PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Feature Pack + Update Notes

RetiredRonin
06-18-2014, 12:52 PM
It's time for our first Feature Pack which includes a newly designed feature in Trials Fusion! Some of you have guessed at it being the return of Tournaments, and while that is correct, there have been quite a few changes to how this feature works.

What are Tournaments?

Tournaments are set of tracks that are played back to back with faults and time being added together. If you spend 30 seconds and get 1 fault on the first track, then those are added into your tournament score. If you don’t like a run you made on the second (or third/fifth/eighth) track, then you will need to start over from the beginning of the tournament.

How are Tournaments different in Trials Fusion?

Tournaments are no longer static sets of tracks. We will be able to create new tournaments, in new combinations, with different open times, as often as we would like. You’ll still be competing against your friends on the leaderboards, but each tournament is open for a limited time. You could participate in a 3 day Medium tournament consisting of 5 tracks that has prizing for the top 60% of players, or you could get pulled into an Extreme tournament that lasts a few hours and only awards the top 3 places.

What happens when the Tournament timer hits zero?

Make sure you don’t wait until the last minute to play in a tournament! If a tournament’s timer hits zero while you are still playing, then you will be taken back to the tournament’s menu with a DNF for that set (nobody likes to DNF!). Note that your best previous score for the tournament will still count.

How many Tournaments are there?

In order to foster the competitive spirit, three tournaments will be available at any given time, though there should always be a good mix of difficulties so everyone has something challenging that they can enjoy. At the launch of this Feature Pack we will have 30 tournaments that can cycle in and out of play.

What place & prize did I get on a tournament?

You can check out the notification area (left bumper on most consoles or Q on keyboard) and head to the Tournaments section to see your placing and collect your reward. If a tournament is still open, then you can continue to try for better times, as well as see your placing in the Tournaments section in the Ride category.

Do I need to get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd to earn a Tournament prize?

In most cases earning a tournament prize means coming it at a certain percentage of participants, such as the top 50%. In some rare cases a tournament may require you to be in first, second, or third place.

What else is being updated?

We have numerous fixes for Trials Fusion included in this Feature Pack, and we will continue to update features, such as Track Central, in future updates as well. For now, this is the full list of changes;

General Bug Fixes:
• Issues with entering a password containing any type of special characters either in the registration or log-in screen have been fixed.
• The Season Pass check mark indicating successful activation will now show if it was not before.
• Fixed issue where scores were sometimes failing to update to the leaderboard.
• Notifications will no longer disappear from the notification center after going back to the title screen.

Track Central:
• When you mark a track as a favorite in Track Central, your selection will stay on that track.
• After playing a track from Track Central and returning back to the menus, your selection should be on the last track you were playing.
• The Track Central feed “Top Rated This Week” only updates when number of likes or dislikes has changed since the last day.
• Fixed an issue that was making the client occasionally freeze when cancelling the launching of a custom track from Track Central.
• Fixed an issue showing incomplete track lists when sorting tracks by Track Rating in Track Central.
• Number of faults and time counter can now be observed on FMX tracks in Track Central Leaderboards
• Saved searches in Track Central will no longer disappear if a player switches their Xbox Live accounts.
• Top Rated feeds show only tracks released in the last 7 days.
• Newest Beginner and Extreme feeds have been added.

Track Editor:
• When testing a track in the Editor, you can now press the LB or L1 on first checkpoint to skip the countdown.
• A Scroll bar has been added to various segments of the Track Editor
• Fixed an issue where controls became disabled in the editor.
• Fixed various errors causing crashes in the Track Editor

• One of these fixes deals with the complexity bar showing an incorrect total complexity, which could lead to instability in the editor.

FMX:
• FMX tricks that push the rider forward in speed runs no longer will do this.

Menus:
• The local multiplayer menu has been updated to be more usable.
• Zoom controls are no longer active in the Garage when other menus (Notification center, Player quick stats, customization window) are active.
• Users are now able to adjust colors for Light Up The Skies wheel set in the Garage.

PC Specific:
Stability:
• Fixed issues that were causing the client to freeze when closing the game from the in-game editor.
• Fixed an issue that was causing a crash in the in-game editor when using “move building” command on the seed building.
• Fixed random crashes when deleting object from clue group.
• Fixed an issue that was causing a freeze when selecting a track and cancelling before choosing a bike in the garage.
• Fixed a crash when booting the game and having “My Documents” folder on a network drive.
• Game now generates memory dump when crashing that can be sent to the dev team to help to investigate the issue.

Optimizations:
• Garage loading time decreased.
• New options have been added to the graphic settings menu to help user to tweak performances: soft particles, particle resolution, and foliage.
• Different optimizations have been added for low end GPU.

Gameplay:
• Fixed gamepad sticks dead zone issue to make it on par with consoles’ controllers.
• Fixed keyboard controls on FMX, the biker won’t automatically keep doing FMX tricks after one has been performed.
• When reaching the 5th checkpoint in Marina Mania and playing with Eyefinity/Surround resolutions, the camera now behaves properly.

Menus:
• Mouse cursor now disappears when using the gamepad.
• Camera no longer moves automatically in Biker and Rider menus.
• Improved mouse wheel handling in several menus.
• Setting game options to “Ultra” will now persist through subsequent booting.
• Sound settings are now saved properly.

Steam:
• Fixed place holder dialog message appearing when trying to launch the title through Steam after Uplay has been uninstalled.

Editor:
• The mouse cursor no longer moves erratically when selecting objects.
• The distance that an object can be selected with the mouse has been increased.
• The layer menu and create object menu can now be navigated with the mouse.
• Icons now fit in the screen for all resolutions.
• Fixed random crashes when deleting object from clue group.

As always, please leave your feedback and let us know if you notice something that isn't working as you think it should!

RetroManHD
06-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Brilliant! The sun is shining, Fusion gets updated with new features and fixes and I'm stuck in work till 5:30pm... Roll on home time!!!

emcee
06-18-2014, 01:08 PM
One thing missing from this list is the Time Splits, this was something Sebbi said was a big concern so I just wondered if you know when it will be fixed? The tournaments are well implemented, reminds me of SSX.

En0-
06-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Hi Emcee,

Can you precise what you mean by Time Splits? Is it the PC only issue related to the frame rate?

Cheers,

TheRealTeeHill
06-18-2014, 01:11 PM
I noticed that the leader board overview when hovering on a track has been fixed so that my score appears in the middle rather than showing the top 5 of my friends :)

emcee
06-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Hi Emcee,

Can you precise what you mean by Time Splits? Is it the PC only issue related to the frame rate?

Cheers,

Hi En0 there is an issue where time splits only work if you have a ghost turned on. In the other trials games you could have a time split without this. Sebbi addressed this as not working properly and said it was something he would add to the list, just wanted to mention it in case it was forgotten?

SquareToShoot
06-18-2014, 01:18 PM
I don't suppose they've improved the performance on the Xbox One version? Less vsync tearing for example?

NSP_I_VeNoMz
06-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Hello, when are the leaderboards going to get fixed. There are still like 6 people in the top 10 who are glitched which is really annoying and also on every track people still have their coffin runs, if the patch fixed FMXploit then why are the runs still working and also why are the times not removed or sorted out.

uncle_jam
06-18-2014, 01:32 PM
TC is still useless, because the 52 tracks limit for Favorites is still active...

