PDA

View Full Version : Public/Private Multiplayer Suggestions For Developers

Xracer500
06-18-2014, 02:50 AM
Leave Suggestions Below And I Will Add Them Here In The OP

New Post:

Firstly I would like to say that this is a post focusing on improving online MP in Fusion from Evolution. Online MP is a key feature of any trials game and should not be excluded.
Secondly, for any of this to be pursued, the Ubisoft servers MUST be fixed and improved drastically.
Also, friends on Uplay/Xbox should be allowed to come into a match from any category. This feature must be allowed on ALL Platforms including PC. (Didn't work very well in Evo Gold)
There should be a chat function in online and private MP in Fusion other than Uplay also on consoles.

PROPOSITION 1:

The following is an example of opening the game: You open the main menu and then right under SinglePlayer, there is a MultiPlayer section. You click on that and there is a list of lobby's that people have created. You have the option to make your own custom lobby. There is a bar at the top much like the track central sort list on Evo. You can make it so you can only see certain things such as…….: Public/Private MP (Private MP has a password to get in). If you choose Public Multiplayer then another section pops up that gives you the option for what difficulty level (e.g. easy/medium and hard/extreme) and you CANNOT make bike restrictions in Public MultiPlayer. If you choose the Public Multiplayer section then you also get an option to sort out which type of trials (e.g. supercross, trials, hardcore (this menu would cancel out the other difficulty menu if it was implemented)).
If you so choose to have a private match with a friend then you may invite them through Uplay so they don't have to type a password, or you may go and search their gamertag if you click on the private MultiPlayer option and then type the password in that they give you.

Please note that the following system below can be combined with the first Proposition, AND if they are combined then there should be a menu that allows you to view all the lobby's and join a certain one, OR you may choose quick match. In this quick match there should be a section that shows how many people are online at the given time waiting for a match. (PLEASE).

PROPOSITION 2:

1. Custom Maps In Online Multiplayer

Custom Maps are a key point in a Trials Game and will only make the Online Multiplayer experience in Fusion better.

If custom maps are included in Online MP then the following has to be implemented
-Custom Tracks are not gimmicks and there is a wide variety of them in MP
-Custom Tracks in Online MP MUST have its own section (Much like Pure Trials, Supercross, Hardcore)
-Custom Tracks in Online MP must not be repeated to many times, so there needs to be a system that is not random
-Custom Tracks in Online MP must have both fun and technical obstacles. (This means that there will have to be more than just RL picks (maybe FusionCommunity tracks?))

If this is pursued in online MP in Fusion then the custom tracks should only have one section and no settings (leave feedback)

2. DLC In Online Multiplayer

Much like in Evolution, Fusion DLC should be included in all categories of online MP excluding the custom track section. (Does not exclude custom maps that have DLC objects placed in them.

The following must occur for the DLC experience in online MP in fusion
-DLC preference options must be included so the experience in online MP is top notch. (More explained in Original Post below)
-DLC settings should be available for ALL sections of MP excluding the proposed Custom Track Section.

Not much for this at the moment, if you have a suggestion to add to this then leave it below.

3. Hardcore Online Multiplayer

This was a key feature in MP in evolution and should be pursued in Fusion. This section should include hard and extreme maps and have the settings for DLC listed above in 2.

The following points focus more on the DLC content rather the online MP this thread is about.
-The Hardcore Tracks In DLC should not have an unbalanced driving line (E.G. not have a very hard part and then the rest of the track be easy)

4. Quick Match In Online Multiplayer

This was a cool feature in Evolution and it should be improved further in Fusion.

New features should include:
-Have all features discussed in Number 2 In Proposition 2.
(Leave more suggestions below)
5. Private Match in MP in Fusion

This MUST be included in Fusion and is probably one of the most important things in MP.

The following things are features that Evo didn't have that would make the Private match experience much better
-Have a search bar for tracks gametags dates category's and pretty much anything that will make finding tracks easier with the streaming setup on TC I don't see why it would harm Private MP if there is a search bar that is taken from evo (the TC search bar) and you can search for anything you want and it downloads the track so you can play it with your mates in Private MP)
-Allow more than 4 people in 1 match (Maybe a limit of 10?)

Leave suggestions below this post for anything you think will improve the Fusion Experience. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Also, if someone could make some photoshop mockups of the suggestions above and leave them below :) Thanks

Original Post: There is no online MP but this is not a thread containing complaints about that. I have a few ideas to make online MP better than in Trials Evolution. This said, Trials Evolution MP was amazing. I have one main idea and then some other side ideas, so why don't we get started with the main Idea.

