PDA

View Full Version : The reveals so far!

Kimundi
06-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Hello Champions,

We know you love reveals, so we decided to gather the cards revealed in the different communities so far!

EXCLUSIVITY

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/angelprotector.JPG

HD artwork
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/AngelProtectorartwork.png

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/sunblaze.JPG

HD artwork
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/sunblazeartwork.png

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/bloodsharkwarrior.JPG

HD artwork
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/bloodsharkwarriorartwork.png

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/makeshift.JPG

HD artwork
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/makeshiftartwork.png

! Other revealed cards here ! (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/892851-The-reveals-so-far!?p=10062301&viewfull=1#post10062301)

We'd like to remind you those cards are still being balanced and may change before the release of Griffin Bane!

More reveals are to come, stay tuned !

HighLanderPony
06-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Nice!

That angel is something that would be nice to sit on a Shrine of Elrath (cause of the ETB effect).

And I feel like a spell like Sunblaze was greatly needed, with Sunburst gone.

Can't wait!

MoritzBradtke
06-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Wow, the angel protector is strong! 7hp, 3dmg and such a usefull ability, with more ongoing spells in the game he will just grow stronger, awesome! and he is playable with 4 ressource! good Job here, very intresting card but i dont think he is too strong so pls dont nerf him! he is about right and heaven Needs some strong Cards, sunblaze is an intresting card also it allows usage with the

crusader Cards, heavens best low Drops, so its very intresting but not anywhere Close to op, stunned to see more (: hopefully heaven gets at last 1 good dmg Tier 3 drop, we would Need something like glory i think to be competitive

Maerwin
06-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Angel is nice, but the requirements are pretty steep. But keep on with requirements like this, it is at least something for the player who goes first! He looks strong, just not lava spawn/djinn level strong. Sunblaze seems really good, even if it can't kill Lava Spawns. Bloodshark - depends on how many other bloodthirst creatures we get and how strong they will be. Golem - I would really like to see a viable strategy with constructs, but random tutoring IMO isn't the way to do it

cucu99
06-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Wow, the angel protector is strong! 7hp, 3dmg and such a usefull ability, with more ongoing spells in the game he will just grow stronger, awesome! and he is playable with 4 ressource! good Job here, very intresting card but i dont think he is too strong so pls dont nerf him! he is about right and heaven Needs some strong Cards, sunblaze is an intresting card also it allows usage with the

crusader Cards, heavens best low Drops, so its very intresting but not anywhere Close to op, stunned to see more (: hopefully heaven gets at last 1 good dmg Tier 3 drop, we would Need something like glory i think to be competitive

I think cards which already spoilered not gonna be nerfed until release. That's why they spoilered stats and everything.

Portios86
06-19-2014, 03:01 PM
I was expecting a bit more, but there will be more cards so Iīll try to stay calmed.

The angel is a very decent creature which will never come into play at turn 4 due to requeriments. Its ability is good but quite situational (we donīt know how GB meta is going to be like). Nice stats and decent ability, cheap but slow (due to requeriments). Overall a good card, but not all what we need.

Sunblaze...nice card, well designed, but way worse than it looks. To play a fast sunblaze, unlike firebolt, you will need to rise magic early, and sunblaze canīt kill almost anything, specially early rushers. It would be awesome against DA but we play against lava spawns and 1/0/5 enrage shoters. It can be very good in mid-late where creatures are fighting though. A nice card, a bit of what we need, but still not everything we need.

Keep the good work, guys, but please donīt forget to check main issues in this meta. We still need a decent early game shoter for haven and sanctuary. Crusader watchmen is a joke in standard (a very big one), new sister is awful, at least in the current meta. Sanctuary needs a 2 damage fast shoter too.
Haven could get also better 3 drops, but mostly 2 drops (squire, sister and watchmen are very underwhelming and loyal griffin isnīt enough), crusader vanguard, sunrider and chaplain are decent but they lose to every 3 drop of every other faction, thatīs unfair.

Btw, I think you are designing angel protector as the "anti-dark magic late game" defense, because it fights enthralls. Itīs very nice, still not enough if haven is going to be a late game faction. Donīt know if itīs supposed to be late game faction though.

I like how it looks but I hope you really have something else for haven, not just mediocre cards or fillers. These cards arenīt the case, these cards are very nice, congratulations.

Portios86
06-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Oh I forgot it. Iīm gonna say it in a simple and concise way:

Donīt make a single viable card for Dham mass rage or Masfar otk. You will regret.

Atban06
06-19-2014, 04:39 PM
We'd like to remind you those cards are still being balanced and may change before the release of Griffin Bane!

More reveals are to come, stay tuned !

Begin the balancing with the Angel. This card is op as the Boneyard. Suggestion: less hp and "When this createre enters the battleground and there are at least 3 friendly cretures destroy all enemy ongoing spells."

MoritzBradtke
06-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Begin the balancing with the Angel. This card is op as the Boneyard. Suggestion: less hp and "When this createre enters the battleground and there are at least 3 friendly cretures destroy all enemy ongoing spells."

well, necro has boneyard and we have this, i dont see the Problem... lol

twardy_
06-19-2014, 05:27 PM
how can you say its OP when you didnt see rest of the cards?
anyway, dont you think haven needs some love?

Portios86
06-19-2014, 05:48 PM

Jesus...itīs not even close to the op level of boneyard, itīs just a cheap but slow fatty with a highly situational ability. Slow enough so stronghold and inferno donīt care about him, situational enough for them. Too good vs enthrall based strategies? Haven still canīt play removals or high damage spell, just play your cloudshaper in front of him if you are worried about his stats...or play your banshees before you start playing entrhall...
This card just starts giving us a chance to play haven, we still need better early game creatures to deal with those insanely good rushy creatures from stronghold and inferno...

Wait, do you main dham mass rage? I could see the problem then, and let me tell that Iīm not sad about this, you can still troll everyone else with your mass rage, stone shields, ur jubaal, arkathīs and so on...(if you play her). The 3 friendly creatures requeriment would make him unplayable against an already lost board where a random dark magic user has all your fatties and killed all your small creatures.

Btw, how long until we see the new sanctuary cards?

malkorion
06-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Fatties will be unplayable as long as they are vulnerable to Dark Magic, Broken Bridge, etc.

ulpsz
06-19-2014, 10:55 PM
nothing I like so far....

the angel seems well ballanced but his ability not so usefull...ongoing spells have never been such a big problem so far in standard..
divine intervention seems like a far better choice imo...and why protector??? he does not protect anything...he dispels enemy spells...why not angelic purger or something along thet line...

the spell is ok..but they better had left sunburst in standard

the golem seems to encourage those construct decks I liked playing them so ok here but nothing more

how come you are so uncreative with enrage /bloodlust creatures...

bloodshark would have been a card for the old keltor who could work with bloodlust also...

why not give the enrage counters when he KILLS an enemy creature..that would make more sense wouldn't it???
it's like you deliberately create this left handed stuff....

so far you guys seem very short on creative ideas

Keynomaru
06-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Sahaar Brute returns lol

Stoneofhelp
06-20-2014, 09:37 AM
The angel is a very decent creature which will never come into play at turn 4 due to requeriments. Its ability is good but quite situational (we donīt know how GB meta is going to be like). Nice stats and decent ability, cheap but slow (due to requeriments). Overall a good card, but not all what we need.

Sunblaze...nice card, well designed, but way worse than it looks. To play a fast sunblaze, unlike firebolt, you will need to rise magic early, and sunblaze canīt kill almost anything, specially early rushers. It would be awesome against DA but we play against lava spawns and 1/0/5 enrage shoters. It can be very good in mid-late where creatures are fighting though. A nice card, a bit of what we need, but still not everything we need.

Keep the good work, guys, but please donīt forget to check main issues in this meta. We still need a decent early game shoter for haven and sanctuary. Crusader watchmen is a joke in standard (a very big one), new sister is awful, at least in the current meta. Sanctuary needs a 2 damage fast shoter too.
Haven could get also better 3 drops, but mostly 2 drops (squire, sister and watchmen are very underwhelming and loyal griffin isnīt enough), crusader vanguard, sunrider and chaplain are decent but they lose to every 3 drop of every other faction, thatīs unfair.

Btw, I think you are designing angel protector as the "anti-dark magic late game" defense, because it fights enthralls. Itīs very nice, still not enough if haven is going to be a late game faction. Donīt know if itīs supposed to be late game faction though.

I like how it looks but I hope you really have something else for haven, not just mediocre cards or fillers. These cards arenīt the case, these cards are very nice, congratulations.

I totally agree. Angel is fine but situational. A nice counter for enthalls other than broken Bridges which is nice, And could maybe help vs mass rage. I am usure whether he actually need a dark ward or not. Would either have to decrease his stats or increase his costs for that. I likes the first reveal of this card a lot more tbh, except the cost might have been too high, hard to balance. Useful damage reduction and immunity to darkness magic sounded great! For that kind of magic requirement on the new version we could pack some divine intervention instead to deal with ongoing spells.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73517044/AngelProtectorguess1.png

I agree with the problems with Sunblaze. It cant help clear any of the early threats and is too underwhelming for late game usefulness.

The Stonghold creature.... I can see threads coming where people complain about how this card encourages bloothirst creatures all all the stronghold heros only work with enrage counters. Anyway lets see what happens. Might have some interesting plays with sacrificial altar

gabusan
06-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Bloodshark warrior's ability looks it will never do anything. If he has 3 counters of him, I will want to attack and use them, not sit idly waiting to see if he dies. But for stats alone, he is playable.

Angel protector sounds more like a purger to me, not a protector. They cannot even get the names right.

Makeshift golem looks like a decent blocker (he can be placed in front of a melee turn 1 2/1/2, something Scholar was unable to do without having to run away after blocking the attack). Judging by stats, maybe they are envisioning a masafar deck that raises just magic and nothing else, putting only might 1 creatures into play at the beginning (Academy has a few good ones of these) and then big constructs later through his ability.

And Sunblaze looks like it will be used a lot by light heroes, if only because they dont have anything better in standard to deal damage cheaply.

