PDA

View Full Version : Cross Platform Tracks...by ???????

NasT65
06-19-2014, 07:16 PM
We all know that making awesome tracks cross over platforms is awesome, HOWEVER...Not saying who made these tracks is a travesty. RL you know i love ya, but how in gods good name can you take someones creations, cross them over to a new platform, and not say who the original creator is somehow, somewhere?? What an honor for these guys to have their work go multi-platform, but then to not give them credit for it takes away from it. I know you have the technology...please add the creators gamertag to the tracks so they can receive credit where its due. You could say created by .... in the description at the very least. I'm sure a few will say its not important, and some will disagree strongly, however i personally feel like people need to know who made the tracks. Just seems right to do so. By calling them all Fusion Community, and not listing the creators name, its almost as if your patting yourself on the back for figuring out cross platforming, and taking all due credit away from the creator. My $0.02.

Who agrees?

thecrakfox
06-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Agreed. Better to delete the description and replace it with "created by [name] on [platform]" than to not give the creator any credit.

H3X23
06-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Strongly agree! Well said NasT65!

RetiredRonin
06-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Fusion Community means that they come from the community. It's not as easy as saying "This track was made by Bob on XBOX ONE" if the track is also on PS4. The best I can commit to right now would be a forum post that lists creators and platforms, but you'll likely not see that within the game.

Jeruhnq
06-19-2014, 07:29 PM
What i wrote in the Track Central SUGGEST IMPROVEMENTS FIXES thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/870304-Track-Central-SUGGEST-IMPROVEMENTS-FIXES-HERE-for-Devs?p=10052454&viewfull=1#post10052454) :
"+ for the "cross-platform tracks" (fusioncommunity), add the name (+ platform) of the creators in the informations or at least in the description"

TheeDesecrator
06-19-2014, 07:29 PM
I was just going to make Shifty's point. The only way I could see it is to use their Uplay ID, not platform specific ID.

Jeruhnq
06-19-2014, 07:42 PM
It doesn't help if the creator haven't Uplay :nonchalance: ...
Maybe it could be in the description, for example :
" Made by ShiftySamurai - A group"

"A group" could mean Xbox 360 :p

NasT65
06-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Fusion Community means that they come from the community. It's not as easy as saying "This track was made by Bob on XBOX ONE" if the track is also on PS4. The best I can commit to right now would be a forum post that lists creators and platforms, but you'll likely not see that within the game.

i do understand your point, to an extent...the overall sound of your post leads me to believe the team has discussed this already, which is good. I simply have to ask tho what is the good reason for deciding no, we will not say who it is. Also, TBH, i dont think many would care what platform it originated from...its going to be found by a player, for THEIR platform, they should know who made it tho. I also dont want you to thinl im attacking you about it either, i know your just one of their voices and its cool you replied swiftly shifty. My last question will be this, were you saying that YOU indeed would commit to making a thread, or should i take it upon myself to make an update one, which i would very happily do, as i feel very very strongly about the creators getting their credit, at least on the forums would be better than nothing.

TheeDesecrator
06-19-2014, 07:49 PM
It doesn't help if the creator haven't Uplay :nonchalance: ...
Maybe it could be in the description, for example :
" Made by ShiftySamurai - A group"

"A group" could mean Xbox 360 :p

Yep. Massive problem. I do like your solution. Not likely, but decent enough idea.

NasT65
06-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Also shifty if you are going to do this for us, may i suggest
creator current GT
platform
forum name (optional but handy)
Old 360 ID if they had one (optional but handy)

the community or the creators themselves can help with forum names and/or old GT. Adding those would just help with GT that changed when switching platforms. Guys like emcee who is known as emcee by all but possibly not so much by a new ps4 ID etc. etc. just ideas...

NasT65
06-19-2014, 08:14 PM
My friend Psycad actually uploads tracks like FusionCommunity does and he includes the original description as well as the name of the creator of the track.

Seems like the right way to me.:cool: Hes a swell chap for that!

psycad
06-19-2014, 10:31 PM
The number of characters that can be in the track description is really small though. Sometimes you have to shorten the original description just to fit the creator's name..

RetiredRonin
06-19-2014, 11:56 PM
i do understand your point, to an extent...the overall sound of your post leads me to believe the team has discussed this already, which is good. I simply have to ask tho what is the good reason for deciding no, we will not say who it is. Also, TBH, i dont think many would care what platform it originated from...its going to be found by a player, for THEIR platform, they should know who made it tho. I also dont want you to thinl im attacking you about it either, i know your just one of their voices and its cool you replied swiftly shifty. My last question will be this, were you saying that YOU indeed would commit to making a thread, or should i take it upon myself to make an update one, which i would very happily do, as i feel very very strongly about the creators getting their credit, at least on the forums would be better than nothing.