TheBlazeJp
06-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Any word on Tournaments and there implication on global leaderboards?

RedLynxANBA
06-18-2014, 01:42 PM
"FMX:
• FMX tricks that push the rider forward in speed runs no longer will do this."

FIxed! :) we will start clearing lb now

Deagle
06-18-2014, 01:51 PM
"FMX:
• FMX tricks that push the rider forward in speed runs no longer will do this."

FIxed! :) we will start clearing lb now
But coffin trick still pushes bike forward...

Dosto707
06-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Hi En0 there is an issue where time splits only work if you have a ghost turned on. In the other trials games you could have a time split without this. Sebbi addressed this as not working properly and said it was something he would add to the list, just wanted to mention it in case it was forgotten?

Not only is it not fixed, but now the workaround where you could turn the personal best on and then go back to no ghost and it would work doesn't work either anymore...

emcee
06-18-2014, 01:53 PM
People are reporting that coffin trick still works...

It still works but doesn't push the bike forward so you get no time advantage it seems

ZanyWabbit
06-18-2014, 01:54 PM
People are reporting that coffin trick still works...

yep, seen it on a few replays posted today on TC tracks.. just disable coffin trick please lol

KALzzone8
06-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Nice!

Also in the editor, when sharing the track, the thumbnail preview is now fixed. :)

RedLynxANBA
06-18-2014, 01:58 PM
coffin works but it don't give speed boost anymore

ZanyWabbit
06-18-2014, 02:02 PM
coffin works but it don't give speed boost anymore

Sweet :cool: Makes me really crap that I can't beat these coffin hoggers then..

VEGASTRASH
06-18-2014, 02:03 PM
"• Top Rated feeds show only tracks released in the last 7 days."

Doesn't seem so on the ps4. Top rated this week still has tracks from April.
Who is running things there...for real. You're going to make me fly all the way to Finland just to show how TC needs to run.
Then when done with that, wrestle Anba and fly back to the states:)

NSP_I_VeNoMz
06-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Hey ANBA, when can we expect the leaderboards to be cleaned up? Will it happen today?

Also I'm a bit confused as to why the coffin runs still work if the coffin doesn't give speed boost surely the stick movements would be the stick movements of the run with coffin boost, whereas the coffin doesn't do anything anymore so surely the replay would break but it doesn't making me think the coffin can't have been changed in the slightest?

EDIT: Okay so I just did a drop test to see if the rider lands any differently when using coffin and not using coffin. It's the exact same so the coffin is now useless, first good thing, THANK YOU REDLYNX :) just still confused as to why the replays still work when a replay is just a set of control movements that have been saved.

morrillo
06-18-2014, 02:12 PM
TC is still useless, because the 52 tracks limit for Favorites is still active... Staggered this is still not fixed, gutted that all the work we put into the TC thread has pretty much been ignored.

The_McCheshire
06-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Staggered this is still not fixed, gutted that all the work we put into the TC thread has pretty much been ignored.

I understand how your feeling, but dont you think having all of the requests in your thread answered and resolved is being a tad optimistic - I wouldn't expect some AAA developer to have those features covered in one update.

ZanyWabbit
06-18-2014, 02:36 PM
At least now I can now change the colours of the glare on the Light Up The Skies wheels, on a bike I don't use in FMX tracks I don't play.. sweet

En0-
06-18-2014, 02:40 PM

I checked with the team, that's coming in the next update. :)

emcee
06-18-2014, 02:41 PM
I checked with the team, that's coming in the next update. :)

Great thanks for the update En0

morrillo
06-18-2014, 02:42 PM
I understand how your feeling, but dont you think having all of the requests in your thread answered and resolved is being a tad optimistic - I wouldn't expect some AAA developer to have those features covered in one update. You might want to consider the proportion of requests answered/fixed -- approx 5/75... allow me to be disappointed.

Also, the main issues (local storage, 52 favourites, sort searches by any other way than the 2 options we have now etc) were not addressed, otherwise 5/75 would have still pleased me.

To top it all off the servers are still in a woeful state (especially on x360).

En0-
06-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Staggered this is still not fixed, gutted that all the work we put into the TC thread has pretty much been ignored.

We can't fix everything at once. If we wait for to fix everything before release patches, you'll wait for a very long time.
I believe this update improves the game and others are coming.

morrillo
06-18-2014, 02:46 PM
We can't fix everything at once. If we wait for to fix everything before release patches, you'll wait for a very long time.
I believe this update improves the game and others are coming. It absolutely does improve the game, yes. But only 52 favourites? that does indeed prove to be a big issue for so many of us, and we were led to believe it was indeed being fixed. Not yet I guess.

psycad
06-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Using the editor with a mouse & keyboard still is a problem mainly because #1: The moving arrows and rotation circles are still being drawn under objects which can make it impossible to know where to click and #2 The moving arrows or rotation circles are dependent on the object's size (sometimes can be really small)

dasraizer
06-18-2014, 03:30 PM
so its patched and well i have to ask whether you guys at RedLynx even received my bug report :

Case Reference # 01240514
Date Created: 05/05/2014
Platform: XBOX ONE
Game: Trials Fusion
Category: Bug Report

because to me it highlights a fundamental flaw in you memory management code, this bug was inherited from EVO as far as i can tell and i was disappointed to see it in Fusion.
But cool you fixed the terrain texture corruption and the rabbit pedals don't drop off any more and im sure you have done many more fixes.

grrr i was checking performance as it seems to be improved, but now when i have statistics overlay on and then go to testing it simply disappears!! this is a handy feature i have been using quite a lot, as i suspect many other have. meh :/

ok so the LB to skip count down is skipped automatically, no need for the LB hahahaha

Smilies2019
06-18-2014, 04:03 PM
would be nice, if you wanna share on what you are working next.
Like: this is what we working on right now.
This is what u can expect (date)

Just hope it doesnt take 2 months again.

Remember....Mouth to mouth commersial is most inportant thing

NSP_I_VeNoMz
06-18-2014, 04:10 PM
^ Everyone is getting stressed having to guess what is happening. The amount of stuff that is asked and isn't answered.

Redlynx current message: We will be doing this soon

What Redlynx should say: We will start doing this on the 18/06/2014 and will have it done by the 20/06/2014 and have it implemented by the 22/06/2014.

Honestly some of the people who work for Redlynx get paid to do nothing I swear.

VEGASTRASH
06-18-2014, 04:20 PM
^ Everyone is getting stressed having to guess what is happening. The amount of stuff that is asked and isn't answered.

Redlynx current message: We will be doing this soon

What Redlynx should say: We will start doing this on the 18/06/2014 and will have it done by the 20/06/2014 and have it implemented by the 22/06/2014.

Honestly some of the people who work for Redlynx get paid to do nothing I swear.
This isn't true. There is someone who looked over track central and the worst implementation of it on Fusion. He probably makes 100k per year to deliver that. I lose sleep over this at night. I'm not trying to bash individuals and I like most of the RL employees, but the oversight on many area of TC is just wrong....more so, the disregard for 30 pages of possible fixes for TC put up by fans.
Of course, you won't implement most of the fixes, but certain glaring ones.
It's great that the game will be continually improved...but, by the time this is all done, Fusion 2 will be among us.

