PDA

View Full Version : Maybe met a cheater. Leave others to decide.

FabledSomething
06-20-2014, 01:44 PM
[SIZE=2]If there is no evidence in my video, that seems to point to the fact, that this guy is a hacker. Well then we should treat it as such.
I hate cheaters, but i have also been called that many many times over the years myself. Without ever hacking.

I just found this episode to be very suspicious. The purpose of uploading it, is if anyone else have met him and experienced
something similar, that can help this further. Treat this is as a possible evidence of cheating, nothing is decided.
<link removed>

Tully__
06-21-2014, 11:32 AM
No names (including videos, screenshots or links to those that show the name) of cheat suspects permitted on the forum. Please report incidents of suspected cheating to http://support.ubi.com/ and if it occurs on console, report it to the "report a player" page on the relevant console network webpages.

FabledSomething
06-21-2014, 12:47 PM
No names (including videos, screenshots or links to those that show the name) of cheat suspects permitted on the forum. Please report incidents of suspected cheating to http://support.ubi.com/ and if it occurs on console, report it to the "report a player" page on the relevant console network webpages.

So let me get this straight moderator.
If he was cheating, you don't think it belongs in the open that he does?. People are allowed to make up their own opinions.
And when it comes to ubisoft support, i am not going to file any ticket there, as i have already done that with the 90% bug that
took took you 3 weeks to fix.

I do respect that this forum does not allow to talk about, wherever someone is cheating or not. And by then you remove the possibility for
players to unite and maybe share stories, that might actually get a hacker caught. Game companies don't care about cheaters, it is
mainly on pc where it happens, and pc is a small market, and you have already proven that you don't care about pc by releasing a
crappy optimized product.

So yeah. No i'm not going to waste my time filing a cheat complaint. I do not believe you would do anything about it.

Kevears
06-21-2014, 01:14 PM
If he was cheating, you don't think it belongs in the open that he does?

This rule is in place to protect innocent players from an online witch hunt. If someone thinks they've spotted a hacker and posts that in the community, that player will get a bad name in the community while perhaps he was just suffering from a bug, or his internet dropped on him. If that player will be the target of a witch hunt, he won't be able to enjoy the community and game like he should be, as it's not his fault that it showed up like that.

I don't have any experiences with support, I don't know what and in which timeframe they'll do with the reports. But I do feel like it's good that it has to go through support, as 1) no witch hunt on innocent players and 2) it goes directly to the people who can do something about it. Again, I don't have experiences with support, so I don't know if they'll do something promptly about it, but they can and should.

FabledSomething
06-21-2014, 01:29 PM
This rule is in place to protect innocent players from an online witch hunt. If someone thinks they've spotted a hacker and posts that in the community, that player will get a bad name in the community while perhaps he was just suffering from a bug, or his internet dropped on him.

I do understand that argument. In my case it is Wallhack that is in question. And it can't be proven unless someone sees it directly, and especially again and again and again. Or if Ubisoft my a miracle makes antisoftware that detects it (which i don't believe they will ever do). Therefor suspicious activity should be allowed to be discussed. Or the latter is that it actually pays off to be a hacker, because nothing bad will happen to you anyways.

Well, when it comes to witchhunts. I have always tried to be a as neutral as possible when it comes to cheater footage and evidence. And only when i am dead certain i judge them. But many people are of course not like that, that is something i did not think of when i made my first post.

Anyways. I don't care. If he pops up on my online hacking again, i'll just avoid him, better to be safe than sorry.

Tully__
06-22-2014, 11:56 AM
....So yeah. No i'm not going to waste my time filing a cheat complaint. I do not believe you would do anything about it.
One thing is certain, if you don't file a report then I can guarantee that nothing gets done about it. None of the forum staff have the access required. If you want anything done it is essential that you notify support for PC or the relevant console network for console versions.

FabledSomething
06-22-2014, 01:54 PM
One thing is certain, if you don't file a report then I can guarantee that nothing gets done about it. None of the forum staff have the access required. If you want anything done it is essential that you notify support for PC or the relevant console network for console versions.

My video only shows suspicious activity of wallhack. It would take an awful amount of time to capture someone using it. I have been a gamer for very many years, and i have seen all kinds of cheat, and i also worked as admin for several anti-cheat softwares. To detect wallhack you need in eye footage of the hacker or tons of footage from victims that don't add up to logic. And even when you have that, it's not 100% that someone can be called a certain hacker. The sofware to detect it must be in place to be certain, but that only captures like half of the exploit programs out there.

So hackers always have the edge, whilst the ones playing fair get's their *** kicked.

But anyways, thanks for the reply.

youtube_yaamen
06-22-2014, 11:41 PM
TC, why don't you edit the video to cover up the other player's name and upload it again? I'd be interested in seeing the footage.

I will tell you this, though. The game is rife with glitches. I was watching a player on Twitch and he entered someone's game to hack. However, the game spawned him beneath the building the player was in. More to the point, in an area no one could possible get to. It wasn't the invaders fault. He was able to see out and hack the player but the player couldn't see him.

I've also seen NPC's glitched inside of buildings with no access. It's a glitchy game.