Main Idea: Custom Maps and DLC in Multiplayer

There was no custom maps included in the Trials Evolution MP, but who said there can't be in Fusion? To avoid "Gimmicks" or just plain bad custom tracks, maybe have the RL Picks or some other highest rated section of tracks. E.G RL Picks in Normal MP and Ninja Picks (If there are any) in Hardcore.
In Trials Evolution MP I felt that the system of if everybody in a session has DLC then you ONLY ride DLC tracks. I got bored of the DLC tracks in MP, so here is my proposed system for DLC's in Online MP in Fusion:

This post was taken from another thread I wrote in-
"I would love to have the dlc tracks to be in multiplayer like it was in evolution, BUT I think that if someone wants to choose there dlc OR make a list of preferences from DLC's in multiplayer.
EXAMPLE:
DLC RATING (Out Of (Six?) Stars)
DLC 1 5
DLC 2 3
DLC 3 4
Etc...
Also-the "Out Of Five Sis" is just a suggestion and may be better if it is a different system (Just realized that there are 6 DLC's planned to launch so maybe 6 stars???)
My point is....if someone is sick of a DLC then they can lower the preference and have the DLC not pop up as much in multiplayer. (Or not at all) Maybe even have a setting to disable certain or all DLC's in multiplayer for Trials Fusion."

Side thoughts: I felt that in online MP in Trials Evolution: Gold Edition here on the PC, there was an extremely small playerbase, and even if there were people, it took like 15 minutes to get into 1 match.

Also, I think that in the pure trials mode in online MP in Fusion (hopefully there is *fingerscrossed*) FMX should be disabled. (Forgot that there is going to be a fix, but still)

Blah Blah Blah....

Main Points - DLC in MP have rating system, "Good" custom maps in MP, Ways to decrease loading time on PC with small playerbase to get into a match, and *maybe* FMX disabled in Pure Trials Mode/Hardcore Trials Mode, maybe supercross???.. anyway you may elaborate and add your thoughts below, I hope this helps the Developers :)

Xracer500
06-18-2014, 03:28 AM
I will add anything that is suggested :)

Xracer500
06-19-2014, 03:08 AM
No suggestions yet?

RetiredRonin
06-19-2014, 03:22 AM
You know, UGC is a very very important part of Trials games. I think that UGC in MP, using the streaming track downloads, is a great idea. If they are selected the same way RLP are, then they should be quality tracks anyhow and offer far more playable content for fans of MP. I am going to be sure to voice this suggestion to the dev team.

Thanks for the suggestions, and by all means keep them coming.

Xracer500
06-19-2014, 05:34 AM
Well I think a main thing is that people should have the ability to disable certain things in mp such as custom tracks/dlc ill update the suggestions tomorrow

EDIT: I am wondering now if the ability to disable certain things will go to far on pc as it is very hard to get into a match. I will go into this much more in depth tomorrow

Xracer500
06-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Updated :)

Jeruhnq
06-19-2014, 09:26 PM
As i said in my signature : custom public servers :rolleyes:
I host a game with the tracks i choose and people can join my game. And when i'm ok, i start the game :cool:

+ more than 4 players whould be awesome too. But not sure if it will happen because of the 4 players on supercross tracks =/

edit: more customisable options when we host a game (on/off bailout is not enought, maybe the ability to change the time limit, the faults, add challenges etc...)

Xracer500
06-19-2014, 09:50 PM
As i said in my signature : custom public servers :rolleyes:
I host a game with the tracks i choose and people can join my game. And when i'm ok, i start the game :cool:

+ more than 4 players whould be awesome too. But not sure if it will happen because of the 4 players on supercross tracks =/

edit: more customisable options when we host a game (on/off bailout is not enought, maybe the ability to change the time limit, the faults, add challenges etc...)
I think what your talking about is Private Online MP with friends which was in evo. Supercross limit can be edited.... also i agree with we should have some more settings in private

Jeruhnq
06-19-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm talking about the ability to host a public custom multiplayer, not a private custom multiplayer.
The difference is you can search many hosts/servers and join my 'server'/game if you want.

Xracer500
06-19-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm talking about the ability to host a public custom multiplayer, not a private custom multiplayer.
The difference is you can search many hosts/servers and join my 'server'/game.
This would be a whole different way for a Trials game to go but im not sure it will fit. I respect your idea but its just that if there are too many people hosting games then it will become like say mars explorer.

Xracer500
06-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Im bringing this thread back....I was expecting more feedback when I came back from my vacation......well no matter...all feedback is welcome! :D

IImayneII
06-29-2014, 11:33 AM
This will probably never happen but a chat function ingame during online/private mp while waiting for a track would be awesome for PC. And a way to send messages to people not on your friends list (like people on consoles can). Since Uplay chat is annoying to use most of the time I would really like to see this, it can't be that hard to implement, almost all games have chat in-game these days...

Xracer500
06-29-2014, 05:45 PM
This will probably never happen but a chat function ingame during online/private mp while waiting for a track would be awesome for PC. And a way to send messages to people not on your friends list (like people on consoles can). Since Uplay chat is annoying to use most of the time I would really like to see this, it can't be that hard to implement, almost all games have chat in-game these days...

added

Xracer500
06-30-2014, 04:29 AM
Im wondering if there should be no preferences for the connection like in evo....becuase this limits the community and it limits the servers....what does everyone think?