En0-
06-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Well look like I posted a lot today :) Anba as well, several community developers too..

But it's not because some people say "You have to do that" that it's true and it will happen. We can't spend our time justifying our choices neither

Also we already explained why we were not giving details and dates.

And please all, remember, more aggressive is the feedback, less you'll see developers here communicating openly with you.

I am ready to explain some things, to give insights, to be constructive, but not to fight :)

VEGASTRASH
06-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Well look like I posted a lot today :) Anba as well, several community developers too..

But it's not because some people say "You have to do that" that it's true and it will happen. We can't spend our time justifying our choices neither

Also we already explained why we were not giving details and dates.

And please all, remember, more aggressive is the feedback, less you'll see developers here communicating openly with you.

I am ready to explain some things, to give insights, to be constructive, but not to fight :)
Fair enough. I don't think most here are looking to be argumentative, but the frustration in changing what was an impeccable game comes out some times.

Here's a simple question:
What is the pyrosequencing feature? What happened to the supposed release for today?

I'm sure a few are wondering on this.

En0-
06-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Fair enough. I don't think most here are looking to be argumentative, but the frustration in changing what was an impeccable game comes out some times.

Here's a simple question:
What is the pyrosequencing feature? What happened to the supposed release for today?

I'm sure a few are wondering on this.

The pyrosequence is a hint on what will come next. Pyrosequence is nothing itself, it's just something that says: "Next new thing will appear here later!"
So until yesterday, Pyrosequence was in the "Ride" section. Then, we unveiled Tournaments that is in the "Ride" section.
Since today, Pyrosequence is in the "Garage" section. This means we'll unveiled something (not soon) at this place.

The community is free to interpret and try to find information about what it could be. We read the posts.

Ricochet-II
06-18-2014, 04:37 PM
No issues with what has been changed. I'll check out the tournaments and extreme feeds, so thanks for that.

I'm still waiting for private online multiplayer. If this isn't going to be added, can you let us know?
I just don't want to wait in vain for something that isn't going to happen.

Thanks in advance.

En0-
06-18-2014, 04:53 PM
No issues with what has been changed. I'll check out the tournaments and extreme feeds, so thanks for that.

I'm still waiting for private online multiplayer. If this isn't going to be added, can you let us know?
I just don't want to wait in vain for something that isn't going to happen.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Yes, we'll add some online multiplayer, with a private mode. We can't give any date. We're working on it, but we want to release it only when that will have the right level of quality.

Cheers,

morrillo
06-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Could a dev explain why we cannot have local management of tracks downloaded to our consoles, like on Evo? This question has never been answered, and with servers issues entering their fourth week since Watch_Dogs release, it would at least allow us to play something independent of Ubisoft servers. Thanks.

Zzzlol94
06-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Tournament is definitely a nice addition, should pop on 360 and do it there too. Speaking of which, "1 Player" please, lol. Also the timer stays on the screen for a while after you exit tournament. Not that many issues with the update on PC yet. Still would like to have the time splits on checkpoints towards PB with ghosts turned off any time soon.

En0-
06-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Could a dev explain why we cannot have local management of tracks downloaded to our consoles, like on Evo? This question has never been answered, and with servers issues entering their fourth week since Watch_Dogs release, it would at least allow us to play something independent of Ubisoft servers. Thanks.

Hello Morillo,

We'll probably bring the local management back at some point, no date though.
For the server issues, I can't communicate, I am not close enough of this problem. I'll try to get information.

Cheers,

geordiedeviant
06-18-2014, 05:24 PM
The pyrosequence is a hint on what will come next. Pyrosequence is nothing itself, it's just something that says: "Next new thing will appear here later!"
So until yesterday, Pyrosequence was in the "Ride" section. Then, we unveiled Tournaments that is in the "Ride" section.
Since today, Pyrosequence is in the "Garage" section. This means we'll unveiled something (not soon) at this place.

The community is free to interpret and try to find information about what it could be. We read the posts.
YES! New bikes beginning with the letter D??? :p
We do appreciate the communication En0-. Thanks for your continued activity on the forums.

Ricochet-II
06-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Hello,

Yes, we'll add some online multiplayer, with a private mode. We can't give any date. We're working on it, but we want to release it only when that will have the right level of quality.

Cheers,

Thanks for the confirmation. The game just isn't the same for me if I can't enjoy it with friends. Looking forward to it! :)

RetiredRonin
06-18-2014, 05:28 PM
When tracks are not saved locally, it gives a chance to not worry about removing tracks when you hit a limit (something that everyone seemed to hate), but it DOES mean that tracks don't stay on your device for indefinite amounts of time. We have discussed local track management, but there haven't been any final decisions made.

We ARE going to remove the 52 track per feed limit, and there are other things that have been asked for that are being worked on right now, but we don't have dates to give.

It's easy to sit back and say "This is what they should do", but it's far more difficult to actually make those decisions. Which is more detrimental to your community, saying "We'll have info soon" or saying "We'll have this done by this day" and then miss that release?

This is just a rude statement. Honestly, when was the last time you spent the day with someone from RedLynx that you would feel comfortable in saying this?

booped
06-18-2014, 05:32 PM
There does seem to be a disconnect between how redlynx see the priorities and how the community as a whole see them.

ZanyWabbit
06-18-2014, 05:36 PM

We all have frustrations but that's a bit harsh dude..

RetiredRonin
06-18-2014, 05:46 PM
There does seem to be a disconnect between how redlynx see the priorities and how the community as a whole see them.
I don't want this to offend anyone, and I hope it is read correctly, but the forum community is a very small section of the Trials fanbase, and what you guys want isn't in sync with what most Trials players want.

Most of the forum members want Track Central improvements & MP, and we are working on that, but most of the players who interact with us from outside of the forums don't care about Track Central, as they can already download and play tracks. Those people want MP & DLC, specifically DLC tracks. Our devs pushed over 45 fixes in the latest patch. Maybe that doesn't seem like anything to anyone else, but that is over 45 things that are mostly based on fan feedback.

geordiedeviant
06-18-2014, 05:59 PM
When tracks are not saved locally, it gives a chance to not worry about removing tracks when you hit a limit (something that everyone seemed to hate), but it DOES mean that tracks don't stay on your device for indefinite amounts of time. We have discussed local track management, but there haven't been any final decisions made.

We ARE going to remove the 52 track per feed limit, and there are other things that have been asked for that are being worked on right now, but we don't have dates to give.

Because the service currently relies on the Ubi servers working (which if we are all honest don't exactly have a good record of 100% up time.) It would be very beneficial for the game and community as a whole to allow the downloading and offline play of tracks. Just remove the limit on how many we can download and let us run wild and play the tracks even if the servers are down. That I hope is being discussed at RL towers.

shakeyclaret
06-18-2014, 06:14 PM
I just played a tournament and got a time that put me in the top 10, very happy till it wouldn't connect to the servers. Im not doing it again lol. This is why I see time limits on tournaments not working.
You can fix everything in the game but it all comes down to connecting with the servers which in their current state im sorry to say is awful.

Gangly_
06-18-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't want this to offend anyone, and I hope it is read correctly, but the forum community is a very small section of the Trials fanbase, and what you guys want isn't in sync with what most Trials players want.

