PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused, could someone explain...

UKassassinsfan
06-18-2014, 11:24 PM
I haven't been on the forums much since the around November after black flag so I feel like I've missed something here!

I'm intrigued by unity it looks really good however I've been seeing lots of talk about initiates and helix? And something else than began with an E lol

I always thought initiates was just somewhere for AC fans to fuel their geekiness but I never really looked at it, I've however seen some people talking about it now like it's part of the story now and it's a big thing. Could someone explain all these factions and things I may have missed out on

Thank you :')

MasterAssasin84
06-18-2014, 11:30 PM
I have no idea what Helix actually is ?

Sub Divison of Abstergo ? or maybe the name of a project being conducted by Abstergo ?

Im just taking a wold guess here but yea I'm very intrigued

UKassassinsfan
06-18-2014, 11:36 PM
It just seems like a little too much for me to follow! I absolutely love the games for the best part but I don't really feel I should have to do much research outside the game to explain the game I'm playing! I'm all cool with fan fiction or stories about other assassins eg. The Brahman stuff but there seems to be loads of stuff I don't know just because I don't wanna use my laptop to find out, or is that just me?

pacmanate
06-18-2014, 11:36 PM
ACInitiates is a website where you can do... things, just google acinitiates and take a look around the site

Helix is the name of the new Animus. Some people's theories as well as mine is that this is the home entertainment version of the animus that is now in peoples homes.

As for something beginning with the letter E, I have no idea.

UKassassinsfan
06-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Erudito, I saw that a few times but have no recollection of that anywhere before.
But thanks for that other stuff! Not sure how I'm liking the direction the modern stuff is taking if your theory is correct though!

UniteUnderPower
06-18-2014, 11:46 PM
By something beginning with the letter E; Do you mean Erudito? They're talked about slightly in the games and are believed to be a group of hackers or possibly just one person. They're basically the opposite of Abstergo. You can read about them in more detail here: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Erudito

Initiates seems to be becoming bigger and is believed to be more inputted into the next/future games at a more critical level. You already seem to know what it is, so I won't really explain that in too much detail.

The Helix is theoried to be basically a home entertainment version of the animus, as someone said above. Basically like a game console, but one in which we can see the memories of assassins through. Erudito could possibly hack the console to speak with you and reveal the truth.

UKassassinsfan
06-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Ahhh I see thank you, it sounds very much like we could see a bigger cross with watchdogs, I well imagine we might see some more mechanics from WD.

Definitely looks like the story is going way off from even 2 games ago!

I'm intrigued to see what they provide, the historical parts are normally very satisfying for me but the MD has been very lacklustre in at least the last few games!

Dome500
06-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Initiates is kind of too complicated for me. I don't mind the quests and stuff but considering I do have different accounts for some of my games it is annoying because I can not really connect all of my accounts with my Initiate account, only 1, which makes the complete thing an incomplete experience which is a shame.
Also I think it is very hard for newcomers to get information that way, the AssassinsCreedWiki is way easier.

pacmanate
06-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Initiates is kind of too complicated for me. I don't mind the quests and stuff but considering I do have different accounts for some of my games it is annoying because I can not really connect all of my accounts with my Initiate account, only 1, which makes the complete thing an incomplete experience which is a shame.
Also I think it is very hard for newcomers to get information that way, the AssassinsCreedWiki is way easier.

IMO they are throwing too much in.

For starters Erudito has had less and less of a feature in AC games, it started off interesting.

Now they have thrown in Initiates? Not to mention anyone who doesn't know about the website won't know what it is anyway. I don't like the direction with Initiates at all.