Tresio
06-20-2014, 09:16 PM
The Bloodshark Warrior is basically the new verson of the Sahaar Brute... which disappoints Kelthor lovers everywhere. (When Kelthor's ability got nerfed with the introduction of Base Set 2.0 and Standard format, so that the ability could not be used on creatures that had only Bloodthirst and not Enrage, it had far more effect on game meta in my mind than even the cost increases of Pao Deathseeker and Blackskull Vulture Rider.)

cleverpun0
06-20-2014, 10:13 PM
I agree that sunblaze's utility will depend on what other cards come with it. It would be very interesting to see a set that focuses on giving light magic more offensive ability. Assuming that this set is the same size as HoN, that's only 3-4 spell cards to work with, but two direct damage spells then an ongoing buff could be an interesting setup.

I'm actually more interested in the new elemental creatures--the wind and earth creatures are definitely big parts in a lot of my decks, and the light one really didn't impress me. It'll be interesting to see what the next ones are (and which schools get them).

Portios86
06-20-2014, 10:47 PM
I agree that sunblaze's utility will depend on what other cards come with it. It would be very interesting to see a set that focuses on giving light magic more offensive ability. Assuming that this set is the same size as HoN, that's only 3-4 spell cards to work with, but two direct damage spells then an ongoing buff could be an interesting setup.

I'm actually more interested in the new elemental creatures--the wind and earth creatures are definitely big parts in a lot of my decks, and the light one really didn't impress me. It'll be interesting to see what the next ones are (and which schools get them).

Sadly, it doesnīt seem like they are going to release more light damage spells, 2 light damage spells in the same expansion looks weird, and light isnīt supposed to be very effective at killing. I hope they release other kind of interesting (AND good) light spells.

Anyway, as long as we get some decent creatures for early game we can live without more damage spells.

Btw this sunblaze doesnīt look so mediocre if you play morgan or zardoc (water and earth), but still, we need better 2 and 3 drops. I love this new angel and it helps haven in many ways, but we need better creatures for early game, canīt wait to see them (really, canīt wait xD )

So we have awesome earth, air and (not so awesome cause dark magic) light. Water, fire and primal are left? Canīt wait to see them, again.

Hey guys, question: How many of those protector angels are you going to play? We donīt know the future meta yet but what do you think? are 4 too many? 2? it has great stats for a low cost, even if itīs situational, but the requeriments make them a bit slow. With heroic destiny in a morgan deck, not so slow, but heroic destiny lowers your deck (while speeding your stats). I think we are going to see from 2 to 4 in every haven deck unless they release something else for that drop tier.

malkorion
06-21-2014, 08:16 AM
What was last night's reveal? The Angel that we already knew about?

twardy_
06-21-2014, 10:56 AM
breeder matron or something like that

0/2/8 stats, not remember the passiv :(

GustavXIII
06-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Breeder Matron / Inferno / Magic Melee

Cost: 5 resources, common
0 attack, 2 retaliation, 8hp

For every friendly battlefieldposition, occupied by a breeder, Breeder Matron gains +1 attack.

The card might change though, we just talked about it, the only thing revealed was the artwork.

banduan
06-21-2014, 03:26 PM
The breeder sounds terrible.

Love the Angel, think it's great, though a little disappointed with the retal stat.
Sunblaze is kinda meh, but is convenient.
A Sahaar Brute reprint is a Sahaar Brute reprint.
Makeshift golem is very nice.

gabusan
06-21-2014, 04:43 PM
The breeder sounds terrible.

Terrible? With the other breeder that gives magic resist, it looks like a very solid defender that will only take 1 damage from insect swarm. And Lukers in the dark increase its attack too. I dont think it is that bad, a breeder deck could be fun.

Portios86
06-21-2014, 05:11 PM
A breeder deck is ugly as hell but could work xD

HighLanderPony
06-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Terrible? With the other breeder that gives magic resist, it looks like a very solid defender that will only take 1 damage from insect swarm. And Lukers in the dark increase its attack too. I dont think it is that bad, a breeder deck could be fun.

Yeah, it's meant to be combo'd with other breeders. I like cards like this, this is a nice one.

S9TF1
06-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Do we even have the creatures for such a kind of deck, though? The renamed Gravid Breeder has the stats of a T1 drop. The Breeder mother is outclassed in every aspect by the Lilim. Both of these Breeders are available only in Open. That leave only the Lurker and the Swelling Breeder for Standard, which IMO is simply not enough.

HighLanderPony
06-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Do we even have the creatures for such a kind of deck, though? The renamed Gravid Breeder has the stats of a T1 drop. The Breeder mother is outclassed in every aspect by the Lilim. Both of these Breeders are available only in Open. That leave only the Lurker and the Swelling Breeder for Standard, which IMO is simply not enough.

Oh, wasn't sure if some of the Breeders were open only or not. That does make things worse. Although we haven't seen all the cards yet, so who knows.

bogi122
06-21-2014, 07:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LO9Oxia.jpg

HighLanderPony
06-21-2014, 08:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LO9Oxia.jpg

:O

banduan
06-22-2014, 03:29 AM

Agreed it could be fun in a future breeder deck. It is nice and fat. But it needs at least 2 other breeders out to have a decent attack, for a 5 drop. It feels like it's missing something.

Odd wording though- can you get more than one critter per location?

Jarema03
06-22-2014, 08:12 AM
Breeders are quite good at immolation decks, thanks to their obtained magic resistance. That creature would fit nicely into immolation decks, which is a shame

Jarema03
06-22-2014, 08:13 AM
can you get more than one critter per location?

I believe so, new set is supposed to introduce stacking mechanic

banduan
06-22-2014, 02:21 PM
I believe so, new set is supposed to introduce stacking mechanic

where's this revealed?

twardy_
06-22-2014, 03:33 PM
where's this revealed?

http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/b/540286340

here :)

head-eyes
06-22-2014, 08:20 PM
Please give the breeder at least 2 base damage; 0/2/8 MELEE for 5 is just meh, and I'd love to see more playable breeders.

fr33noob
06-23-2014, 10:48 AM
I may not be that great at this game yet but, i have to say the most impressive card here from a players perspective is the light school magic card. 2 mana, 2 damage to creatures in a row.

if you consider fire burst costs 1, but does 2 to targeted enemy you could argue it is better to use two of those (if lucky), but if I'm not mistaken...in terms of deck management value per card and hand management...this is an almost a godly card to have in the early stages of the game if you brain it a bit, and even later. Light expansion for sure, haven did look a bit weak in standard to be fair.
I've made a few haven decks to win but honestly, versus well made decks i feel like i have to have miracle draws and out think the opponent twice as hard, baring that one hero that heals its minions.

there are two other spells similar to this that make a lot heroes viable, one is the earth spell insect swarm. Second spell is geyser.

Those two spells are incredibly impressive. geyser in particular, It would be insane to have magic school earth-water and dark to make a solid op hero in standard. Anyways, i ramble a lot...wonder what will come.

Kimundi
06-23-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm lacking place in the first post (>< I'm a bad CM for not foreseeing that...), so I'll continue here !

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/BreederMatron.png

HD artwork

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/Breedermatronartwork.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/26/1403774240-masterpiece-titan.png

HD artwork

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/26/1403774242-s06-cre-aca-083.jpg

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/KabukiPropagandist.png

HD artwork

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/KabukiPropagandistArtwork.png

czwartek22
06-23-2014, 03:51 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/04/040210ac1fe04f8ffa788029539b06e01512ec5d7cad81db97 305d2c999d7752.jpg

Portios86
06-23-2014, 05:03 PM
when are you going to show some sanctuary cards kimmundi?:)

tyzc69
06-23-2014, 05:07 PM
freshly news from italian forum

http://i60.tinypic.com/2vblc28.png

(use the opponent's creatures costs 1 res more)

definitely looks good... or not?

zuom000
06-23-2014, 05:23 PM
freshly news from italian forum

http://i60.tinypic.com/2vblc28.png

(use the opponent's creatures costs 1 res more)

definitely looks good... or not?

Pain in the *** against rushes and good stats

S9TF1
06-23-2014, 05:26 PM
As far as I understand, it means that playing a creature costs 1 more requisition for the enemy. Still, given the horrible writing of the descripition text, I can't help but wonder if it also means that the enemy has to pay 1 to move or attack with a creature. That'd make it a rush killer, as well as a nightmare for any creature with swift.

Maerwin
06-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Please give the breeder at least 2 base damage; 0/2/8 MELEE for 5 is just meh, and I'd love to see more playable breeders.
If it makes you feel better, it's always at least 1/2/8 :D

That naga looks quite strong! It's definitely going to piss me off a lot - I am already imagining an enemy dropping this on T4 and me only having otherwise perfect Lashing Lillim on hand. :eek:

gabusan
06-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Maybe this "creature use" mentioned in italian propagandista kabuki is that new mechanic they announced? Maybe creatures will have abilities you can trigger paying a cost, just as you do with some hero abilities, like Ishuma.

I think "using" would probably mean something different than deploying" or "move" or "attack".

Portios86
06-24-2014, 04:24 AM
Italian isnīt very different to Spanish. It says "using the creature of opponent costs 1 res more", but I donīt know if I should understand the text like "using creatures costs one res more for your opponent", in the text it uses singular, and it doesnīt say who is going to pay 1 res more, but itīs clearly not the drawback option, it will be 1 res more for the opponent. There is an academy fortune which uses "usar/usare" magic creatures to mill 3 cards if Iīm not wrong...there, "usar" doesnīt mean attack/move, it means play (from hand). Well...not 100% sure about all.

This card looks very nice, ability is a bit situational, but useful against most decks, it has decent stats and reasonable requeriments like discard maniac from HoN, at 4 cost too.
A bit of what we need in sanctuary: creatures with "control" abilities but decent stats, and not just ambush, in fact, ambush seems to be out of sanctuary permanently in standard, but who knows...
Looks definitely strong, maybe op, but itīs probably going to be weaker than it looks or just reworked. That ability shouldnīt be stacked.
Itīs going to be a high priority target for dark magic like treasurer is. Great against rushes and not so good vs control decks? I donīt know, but definitely a high priority target and a good creature.

girolamocas
06-24-2014, 08:57 AM
I'm Italian, but I play the game in English, so I can't really compare the ability of this "Propagandista" with the other cards.
However, the wording sounds funny to me, as if you could control the opponent's creatures (and when you do that, you'd pay 1 resource more than usual).

So, I think Portios86 is right, and what they really meant is that, when the Propagandista is in play, the opponent must pay 1 resource more to deploy creatures.