Most of the forum members want Track Central improvements & MP, and we are working on that, but most of the players who interact with us from outside of the forums don't care about Track Central, as they can already download and play tracks. Those people want MP & DLC, specifically DLC tracks. Our devs pushed over 45 fixes in the latest patch. Maybe that doesn't seem like anything to anyone else, but that is over 45 things that are mostly based on fan feedback.

Yup we're obviously the guys that are out of touch... this silent majority you're talking about wont even be playing the game in a years time, yet you consider them to be the real community.

RetiredRonin
06-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Yup we're obviously the guys that are out of touch...
That's not what I said, I said that you want different things.

this silent majority you're talking about wont even be playing the game in a years time, yet you consider them to be the real community.
Those "silent" people are in no way silent. You can see this for yourself by checking out our Facebook and Twitter channels. You also completely skipped over the fact that I said we ARE working on things that you guys want, and that most of the things in the patch were based on feedback from the forums.

KALzzone8
06-18-2014, 06:32 PM

I get what you're saying and I perfectly understand that you want to pleasure the mass of gamers. But, at the state of the current Trials franchise, it's very close to you to lose majority of the "core" fan base by preferring casual players over us, hardcore players. It's the fact that a huge part of quality custom tracks are created by forumers and hardcore players. And the other fact is, while Trials itself has been a great game series, without the custom tracks, it never would have get this much of a popularity in the gaming industry. The hardcore fans and the custom tracks are the biggest reason why previous Trials installments are still played up to this day. I hope that RedLynx would think about what the game series is going on. With these kind of decision you have made Trials will become another Happy Wheels.

The franchise can still be "saved". These are hard times for RedLynx and I hope you can find the right choices to bring this series where it was with Evolution.

Edit: To clarify, I like the changes you made to TC, but as many has said, there are so much "missed opportunities" with fixes.. (Local management as of the biggest)

FrozenWaterfall
06-18-2014, 06:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nM5yXos.jpg

booped
06-18-2014, 06:46 PM
I agree with kal, there are a great number of people on this forum that are effectively trials experts and have added value to the trials brand by the tracks they have built and time they have spent playing and promoting trails.

I think it would be costly not to use and value this ever decreasing resource.

EmptyBottle4
06-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Those people want MP & DLC, specifically DLC tracks. .

Are you sure?
I'm at Twitter, Facebook, Twitch and Youtube too and i see way more people who wants MP instead of DLC's.
There is a little German-Youtuber who ask the German community to write "#IchWillEinenMultiplayerFürTrialsFusion" (#iwantamultiplayerinfusion) in the comments.
/watch?v=uzOowiP7kkk
~3.000 comments.
Sure its not that much, but right now i can't find something similar for DLC's...

Doesn't matter. I want both.
But i can't find something similar for tournaments...

GanajaD
06-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Great job on the fixes and implements guys! Much appreciated. :)

You guys are doing a great job, 45 fixes are quite a lot to put into one patch.
Thanks for the info on the patch Shifty, thanks Devs for fixing the game more.

I really, really like Trials Fusion and can't wait for it to be completely, perfectly functional.

Keep up the good work guys!

FrozenWaterfall
06-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Well said GanajaD. Agree completely.

GusVish
06-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Now i gotta learn how to play without the coffin trick. oh well... one thing that was really bothering me, like emcee pointed out, was the buggy time splitters (red/green times) and the lack of private mp, especially for testing purposes. we'll have to wait and see if that's ever coming on the next patches...

PS.: I had forgotten how awful this ubi forums are... had to log in with an ancient account i dont use anymore and i can't change my stupid tag ffs.

morrillo
06-18-2014, 08:15 PM

I think that the 1000 track limit we had before (IF it even exists now) was FAR better than not being able to play any customs when Ubi servers go down/play up...everybody I speak to wants local management or at least the OPTION of this (i.e. favourites only downloaded).

As for the 52 track limit, this again seems a massive issue for all I speak to, and I am glad you are fixing it, but for it to be so low on your priority list makes me sad.

Thanks for your response however Shifty.

Hairy Cabbage
06-18-2014, 10:21 PM
If there's anything that I have learned from viewing these forums during the release of trials and again right now with the release of the first patch, it is that you guys (Redlynx) need to be FAR more transparent about what you guys are working on. Instead of pushing everyone away by withholding everything until release you should be embracing the wonderful people within the community who are more than happy to tell you what they want. After all, they are the people who are playing your game and paying for it.

As for the patch, I would be lying is a said I wasn't slightly disappointed with it. I mean essentially all you have given us is the ability to play multiple tracks in a row... something which arguably should have been in the game from release (even with the apparent new features). I do however like the addition of the 2 new feeds on track central, but was surprised to see A LOT of other ESSENTIAL TC updates were missing (search by tag, 52 limit etc.).

Well, that's how I feel.

KaliniuS
06-18-2014, 10:51 PM
RedLynx - "We've just released Feature Pack 1!"

Me - "There's one new feature (tournaments), a bunch of bug fixes and minor tweaks. Maybe the word 'Pack' should be removed from the update description."

Thank you, RedLynx for updating a game two months later to reflect how it should have been at launch. But like morillo said, the 52 track limit in the feeds is still incredibly bothersome.

YeahimAwesome
06-19-2014, 01:20 AM
Nice job on fixing all that stuff, thanks.
There's still a lot more work to do to get this game up to par, so don't spend too much time patting yourselves on the back.

Torphid
06-19-2014, 01:44 AM
It's a nice boost for sure. I'm thankful for that. But this 52 favorite limit has to go and I'm glad you guys are actually working on it.
Let's just hope "soon" actually mean soon from now on. :)

YeahimAwesome
06-19-2014, 01:54 AM
If there's anything that I have learned from viewing these forums during the release of trials and again right now with the release of the first patch, it is that you guys (Redlynx) need to be FAR more transparent about what you guys are working on. Instead of pushing everyone away by withholding everything until release you should be embracing the wonderful people within the community who are more than happy to tell you what they want. After all, they are the people who are playing your game and paying for it.
You would have enjoyed reading the forums before they sold out to Ubisoft. The devs used to be very in touch with the community, they would post often and listen to our opinions.
That's where a lot of the resentment for RL/Fusion comes from I believe, I know mine does.

Now days, the people that give 'official' statement and enforce the rules around here are former regular posters just like us that got hired by RL..
So personally, it's hard for me to take them seriously. (This applies to the old RL forum more than this new garbage forum, but applies to both.)

Sadly with Fusion/Frontier, I think we are entering the "name milking" stage that video games go through where they just put their name on the cover, and count the money with a giant grin on their face.

jook13
06-19-2014, 01:55 AM
Thanks for still working on the game redlynx, all improvements are welcome and appreciated.

I do however have two very strong reccomendations...

1. Next time, just delay the game if its not ready. Some will surely complain about the wait, but most will appreciate it in the long run. Leaving out basic and key features like Multiplayer and freakin tournaments is bad juju...

2. Drop this stupid Uplay garbage... nobody wants it.

Smilies2019
06-19-2014, 04:57 AM
1. Next time, just delay the game if its not ready. Some will surely complain about the wait, but most will appreciate it in the long run. Leaving out basic and key features like Multiplayer and freakin tournaments is bad juju...