En0-
06-30-2014, 05:24 AM

Hi Bassline,

The design we have at the moment includes a chat in the lobby (when you're waiting for the race to start) on PC.
Is it what you're talking about?

Also, if you explain me why you find Uplay chat annoying to use, I can forward this feedback to the Uplay team.

Cheers,

Xracer500
06-30-2014, 06:20 AM
Hi Bassline,

The design we have at the moment includes a chat in the lobby (when you're waiting for the race to start) on PC.

Also, if you explain me why you find Uplay chat annoying to use, I can forward this feedback to the Uplay team.

Cheers,
Hello im not bassline but I think what he means is that whenever you want to chat with someone through Uplay you have to hit shift F2 and then click on the persons name....How to make this system better im not sure....also is the proposed system of chat just on PC? I would like chat to be on all platforms Thanks for reading :)

EDIT: Also is the proposed chat system just on online MP or Private MP as well?

En0-
06-30-2014, 06:31 AM
Hello,

About Uplay chat, how to make it better? How does it work on Steam for example?

For the system of chat on consoles, I don't remember exactly what is planned, I know you'll be able to communicate with people :-)

The chat system is for the lobby (when you wait for your race to start), so it will be public and private MP.

Cheers,

morrillo
06-30-2014, 09:07 AM
It would be a massive shame to not have the ability to run your track with friends in the sort of MP private match we had on Evo.
It was so useful to be able to run the track with them, simultaneously, and point out issues.
Simply being able to drop the track in a beta section would be so much less effective imo.

I understand MP will evolve like tournaments did, but it is a shame to change things and lose what was great about Evo, when surely we could have both types (i.e. many people I speak to have lost interest in the new tournaments, mainly because they are temporary and don't count towards global score [and seem to repeat too much] - so any time you invest in them is 'lost' when they are over, and the gaining of XP and even the odd bike part seems to not negate this issue that much for me at least).

attila-999
06-30-2014, 09:33 AM
usually when a 4 seasons pizza you order, we get a pizza 4 seasons

Now, I must admit, we get 2 seasons with a steak and a bone trimming, very difficult to digest

we will soon find "URBAN trials" great!

En0-
06-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Please keep this thread constructive. I don't answer the other threads because of this kind of message, if you want me to keep discussing here, keep it clean.

Gangly_
06-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Are private matches being removed in Fusion MP?

En0-
06-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Please see earlier answer.

Hello,

About Uplay chat, how to make it better? How does it work on Steam for example?

For the system of chat on consoles, I don't remember exactly what is planned, I know you'll be able to communicate with people :-)

The chat system is for the lobby (when you wait for your race to start), so it will be public and private MP.

Cheers,

morrillo
06-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Are private matches being removed in Fusion MP? It looks like they are trying a new approach for MP that may/may not allow private MP matches. I really hope we ARE able to create private MP, this was widely used in Evo (in my circle of Trials friends at least), for fun and for track testing.

I applaud innovation, but change for change's sake can be a risky strategy. Some of the core things that made Evo so special could be retained in addition to the new modes?

Zurgery
06-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Private MP we need... Have so much fun on it.

IImayneII
06-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi Bassline,

Cheers,

Yes a lobby chat between races is what I meant with chat in-game.

Uplay chat is annoying because you have to use the overlay everytime, even when playing windowed it's a pain to chat. Because you need to either use the overlay or go back to uplay. With steam and other programs you can pop out a chat window wich is alot easier to use. Also, when you have a long conversation with several people and you click on new message, everytime its either at the start of the conversation or somewhere in the middle so everytime I have to scroll down to see what a friend has said.

And a way to send messages (maybe trough the ingame notification system) would be nice to have to message people who are not on your friends list. Currently this is only possible on console, so on PC when you want to give for example some feedback on a track you either have to add them on your friends list and wait for the person to accept the request or just not bother with it. Wich pretty much limits communication in the pc community.

Blackbird569
06-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Definitely need private MP back..
although to test tracks as we used to in EVO wouldn't we need local management?
With the current set up of how tracks are managed on fusion would it even be possible to load your unpublished tracks into a MP game like before.

P.S. make sure the servers are up to supporting MP. not sure how much more the 360's can take..

Xracer500
07-03-2014, 12:13 AM
It would be a massive shame to not have the ability to run your track with friends in the sort of MP private match we had on Evo.
It was so useful to be able to run the track with them, simultaneously, and point out issues.
Simply being able to drop the track in a beta section would be so much less effective imo.

I understand MP will evolve like tournaments did, but it is a shame to change things and lose what was great about Evo, when surely we could have both types (i.e. many people I speak to have lost interest in the new tournaments, mainly because they are temporary and don't count towards global score [and seem to repeat too much] - so any time you invest in them is 'lost' when they are over, and the gaining of XP and even the odd bike part seems to not negate this issue that much for me at least).