Kimundi
06-24-2014, 10:44 AM
To clear things up, here is the English version of the card :

And as usual, the HD artwork

HighLanderPony
06-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Looks awesome!

npavcec
06-24-2014, 12:38 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/b/540286340
here :)

Any way to mute JP.. he is 25 times louder than Simon. :D JP, if you read this, next time you do an interview - lower your mic volume for god's sake. This one is a torture.. :)

Stoneofhelp
06-24-2014, 02:09 PM
To clear things up, here is the English version of the card :

And as usual, the HD artwork

Very nice for Shalan Fortune :)

czwartek22
06-24-2014, 02:19 PM
The new Kabuki is a very nice card IMO, I have one "but" though - for me it would fit better in Haven, which should have more tools to slow down the opponent to gain some time in order to set up the defences.

Still,a great card, well balanced and with a beautiful artwork (I love the paintings on the masks)!

Cainium
06-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Week of Taxes and Week of Manastorm got nerfed for a reason. A passive increase of opponents costs was too strong in some situations.

This guy is the same. And putting more and more good effects on creatures rather than spells and fortunes will strengthen the rushy playstyle we have nowadays. And even make fatties more worthless than they are.

Sorry but i can't imagine how such cards can be good for a versatile meta. Since this guy can be dropped on turn 3 using campfire, it hit's rush and control decks very hard. EXCEPT the other factions get a viable answer.

cucu99
06-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Week of Taxes and Week of Manastorm got nerfed for a reason. A passive increase of opponents costs was too strong in some situations.

This guy is the same. And putting more and more good effects on creatures rather than spells and fortunes will strengthen the rushy playstyle we have nowadays. And even make fatties more worthless than they are.

Sorry but i can't imagine how such cards can be good for a versatile meta. Since this guy can be dropped on turn 3 using campfire, it hit's rush and control decks very hard. EXCEPT the other factions get a viable answer.

I don't get it. How can be a same a creature with event? You just Soulreaver propagandist and can deploy normally, but you can't do anything against events.

Cainium
06-25-2014, 12:44 AM
I don't get it. How can be a same a creature with event? You just Soulreaver propagandist and can deploy normally, but you can't do anything against events.

Monastery of Helexia. Something you "could" do against events if you really want to.

"Soulreaver" is not the answer to every strong creature or any situation where you will face them. In the worst situation you can't use Soulreaver 'cause you are at 3 res and propagandist is already on the battlefield (well, maybe very rare, but still possible, and i can imagine decks that are trying to go for this), or, MUCH simpler: you don't have it in your hand (i heard that happens sometimes).

We'll see how it plays out, but i'm sceptical.

head-eyes
06-25-2014, 10:01 AM
We'll see how it plays out, but i'm sceptical.

I agree, that creature will promote using rush decks even more. If the effect would be "the first creature opponent plays in a turn costs 1 more", there would actually be a way to deal with the effect in a different way instead of just using a soulreaver/whatever. Also 2 of these on board when you don't have any removal vs. any creature deck = gg. You're forced to deploy weaker creatures vs. opponent's already strong board.

Portios86
06-26-2014, 02:59 AM
I agree, that creature will promote using rush decks even more. If the effect would be "the first creature opponent plays in a turn costs 1 more", there would actually be a way to deal with the effect in a different way instead of just using a soulreaver/whatever. Also 2 of these on board when you don't have any removal vs. any creature deck = gg. You're forced to deploy weaker creatures vs. opponent's already strong board.

As I said before, the ability shouldnīt be stackable, big mistake if they do that, can be too strong against decks without strong removals like haven decks or other sanctuary decks, some stronghold decks too...one is more than enough. I like this design and it suits sanctuary nicely but...careful with strong abilities on creatures, cards like raya or anael win games too easily when the opponent doesnīt play hard removals, because not everybody could play enough removals, mostly haven heroes...

Kimundi
06-26-2014, 10:43 AM
New card revealed by the Spanish community :)

HD artwork

n1zedi
06-26-2014, 12:58 PM

HD artwork

I hope that we will see new deck with Masfar with constructs because OTK is just boring tbh

czwartek22
06-26-2014, 01:44 PM

HD artwork

Thanks for the update Kimmundi!

I've got mixed feelings about this card. Surging Titan is also a 5 cost creature, requires 1 less might, has 1 more retaliation and also has "Shockwave 3". So it's pretty similar. The differences are that ST is a shooter (that being an advantage I guess) and the special ability - we actually trade "Focused Blast 3" for constructs among three top cards going into you hand when playing Masterpiece Titan. So it's not pretty exciting for me (Surging Titan isn't played often, though I think it has potential).

But maybe the key lies in the deck concept - as far as we know there will be some kind of tutoring mechanic embedded in Construct creatures, so we'll see.

BTW, I don't think that Masfar's ability will be ever played honestly, it's just not good.

Portios86
06-26-2014, 02:54 PM
Seems good for a Masfar constructs. I guess the key is drawing cards, since you use your ability to play those big constructs, you arenīt rising stats or drawing cards. It looks interesting, like a garant gate but, hopefuly, better balanced. Iīm missing some bs2 cards, but definitely, Iīd love to try a masfar fatties deck with griffin bane cards.

LQDBrunt
06-26-2014, 02:57 PM
This construct will take the path of many other fat residents of Ashan.
From the pack straight into the Pit :(

zenithale
06-26-2014, 04:41 PM
I will keep my 4 Surging Titans and won't play this new guys. *sad*

Stoneofhelp
06-26-2014, 06:54 PM
the problem with the masterpiece titan as far as I understand the game is that there are no constructs that have a unique impact on the game, they are just mostly big fatties. If someone plays Seria's Legion what do they search for? Banshees! because they have an immediate effect coming into play. If Stronghold had a similar card they would find BS Crushers or Shredders into their hand depending on the situation becasue of the impact they can have on the board, and there are no titans which current do something unique that would need me to want them in my hand. Some decks need certain big creatures like Garant Gate and that work well for a rush, but because all that Masfar's ability does is make you titans cost 1 more resource you cant play them early enough to make the same kind of impact.

Naisutime
06-27-2014, 08:58 AM
I really hope Sanctuary gets more "Comes into play" effects cards.

The fact that the faction literally only has "Outmaneuver" with this many bounce bounce fortunes in standard seem a little counter intuitive.

HighLanderPony
06-27-2014, 10:05 AM
I really hope Sanctuary gets more "Comes into play" effects cards.

The fact that the faction literally only has "Outmaneuver" with this many bounce bounce fortunes in standard seem a little counter intuitive.

They also have Stream Singer at least.

Wikist
06-27-2014, 11:20 PM
http://oi60.tinypic.com/33wlbhe.jpg

Portios86
06-28-2014, 12:21 AM
Donīt like crying, but it seems that haven isnīt allowed to have good cards by themselves or with very easy interaction like boneyard. This card does nothing alone, seems strong if you move/deply and stackable creature, but I guess those creatures are going to be really weak then. Sadly, like some of us said, fissure and the likes, and earth magic, are going to delete haven from the game as long as haven is a building based faction.

How about giving "indestructible" and "canīt be target" to some decent buildings? not good for counterplay I guess, but if buildings are going to put haven again in the competitive meta, how about giving haven some counterplay to fissure and the likes? Again, no "draw a card" ability or zero cost building, not even 1 cost. Seriously, buildings are harder to play than it seems, it creates drawing problems and bad starting hands, I hope we get a building tutor for haven at least...

Anyway, Iīll keep watching all these GB threads, we know almost nothing yet.

We.the.North
06-28-2014, 01:32 AM
it seems that haven isnīt allowed to have good cards by themselves or with very easy interaction like boneyard. This card does nothing alone

This sums perfectly one of the biggest flaw of Haven.

Rush doesn't allow us enough time to setup our "combos" and control will remove key components of the combos resulting in dead cards.

I'm still waiting for a real game changer for Haven. So far, nothing is sweeping me off my feet.

malkorion
06-28-2014, 07:52 AM
Seriously? Garrison? OMG. I'm not going to hold my breath for Haven, that's for sure. :nonchalance:

MoritzBradtke
06-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Okay, that's intresting.... so haven is probably supposed to stay a building themed faction like it has been already introduced in HON... though we dont know everything yet but in the interwiev(which was very cool (: ) was stated that there will be a very cheap building, probably 0 or 1 ressource? that will spawn a soldier or something everytime a human unit is deployed...

so we have this and garrison already, 2 very intresting and strong buildings, honestly i love the idea of buildings and heaven but i have some concerns about this... one of the most important Problems i face while playing with buildings are Cards like soulreaver or sacrificial altar, basicially it will also work with These buildings....
just built a big stack with any of These bulidings? soulreaver, its dead and gone, or bashee, ist the same same Problem why emperators wall isnt playble in top tiers...

i really hope they are Aware of this and sanctified walls arent the answer, if sanctified walls should be supposed to work u had to Change it so only ENEMY cant target your Units its pointless and bad u cant either... but also u had to to low its requirements and costs or anything like this because it just isnt working at 4 Magic and 4 ressource, when u are able to Play it ure dead, if u gave heaven better low Tier Drops this could Change tough and it could be usefull?

now i see the concerns about fissure... its a hard Counter to building decks and immindeantly kills em and its obvious we Need some Kind of protection against this... come on? we are supposed to Play a Combo deck, we should Focus on Cards like healing sister which are useless without buildings, then u want us to put all These buildings in our deck and other Cards like falcon marksman and then the Opponent Plays fissure and wipes out entire board and we are left with nothing ans useless Cards? u cant be serious here?

We NEED something that gives us protection for the buildings, a simple solution: a Card like

Emperator Protector Meele
Req: 5/0/2
Cost: 5
Stats 3/3/7
While Emperator Protector in on the battlefield, ure buldings are indistuctable.

sounds good doesnt it? its not even powerful, but its a Counter, seems very valid to me!

ulpsz
06-28-2014, 01:33 PM
that titan is ultra bad for a RARE...it's not even good for masfar cosntrucs...it needs at least 8 hp for a melee creature for cost 5
oh wait forgot about the super smart philosophy to give blatantley crappy cards to other factions in order to empower the currently underpowered ones...well good work if thet is the case here

and garrison looks not so great...first of all it looks like something that flavourwise is more fit for necro or inferno...

looks to me that the devs have realy run out of creativity

Bazaltovy
06-28-2014, 02:12 PM
1) Masterpiece Titan? Best Titan according to jkkk, the best player in the game at the moment.