Sometimes I find another world inside my mind
When I realise the crazy things we do
It makes me feel ashamed to be alive
It makes me wanna run away and hide

It's all about the money
It's all about the dum dum didudumdum
I don't think it's funny
to see us fade away
It's all about the money
And I think we got it all wrong anyway

We find strange ways of showing them how much we really care
when in fact we just don't seem to care at all
This pretty world is getting out of hand
So tell me how we fail to understand

It's all about the money
All about the dum dum didudumdum
I don't think it's funny
to see us fade away
It's all about the money
And I think we got it all wrong anyway
Anyway

Cause it's all about the money

ZanyWabbit
06-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Dirty cash I want you
Dirty Cash I need you woooo

CrackinNecks
06-19-2014, 02:35 PM
I have a complaint about the timings of the tournament rotations. The feature was launched with three different tournaments, one with about 14 hours limit, one with 3 days limit and one with 5 days limit. I find this absolutely useless. I feel like the rotation should last from 1-2 days because it doesn't make any sense that a medium difficulty tournament has a 5 day limit while the extreme one lasted only for 14 hours. I only got to play it for 30 minutes! On the PC, only 90 people got to complete this event. You do see how this system sucks? It is unfair that the whole event starts and is over because of me sleeping during the night. So I seriously believe that you should keep it at minimum 1 day limit rather than 12-14 hours while the maximum limit could be 2 days.

PrOxAnto
06-19-2014, 03:32 PM
What I would like to know why PB's made on tournaments dont count towards my actual PB on that track, I improved Turbine Terror by 1 second in the Tournament, but the PB didnt count.

RetiredRonin
06-19-2014, 04:34 PM
You would have enjoyed reading the forums before they sold out to Ubisoft. The devs used to be very in touch with the community, they would post often and listen to our opinions.
That's where a lot of the resentment for RL/Fusion comes from I believe, I know mine does.
We still listen to opinions and feedback, listening and being able to implement each suggested change is impossible, and some of the suggestions just do not work with the vision of the game. Just because people don't respond (because they are actually really busy) doesn't mean that they don't see it. ANBA especially. But when some of the guys from the studio go out of their way to do something a little bit different, and a little bit fun, during their off hours, for the love of their game and community, they get demolished by people demanding that they need to spend their time fixing things that they are working on while they are at work. (The JJ on fire video)

So yeah, some of the devs don't post much anymore. Part of it is that they are crazy busy, and part of it might be that they don't want to get "yelled at" when they do post, as En0- has also pointed out. If your job doesn't include forum interaction, and every time you post people say "why are you posting when you should do this?", then you will likely quit posting.

Now days, the people that give 'official' statement and enforce the rules around here are former regular posters just like us that got hired by RL..
So personally, it's hard for me to take them seriously. (This applies to the old RL forum more than this new garbage forum, but applies to both.)
Shogun, JJ, DJ, Infl1ctor, Mutetus... and more... all of us were "former regular posters" and fans of Trials before we started working at RedLynx. But that's the point. We now work for RedLynx, and in the case of Shogun and myself, we handle a lot of the official communications and enforce rules. This should make us be taken a bit MORE seriously, as you guys KNOW that we are also passionate about this series.

morrillo
06-19-2014, 04:58 PM
1. One or two of the same tournaments are coming round again today that we saw yesterday, are you guys aware of this?

2. The coffin exploit appears to have been patched so it doesn't give you a boost, BUT you can still coffin. How will you fix the LBs then? How does one tell the difference between an old and new coffin run???

RetiredRonin
06-19-2014, 05:18 PM
There are around 30 different tournaments, and they are selected randomly on each platform. PS4 may have different live tournies than PC, and Xbox One and 360 could be completely different from the others. That being said, I don't think we should already be seeing the same tournies being listed. I'll see what the guys say about this, but as tomorrow is a holiday in Finland, I don't expect a response until Monday.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Mandrake2007
06-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Is the "prize" for Tournaments added to single player experience?

Is the single player experience still capped at level 100?

If so there is no incentive for me to play Tournaments since any experience gained is lost to the ether!

RetiredRonin
06-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Is the "prize" for Tournaments added to single player experience?

Is the single player experience still capped at level 100?

If so there is no incentive for me to play Tournaments since any experience gained is lost to the ether!

I am relatively sure it is added to MP and not SP.

BabaOhReally
06-19-2014, 08:37 PM
What I would like to know why PB's made on tournaments dont count towards my actual PB on that track, I improved Turbine Terror by 1 second in the Tournament, but the PB didnt count.

I second that, it would be really great to be able to try for platinums at the same time as you're competing in the tournaments.

I love the tournaments by the way. I do miss a "Restart tournament" option from the pause menu though. Pretty much a first world problem, but having to exit the torunament and restart from the menus kills the flow somewhat.

Great work with the patch!

xDEAD_EXITx
06-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Thank you for fixing the 3 sec. countdown when testing in the editor.
It just hurts a little that now my tracks complexity is full & i cant finish it without deleting alot of stuff.
Stability vs. not being to upload is a no brainer tho. :)

Deagle
06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
1. One or two of the same tournaments are coming round again today that we saw yesterday, are you guys aware of this?
I can confirm that it is the same issue on PC too. Only two 14 hours tournaments...

RetiredRonin
06-19-2014, 11:38 PM
I can confirm that it is the same issue on PC too. Only two 14 hours tournaments...
Thanks for the confirmation, Deagle. I'll go ahead and send that message today to make sure they see it early on Monday.

Please, let us know if you have more feedback regarding the Tournaments (tracks, exp, difficulty level, "payout") as we are constantly looking at them and we are able to change them up some. Are there tournaments that last too long? Some that don't last long enough? We put these together from our point of view, so seeing what the dedicated players feel about them would be great.

NSP_I_VeNoMz
06-20-2014, 01:39 AM
Hey Shifty, thanks for trying to improve the tournaments, firstly, when will any of the suggestions get updated? Will it be in the feature/content pack #2 or will it be done next week?

Some improvements can be to make the tournaments not last over 2 or 3 days, having them last for 6 days (I believe the first one on Xbox 360 started at 6 days, is a bit too long, leaving a lot less tournaments to play (only 2 of them) after you've played that one. Also I think there should be more than 30 tournaments, if you want I can come up with 70 more and add in the % for the prizes and the xp rewards, wouldn't take more than 30 mins to do 70 of them.

Another improvement is that I think I saw someone say there is a tournament with just Inferno 4 in, this is kinda silly as it's not a tournament if there isn't more than 1 track.

EDIT, one last improvement, there doesn't seem to be any sort of order for the tournaments. From what i can remember on day one it was like:

Tournament on the left: Extreme, 12 h remaining

Tournament in the middle: Beginner: 5 d 16 h remaining

Tournament on the left: Medium: 2d 16 h remaining

Surely there should be some sort of order going from the left to the right whether it be based on the difficulty or on the time remaining. Time remaining is probably best because it's priority when it comes to those tournaments.

stllbreathnbdy
06-20-2014, 05:12 AM
Please, let us know if you have more feedback regarding the Tournaments (tracks, exp, difficulty level, "payout") as we are constantly looking at them and we are able to change them up some. Are there tournaments that last too long? Some that don't last long enough? We put these together from our point of view, so seeing what the dedicated players feel about them would be great.

