PDA

View Full Version : Combo weekly or Rush weekly?

sambiose
06-23-2014, 03:26 PM
my first match today in the jackpot my oponnent had a full board with 4 Das on turn 4... yeah he got lucky but what i really want to say is: dont we have enough stronghold rushs already in standard that we need some more in this weekly format? i dont like to complain so does anyone have a "non-rush" deck to suggest? or if we dont have 4 Das we are out of this weekly?

Quarison
06-23-2014, 03:44 PM
my first match today in the jackpot my oponnent had a full board with 4 Das on turn 4... yeah he got lucky but what i really want to say is: dont we have enough stronghold rushs already in standard that we need some more in this weekly format? i dont like to complain so does anyone have a "non-rush" deck to suggest? or if we dont have 4 Das we are out of this weekly?

Hakeem mill can be good.

Or 2-6-2 Gazal, Herald of the Void, with void shades, evades and puppets, enthralls etc.

belias fortune can be good for stall.

I did not tried any of them. But you can make a decent deck if you try.

malkorion
06-23-2014, 04:09 PM
what is the weekly?

sambiose
06-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Hakeem mill can be good.

Or 2-6-2 Gazal, Herald of the Void, with void shades, evades and puppets, enthralls etc.

belias fortune can be good for stall.

I did not tried any of them. But you can make a decent deck if you try.

Thanks for the advice! i tried hakeem mill with spells and it actually works ( i dont have thrones)

Aranarth78
06-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Deck must have exactly 30 cards (39 with hero and events).

Infernal_Wisdom
06-23-2014, 07:19 PM
my mini-garant gate vent 7-0 actually but I disconnected from one game sadly 6-1 :P and I think this is one of best decks :)

XXAbratzo
06-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Xormxormxormxormxormxormxorm-weekly

budynzmajonezem
06-23-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm playing Ignatius discard. I lost 2 times to Crag and Xorm hard rush (bad draw) and 3 times to Hakeem mill (it's 20-80 here). But overall it works great when you know you can draw altar or throne basically every second turn.

girolamocas
06-24-2014, 10:59 AM
I don't play Open often, so take this with a grain of salt, but it seems to me that Hakeem mill with Void Shades is almost a guaranteed win: you simply don't have enough cards to fight back.

Stoneofhelp
06-24-2014, 11:29 AM
I don't play Open often, so take this with a grain of salt, but it seems to me that Hakeem mill with Void Shades is almost a guaranteed win: you simply don't have enough cards to fight back.

Can be beaten but it depends. Seems a bit luck based. If you can outrush him and if you are lucky enough not to lose your vital cards for countering his stalls you might do ok.

I did pretty well with Sveltlana, until I met Jkk Hakeem. Then tried mini Masfar OTK which works great but a lot of people are running 4x mana storm and 4x Blind arbiters making otk impossible. Won some vs Hakeem with OTK cause you can win by turn 5 or 6 if he does not play cosmic realignment (Altar of shadows say hello it Void Ripple and Time Jump :P) other times he managed to put all my chain castings in the graveyard.

Anyway, looks like the right number and combo of rares and epics are needed to win in this format :)

gabusan
06-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Altar of shadows say hello it Void Ripple and Time Jump :P)

If you play Time jump when your opponent has an Altar of shadows in play, Altar of shadows wont get discarded for your second turn. Your opponent must reach his next turn for Altar to be discarded. The one doing the :P face will be your opponent if you try that.

Void ripple will do fine against the Altar, though.

Stoneofhelp
06-24-2014, 12:05 PM
If you play Time jump when your opponent has an Altar of shadows in play, Altar of shadows wont get discarded for your second turn. Your opponent must reach his next turn for Altar to be discarded. The one doing the :P face will be your opponent if you try that.

Void ripple will do fine against the Altar, though.

ummm... ya that's what I meant just thought that was obvious enough not to have to explain. TJ is important for being able to play deploy a creature and in the same turn or to otk with less cards if he does not wipe creatures you might have in play, Void ripple is for the removal......

Arcane mastery can also be used to punch through stone shields, but, and this is important, the creature must be a magic creature. Tried it with Scholar and failed XD Removing them since Void Ripple is better and if you OTK soon enough he cant have both Altar and Shield up

Packing 3x Void Ripples can remove anything so I dont take town portal or broken bridge since Void Shades are Anchored anyway l :)

zenithale
06-24-2014, 02:53 PM
I have mostly played a Zouleika 6/4/0 (5W-0L) after having played few Sanctuary Decks (Akane and ishuma with 4 Kabuki Dojo (3W-1L). It was just for daily quests, but I got a good result at the end 8W-1L. I have fought against various Decks : 3x Hakeem, Belias, Crag Hack, 2x Xorm, Ignatus and Asalah.

banduan
06-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Just won a swiss weekly.

All my opponents were Academy mill, 2 Hakeems and one Asalah.

Arcane Mastery + Focused Mind won me one, a Graveyard and a missed stall the next, two Graveyards + SotS the final one.

Surprised there were no Inferno!

Stoneofhelp
06-24-2014, 03:32 PM
I have mostly played a Zouleika 6/4/0 (5W-0L) after having played few Sanctuary Decks (Akane and ishuma with 4 Kabuki Dojo (3W-1L). It was just for daily quests, but I got a good result at the end 8W-1L. I have fought against various Decks : 3x Hakeem, Belias, Crag Hack, 2x Xorm, Ignatus and Asalah.

Just won a swiss weekly.

All my opponents were Academy mill, 2 Hakeems and one Asalah.

Arcane Mastery + Focused Mind won me one, a Graveyard and a missed stall the next, two Graveyards + SotS the final one.

Surprised there were no Inferno!

Replays please I'd love to see the decks :)

banduan
06-25-2014, 06:00 AM
Sadly I can't find my replays.

Can't be hard to figure out what deck it is though. ;) Mine is not actually optimised, so won't be an example of the best. I'm missing some cards.

zenithale
07-07-2014, 05:00 PM
I am probably too late (I forgot this thread), by you can get my 8 replays HERE (http://www.mediafire.com/download/18rcxq5k15l87n2/Replays_Weekly_39_cards.zip) (in the .zip) : Akane vs Hakeem then vs Xorm, Ishuma vs Belias and Zouleika vs Hakeem, Xorm, Crag, Ignatus and Asalah.
The only game I lost was against a perfect Hakeem Mill who crushed me in just few turns... thus not interesting (anyway I have already deleted the Replay :eek:).