YES! Exactly that we need the exact same as evo and then added onto. The biggest thing that should be changed for private MP online is the ability to search tracks by creator and difficulty.

Xracer500
07-03-2014, 12:14 AM
although to test tracks as we used to in EVO wouldn't we need local management?
With the current set up of how tracks are managed on fusion would it even be possible to load your unpublished tracks into a MP game like before.

P.S. make sure the servers are up to supporting MP. not sure how much more the 360's can take..
Redlynx is in touch with microsoft to fix the servers on the 360 I believe

Xracer500
07-03-2014, 12:15 AM
Private MP we need... Have so much fun on it.
We need this feature because it will make Fusion so good. We wont have to open evo back up to play with our uplay friends

morrillo
07-03-2014, 12:31 AM
We need this feature because it will make Fusion so good. We wont have to open evo back up to play with our uplay friends I am afraid that classic private MP is probably not part of the innovations RedLynx/Ubisoft plan for Fusion - I hope I am proved wrong - it was an important part of what made Evo so special for me and many others, but the pattern for Fusion thus far has been to retain very little from Evo, favouring innovations and change as a focus for the direction of the new game.

Xracer500
07-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Formatting improved

Xracer500
07-03-2014, 06:13 PM
I am afraid that classic private MP is probably not part of the innovations RedLynx/Ubisoft plan for Fusion - I hope I am proved wrong - it was an important part of what made Evo so special for me and many others, but the pattern for Fusion thus far has been to retain very little from Evo, favouring innovations and change as a focus for the direction of the new game.

En0 said "The chat system is for the lobby (when you wait for your race to start), so it will be public and private MP" Which means to me that they are trying to keep the classic multiplayer experience but trying to improve it. I know that Fusion is a new game all together but hopefully Redlynx/Ubisoft realizes how important the classic multiplayer experience was. The lack of multiplayer is what is making most people leave so if they keep the classic multiplayer experience trials will shine again!!!

morrillo
07-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Great thread Xracer, keep it up.
Hope they do indeed find a way to innovate and keep the private MP for track testing!

En0-
07-03-2014, 08:04 PM
En0 said "The chat system is for the lobby (when you wait for your race to start), so it will be public and private MP" Which means to me that they are trying to keep the classic multiplayer experience but trying to improve it. I know that Fusion is a new game all together but hopefully Redlynx/Ubisoft realizes how important the classic multiplayer experience was. The lack of multiplayer is what is making most people leave so if they keep the classic multiplayer experience trials will shine again!!!

Hey mate!

I am going to ruin your hope but I prefer to do it now than later!

It won't look like the old one. It will be much better! No old school MP planned at the moment, we focus on what I listed earlier today :)

Cheers,

Xracer500
07-03-2014, 08:11 PM
This doesn't really ruin my hope but ok :P Can you explain anything else about MP to give us insight? I mean I'm not like everyone else asking what its going to be like. I want it to be a surprise but I guess what I'm trying to say is I want to know if it functions in the same way just like you invite a friend and then choose some tracks and play will it be like this? And if so will you be able to search tracks from the custom selection? (That makes me think....with the streaming thing you have set up with TC there could be like a search bar and kind of like a mini track central (keep it simple) but have the ability to search tracks for creator, date, and difficulty/type? I guess what I mean with this is put the evo search bar into Private MP PLEASE :))

Xracer500
07-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Great thread Xracer, keep it up.

Thanks for the support Morrillo, I plan to! This is my biggest most responded to thread ever!!!

Archon453
07-04-2014, 07:37 AM
This is looking great. You've got quite the list compiled here. This is my first Trials game, so not much of a basis to go off of here, but I think that the online multiplayer could have an implemented split screen function? Obviously for the consoles, I know that I play Minecraft with my sister and her bf this way. It would be a really great thing to see in the future.

So since I am not really aware of the previous set up for the online multiplayer could someone quickly in a sentence or two bring me up to speed (quick note version).
Were you able to play track central tracks? Were you able to play the Single Player tracks? Skill games, FMX and Supercross? Non uploaded tracks as well?

This is a great thread, and I hope it gets stickied. This is really useful for us fans/customers for voicing our opinions and the devs for insight as to what we'd like.

C0H00L
07-04-2014, 12:41 PM
why not a combination between FMX points system and supercross. Doing tricks allow you points, plus the rank in the track. the first 20k, the second 10k, the third 5k ... ect :o
it will be a good feature for online mp supercoss.

TheeDesecrator
07-04-2014, 01:06 PM
why not a combination between FMX points system and supercross. Doing tricks allow you points, plus the rank in the track. the first 20k, the second 10k, the third 5k ... ect :o

Fascinating idea. I like it. It would be pretty cool if they made multiplayer sort of like an FPS with all the play mode options. I think your idea is a fine one to add to the list.