Glad to hear it. My opinion is, no tournaments should be longer than 2 days. I like it between 12h and 2 days. New tournament action cycling in all the time is more fun than playing three tournaments, placing in the top 10%(easily), then having to wait 3-5 days for them to end.

I guess there could be a trade off though, not having a lot of time to gather entrants. Though I think short tournaments can encourage players to come back and play more frequently to get in on the action. So it might work itself out.

xJokerr
06-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Along with the regular leaderboards that go away once the tournament is over, there should be a separate leaderboard to show who has the fastest times ever on the tournament.

stllbreathnbdy
06-20-2014, 05:58 PM
Glad to hear it. My opinion is, no tournaments should be longer than 2 days. I like it between 12h and 2 days. New tournament action cycling in all the time is more fun than playing three tournaments, placing in the top 10%(easily), then having to wait 3-5 days for them to end.

I guess there could be a trade off though, not having a lot of time to gather entrants. Though I think short tournaments can encourage players to come back and play more frequently to get in on the action. So it might work itself out.

It might actually be better to have 4 or maybe 5 tournaments active at a time.

-a fast one 6 hours
-one 12 hours
-daily 24 hours
-Then longer ones 2 or 3 days
-And 5 days

Sounds exciting, yes?

BiG_SH0T_ROB
06-20-2014, 06:57 PM

My tournament suggestions:

Every tournament should be 12 hour time limit max.
No need to have super long lasting tournaments, you snooze you lose, tough luck.
You will get your shot again when the tournament you missed out on returns.
The tournaments last way too long now with the way its set up at the moment.
Im sure a big majority of the fusion players would be very happy to have a fast,
continuous cycle of dynamic tournament content. Please consider this suggestion guys :)

Other suggestions:

More variety in difficulty. For example:

One beginner/easy/medium track tournament.

One medium/hard track tournament.

One hard/extreme track tournament.

Tournaments should have a minimum of four tracks in them.

Put up 5 tournaments instead of 3.
Maybe have 3 with short time limits and the other 2 can last a bit longer?

i dont know about rewards at this point.
Xp seems useless for now so i guess its more about bragging rights.
You could up the LB percentage you need to get a reward though.
Make it Top 5% rather than top 10% for the top price.
This will increase competition across the board.

Maybe a leaderboard for overall tournament wins?

And if you could find a way to give us a couple classic tourneys
where you can earn global leaderboard points, that would be very appreciated.

stllbreathnbdy
06-20-2014, 10:11 PM
I think it would be cool to have limited attempt tournaments as well (ex:5 or 10 attempts)

LadderStyle
06-20-2014, 10:33 PM
I think it would be cool to have limited attempt tournaments as well (ex:5 or 10 attempts)

I like this

TheeDesecrator
06-21-2014, 01:44 AM
It might actually be better to have 4 or maybe 5 tournaments active at a time.

-a fast one 6 hours
-one 12 hours
-daily 24 hours
-Then longer ones 2 or 3 days
-And 5 days

Sounds exciting, yes?

I would like to see something like this. Eno said in the News section they are looking for feedback and ideas before this goes full swing. Shifty as well in this thread.

I like the feature and look forward to seeing how it's built on. Nice job, RedLynx.

geordiedeviant
06-21-2014, 01:56 AM
Did I imagine it somewhere that we were maybe going to get community tournaments which you could set up yourself, then invite buddies/other riders to come play and compete?
I'd like to see that on TC or somewhere front end. Most played/popular custom tournament created by the community.

PS - Possibly containing custom tracks too if they stick with the downloading tracks and no local management option.

attila-999
06-21-2014, 07:20 AM
Finally, communication, thank you guys Redlynx
it is better to communicate, in order not to let our imagination "too broke"
that put us upside , you and us!

Psyhodelik
06-21-2014, 10:10 AM
You think you can make the possibility to have a list form of our favorite track or friend list ?? and alphabet order ?? Because it's really painfull to find a track in that form of use...

Good luck for your work

ZanyWabbit
06-21-2014, 01:54 PM

Great idea.. have max of 3 attempts.. make or break.. more I think about it more it's a genius idea..

geordiedeviant
06-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Great idea.. have max of 3 attempts.. make or break.. more I think about it more it's a genius idea..

No. They'll do another Endurance tournament with achievement attached that took me a year to do. :p

NSP_I_VeNoMz
06-23-2014, 02:26 PM
When can we expect the glitched scores on global and the coffin runs to be fixed?

RetiredRonin
06-25-2014, 02:03 PM
When can we expect the glitched scores on global and the coffin runs to be fixed?

We've already started the process.

TheeDesecrator
06-28-2014, 01:03 PM
I see some negativity towards these tournaments. I do not share this view, but sort of get it. I think you did a fine job with this. I like the rotation and incentives (though, more anticipating future incentives that are not XP). Especially now that I'm seeing a little variety, I'm really liking it. I barely touched tournaments in HD and Evo, so now I think I've already spent more time on these tournaments than HD and Evo combined.

I know it's not the ground-breaking feature everyone wants (including myself), but I'm liking it. Nice job.

morrillo
06-28-2014, 01:55 PM
The three main complaints I hear are
1-prizes right now are just XP so people are not inspired to play;
2-the tournaments are repeating themselves far too often (I have witnessed this on all 3 consoles);
3-people really want the old format of tournaments back in addition to this interesting new style.
The new tournaments are a good addition overall, but their potential needs developing more.

Sandholm
06-29-2014, 08:05 AM
We've already started the process.

This is true. but how can it take 2 months to recalculate 5 scores on xbox 360, 1 or 2 on xbox one. I just don't get it. the glitched scores should have been fixed before you made the ''crossplatform site'' public..

Lost In Vermont
06-29-2014, 05:46 PM
This is true. but how can it take 2 months to recalculate 5 scores on xbox 360, 1 or 2 on xbox one. I just don't get it. the glitched scores should have been fixed before you made the ''crossplatform site'' public..

A long time, I'm still waiting for my score to be corrected, my global score sits higher than any of my individual track records, and I even stated that I'd be fine with my entire score being reset wich wouldn't take any time at all. (sigh)

Carmine9437
06-29-2014, 09:47 PM
I think the old tournaments should be brought back that effect global score, as well as keeping the current tournament mode. I liked the old process of playing a tournament and improving to have the best time forever, rather than just a day or so. There is also a lack of TYM to really test the riders.

In terms of improvements I think tournaments shouldn't last more than 36 hours. Because this is an international game that would give everyone everywhere a chance to run it at least once. Limited runs also sounds fun. But make sure it's limited first track starts rather than completions, or it could be abused.

En0-
07-02-2014, 05:44 AM
Not sure everyone saw this thread, so linking it here as well: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/896494-Some-Changes-Coming-To-Tournaments?p=10077696#post10077696

IxKILLxZOMBIES
07-03-2014, 05:51 PM
ok a tournament on 360 that had 4 days left about 12hrs ago has gone and replaced with one that crashes my xbox every time i try to play it oh and the name of the tourny is massive crash Kappa

RetiredRonin
07-03-2014, 05:53 PM
ok a tournament on 360 that had 4 days left about 12hrs ago has gone and replaced with one that crashes my xbox every time i try to play it oh and the name of the tourny is massive crash Kappa

Hey Zombies, thanks for letting us know. Are the other tournaments working for you?