Making an inquiry as to why we didn't share names of creators is a totally valid question, and I in no way saw it as an attack. You guys are fans of the game, you're passionate about it, you create content for it... You're the backbone of the community and a huge part of our ability to continue to make more games. However, there ARE some questions that I do not feel comfortable answering by myself, and this happens to be one of them. For now, I can only say this: We have had many, many (like, a whole lot of) discussions about a cross platform Track Central. Having UGC from multiple release platforms playable by people on every other platform was one of our goals from the start. It isn't easy, and it isn't something that I have really seen before, except in the instance of Portal 2, which is reliant upon Steamworks and only works from PC - PS3. We are able to do this due to our use of Uplay services that Trials Fusion has been built to use. I know that some of you aren't fans of Uplay, but without it, we might not have the opportunity to share these tracks with the whole of Trials players.

As these tracks are selected from the vast amount of tracks on Track Central it's almost like RedLynx Picks, only these tracks will be made to work on all platforms. As such, I don't see why we WOULDN'T have an "Official" thread about these tracks, and the only reason it hasn't yet happened is because I am not currently in the office (con-flu) and I have limited communications with the other folks at RedLynx. The Featured Tracks thread should be created by Monday, which is when I can be fairly sure that everyone who has required information should be in the office.

My friend Psycad actually uploads tracks like FusionCommunity does and he includes the original description as well as the name of the creator of the track.

I had the pleasure of meeting Psycad and I am in 100% agreement, he's a cool guy. He should be careful though, as he is technically breaking Microsoft's Terms of Use by taking that information from the Xbox's drive and moving it to PC, and we cannot condone such practices.

Note: I didn't notice how "wall-o-text" my post was becoming. SORRY!

YeahimAwesome
06-20-2014, 12:49 AM
By calling them all Fusion Community, and not listing the creators name
Well I learned something today, I thought "FusionCommunity" was another track making group shared account.

C'mon now RL, have a little class and give them credit for their work. Without them Fusion is gonna be a dead in a few months.

morrillo
06-20-2014, 02:02 AM

I made this for you guys:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/893057-*Trials-Fusion-Cross-Platform-Fusion-Community-directory*

A directory of every track, creator, original format, date, difficulty, and videos.
:)
Will update as necessary.
RL, these cross platform ports are VERY welcome indeed.

BlastergamerX
06-20-2014, 05:38 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting Psycad and I am in 100% agreement, he's a cool guy. He should be careful though, as he is technically breaking Microsoft's Terms of Use by taking that information from the Xbox's drive and moving it to PC, and we cannot condone such practices.!
I don't get that. Remaking a track on another platform should be violating the ToU? And you can't even get the track file because there is no local save on Trials Fusion!

En0-
06-20-2014, 05:58 AM
Hi,

That's a really tricky topic and that's normal Shifty doesn't feel comfortable answering that. So I am going to try to help.

I just wanted to point out that I don't know any other game that shares things created on XboxOne/360 to PS4 and vice-versa at this scale. It's totally normal that 1st parties are a little bit cold for this kind of thing, they want to protect their ecosystem and differentiate it from the other, it's understandable (I would do the same). We have a really great relationship with Microsoft and Sony and they help us to improve the experience on their platform. It's already a huge step forward to have been able to manage to do it (and I hope we'll be able to keep opening things between platforms) but to achieve it, we had to do some concession and accept some constraints. I think at the end we found a win/win agreement between 1st parties and Trials Fusion.

That's also due to the quality of the community and the quality of the content produced. This also allows creators to have exposition on some top world-wide website like IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/18/trials-fusion-our-10-favorite-user-created-tracks

So please, be proud and celebrate with us to have been able to do what nobody did before. :-)

Cheers,

SparkierJoNESZ
06-20-2014, 08:37 AM
hi eno

its amazing that we have crossplatform user created content now :cool:

you didn't say anything about that the creators aren't recieving the credit they deserve for their creations though
i think atleast the name could be added somewhere so we know who made it, regardless of the platform
i hope thats something you're gonna add one way or another,and even something we can search for because i can imagine we will have a ****load of amazing crossplatform tracks in a few months/years

stllbreathnbdy
06-20-2014, 09:12 AM
I think when eno was talking about concessions and constraints, he was referring to the specific information of the tracks. He said 1st parties are protective of themselves. As such, I would imagine having details saying a track that is awesome from a competitor would be bad for business. So, with the arrangement they have, they can still share cross platform, but they have to be vague about it. That's my guess. Which would also explain why such an awesome feature isn't really that obvious in the game, with it being nonchalantly put under the "uplay recommends" page.

morrillo
06-20-2014, 02:08 PM
On PS4 you guys have the wrong track ID in the Uplay feed for Mentalhobbit's track:

You added "dinosaurus by FG-312" (so got the wrong ID when adding to feed)
"Sands of time by Mentalhobbit" is on PS4 (search by creator for Fusion_Community) but NOT in the Uplay feed.

En0-
06-20-2014, 02:38 PM
On PS4 you guys have the wrong track ID in the Uplay feed for Mentalhobbit's track:

"Sands of time by Mentalhobbit" is on PS4 (search by creator for Fusion_Community) but NOT in the Uplay feed.

Thanks, I forwarded internally the information.

NasT65
06-20-2014, 04:54 PM
@morillo, thanks for that brother, at least the creators will get recongition on the forums...its better than nothing. Really bugs me that everyone who plays the game cant see who made them. Your a champ for starting that thread brother.