2) Garrison? Bonkers.

cucu99
06-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Garrison? Weak?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Everything-You-Know-Is-Wrong-250x364.jpg

Takeiteasy...
06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
1) Masterpiece Titan? Best Titan according to jkkk, the best player in the game at the moment.

2) Garrison? Bonkers.

1. Being oneyed dude in world of blind people does make him a king but still he is only one eyed dude in normal world......so yea best titan out of all other ****ty titans
2. another building. another attempt to make something....well how many buiilding we have already? and what we use? Tents, Boneyards and in open smith. Not a good trackrecord for so many buildings already. They are just gimmicks

End i kinda dont trust VIP to do any proper balance work. Look how good job they did in Hon

jkk89
06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Yea I felt like Masterpiece Titan fits perfectly into the construct deck (few titans and lot of gargoyles, makeshift golems and guardian golems). basically i made such a deck that is very spell fortune heavy and runs lot of small constructs to survive (we have other cards that enable this kind of strategy) so in the beginning I played with Masterpiece Titans because it basically ment for me 1-2 card draw entry effect. The problem with deck of mine was that because of makeshift golem + masterpiece titan + other card unreaveled yet I tend to have 12-15 card hands very early and lack of resource to play all this (we have smt to boost your resource for constructs, but i was not playing with those). So afterall I decided to stick with Surging Titan. I still think that Masterpiece has its potential, but maybe in little different deck than I was playing.

Anyhow - I will play Masfar Titans on thursday, hope U will watch this.

Garrison is very good with 2 stackable Haven units that we have, but there will be more to come.

banduan
06-28-2014, 07:47 PM
It'd be very specific occasions tht would make me play Surging Titan ahead of Masterpiece Titan. The problem of one applies to both, but Masterpiece draws you 0-3 cards... I know which one is the winner.

Naisutime
06-28-2014, 10:22 PM
They also have Stream Singer at least.

I forgot that one.

She only seems situationally useful tho=(

Portios86
06-29-2014, 01:13 AM
Maybe Iīm not the best at analysing a card, but I donīt see any problem with this titan, it seems great for a hero who is activating special ability instead of drawing cards, I mean, a fat guy at cost 5 with very nice body/ability plus that extra ability to draw cards when it comes to the board? isnīt that kind of ability the kind which makes other fatties playable, like the uniques zephirias, anael, danram...?

cucu99
06-29-2014, 01:51 AM
I don't know Titans has too high cost mostly for come to play in the meta. That Titan has come to board ability, but that ability is random that's why i think he isn't that great but i didn't play that many games with construct deck like jkk.

Portios86
06-29-2014, 02:03 AM
I don't know Titans has too high cost mostly for come to play in the meta. That Titan has come to board ability, but that ability is random that's why i think he isn't that great but i didn't play that many games with construct deck like jkk.

They can always lower the cost of some titans or, if thatīs going to affect other decks, tweaking masfarīs ability. Does it cost 1? it could cost 0, and if it cost 0 right now, it could have "the first construct you play, costs one less".

He might be hard to make playable though, maybe with the standard academy cards like rakshasas, arcane shoter, mages... and then using his ability only to play the biggest constructs. Not so funny thouhg, and his magic schools donīt help his early...

cucu99
06-29-2014, 03:45 AM
They can always lower the cost of some titans or, if thatīs going to affect other decks, tweaking masfarīs ability. Does it cost 1? it could cost 0, and if it cost 0 right now, it could have "the first construct you play, costs one less".

He might be hard to make playable though, maybe with the standard academy cards like rakshasas, arcane shoter, mages... and then using his ability only to play the biggest constructs. Not so funny thouhg, and his magic schools donīt help his early...

My hope on fortune construct deck like 2/0(6)/4 or something like that with huge draw power;) If you play it with fortunes still there is an option to play circle of nine and tj combo when you got a board control. The new makeshift golem will helps a lot for sure i think we will see some construct deck with week of the dead. There is some constructs to help against control decks or slowing down rushes like guardian golem gargoyle or obsidian gargoyle. And still we will get new cards what isn't spoilered, i think they will be quite helpful too.

I have a big hope in Masfar for next metagame because the current meta is just killed his honour with otk. He isn't a no brain hero at all and he is playable with huge fun experience. I don't think he will be competitive at the top in the next expansion but he is in right direction and i'm sure he will be played as fun deck a lot.
Still didn't see any masfar deck in open with sentinel+throne combo i'm sad about it i know open isn't played that much nowadays and there is a lot of hakeem mill around what makes that deck unplayable.

I like to see how split academy faction between constructs wizards and beastmans and somewhere they just starting to combo with each other especially wizards and beastmans.

jbS1ash
06-29-2014, 11:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m4Blpw6.jpg

Army of the Dead
Unique Fortune - Ongoing
Banish all creatures from both graveyards and place Tokens skeleton creature - melee shooter 1/0/1 and Stackable for every banished creature.

Translation is not so good.

AlexandrosGray
06-29-2014, 11:25 PM

Army of the Dead
Unique Fortune - Ongoing
Banish all creatures from both graveyards and place Tokens skeleton creature - melee shooter 1/0/1 and Stackable for every banished creature.

This is the absolutely first thing that came to my mind when I saw the card:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5udK-R094

cucu99
06-30-2014, 12:09 AM

Army of the Dead
Unique Fortune - Ongoing

Translation is not so good.

Totally wrong this is outdated card. it was changed since this version

Portios86
06-30-2014, 12:18 AM
It has a reasonable cost/req for seria, which is already strong, but it has drawbacks due to boneyard and banshees in graveyard...

cucu99
06-30-2014, 12:54 AM
So i asked and i allowed to fix the info.

Army of dead will come with this text in expansion.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140630/Army_of_dead_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Portios86
06-30-2014, 01:17 AM
If they are stackable and you can put each one in a different place then itīs great at blocking. Canīt tell you how good or bad it is though :confused:

Could you guys make me happy posting the good haven creature with stackable? :p

Oh...Question: Will avenge the fallen works with human tokens? If so, is that your revenge for those complaining about how useless avenge the fallen is?xD could be fun at least.

cucu99
06-30-2014, 01:33 AM
If they are stackable and you can put each one in a different place then itīs great at blocking. Canīt tell you how good or bad it is though :confused:

Could you guys make me happy posting the good haven creature with stackable? :p

Oh...Question: Will avenge the fallen works with human tokens? If so, is that your revenge for those complaining about how useless avenge the fallen is?xD could be fun at least.

You can place it on different place, and it's very very strong card. Especially because we has only few fortune removal so it's will be free units in every turn.
Maybe we will see Haven with tree of truth everywhere?:o

Avange the fallen will work if you destroy the whole stack only, Not working for every single token.

Portios86
06-30-2014, 02:29 AM
You can place it on different place, and it's very very strong card. Especially because we has only few fortune removal so it's will be free units in every turn.
Maybe we will see Haven with tree of truth everywhere?:o

Avange the fallen will work if you destroy the whole stack only, Not working for every single token.

Very strong then. Hope we donīt need to play tree of truth...so extremely situational, haven players donīt need more dead cards like the 2nd, 3rd or 4th heroic destiny and night of rising moon isnīt free to activate, but perhaps the 1 damage event card.

malkorion
06-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Off topic: Is this still Sveltana in the art work?

About the card: I think that getting two chump blockers every turn is really good. But we will see how it turns out in practice.

bambikitkat
06-30-2014, 07:47 AM
wtf is wrong with the balance team, such a card should never exist in standart, it will be like a turn 4 win against 80% of the creature decks (free wall every turn, i just hope they wont chose where to put the tokens)

only way to play around it is to try to get the opponent running out of space to deploy anything else.

jkk89
06-30-2014, 07:52 AM
wtf is wrong with the balance team, such a card should never exist in standart, it will be like a turn 4 win against 80% of the creature decks (free wall every turn, i just hope they wont chose where to put the tokens)

only way to play around it is to try to get the opponent running out of space to deploy anything else.

We don't have as much liberty as You might think we have. We knew it is strong instantly, we didn't even have to test it. After testers play some games with it it was nerfed a little. We plan to adjust a numbers while we still have time to do so.

bambikitkat
06-30-2014, 08:22 AM
all i can see is the comeback of the rock scissor paper meta that lead me to leave the game 9 months ago ( necro > creatures/early/mid/late > stall > necro).

but well had to be expected when paradise said he wanted this back.

maybe this game isnt for me after all.

Wikist
06-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Off topic: Is this still Sveltana in the art work?

She looks more like Anastasia from M&M HVI.

Cainium
06-30-2014, 09:47 AM
all i can see is the comeback of the rock scissor paper meta that lead me to leave the game 9 months ago ( necro > creatures/early/mid/late > stall > necro).

Yep, it looks like this. They choose the easiest way.... as always. But it is not "that" bad, 'cause with HoN they gave Stronghold and Inferno the tools to win in Mid/Lategame even if a necro deck has board control. Pre BS2 it was like if necro got control they won't be stoppable except by a quick attacker. With Might of the Tribe etc. Stronghold just needs to get a open lane and Inferno with their buildings and Delebs ability can win just by suiciding their creatures.

But for necro... well... that fortune will make Seria even stronger and let her get ahead of other necro heros ('cause they have nothing against ongoing fortunes and not the right starting stats). Sadly... i would like to see more diversity in necro's gameplay. Not the same "reanimate small sh*t until your opponent runs out of possibilities" over and over again. More creatures like Plague Bearer wuold be nice for Arianna, or Vampires for Sveltana which reduce their costs equal to crippling counters and so on.... and what about more Incorporeal with "come into play" effect for Fleshbane? So many possibilities for more diversity and the only thing which comes in mind of the developers is "more summoning of weak sh*t" (don't get me wrong, the fortune is a very good card, but it seems like the same boring necro-gameplay).