BlastergamerX
07-04-2014, 02:06 PM
It would be a fun idea for online supercross having the ranking time based. The person with the shortest time & least faults combined and all tracks passed in the match wins.

A cool idea for custom matches would be restricting your bikes, let's say everybody can only ride on the gecko or panda. Note, for custom matches, I mean for both public available and private.

Plus, for custom matches, an option to allow other players (of course, only those you want) to select tracks.

Another thing, an option to not join running matches. Some people want to race full-matches, not halfway which you have less chance to win.

Then, have a list of lobbies, showing their ping, # of players and restrictions (like password, difficulty), which you can select to join. I hated the random jump-in to a lobby.

Lastly, SKILL GAMES in multiplayer. Would be fun to challenge who gets the most combined length or most points from FMX in 5 minutes.

Xracer500
07-04-2014, 06:23 PM
This is looking great. You've got quite the list compiled here. This is my first Trials game, so not much of a basis to go off of here, but I think that the online multiplayer could have an implemented split screen function? Obviously for the consoles, I know that I play Minecraft with my sister and her bf this way. It would be a really great thing to see in the future.

So since I am not really aware of the previous set up for the online multiplayer could someone quickly in a sentence or two bring me up to speed (quick note version).
Were you able to play track central tracks? Were you able to play the Single Player tracks? Skill games, FMX and Supercross? Non uploaded tracks as well?

This is a great thread, and I hope it gets stickied. This is really useful for us fans/customers for voicing our opinions and the devs for insight as to what we'd like.
Hey bud. In online MP in Evolution you were able to go to a trials, supercross, or hardcore (that was hard and extreme tracks) and go to a random one of those with quick match. You could also invite your friends via uplay/xbox live to a private match in where you could play supercross hardcore downloaded etc....so in public online in MP in Evolution you couldn't do custom tracks but you could in Online Private MP in Evolution. FMX did not come until Fusion.

Obviously we want to keep this system because it worked so well but only put a few tweaks on it. (Such as the ability to search track, date, creator etc... in Private MP (ONLINE)) So as your idea for split screens would work with a game such as Minecraft it does not fit at all well with Trials.

Thanks for all of the feedback btw it is appreciated.

Xracer500
07-04-2014, 06:24 PM

The community is not really set on FMX at the moment because it is just so new to Trials so most people would appreciate if it was kept out of online and private MP, however I respect your opinion as I like FMX too...but in reality most people don't :( So its best that we retain the structure of the evo system for MP so people come back to Trials and make beautiful tracks yet again!

Xracer500
07-04-2014, 06:51 PM
It would be a fun idea for online supercross having the ranking time based. The person with the shortest time & least faults combined and all tracks passed in the match wins.

A cool idea for custom matches would be restricting your bikes, let's say everybody can only ride on the gecko or panda. Note, for custom matches, I mean for both public available and private.

Plus, for custom matches, an option to allow other players (of course, only those you want) to select tracks.

Another thing, an option to not join running matches. Some people want to race full-matches, not halfway which you have less chance to win.

Then, have a list of lobbies, showing their ping, # of players and restrictions (like password, difficulty), which you can select to join. I hated the random jump-in to a lobby.

Lastly, SKILL GAMES in multiplayer. Would be fun to challenge who gets the most combined length or most points from FMX in 5 minutes.

Your first point I agree with because the supercross system in Evolution was not the best.

Your second point however is quite complicated (e.g. who decides the bikes and what if there a troll?) I'll think about this for a while and then come back and say what I think :)

Not sure what you mean with custom matches can you explain? I think it would be best to keep most of the Evo system or we will keep going back to Evo to play MP with our mates.

I think it was this way in Evo. but your system is PERFECT the ability to (sorry for not noticing how good this was earlier) password and difficulty custom and Ill add to this later once I think about it for a while.

Ricochet-II
07-04-2014, 08:23 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Gollum.PNG
"What's multi-player precious?"

Xracer500
07-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Please keep this thread constructive

Archon453
07-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Well I dunno about that split screen really. I mean some people might use the feature quite a bit. I'd like if it was a shared screen, but it would be pretty awful that way. So that's why I'm thinking split screen on consoles. I don't really see anything wrong with options, and quite frankly I think some of the best multiplayer gameplay is done againt your friends in the same room. Although I was thinking of having it work somewhat like call of duty a bit, only with the drop-in/drop-out method.

As for what someone previously mentioned about like supercross where your tricks also counted. How about this?

Pick a game mode>
Enable 1-3 of 3 options: TIME, FAULTS, SCORE. This could work for skill games, races and fmx and mix/match all 3 of them.
This could mix/match games and make them somewhat exciting, and configureable.

Time: Have the ability to set the time that the game goes on for: Perhaps games that might take a while like the basketball games.

Faults: The ability to set the faults before a player gets KO'd from the race, perhaps like a lives idea? Can be enabled/disabled via options.

