PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 4 and YouTube?

Notacoolkid1992
06-22-2014, 11:08 PM
I understand this is a Far Cry 3 forum, and the release of 4 is still a ways away, but I had a few questions I wanted to get out of the way before deciding on this game.

Will Far Cry 4 be available for YouTube Monetization? I have read Ubisoft's Copyrights and have taken note of the line that states "You are free to monetize your videos via the YouTube partner program and similar programs on other video sharing sites." Seems pretty straight forward if you ask me.

However, I do know that some YouTubers (excluding the massively famous ones, of course) had issues with YouTube when it came to Monetizing their Far Cry 3 Videos. I also know that some of those issues were resolved by posting on these forums. So, here I am, in an attempt to get ahead of the problem.

Is YouTube going to have a hissy fit over Monetization on Far Cry 4? If so, who at Ubisoft may I contact in order to alleviate any issues I may run into?

Thanks for all your help.

Tully__
06-23-2014, 01:13 PM
All the information and relevant links are contained in http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/773564-Ubisoft-policy-on-YouTube-videos
Should YouTube give you a hassle, use the email address in that post to get assistance.

Notacoolkid1992
06-26-2014, 02:27 AM
that's the issue, their policy states that videos must be non-commercial use only, unless otherwise stated by them. I guess my next step is to try and contact them myself. I'd also like to know about monetizing Far Cry 3 videos, so i'll need to contact them for that as well.

Tully__
06-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Did you notice this bit:

You are free to monetize your videos via the YouTube partner program and similar programs on other video sharing sites.
You can have YouTube partner ads if you want, they're not counting that as commercial use.
On the other hand if you're charging per view, using the videos to promote another business or other similar activities, they're not going to like it.