PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 wont register...

Ethan-Blue
06-24-2014, 04:25 AM
Second time posting this...

Alright, so I bought Far Cry 3 from Steam a couple of days ago, while it was still $7.49. I downloaded it and everything went smoothly, until Uplay came into the picture. First of all, I couldn't log into my new profile (I didn't need Uplay before...) But I finally deleted the "hosts" file and I was able to log in, Hurrah!!!

But...

When I tried to validate my new copy of Far Cry 3 (Oh, so shiny!) I got thist message saying " We're unable to register this game to your Uplay account right now as the Ubisoft server is unavailable." But I know that cant be true, due to the fact that no one is having the same problem. I have no idea what to do! I have been ripping my hair out for DAYS trying to figure this out. So if you have a solution, type away!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums, do you have the following ports open?

FC3 Ports:
TCP: 80, 443
UDP: 9000, 10009 (punkbuster)

Uplay Launcher:
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200

You can also open a ticket with Technical Support, who will be able to take a look for you https://support.ubi.com

Kalililak
06-28-2014, 08:26 AM
Second time posting this...

Alright, so I bought Far Cry 3 from Steam a couple of days ago, while it was still $7.49. I downloaded it and everything went smoothly, until Uplay came into the picture. First of all, I couldn't log into my new profile (I didn't need Uplay before...) But I finally deleted the "hosts" file and I was able to log in, Hurrah!!!

But...

When I tried to validate my new copy of Far Cry 3 (Oh, so shiny!) I got thist message saying " We're unable to register this game to your Uplay account right now as the Ubisoft server is unavailable." But I know that cant be true, due to the fact that no one is having the same problem. I have no idea what to do! I have been ripping my hair out for DAYS trying to figure this out. So if you have a solution, type away!

Absolutely, Ive avoided UPlay so far having avoided all Ubisoft PC games for years. Since the original AssCreed in fact. Decided to take a chance and get Far Cry 3. Now I cant even login to the Uplay account I didnt want to have as it tells me the service is not available and that I can switch to offline mode. But I have to login online to activate the game. Ironic that if I pirate the game I wouldnt have these problems which result from a DRM platform which came about in part to mitigate piracy through a deterrent. Yes I have submitted a ticket to the support but not like im holding outmuch hope of them...better to try and resolve the issue myself if thats possible.

So what is this host file and does anyone have any other ideas?