Score: Can be set to the maximum score in a level until a player wins, or enabled/disabled for classic FMX.
If the 3 options can cause a win, in the idea of a skill game possibly an option for that?

This really isn't a refined Idea, but I'm sure I could come up with something a bit more.. polished. (Since I suck at photoshop, I'd likely have to paint it on canvas haha)

BlastergamerX
07-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Your second point however is quite complicated (e.g. who decides the bikes and what if there a troll?) I'll think about this for a while and then come back and say what I think :)

Hi.
I mean, the host can decide whom can select tracks in the lobby. The selected players will take turn to select the next track to any single-player or custom track they wish. But, this wouldn't be available in competitive races, just for unlimited riding mode or private.

Not sure what you mean with custom matches can you explain? I think it would be best to keep most of the Evo system or we will keep going back to Evo to play MP with our mates.

A customized match with the host's own settings and rules.
For example: The host sets the match to public, gecko-only, no-bailout finish and 7 minutes time limit. And everyone who joins that lobby

Xracer500
07-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Ok so a new idea is starting to form in my head combining everyones ideas. There is an option to join anything on public/private (expained later) mp but it has an options menu that disables and enables certain modes. Then there is an option to go into another menu that has a list of all of the races (Public) that you can join that are not started yet. Please note that you have to have 4 or more people to start. then on the top you can sort out different modes/bikes etc...the options including.......supercross, fmx, and trials/hardcore trials. FMX may only be given points in fmx mode to keep it simple. (I took your option into consideration Archon453).

You also have to option to enable private mp on the top bar and then you HAVE to have a password. The password NEEDS to be simple yet prevent hackers from joining private matches (something too look into RL)

How does this sound?

Xracer500
07-06-2014, 12:40 AM
I always subconsciously wanted this system listed above in Evo....Now I want it more than ever.

Xracer500
07-06-2014, 04:24 PM
I will see this thread in one week, cheers (Please keep the suggestions rolling and keep it constructive so the devs dont leave :))

Xracer OUT

shakeyclaret
07-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I think specific bike selection for mp is a great idea but only in a private lobby, I wouldn't be happy if I joined a lobby in the last couple of seconds to realise I have to use the bmx, especially if I didnt have time to back out.
Every now and then a really special track is released to TC, maybe some of these could be used in a public mp lobby?
When you finish the track in 1st or 2nd it would be good to select which ghost you then want to watch finish the track.
In standard mp a points deduction for faults...nothing worse than losing to a cp junkie.

Xracer500
07-11-2014, 05:00 AM
Just so everyone knows…I do have a computer that has internet occasionally at the moment…I'll try to fix the formatting and improve the ideas a lot tomorrow if internet has the same idea :P Thanks for suggesting shakeyclaret :) I agree and ill add some more comments about them tomorrow I'm too tired to do that today :) Thanks everyone!!!!!

Xracer500
07-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Updated OP again

shakeyclaret
07-11-2014, 08:05 PM
It would also be good if you could select a start time for each rider in a private lobby.
The purpose of this is so all standards of friends can play together competitively. I myself have some friends that can't compete with me in mp and the same goes for me, some of my friends are too good.
My example is - player 1+2 start as normal, I start 4 seconds later and player 4 goes a second after me. I think this would be great as it means mp can be competitive whoever you play.

Xracer500
07-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Another great idea just popped up in my head….for Private MultiPlayer the host should be able to restrict certain bikes on certain tracks so no one will "accidentally" not choose the donkey or choose the viper on a roach track..

Also, shakeyclaret I thought about this for a few minutes and then a few problems came up that maybe you can sort out. I understand that the people on Uplay will sometimes troll so you will have to add on to your idea so it makes everyone not just the host of the private match happy. But thanks again for the continuing suggestions I really hope RL will sticky this :)

shakeyclaret
07-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Also, shakeyclaret I thought about this for a few minutes and then a few problems came up that maybe you can sort out. I understand that the people on Uplay will sometimes troll so you will have to add on to your idea so it makes everyone not just the host of the private match happy. But thanks again for the continuing suggestions I really hope RL will sticky this :)

It would be up to the individuals in the lobby to agree what was fair, as its a private lobby im sure no problems would arise cos they would more than likely be friends.

Xracer500
07-16-2014, 05:24 AM
I'll give this some more thought but it could only be implemented if EVERYBODY in the group agreed and friends can be annoying sometimes (mine are not though :))

Xracer500
07-16-2014, 05:10 PM
This has already been stated but if UGC is implemented into MP there must not be to many repeating tracks.

Xracer500
07-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Can a mod please change the title of this thread to "Public/Private Multiplayer Suggestions For Developers" Please? Thank you :)

pArA8D
07-18-2014, 01:23 PM

A viewable lobby system As blaster said.

I would also like to see how many players are racing in quickmatch/how many are searching so that I am not left in limbo while it searches.

Xracer500
07-18-2014, 03:37 PM
A viewable lobby system As blaster said.