Wraath
06-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Coming from someone who made one of these tracks, it does bother me knowing I'm not getting the recognition I deserve. Who wouldn't want 50+
Msg's a day on top of what I already get. I would love that...

No really, It doesnt bother me. I had the experience of going and meeting some awesome people. Thats enough for me.

jook13
06-22-2014, 03:06 AM
What an interesting discussion we have going on here!

I will admit one thing here and now, I fully did not expect ANY form of cross platform track central tracks. What we have now is a huge step above anything I saw coming. Bravo to redlynx for managing what we have now. I just figured sony and microsoft would have said "no way in hell!, don't show people what awesome tracks are available on the other guys platform!"

In Trials HD, there was no track central. You had to tirelessly advertise your own tracks, make your own youtube videos, start your own forum thread. At most, we had around 100 people playing our track (the friend limit... remember that?). The most recognition even the biggest and most popular builders got was like 10-15 messages per track between Forum, youtube, and xbox live... It was Very tough to get many people to play your tracks and the biggest honor you got was a little praise from a little (but very tight!) community, and any feedback I got was an amazing honor!

In Trials Evo we got a monumental step forward with track central. Suddenly, we didnt have to juggle friend requests to allow more than one hundred people to play our tracks. We had one place to search for tracks and browse popular tracks and things like that. I remember someone complaining that they only had like 600 downloads for their track. I was thinking "well geese! thats like 6 times the downloads anyone ever got on Trials HD..." REdlynx introduced the Redlynx picks and man, what an honor to make a track that got picked! One of my tracks recieved something like 300,000 downloads! Simply having the ability to reach that many people was incredible.

Now we have Fusion. I wont talk about some of the kinks that need ironing out. We have beaten that horse to death. I'm going to talk about the positives here. We now have the possibility to reach players across 4 platforms. Sony, Microsoft, and PC. I'm not sure if you guys realize what a feat that is. THis was done by a (semi) indie company. The first time this was done isnt some huge budget EA or Activision game. It was Trials! It see it as freakin huge. Its like the honor of making the cut to have a REdlynx pick, but it means more because it reaches even more people. I see it as a huge step forward and I wouldnt be surprised if it gets expanded upon.

Its kinda a shame people arent getting direct credit, but here is my point of view as someone who has a fairly deep history in track building in Trials. It would still be a huge honor. The people here on these forums will all know who made what track. I will just be happy if I make a track that makes it onto all platforms. Perhaps when I make a track, I will slip in a little signature in there somewhere.... And yes, I will be making a track sooner or later.

D2Dahaka
06-22-2014, 05:23 AM
Very nice post Jook and puts things into perspective. At least we understand why builders don't get credit on x-platform tracks and to be honest it's a small price to pay for what is a monumental step forward for the game. Fusion really needs this for the game's longevity on all platforms and it's really positive to see RedLynx push forward with this despite their being not much in the way of precedents for such a thing. If this proves a success who knows what possibilities this may open in the future not only for Trials, but for other games.

alfrid2014
06-22-2014, 06:05 AM
strong Agree

live cricket streaming (http://www.cricbuzz.tv)

NicholasBBB
06-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Very nice post Jook and puts things into perspective. At least we understand why builders don't get credit on x-platform tracks and to be honest it's a small price to pay for what is a monumental step forward for the game. Fusion really needs this for the game's longevity on all platforms and it's really positive to see RedLynx push forward with this despite their being not much in the way of precedents for such a thing. If this proves a success who knows what possibilities this may open in the future not only for Trials, but for other games.

Agreed... but for the least mature reason possible. lol I think it is fun to see my track top 4 on highest rated of the week and count all those Fusion Community tracks below. I kinda look at it as competition from the other platforms. For every community track I beat... it is one more person who chose the wrong platform.

On a serious note, I love the cross-platform tracks. I'm glad I won't miss out on the gems that the good builders make. Keep em' coming. :D

En0-
06-25-2014, 08:28 AM

Hi guys,

That should be fixed now.

Cheers,

morrillo
06-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Hi guys,

That should be fixed now.

Cheers,Thanks, Mentalhobbit will be pleased :)

Chaaampy
06-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Yup guys,

I don't know if the question was ask but whatever.

Can we vote for the crossplatform tracks ? Who choose it ? Shifty, BB ... ? Cuz some of them are a bit disappointing imo.

IImayneII
06-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Yup guys,

I don't know if the question was ask but whatever.

Can we vote for the crossplatform tracks ? Who choose it ? Shifty, BB ... ? Cuz some of them are a bit disappointing imo.

IGN? (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/18/trials-fusion-our-10-favorite-user-created-tracks)

Chaaampy
06-25-2014, 02:31 PM
Wow, i never noticed it before.

I think that the community should vote, but whatever ...

morrillo
06-25-2014, 03:49 PM
I would like to see the RL picks ported as standard each time new picks are chosen, are there technical reasons why this isn't possible guys?
Obviously more than just the RL picks would be very welcome also!