NightwingNL
07-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Am I the only one who's a bit annoyed at so many tournaments having extreme tracks in them?
It kills all my drive to try and get a good run going because I am too inconsistent at extreme tracks to get 0 faults
I was so excited to see 2 new tournaments on 360 today, only to find out they both had extreme tracks in them. :(

I know we haven't seen all the different tournaments yet but most of the ones we've seen so far had extreme tracks in them.
I really hope some medium/hard tournaments start showing up soon...

Sandholm
07-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Am I the only one who's a bit annoyed at so many tournaments having extreme tracks in them?
It kills all my drive to try and get a good run going because I am too inconsistent at extreme tracks to get 0 faults
I was so excited to see 2 new tournaments on 360 today, only to find out they both had extreme tracks in them. :(

I know we haven't seen all the different tournaments yet but most of the ones we've seen so far had extreme tracks in them.
I really hope some medium/hard tournaments start showing up soon...

I have to agree with this. there haven't been shown many different tournaments on 360. but from what I've seen on pc as well is that most are either hard or extreme tournaments. previously without any DLC's there were only 1 extreme tournament which were more fitting for players that were casual about the game since they could complete most but extremes.

it gets annoying to grind a tournament quickly if all of them have an extreme track in them and then you have to grind it again next time it shows up if you want to get the XP and compete with others.

IxKILLxZOMBIES
07-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Hey Zombies, thanks for letting us know. Are the other tournaments working for you?

yh it lets me start the other 2 ill have to get back to you let u no if it lets me finish might take a while i like to finish my first run with as little faults as i can an im playing perfect execution which has 8 tracks good to see by the way ;)

IxKILLxZOMBIES
07-03-2014, 06:25 PM
or not they changed again i was having fun on the 8 track perfect execution but atleast burn proof now has more than 1 track :)

RetiredRonin
07-03-2014, 06:25 PM

it gets annoying to grind a tournament quickly if all of them have an extreme track in them and then you have to grind it again next time it shows up if you want to get the XP and compete with others.

Thanks for the feedback! We can continue to make changes to the tournaments based on player feedback, so it won't always need to be this way. There are 5 of each category (easy/medium, medium/hard, and hard/extreme) and trying to get something in there for players of all skill levels, but if the hardcore group thinks there are too many extremes, then they should probably be changed. :D

yh it lets me start the other 2 ill have to get back to you let u no if it lets me finish might take a while i like to finish my first run with as little faults as i can an im playing perfect execution which has 8 tracks good to see by the way ;)

I replicated this issue and have fixed the problem. The downside is that this has caused the currently open tournaments to reset.

En0-
07-03-2014, 06:31 PM
I replicated this issue and have fixed the problem. The downside is that this has caused the currently open tournaments to reset.

Holy crap! We fixed a problem in less than 1 hour. Let's celebrate. We avoided 200 hate posts!

Shifty, you're the real mvp.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnZ9tE3CcAAZZrd.jpg
(please don't troll me, I love self-derision)

NSP_I_VeNoMz
07-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Well done for your quickest issue solve. Hope to see more of it. I guess here would be the best place to put this post because there seems to be a couple devs on it.

Can we have an update on what has been fixed and on what platform regarding the coffin runs. Also what is/when is the 8 glitched scores going to be fixed/recalculated at the top of global?

Rudemod 69
07-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Holy crap! We fixed a problem in less than 1 hour. Let's celebrate. We avoided 200 hate posts!Ha ha, I like it. At least you retain your sense of humour. :)

morrillo
07-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Whilst I commend the variety in a mixed difficulty tournament, having an extreme at the end makes a fault or two on earlier tracks irrelevant if you are going to make 5-10 faults minimum on the extreme. I think more/most tourneys should not have such vastly graduated difficulty as it makes a good run on the easy end a LOT less necessary.

Again I hark back to Evo where the tournament difficulties were graduated by totality not by individual tracks, they were awesome imo.

edit: Playing on PS4 tonight, and i) three new tournaments I haven't see before; ii) all three had consistent difficulty throughout.
Great stuff!!

Now if only the tournament page could be split into DYNAMIC (current format, ever changing), and STATIC (constant tourneys such as TYM, that we can work away at and they never go i.e. old style, that may even add to global score?? just a thought)

morrillo
07-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Yeah, some great new tournaments cycling through at the moment. However, for me on PS4, "Massive Crash" crashes Trials on my console every time I try to start it. It is, at the least, well named I guess ;) Had the same problem with the very same tournament on PS4 tonight: got this error code - CE-34878-0

Jeruhnq
07-03-2014, 10:12 PM
The game crashed for me too, with some tournaments.

RetiredRonin
07-03-2014, 10:34 PM
edit: Playing on PS4 tonight, and i) three new tournaments I haven't see before; ii) all three had consistent difficulty throughout.
Great stuff!!

Now if only the tournament page could be split into DYNAMIC (current format, ever changing), and STATIC (constant tourneys such as TYM, that we can work away at and they never go i.e. old style, that may even add to global score?? just a thought)

Thanks for the feedback, morrillo! We were definitely going for a consistent difficulty, though SOME of them do have a bigger difficulty curve.

The game crashed for me too, with some tournaments.

Had the same problem with the very same tournament on PS4 tonight: got this error code - CE-34878-0

Thanks for the code, morrillo. Hopefully this will shed some light on the issue.

Yeah, some great new tournaments cycling through at the moment. However, for me on PS4, "Massive Crash" crashes Trials on my console every time I try to start it. It is, at the least, well named I guess ;)

I don't know if it is ironic or not, but it seems as though Massive Crash is an issue on all platforms. I am out of the office, and the office won't open tomorrow, but I will work from home with the guys from the studio to get this resolved. For now, that might mean scrapping the "Massive Crash" tournament until the cause of the crash is sorted out, but that's OK, because there are new tournaments in the works.

I know it sucks, as I think Massive Crash is a 12hr Tournament, but please refrain from playing it for now.

If any other tournaments are giving you issues, PLEASE let me know ASAP, preferably through a PM, as those pop as soon as I log in.

Any other feedback, what you like, what you don't, would be greatly appreciated.

RetiredRonin
07-04-2014, 04:21 PM
The tournament noted has been temporarily removed from rotation while we investigate. Thanks for the reports, and thank you for your patience.

Dosto707
07-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Moi (=finnish moi)

First of all, I like the new tournament system. Should be good once more tournaments get in to rotation. Good stuff :]

Here's just a few tiny tiny bugs/issues I've noticed:

1: When in tournament menu you hit X (on xbone) to see the closed tournaments, it shows you the oldest tournaments first. Have to scroll down to see the latest ones. Makes not much sense. I don't see this bothering anyone really, but you know it's just a bit bad design that caught my eye.

2: And when you do go to see the closed tournaments and hit B to go back to main tournament menu, it can get bit buggy as you can see in this here video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y8hs_pU-vg As you can see before hitting X it shows "1st" but after coming back from that closed tournaments menu it says like "123 1st%" and stuff is overlapping stuff and stuff. Again, doesn't really matter. Just something I noticed.