S9TF1
06-30-2014, 10:01 AM
Sveltana has white hair, and the lower part of her armor is white too, so she can't be the subject of the art work. Personally, I am conflicted between Seria, of whom we already know the appearence, and, given the title of the upcoming expansion, Anastasia Griffin. I wouldn't be surprised to see other HOMM 6 characters beyond Sveltana.

ulpsz
06-30-2014, 01:05 PM

2) Garrison? Bonkers.

yeah typical you..everything ubi does is awesome for you...

you almost start to sound ridiculous....

what the hell has the fact that he is a good palyer have to do with his sense of balance???

most good players have no idea about balance (they onliy know how to best speculate the metagame - as you call it- they are just good with numbers..

most of them don't even know what all the cards do..

by that logic the devs must be the best players around..

and I did not say those cars were bad..I still have to play them to ascertain that...they just look bad so far

that new unique fortune looks too good to be true...good work there

Aegon82
06-30-2014, 04:31 PM
So are you saying that you are the only one who knows something about balance?
Well, after Gabusan, of course. (Btw, why was he banned for?)

And I think jkk is also one of the people who test new cards before they get released, so he must know something about balance if he is involved in that. At least he should...

Maerwin
06-30-2014, 05:11 PM
2 free blockers every turn. Add Boneyards and Banshees that come with Seria... GL getting through that.

Why did they change it from the original version? It was
1. weaker
2. interesting decision for necro player - keep his graveyard for boneyards or play this card?
3. better flavor - turning dead to your soldiers, instead of making them out of thin air

The only good thing is that it's unique, but when it gets on the field, you better have some AoE spell to get some damage through (cause IS was weak anyway)

malkorion
06-30-2014, 06:21 PM
She looks more like Anastasia from M&M HVI.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1078/anastasia.jpg

you mean her, right?

Wikist
06-30-2014, 07:56 PM
you mean her, right?

Yes. She looks similar.

Portios86
06-30-2014, 08:51 PM
sheīs clearly Anastasia. The cost/requeriments are too low Imo, for seria itīs a really strong unique ongoing fortune which she can always play at turn4, I think it should be harder to play, like sots, light of tomorrow, etc...those strong ongoings have 4 magic requeriment, which means they are coming late, or soon but with weak might 1-2 creatures, but this fortune... you can just play whatever you want and rise your stats as you want, then with 4 resources rise 1 destiny point if you didnīt before, play this staller machine, and play whatever you want in your next turn, the banshee will be played as fast as always.

It has a drawback though, flooding the board with weak creatures could be bad, you can block with them, but you can play your best creatures to put more pressure, it happens to haven in standard with crusader watchmen and elite squire, and it happens to creatures affected with moonsilk strand, sometimes they arenīt useful and by not adding pressure you let the other player get a very solid board. These tokens are melee shoters though, but I canīt say how strong it is if I donīt play it before.

cucu99
06-30-2014, 10:37 PM
2 free blockers every turn. Add Boneyards and Banshees that come with Seria... GL getting through that.

Why did they change it from the original version? It was
1. weaker
2. interesting decision for necro player - keep his graveyard for boneyards or play this card?
3. better flavor - turning dead to your soldiers, instead of making them out of thin air

The only good thing is that it's unique, but when it gets on the field, you better have some AoE spell to get some damage through (cause IS was weak anyway)

It was too strong. just image when you face against 15/0/15 creature after seria played that.

Cainium
07-01-2014, 12:38 AM
First i thought the token summoning comes through new heroes...

Now that there is an ongoing fortune for necro, what about inferno and haven which should spawn tokens according to the dev interview?

Are these cards also ongoing fortunes? And what's their effect if they are? Are we getting more tools to deal with ongoing fortunes besides "price of the void"?

According to the interview Havens fortune gives the effect of summoning a token on every empty building every time you play a human (and there are many humans). Inferno when playing spells (Hello Dhamiria!). But... the interview doesn't state if Inferno spawns only if "friendly" spells are played. What about if it counts for enemy spells too?

What does the other factions get?

If fortunes are getting "that" important, what about new heroes with 0/1/2 or 1/0/2 starting stats?

Kimundi
07-01-2014, 01:16 PM
You already saw them, but I usually post them anyway with the artwork :) I was at ESL One this Week-end.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/armyofthedead.png

HD artwork

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/armyofthedeadartwork.jpg

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/Garrison.png

HD artwork

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/S06/garrisonartwork.jpg

czwartek22
07-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the arts Kimmundi - great as always! Any word yet about the release date and things implemented with the expansion (such as wildcard prices etc.)? The announcing post said mid-July and we approach this date quite quickly...

Aranarth78
07-01-2014, 02:59 PM
These great arts makes me wonder: why cards don't show their artist name when displayed in full size, say, below flavor text ?

Kimundi
07-01-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm asking for those kind of infos already :)

But a lot will be said during Griffin Bane Arena, our show-off stream next thursday :) I'm going to do a post about that ;)

budynzmajonezem
07-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Why doesn't it say Stackable? Is every token creature supposed to be stackable? That's a bit unclear.

malkorion
07-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Why doesn't it say Stackable? Is every token creature supposed to be stackable? That's a bit unclear.

Not everything is going to be stackable. It's a new mechanic for certain cards.

budynzmajonezem
07-01-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm talking about Army of the Dead. If these 1/0/1 tokens aren't stackable, this fortune is just Boneyard x2 - even if it's strong, it's also extremely boring card. And, as someone pointed out, making skeletons out of nothing is not flavourwise, I'd rather see this kind of effect in Haven (something like barracks, making 1/0/1 soldiers), where it's actually needed.

fr33noob
07-02-2014, 12:18 AM
It's unclear to me but does the new unique necro card stack the skeletons?
Potentially looking at a 4/4 skeleton on turn 2 if so? And maybe 6/6 on turn 3 if ignored?

LuziferXYZ
07-02-2014, 01:16 AM
I'm talking about Army of the Dead. If these 1/0/1 tokens aren't stackable, this fortune is just Boneyard x2 - even if it's strong, it's also extremely boring card. And, as someone pointed out, making skeletons out of nothing is not flavourwise, I'd rather see this kind of effect in Haven (something like barracks, making 1/0/1 soldiers), where it's actually needed.
I think they are stackable because jkk89 and cucu99 said things which don't let any other option open (if it is not changed).
Maybe all tokes are stackable or at least most of them and only those which are not have the coresponding words ot them.

ArcaneAzmadi
07-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Not seeing much to get excited about in this expansion so far, apart from Kabuki Propagandist. Army of the Dead is something to panic about because it's exactly the kind of stupid abusable OP rubbish the devs constantly toss out without considering the ramifications, but doesn't exactly thrill me, aside from the fact that it's the game's first ongoing PERMANENT fortune (NOT necessarily a good thing considering how hopeless the balance team have been about dealing with ongoing fortunes). That stupid Titan just goes to show that the balance team still don't understand even the first thing about their own game and the meta they created- or else they weren't even trying to make it good because "every CCG needs bad cards" (go tell Lightmare that, they'll kick your ***).

Hard to get excited about this expansion so far.

head-eyes
07-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Hard to get excited about this expansion so far.

Exactly. Lots of great ideas that won't work because of stupid stuff that makes this game broken atm. I wouldn't be excited about Propagandist either, it just encourages using cheap creatures (read: rush decks) even more, and there's no way of playing around it except for just soul reavering him. It's just so sad to see a game with such great potential & artworks turn to a huge broken mess.

MoritzBradtke
07-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Exactly. Lots of great ideas that won't work because of stupid stuff that makes this game broken atm. I wouldn't be excited about Propagandist either, it just encourages using cheap creatures (read: rush decks) even more, and there's no way of playing around it except fot just soul reavering him. It's just so sad to see a game with such great potential & artworks turn to a huge broken mess.

While i understand this point of view, i woudnt be so negative yet.... yes stackable units doesnt seem good at all and some cards like army of dead also worry myself but we just dont know enough yet...

the question is how strong stackable units are, i guess they are weaker than usual Units, if so that will be a problem because soulreaver and banshe's will Counter em too easily to be worth playing, so to make em still usefull against necropolis we Need something viable against These threats or they have to be as srong as usual Units with the Bonus of being stackable

head-eyes
07-02-2014, 05:14 PM
While i understand this point of view, i woudnt be so negative yet.... yes stackable units doesnt seem good at all and some cards like army of dead also worry myself but we just dont know enough yet...

Believe me, I would love to see this game be balanced and succesful because I just love the concept, arts, mechanics and HoMM setting, I think this is one of the best games I ever played and I got 20 years of gaming experience by now. But everything they revealed so far doesn't seem to change anything that's bad about the game right now, and some things that are going to make it even worse (Propagandist, Army of the Dead IMO). Yeah, there are some awesome ideas (construct decks, breeder decks, etc.) that won't work at all because straight cost-effective removal and borderline broken stuff (Boneyard, Cloudshapers, etc.) will be better no matter what.

dobwen60
07-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Exactly. Lots of great ideas that won't work because of stupid stuff that makes this game broken atm. I wouldn't be excited about Propagandist either, it just encourages using cheap creatures (read: rush decks) even more, and there's no way of playing around it except for just soul reavering him. It's just so sad to see a game with such great potential & artworks turn to a huge broken mess.

Why do people think the Propagandist will encourage rush decks? You pay extra for each creature, therefore the less creatures you play, the less resources you lose to his ability. He's anti-rush. He's a 3 attack power creature that comes with a better version of Week of Austerity, which as an event in Open and before Standard is go to of any anti-rush deck (OTK's, stalls, etc).

Think of it this way, if he's out and I have 7 resources and I play small creatures, I could play two 1res creatures, and one 2res creature and now I'm out of resources. I got 4 resources worth of creatures on the board and wasted 3 resources to the Propagandist. If I play mainly big creatures, I might just have a 5-6 cost guy in my hand which would be a much more efficient use of my resources that turn. The propagandist is going to encourage control (Ariana and Hakeem will love him) or big creatures, not rush decks. Frankly, it's the strongest card they've revealed so far, and if its ability stacks, every Sanctuary deck, will need 4 copies. Even if the ability doesn't stack, the benefit he provides when playing an opponent without Dark Magic is amazing. (It's a shame he's not available for this weekly format).

Bazaltovy
07-02-2014, 06:50 PM
yeah typical you..everything ubi does is awesome for you...

I share my concerns where they are heard, namely during balancing phase. :cool:

And back to balancing vs good player. Jkkk proves to be a jack of all these trades, as well as some other VIP members. Some are better at balancing than meta-shaping, actually.