I would also like to see how many players are racing in quickmatch/how many are searching so that I am not left in limbo while it searches.

I already added the viewable lobby system to main post, it seems that a ton of people like this idea and that you can just disable a certain mode with the click of 1 or 2 buttons.

However, with the viewable lobby system, can you explain more on how the number of people in the match would work? I believe you mean that with each lobby it shows how many people are in it. Can you please clarify?

Thank You,

Xracer500
07-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks for stickying this thread, I appreciate it a great deal :)

pArA8D
07-21-2014, 01:47 AM
However, with the viewable lobby system, can you explain more on how the number of people in the match would work? I believe you mean that with each lobby it shows how many people are in it. Can you please clarify?

My suggestion is for the one click quick match search option like in Trials Evolution. It is not necessary if a fully fledged lobby is introduced.

Idea - In quick match, show how many players are online for potential matchmaking. This will inform the player if they will be searching forever in vain or not.

See below pics for what I am trying to describe. I am using the Evo captures as an example but of course I am talking about MP in Fusion

http://s27.postimg.org/a0fcwaowz/image.jpg
http://s14.postimg.org/f2sxarr0x/image.jpg

Xracer500
07-21-2014, 02:46 AM
My suggestion is for the one click quick match search option like in Trials Evolution. It is not necessary if a fully fledged lobby is introduced.

[SIZE=3]Idea - In quick match, show how many players are online for potential matchmaking. This will inform the player if they will be searching forever in vain or not.

Ok Ill update the OP I agree this would be a wonderful system to have….thanks buddy :)

Jeruhnq
07-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Idea - In quick match, show how many players are online for potential matchmaking. This will inform the player if they will be searching forever in vain or not.
Why only for Quick match ? For all modes ! :)

Xracer500
07-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Why only for Quick match ? For all modes ! :)

The system that I have proposed makes it so you can choose quick match or go into a separate menu and sort out public and private matches like a lobby that you asked for

Ash2X
07-27-2014, 04:42 PM
After Months I donīt think they care about a Online-Multiplayer...I feel betrayed.They canīt even give the Features they promised in the Pre-Release-Trailer.

eorracle_07
07-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Seriously. How much longer until multiplayer? Have been a fan since the beginning Trials HD,Evo, now Fusion but I'm very seriously thinking about walking away forever. Me and my friends loved Evo's multiplayer we played every day. Playing by myself if boring and I've had to for months now and still no news about it coming.

En0-
07-28-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi Eorracle and Ash2X,

You seem new on the forum, so I can repeat what has been said.

We're reworking the feature to bring it at the best possible quality and not doing just a cheap multiplayer. So, that requires time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Xracer500
07-28-2014, 07:09 AM
PLEASE keep this thread constructive guys honestly this is not a place to complain about not having multiplayer. Its a place to voice your suggestions about how to make mutliplayer better than evo.

Thanks,

Xracer

C0H00L
08-04-2014, 12:45 PM
:)

Toa72
08-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Setting a personal record on a track when playing MP should be just as if you set the record in SP: save replay and update leaderboards. I think I have beaten all of my records in multiplayer, but who cares as long as it doesn't count. A personal record is a personal record, and I see no reason whatsoever it shouldn't count. It counts for Usain Bolt when "playing multiplayer" in the olympics....

Xracer500
08-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Ha good analogy :) I completely agree this feature has to be in multiplayer no matter what Ill put it in the op :)

Patabarnack
08-26-2014, 11:35 PM
don't know if it was said but...

in MPlocal track the sound of the bikes are not as good that it was in evo.
we barely here it and its feel less immersive.

crank the sound up, we want to hear that engine !

Patabarnack
09-01-2014, 02:14 PM
also...
in local, we got to see the final time, like in evo...
cause when u bail and beat your friend by 000.016 you want to destroy is self esteem !! :p

IBlubbiI
09-29-2014, 09:38 AM
I would suggest to have 3 kinds of multiplayer.

The private mp just as we had it in evo, and then 2 kinds of normal mp. One queue that counts into mp ranking, and one that is just there for having fun (like using the donkey on all tracks in evo).

Gangly_
09-29-2014, 11:44 AM
I would suggest to have 3 kinds of multiplayer.

The private mp just as we had it in evo, and then 2 kinds of normal mp. One queue that counts into mp ranking, and one that is just there for having fun (like using the donkey on all tracks in evo).

That means all kinds of tracks would be put into each multiplayer playlist instead of HC/Regular/SX. That would suck.

IBlubbiI
09-29-2014, 11:59 AM
That means all kinds of tracks would be put into each multiplayer playlist instead of HC/Regular/SX. That would suck.

No, you would have the same mp as you got in evo. The only difference would be that you could choose if you want to play ranked or fun mode before you get into the quickmatch, regular,SX, HC menu.

Blackbird569
09-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before. It would be cool if there was a Uplay playlist in MP matchmaking..