As for 3 and 4, my memory just totally bugged on me.. will have to come back for those.

Ohhh and just something I noticed.. Last night I saw all these new tournaments never seen before, but did not have much time to play, so I played two of them that had the least time left to play, and I'm SURE that the one I did not play had like 2 days left, however today when i woke up and went to Trials, it had already ended. Way sooner than two days. And i'm pretty sure this has happened before too now that I think of it??..Or am I just crazy?

RetiredRonin
07-05-2014, 01:57 AM
It looks like it is trying to say that you are in first place, as well as the percentage you are in. Thanks for the video and info, I'll send this over to En0.

There have been tournaments ending early as we've had a few issues with adding them, and one that was causing the game to become unresponsive. When removing a 'broken' tournament, and to get it out of the way so as not to cause crashes, we have had to repopulate the active tournaments. Not ideal, but better than having thousands of people affected by something. Thanks for the feedback, guys! Keep it coming!

NSP_I_VeNoMz
07-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Hey Shifty, I made a thread but i guess you don't read the smaller threads so hopefully I'll get more luck getting an answer from you or another RL employee. Right now I have 9 lines of closed tournaments. How long will they be stored? I'm sure that it would some what affect the game and maybe cause lagg or crashes if it gets to the point where I have over 100 lines of tournaments? Just wanted to know if at some point the closed tournament page will be 'full' causing the oldest closed tournaments I have completely to be replaced by newer ones.

Also if any RL employee gets the time, please check out my suggestion, greatly appreciated, thanks.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/897398-Tournaments-question-and-suggestion

booped
07-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Would add variety if the cross platform user tracks could be included in the tournaments.

Then over time they would not get stale.

Carmine9437
07-05-2014, 05:43 PM

There are quite a few people asking for this. The menu idea is very good. I really hope this happens.

NSP_I_VeNoMz
07-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Loving the new tournaments timing and track groups, nice work RL

Jeruhnq
07-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Idk if it's the good place to post but i noticed some names of tournaments changed/are not the same.

Here you can see by the times, it isn't the same tournaments but have the same names :

#1 ('Vrais, durs, tatoués')
The old :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/28/1404771729-vdt1.jpg
The new :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/28/1404771737-vdt2.jpg

#2 ('Vie nocturne')
The old :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/28/1404771741-vn1.jpg
The new :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/28/1404771744-vn2.jpg

Maybe it's the translation or something like that, anyway there is a bug i think.

Core2TOM
07-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Vie nocturne = Nightlife?
seems like they keep some tournament names, but update the tracklist. i think the reason is that new tournaments will be created automatically by an algorithm (?) i dont think there is one guy creating new tournaments every 2 hours by hand :D

Jeruhnq
07-07-2014, 11:46 PM
"Vie nocturne = Nightlife?" Yes ;)
Btw, i've just noticed there is some bugs with the translation, sometimes the tournaments are write in English (+ German, just get it).
I need to go back and re load.

edit: "i dont think there is one guy creating new tournaments every 2 hours by hand'
I think the tournaments are already made, there is just an automatically rotation

nbkillah22
07-08-2014, 04:09 AM
Too many easy boring tournaments atm and too much panda crap
Please add harder and longer tournaments guys.

D2Dahaka
07-08-2014, 06:20 AM
No tournament should finish with Sunrise Dash. For the following reasons:

- The Panda feels like a wheelbarrow filled with bricks attached to the top of a unicycle and is an abomination compared to all other vehicles in the game.
- That track in particular is the worst of the panda tracks thanks to the camera angle that makes it hard to judge what's ahead. It has killed several attempts at trying to zero that tournament.

These are My thoughts after playing Amazing Ride on 360 today and quitting. Challenge is good when the game controls and mechanics are transparent and it's just me vs the game...in this case i feel like I'm fighting the controls and the camera.

On a side note I do like these tournaments and it's the most effective way of legitimately levelling up and gives me a reason to switch the game on. Only thing is after level 150 there's not much incentive to keep going. There needs to be some kind of reward structure to entice people to keep playing well after that. This was one of the main issues with Trials Evo multiplayer...the carrot wasn't worth chasing after only a short period of time.

RetiredRonin
07-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Too many easy boring tournaments atm and too much panda crap
Please add harder and longer tournaments guys.
How many Tournaments use the Panda? I thought it was only 3 tournaments... :(
There are a few harder tournaments, but only the ones on the far right should be the "difficult" ones.

Vie nocturne = Nightlife?
seems like they keep some tournament names, but update the tracklist. i think the reason is that new tournaments will be created automatically by an algorithm (?) i dont think there is one guy creating new tournaments every 2 hours by hand :D
No algorithm. Tournaments are made by people.

No tournament should finish with Sunrise Dash. For the following reasons:

- The Panda feels like a wheelbarrow filled with bricks attached to the top of a unicycle and is an abomination compared to all other vehicles in the game.
- That track in particular is the worst of the panda tracks thanks to the camera angle that makes it hard to judge what's ahead. It has killed several attempts at trying to zero that tournament.
Thanks for the feedback! Here are my thoughts on why the Panda should be included in tournaments, and why the last spot is as good as any other.

- The Panda is a vehicle used in the game. It has strengths and weaknesses, just like every other vehicle.
- Every person playing in a tournament is playing the same set of tracks. Tournaments (to me) are about riding consistently, you have a limited amount of time, and if you find yourself performing poorly in the leaderboards, then practicing tracks in single player mode may be a good option.

Seriously, we put Covert Ops as the second to last track in a tournament. I was fully expecting hate for that one. :D

On a side note I do like these tournaments and it's the most effective way of legitimately levelling up and gives me a reason to switch the game on. Only thing is after level 150 there's not much incentive to keep going. There needs to be some kind of reward structure to entice people to keep playing well after that. This was one of the main issues with Trials Evo multiplayer...the carrot wasn't worth chasing after only a short period of time.
There are other rewards planned. :D

En0-
07-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I saw some people saying the Panda was one of the best addition of Fusion! I just think it's a matter of taste :)

NSP_I_VeNoMz
07-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Panda is fineeee, I used to hate it but now it's fine with me, just as consistent as any other bike on trials, I guess it helps how I enjoy all the panda tracks. But yea, panda is awesome once you get used to it.

morrillo
07-08-2014, 05:37 PM
It's fair to say the Panda is pretty divisive: you either love it or hate it.
Me, I don't like it nor do I like FMX, I love the purity of classic trials, but as you say there are many who do like it.

ZanyWabbit
07-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Panda = Marmite

BiG_SH0T_ROB
07-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Base invader panda track big timesaver jump is 100% luck based garbage so
i cant take anybody serious who says they dont have a problem with pandas.
(unless they enjoy gambling of course. Fusion Casino aka Trials Fusino)

Panda has nothing to do with real trials. wtf we need 4 wheels for, we been doing just fine on 2 wheels all these years.
Although i wouldnt mind seeing a panda giga track in future DLC, in fact i think it would be pretty cool.
Fusion is just a casual fun game, gigatrack panda would add to the fun.

Back on topic:

I like the tournaments, but we need more variety. I havent seen a new tournament since saturday on X1.
And if we could have a better incentive other than xp (Global Score!) that would be swell.. (yes, im bringing that word back)