You and I played some duels, and by reading your posts I have to say that you're mediocre-at-best in both cases. Sorry to say that. I remember our Garant Gate mirror, where you clearly made mistakes or misplays in nearly half of your turns. Not mentioning your rambling about how underpowered Wolf Captain is. An empty bell rings the loudest, they say.

by that logic the devs must be the best players around..

I see no logic. Still, some of the Ubi game balancers are sickly good! (hi achavs!) Without the VIP team, the balancing testers would need a lot of time to balance every single expansion. For this one, we had... 1,5 months? Something around that. With additional help of 15-20 active and veteran players, who actually constantly keep getting better while doing their job.

Coming back to the main topic of your post, that was bashing my opinion on the revealed cards - I'd say that you probably SHOULD believe us when we are saying something, particularly because your knowledge of new interactions and deckbuilding possibilities is not existing. This expansion is quite combo-oriented, so judging a whole puzzle by one of its pieces is totally pointless.

Patience, my dear, or however your second ex was calling you (the fact that I remind you of her still cracks me up). And open your eyes. And see you on the battleground.

____

Oh, Army of the Dead... I don't even know where to start. :D We will probably need to include around 20 cards that deal with Ongoing Fortunes in the expansion coming after Griffin Bane. :D

head-eyes
07-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Why do people think the Propagandist will encourage rush decks? You pay extra for each creature, therefore the less creatures you play, the less resources you lose to his ability. He's anti-rush. He's a 3 attack power creature that comes with a better version of Week of Austerity, which as an event in Open and before Standard is go to of any anti-rush deck (OTK's, stalls, etc).

Because if he's on the board at turn 4 and you got only 1 drop for turn 1, 2, 3 + some spells, you're screwed, you can't play your 4 cost drops on turn 4. That's why you should include more cheaper creatures.

Oh, Army of the Dead... I don't even know where to start. We will probably need to include around 20 cards that deal with Ongoing Fortunes in the expansion coming after Griffin Bane.

If a VIP is saying that an expansion AFTER Griffin Bane will need cards to deal with ongoing fortunes means that Griffin Bane will be dominated by ongoing fortunes without any means to deal with them. If the power level of the ongoing fortunes will be similiar to Army of the Dead, it makes me even more worried by the expansion.

ulpsz
07-02-2014, 11:13 PM
so judging a whole puzzle by one of its pieces is totally pointless.

:D

cant agree with you more...but so far my concerns were not misplaced..things that looked ****ty in the reveeas proved to be ****ty when the expansions appeared

who the hell said that I am a good player...I got a low attention span and I make many mistakes becuse i am quick tempered and I suck with numbers/calculations - I can't even solve a second degree equasion....mediocre is what I would call myself also...plus I don't like to win

but I know this game better than most people here because I play it every day...for allmost 4 hours..and I played EVRY SINGLE CARD ..belive it or not...
some of the best players don't even have all the cards yet to build any deck they want..

well not being a gamer made it hard for me to undersand many things at first ..that is not the case anymore

if I was on the ballancing team tere never would be any stupid inconsistencies , that you can be sure of..and that simpley because I have all the time in the world to go through every single aspect...something that even a payed gamestester would not have the time to do properley

malkorion
07-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Griffin Bane combo-oriented? Prepare for a lot of hate / whine threads following the release.

Also, include answers to ongoing fortunes in Griffin Bane, not the next expansion.

bogi122
07-03-2014, 04:18 PM
11 new Inferno cards:
https://www.duelofchampions.com/en/game/cards

head-eyes
07-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Spellhungry Breeder looks good, but dealing 1 damage to your hero every time opponent plays a spell looks like a pretty big drawback. The new Inferno hero also looks decent, but 1/1/1 and 3 spell schools... Boring; I hoped for some hero with breeder interactions. Other than that, GET HYPE.

(Hype gets hit by Soulreaver and it's gone ;P)

Takeiteasy...
07-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Thanks to UBI employee that uploaded all cards already on official UBI page:

http://imgur.com/a/qttji#gWcXU8B

malkorion
07-03-2014, 07:43 PM
It's a mixed bag really. I like some of the cards, but it's a lackluster expansion.

head-eyes
07-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Everyone gets powerful ongoing fortunes, yet still only Haven has access to decent fortune removal... Just as expected. :F

Atban06
07-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Aaaand Necro is still op :(

LQDBrunt
07-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Aaaand Necro is still op :(

Still? At this moment Necro is op only when you compare it to Haven and Sanctuary, a factions that dont see play at all.
Academy, Stronghold and Inferno are all much better than Necro in standard. In open Necro is practically non-existent.

Bazaltovy
07-03-2014, 08:31 PM
If a VIP is saying that an expansion AFTER Griffin Bane will need cards to deal with ongoing fortunes means that Griffin Bane will be dominated by ongoing fortunes without any means to deal with them. If the power level of the ongoing fortunes will be similiar to Army of the Dead, it makes me even more worried by the expansion.

My comment was partly humorous. Also, there are ways to deal with Fortunes not only in Haven. Yes, they're niche, but we're basically doing the same as during Price of the Void times. A card that was meh saw regular play because meta affected the gameplay in such a way.
A neutral counter to cards like Army of the Dead will be added to Griffin Bane in first hotfix, too. There will be some usage of new data structure to change stuff rapidly.

Not every ongoing Fortune is that superb. Since all the cards are revealed on Imgur... Blackmail has been tested and proved situational. Soulfueled Pyre has nasty requirements. Necro can have troubles versus Immolation decks, I expect more of them to come, either in Academy or Breeder decks (I was testing Immolation Breeder deck so much it had to be nerfed by changing Swelling Breeder :D )... Hot-headed comments are a double-edged sword (or however that idiom goes, lol. Can never remember it) - sometimes they show something that hasn't been paid attention to before, but sometimes hasty judgments don't take under consideration many counterarguments.

I think 2-3 weeks after Griffin Bane changing to Gold everything will be fully shapen. Then I'll be extremely happy to talk.

BuqC
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm not a pro player, but I can not see that announced boost for Sanctuary.

Maerwin
07-03-2014, 11:03 PM
My thoughts on some of the new cards that got my attention:
Blinding Light: Seriously? I thought Soulreaver was already a strong spell and now they print a better version. Eliminates the creature (with the exception of permanent effects like Magic Channel, but who cares), is 3 magic, leaves a battlefield slot blocked, can't ressurect the creature unless you kill it first with Week of the Dead or something

Disintegration is cool, but I don't like the 'every spell school need a kill spell for 4' that I start to see here.

I like Barracks in that I like the 4 Might 2 cost requirement. Gives at least some advantage to going first (not much, but helps). I totally dislike the whole token mechanic, as it seems to make fatties even more obsolete (didn't play with it yet, but free blockers every turn sounds OP in this game)

Sellsword Thug: Yeah, after so many people played Rogue Mercenary, we have an improved version here! Rejoice!

Angel Commander: Like his art, like his numbers, like his ability. Dislike that he will be blocked by a 1/0/1 stackable creature every turn anyway.

Raya: Like just about everything about her! I'm doing a Sanctuary deck on release just to play her.

Bloodscar Goblin: Don't like him, seems like going second gives the player playing him a big advantage (as if we needed that)

Not too excited about the new heroes. The Sanctuary one looks solid as a Dark magic alternative to Noboru

montrealll
07-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Huh, Blinding Light? Seriously? I thought Soulreaver was already a strong spell and now they print a better version. Eliminates the creature (with the exception of permanent effects like Magic Channel, but who cares), is 3 magic, leaves a battlefield slot blocked, can't ressurect the creature unless you kill it first with Week of the Dead or something

You can dispel it or use Focused Mind and attack with unit at least.

banduan
07-04-2014, 03:35 AM
It's a mixed bag really. I like some of the cards, but it's a lackluster expansion.

plenty of good stuff in there in the spell schools.

Not sure what Haven is suppose to be doing but something may crop up. They get a massive boost from Blinding Light anyway.

fr33noob
07-04-2014, 04:13 AM
Ok, good cards i see are...in mostly the spells :D

Lets start with this one:
"Blinding light", jesus. It doesn't kill any monsters but...it does something even better, granted people can run dispells but for those who don't. GG, 1 battle space wasted on enemies side.double stack this spell in one lane, they ether kill the monster themselves or watch you hit face in free lane. Good card with some counter play but...good card.

"creeping darkness"? Cripple ongoing? Need i say more?

"Disintegration", Removal spell, cost of 4? that banishes?

Last but not least my pick of the OP and necessities to deck;
"Ice Meteor", I got cancer just by looking at this card. Basically the equivalent of two geysers. Not only do you get that geyser now you have this too with water school, excellent.

Portios86
07-04-2014, 05:34 AM
Ok, good cards i see are...in mostly the spells :D

Lets start with this one:
"Blinding light", jesus. It doesn't kill any monsters but...it does something even better, granted people can run dispells but for those who don't. GG, 1 battle space wasted on enemies side.double stack this spell in one lane, they ether kill the monster themselves or watch you hit face in free lane. Good card with some counter play but...good card.

"creeping darkness"? Cripple ongoing? Need i say more?

"Disintegration", Removal spell, cost of 4? that banishes?

Last but not least my pick of the OP and necessities to deck;
"Ice Meteor", I got cancer just by looking at this card. Basically the equivalent of two geysers. Not only do you get that geyser now you have this too with water school, excellent.

The ice meteor isnīt that good, sadly. I would like to play akane again at a high level of power but no...ice meteor is relatively easy to play around, not as good as forked lightning or tsunami, but itīs a nice spell ofc. The primal spell desintegration is nice, basically a soulreaver for primal school. It doesnīt "fix" the problem with primal school which was the absolute lack of damage spells, but since we play with more than one school, itīs nice. Now kieran, for example, has a medium cost removal instead of the 6 cost spell, and since he doesnīt have air school, thatīs a good spell for him. If you look at myranda for example, it has a higher requeriment than the 6 damage lightning strike, still better I think, but not sure.

Blindging light... I think people is wrong here. Itīs like a better version of pacifism in mtg, and a great spell which fits perfectly in haven, but not better than soulreaver like some people is saying, not even close. Blinding light has counterplay and doesnīt remove abilities like global effects and other things from, I donīt know, ambush creatures, inferno creatures with "1 damage point to enemy hero", thrall, crimson mages...and so on. But, donīt forget also sacrificial altar, altar of asha, etc... Not a bad spell but I canīt tell you if itīs going to be played with 4 copies or too often, I just donīt know it yet.

Iīd point the new haven shoter with stackable, I donīt know why canīt we have a generic 2/0/4 magic shoter like the new sanctuary shoter. Did they look strong in the stream? I think they can be quite good, but still a weak early for haven, those stackable guys are like playing a fattiest creature in 2 turns, first a half of the cost for a bad creature, then the other half for a decent creature, thatīs all.

Papa_Nurgle
07-04-2014, 06:39 AM
Army of the Dead is something to panic about... it's the game's first ongoing PERMANENT fortune (NOT necessarily a good thing considering how hopeless the balance team have been about dealing with ongoing fortunes).

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this either, Simon has stated that non-permanency is one of the defining elements of fortunes that sets them apart from other game elements. There are very few answers to fortunes because of this decision and it means that now there needs to be more design space allocated to fortune killers.

If fortunes are permanent, they absolutely need some kind of condition that keeps them from being truly permanent. This has been played around with previously, Garden of Ecstasy being the most recognizable example, but not extensively. Immolation has a clause that makes it temporary and encourages clever play and deckbuilding, there is plenty of design space for effects like that on fortunes that would keep them from warping the meta while still feeling distinct.

Something like Army of the Dead could just as easily banish creatures from graveyards until it runs out of targets and retain its functionality but still encourage both players to play around it and the user of Army of the Dead to make different deckbuilding decisions to support it. In its current state it's just an auto include in any Necropolis deck that goes above 2 destiny, and doesn't make the players think or play differently when it shows up. It's another card that comes down and wins the game if your opponent can't answer it effectively, that kind of card just doesn't add anything to the experience of playing the game, it just makes it more automated.

Elindar1
07-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Iīd point the new haven shoter with stackable, I donīt know why canīt we have a generic 2/0/4 magic shoter like the new sanctuary shoter. Did they look strong in the stream? I think they can be quite good, but still a weak early for haven, those stackable guys are like playing a fattiest creature in 2 turns, first a half of the cost for a bad creature, then the other half for a decent creature, thatīs all.
Agree, but the come into play effect and synergy with new buildings look interresting. Same logic as titans decks, you do not loose card advantge as you get more cards in hand. Strategy should be to spam the board early to survive with cheap stacks becoming big then protect them with new angels. Will it work? Don't know yet but things are looking better for Haven :)

Maerwin
07-04-2014, 08:24 AM

Academy today, Sanctuary tomorrow... perhaps one day Haven will get it too. 2/0/4 shooters are apparently a treasure, they can't just give it to everyone at once :D

montrealll
07-04-2014, 08:24 AM
The ice meteor isnīt that good, sadly. I would like to play akane again at a high level of power but no...ice meteor is relatively easy to play around, not as good as forked lightning or tsunami, but itīs a nice spell ofc. .

It will be good in sanctuary deck with outmaneuver.

malkorion
07-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Griffin Bane imgur spoilers (http://imgur.com/a/qttji#gWcXU8B)

I'm not going to comment all of the cards, since most of it is always rubbish. So here we go:

Forked Firebolt - say what you will, this is an efficient burn spell. 4 damage for 3 resources. (I assume you have to target two different creatures) Caught my eye right away.
Collateral Damage - encourages you to play fatties, since your enemy can't just chump block it without getting massive damage. but I dislike creature auras in general.
Sunblaze - a tweaked Sunburst, borderline playable.
Blinding Light - it's no Soulreaver, aye, but I think that it's still a good card for Haven aggro decks. You can shut down a vanilla creature and keep smashing.
Avenging Wings - I don't like creature auras, but this is nuts - your enemy will think twice about attacking your creature. Vulnerable to removal, ofc. But you can always play it smart.
Relocation - I like the effect, but find the 4 Magic requirement too high. 3 would have been enough. But maybe it's justified, since it's 2 spells in 1.
Spell Block - While Counterspell wasn't played in the past, Spell Block can counter more significant spells like Soulreaver.
Disintegration - I like it.
Ice Meteor - obviously, they were going for flavor here, destroying Fire creatures. Ok spell.
War Banner - Coat of Arms, anyone? This is just a massive boost for Tribal decks. Demons come to mind.
Benevolent Angel - like the cost, the effect, and the art
Angel Commander - this guy almost makes Crusader Commander obsolete. His ability at least gives you some value, you can attack with it once. but I'm not sure people would play it with soulreaver prancing around.
Angel Protector - Any creature that has a come into play ability is ok in my book.
Darkflame Fanatic - I like it how this creature punishes other spell schools, and that damage can add up fast for Inferno.
Spider Guard - while some people might say that 4 cost is too much for 2 power, consider the fact that his abilities play into the whole Vampire theme of hunting down weaker creatures.
Rabid Dog - more fuel for Crag Hack.
Sellsword Thug / Mercenary Archer - it's not like Rogue Mercenary was played before.
Raya, Chosen of the Waves - awesome creature for the cost
Hikyu, Chosen of the Flames - constantly applies pressure on the enemy row, and turns your other guys into massive threats.
Hasafah, Chosen of the Shadows - Dark Ward makes this guy more playable, and his effect is just bonkers. Requirements are ok.
Kabuki Seductress - good for slowing the opponent down
Kabuki Sentry - standard 2-drop
Blessed Lake Spirit - I guess it's a lightning rod for enemy damage spells. Could work.
Kabuki Propagandist - If Week of Austerity wasn't annoying enough, here it is on legs. Awesome creature.
Bloodscar Goblin - a control card for Stronghold?
A Tear in the Veil - Obvious question: Will this affect Blackskull Crusher?
Titan Workforce - omg
Hall of Memories - exchange a crappy soldier for an Angel for 0. Yeah. Of course it's unique.
Empowered Spell - I want to see something like this for cards like Altar of Destruction in the future.
Soulfueled Pyre - great finisher. remember The Song of the Lost.
Reanimation - what a wasted opportunity. Should have put a creature card from ANY graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
Army of the Dead - this is just silly. two blockers every turn will get you some CA.
Spoils of War - I guess you gotta have something to encourage Mercenary tribal decks.
Golden Horseshoe - what a hog! compare to Stone of Enlightenment and make up your own mind.
Blackmail - Over time, this can seriously get out of hand.
Dark Lotus Pond - what a way to screw your opponent over.

Nahla 111 (Fire / Prime) - an Academy Garant, pushing for Beastman tribal. We'll see how it turns out.
Slava 111 (Light / Air / Fire) - very aggressive spell schools for a Haven hero.
Jezebeth 111 (Dark / Water / Fire) - an Inferno hero with balanced stats, and an interesting combination of spell schools (Water / Fire) Lots of possibilities here. But is it a guy or a girl? :D
Mother Namtaru 2.0 111 (Prime / Earth / Water) - I've never played with Namtaru, so I can't really comment on this either. Yay for Necro?
Mukao 111 (Dark / Water) - They could have added a better ability for this Sanc hero. I mean... really? Of course you're going to use the second ability anytime you can afford it.
Toghrul 111 (Fire / Earth) - meh, I guess. Spell schools are ok.

The whole bloody enrage/bloodthirst cycle (needs 3 enrage counters to work) - it's too situational
Also, not buying into the Breeder fad.

Not sure what to say about stackable, or anything related to it. I want to wait and see how it works in practice.

tententai
07-04-2014, 08:52 AM
What do you think of Hatching Breeder vs Succubus ?
- more flexible position
- adds a 1/0/1 to chump block or finish of the creature that killed it or any sacrifice shenanigans
- synergy with other breeders
- but no immunity to retaliation
This might be a really strong card, knowing that succubus was already pretty good.

malkorion
07-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Hatching Breeder isn't strictly better than Succubus, but they are both demons, magical. However, the Breeder leaves you with another creature when it dies. Immune to retaliation is important.

Vengyre
07-04-2014, 10:53 AM
My opinions on the cards:
Spells: apart from light and prime, mostly meh. Maybe cheap death is playable. Earth spells are a joke. Fire is bad too. Ice meteor is the single good spell. There are some Johnny spells I'll try to think about, but nothing rly outstanding besides of Ice Meteor (which is really good).
Light:: all spells are from ok to awesome, Sunblaze is decent (while not good, its playable), Avenging light is interesting, and Blinding light is AWESOME, cheaper than soulreaver AND makes problems blocking (with useless creature on field), LOVE this spell.
Prime: Relocation is junk, spell block MIGHT be good, and Desintegration is awesome, 8 damage kills most things anyway so it's almost a banishing soulreaver. But 5 magic req makes it balanced.
Buildings... Vampire ritual altar seems actually pretty good. Cheap effect that will suite vampire decks well. War Banner maybe too high priced but might see play, although in mirrors its a double edged sword.
Big titans seem pretty solid, dunno what would be the best hero to play them - Myranda? Hakeem? Maybe even Akane? Not Masfar for sure.
Haven creatures are pretty solid, Angel Commander for instance looks rly good, good thing his might req is 4.
Dunno what to say about stacking creatures (they can make Hail Storm appear in every deck etc), thats why I'd skip inferno creatures.
Spider Guard is gotta be the staple, trust me. He kills all the common 4-drops that need 4 might, even Tainted Orc dies if this guy attacks first. It's a Lamasu, thats for 1 cost (and still 3 might req, allowing u to get magic early) got 3 abilities, which grant him HIGE advantage in combat, Archlich used to be the best anti-creature 4-drop, now it's this guy (kills even Archlich, even when attacked first). AND he is a vampire. Very good card, would say, the best non-unique card.
Bone Setter looks good too, but heavily meta dependent.
Rabid dog... Crag would use it, but Sea Archer is better. Mercs are funny with new fortune (which crag will never use), but doubt they will be playable at all.
Raya is boring. Make a shanriya priestess (or however that 2-0-4 with freeze and hypnotise called), give it some buffs, get this. Boring. Strong but boring.
How Hikyu IS fun. Sudden area blasting might be very strong.
Hasafah is such an awesome Johnny card. We can give it attack anywhere, buff with Icy Weapon, bring down fat creatures to finish... oh well, I love this card, its only 2-2-7 for 4, but possibilities are insane.
Sanctuary finally got a good 2-drop, and a Lake Spirit looks interesting, if only she wasnt melee. Dunno if Propagandist is any good.
Orcs look very one-minded, and I don't really like the additions, they MIGHT be good overall, but the way it went... I just don't like it.
I hope new event will boost tokens by 1 overall, not by 1 for every token in stack.

Titan Workforce looks very solid, a better version of a LoT for Construct decks, given the fact how hard is to deal with ongoing fortunes.
Hall of Memories is sort of card disadvantage, but potentially makes these 7-drops (forgot how they're named) or Anael playable.
Empovered spell, take this, Massrage haters, now Dhamiria will wipe even better! Alhough dunno if there will be any space for it.
Soulfueled Pyre is a decent finisher, sucks that it only works with maniacs, not demons.
Army of the Dead is a sort of boneyard. Interesting, will it work with so much token boosting stuff?
Golden Horseshoe - Morgan, take this? Oh well, not likely.
Dark Lotus Pond is sort of Garant's Purge, but with Cosmic Realignment. Take this, Masfar.
Bloodscar totem... Maybe a finisher?

Nahla - finally a host for Beastmen decks! Ability is really good, combining Alia and Xorm. Spell schools are good for rushing.
Slava - 3 spell schools, 20 hp. Basically it's cassa that traded 1 fortune for a Fire spell school. IF he has Water instead of Air, he would be awesome, you could make a very fun "Mass rage+Focused Mind" deck, with haven's retaliation it would be awesome. But, it's just a hero to remove SpellCassa completely. Will he be good? Maybe, we'll see.
Jezebeth - now she replaces Spellnatius. And, she can actually do the Mass Rage + Focused Mind combo, but there's not much point for it in inferno deck. Anyway, personally gonna try work around it.
Mother Namtaru - Y U REMOVE DARK. Seriously, why dark for the crappy Earth (not a single good spell in this expansion and very limited spells overall). Doubt she'll be as good as Ariana, Dark is just too good.
Mukau - good spell schools and awesome ability, although Sanctuary needs that kind of ability the least. I think he will make a good spell sanctuary deck.
Toghrul - another choice for an OTK hero. No, please, lets don't talk about his ability.

Papa_Nurgle
07-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Yfw the new sanctuary hero's name is pronounced 'Moo-Cow'.

Also, what's up with the heroes not being named This Guy, Thing of the Stuff?

fr33noob
07-04-2014, 04:41 PM
The ice meteor isnīt that good, sadly. I would like to play akane again at a high level of power but no...ice meteor is relatively easy to play around, not as good as forked lightning or tsunami, but itīs a nice spell ofc. The primal spell desintegration is nice, basically a soulreaver for primal school. It doesnīt "fix" the problem with primal school which was the absolute lack of damage spells, but since we play with more than one school, itīs nice. Now kieran, for example, has a medium cost removal instead of the 6 cost spell, and since he doesnīt have air school, thatīs a good spell for him. If you look at myranda for example, it has a higher requeriment than the 6 damage lightning strike, still better I think, but not sure.

Blindging light... I think people is wrong here. Itīs like a better version of pacifism in mtg, and a great spell which fits perfectly in haven, but not better than soulreaver like some people is saying, not even close. Blinding light has counterplay and doesnīt remove abilities like global effects and other things from, I donīt know, ambush creatures, inferno creatures with "1 damage point to enemy hero", thrall, crimson mages...and so on. But, donīt forget also sacrificial altar, altar of asha, etc... Not a bad spell but I canīt tell you if itīs going to be played with 4 copies or too often, I just donīt know it yet.

I'm one of those players who only plays standard. (so tsunami and all that stuff is irrelevant to me) When i was talking about the ice meteor i was taking into account the hero's who have water and other schools with removal.
That is a lot of removal. card that casts 4 to remove usually but how about two geysers in one card? Perfect. trust me the cost isn't that much of a big deal, especially if you wipe out 3 creatures with it...maybe more.
On top of the geyseir, insect swarm, then there is this. I believe necro has got the earth +water combo in standard this time. Lots of mass removal.

Edit
Am i the only one thinking about Areana and the ongoing spell that CRIPPLES random enimies each turn??? Mix that with her passive...
AHAHA. I wonder if the cape is 4 for those spells ongoing of that same time. Random 4 counters of poison put on mobs each turn.

Then proceed to play the dragon.

malkorion
07-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Yfw the new sanctuary hero's name is pronounced 'Moo-Cow'.

Also, what's up with the heroes not being named This Guy, Thing of the Stuff?

Yeah, I noticed that as well. No more fancy names. Just... [name.]

Alamand
07-05-2014, 02:22 AM
Well, I was considering playing more often, despite my all consuming hatred of daily quests, but Army of the Dead actually being added in it's current state is seriously making me reconsider. It's pretty much everything good about Boneyard x2, and even more impossible to counter than Boneyard already is. I guess our one saving grace is it triggers at the start of turn instead of the end (make Boneyard work that way too please).

I'm also surprised people think Avenging Light is anywhere near playable. Even if it goes of once somehow, it's still worse in every way than word of light which isn't really played much in the first place. The only time I could ever see it maybe played would be some kind of Alia mass rage deck to get a double activation against a stacked lane, but I think it would be too niche even for a deck like that.

I'm also a bit baffled by Bloodscar Goblin, that's exactly the kind of effect Haven needs on a shooter, but they give it to stronghold? really? As if they haven't insulted haven players enough by giving all the good retaliation effects to inferno already, now they're giving them to stronghold too. Just to be clear I think the card itself is terrible, but the effect is desperately needed.

Portios86
07-05-2014, 03:11 AM
Well, I was considering playing more often, despite my all consuming hatred of daily quests, but Army of the Dead actually being added in it's current state is seriously making me reconsider. It's pretty much everything good about Boneyard x2, and even more impossible to counter than Boneyard already is. I guess our one saving grace is it triggers at the start of turn instead of the end (make Boneyard work that way too please).

I'm also surprised people think Avenging Light is anywhere near playable. Even if it goes of once somehow, it's still worse in every way than word of light which isn't really played much in the first place. The only time I could ever see it maybe played would be some kind of Alia mass rage deck to get a double activation against a stacked lane, but I think it would be too niche even for a deck like that.

I'm also a bit baffled by Bloodscar Goblin, that's exactly the kind of effect Haven needs on a shooter, but they give it to stronghold? really? As if they haven't insulted haven players enough by giving all the good retaliation effects to inferno already, now they're giving them to stronghold too. Just to be clear I think the card itself is terrible, but the effect is desperately needed.

because havenīs design philosophy is the gaiest you can find in any tcg. They are giving haven nice cards though, at least I think so...the fact we canīt have the freakin 2/0/4 shoter in haven, and the fact that we have crusader watchmen in standard but not week of trainning, say a lot of how is haven designed. But donīt worry haven will work fine, and the stackable shoter could be even better than the 2/0/4 shoter. I think itīs time to forget about retaliation, it wonīt work, never. Effects like hellfire maniac is what haven needed. Everytime I see that maniac I think (this guy should be and angel or a soldier from wolf faction wearing a spiky armor or whatever). What about lurker in the dark?xD thatīs the most "havenly" card I have seen in the whole game...

it seems that havenīs new philoshopy is to play weak early creatures (some of them gets stronger by stacking) weak mid game creatures with turtling potential or nice abilities (though it can be too situational, we will see how it works...) and late game creatures with nice abilities and better body, but of course not as strong as stronghold/inferno fatties. The problem: If itīs not rush, not combo, not control, what are you playing? mid range isnīt very strong Imo, and control is control...thatīs what they are now (haven/sanc) but it seems they are going to be strong in mid/late against everything but necro and academy, therefore no reason to play haven/sanctuary since necro and academy are there and they beat haven too (and everything else in late game). Thatīs how it looks but I have hopes this time, if I donīt play the new cards I canīt really tell you how bad/good they are...

Mordochero
07-05-2014, 01:04 PM
hmm.... haven pretty rocked in GB
since alia and new haven hero can play benevolent angel + hikyu combo
can you all imagine how OP haven with this combo. just put that cheap 1 drop cant targeted event card on benevolent angel then hikyu become preety imortal no card can counter this combo except broken bridge and 2x arkane warth or 3x insect swarm

d90.Dennis
07-05-2014, 08:45 PM
With the new haven creatures and light and prime spells, will we see Kieran being playable ?

npavcec
07-05-2014, 08:50 PM
The new haven creature mechanics will definitely see some counters with:

http://tools.mmdocking.com/images/cards/s05/large/s05_Cre_Neu_071.jpg

Don't you think?

fr33noob
07-06-2014, 06:12 AM
The new haven creature mechanics will definitely see some counters with:

http://tools.mmdocking.com/images/cards/s05/large/s05_Cre_Neu_071.jpg

Don't you think?

This card will stay UN-used just like the beginning of heart of nightmares and well into the foreseeable future.
Unless you itemize heavily to counter fortune decks, which is like shooting your power in the leg. You stop them searching for fortunes and spells whilst you Limp along through combat. Not to mention, not everyone searches their library like academy.

Who uses this card just out of curiosity?

malkorion
07-06-2014, 07:09 AM
This card will stay UN-used just like the beginning of heart of nightmares and well into the foreseeable future.
Unless you itemize heavily to counter fortune decks, which is like shooting your power in the leg. You stop them searching for fortunes and spells whilst you Limp along through combat. Not to mention, not everyone searches their library like academy.

Who uses this card just out of curiosity?

The problem isn't that this card exists. The problem is that there is no sideboard in the game. Some people will just not understand.

langkymouse2
07-07-2014, 04:37 AM
My impression on the new cards:

Most of the unit cards seem well balanced and really look forward to play new Haven and new sanctuary.

Some outstanding cards:
Jezebeth - seems perfectly tailored to use empower-spell. Geyser, cursed chains, forked firebolt etc all become a lot more potent after +2 dmg. (I'm not aware of any inferno hero that has access to light magic school, which gives empower+word of light combo.)
Angel commander - good card, hope i can draw it.
Spider guard - a bit too strong for a common card. Even with immune to retaliation removed it's still playable..
Mukao - weak hero ability, works only if the enemy has a few cards left in hand, which you can take advantage by knowing them.

Earth magic has the weakest new cards, but its fissure and landslides are maybe a must-have to combat spawning chambers..

Titan cards are too slow, which I hope devs could buff them somehow before the release..