I tried local MP last night.. Upon faulting you are automatically reset to checkpoint (almost instantly)....Please don't carry this feature over in the upcoming competitive MP. I would much rather press B myself.... Maybe as an option..
An example where it may be useful to have to manually reset to ckeckP is if you are testing a work in progress track in private MP, and are pointing out a problemed area to the host/builder. If you are reset to the nearest checkpoint in that area automatically it might be harder to show the builder exactly what is tripping them up... I think anyway..

"MP coming soon".. I have no problem with this.. For when they originally said "Soon", quite some time has passed.. Therefore. "Soon" now must indicate a much smaller amount of time....

soon my pet......

Gangly_
09-29-2014, 12:57 PM
No, you would have the same mp as you got in evo. The only difference would be that you could choose if you want to play ranked or fun mode before you get into the quickmatch, regular,SX, HC menu.
Ah I see, yeah that sounds like a pretty good idea.

Core2TOM
09-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Upon faulting you are automatically reset to checkpoint (almost instantly)

in local mp you cant even press B to reset to a checkpoint manually :nonchalance: whoever came up with that weird idea did probably never played some bad customs...
for example: think about you would play with a friend in supercross and both players stuck on a bad designed part on the drivingline. what now? (havent played supercross a long time ago, maybe this is already fixed?)

- most important question: will there be a private mode again?

for testing tracks with your friends you should have some extra options:

- [Enable / Disable] press BACK to restart the whole track as often as you want.
- [Enable / Disable] skip checkpoints with LB / RB
- you want to help your friend to improve his skillgame or ninja track before he is uploading it? SPECTATOR MODE!

En0-
09-30-2014, 01:08 PM
"MP coming soon".. I have no problem with this.. For when they originally said "Soon", quite some time has passed.. Therefore. "Soon" now must indicate a much smaller amount of time....

We never said MP was coming soon.

What we said was "Soon" was about being able to give information. That's taking too long also though.
There is no excuse, we have to align a lot of people before being able to say something and that's simply hard.

Though I hope we'll come with information as soon as possible.

Blackbird569
09-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Another idea I had was. The A.i's from the story could act as announcers in MP, upon wining or loosing etc...

We never said MP was coming soon.

What we said was "Soon" was about being able to give information. That's taking too long also though.
There is no excuse, we have to align a lot of people before being able to say something and that's simply hard.

Though I hope we'll come with information as soon as possible.
I misspoke/typed I apologize... I did mean to refer to the information side of things....

Thanks En0.

Edit: I 100% agree with tom.
SPECTATOR MODE!

shakeyclaret
09-30-2014, 08:34 PM
I don't mean this in a sarcastic way but will we have mp before Christmas?

Ash2X
10-08-2014, 10:00 AM
I donīt think they do care about it - I bought it at Release Day for 20€ just because of the Online-MP,found out that the promised Mode isnīt there and they actually never said anything about it except "we want to do something different".That was a half Year ago,
After the Trailers before I feel betrayed.

NeRvEaGeNtUK
10-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Id like to see a promised mode released a mode that is actually on the cover of the game i purchased. The mess you have left and lies you have told the LEAST you should do is make an honest assessment and let the gamers who paid you a lot of money know where your at with MP or what the problems are.....maybe just maybe people would get off your case.

Remember you have blatantly lied to many many people and I think a little honesty even if its not what people might want to hear might buy you back some credability and respect. Remember anything else you release will rely on these same people. I genuinely believe this mode hadnt even had work started on it at launch I really believe that firmly despite the case saying it came with it and the misleading pre launch videos. It was all set up to decieve so lets play ball and tell ppl where your at even if its not a date.

NeRvEaGeNtUK
10-12-2014, 04:36 PM

Christmas 2015?

IImayneII
10-12-2014, 05:09 PM
I agree that, at this point, basically any info would be nice. Last thing I remember was something in the lines of "mp is on shedule", wich is several months ago and doesn't feel like it is still on shedule...

Still no news on the Teams feature either, wich is even supposed to come before multiplayer. At this rate I'm starting to think mp will hit Fusion as a 1 year anniversary update and I'll probably won't be that far off...

as for suggestions...shared local + online would be great, but I don't think that will ever be possible....maybe only for a supercross mode?

Jeruhnq
10-12-2014, 09:06 PM
If i remember, they said MP will come before 2015.
But there is so many big games at the end of this year, so idk :nonchalance:

shakeyclaret
10-14-2014, 08:06 AM
2 weeks and no answer on what I thought would be a pretty simple question. Im not angry, just looking for a bit of info.

En0-
10-14-2014, 08:08 AM
2 weeks and no answer on what I thought would be a pretty simple question. Im not angry, just looking for a bit of info.

Hello,

We already said we don't communicate on the date because if we need to move it, people will hate us for that :)
Also, the Teams feature will come before Multiplayer as announced.

Regards,

shakeyclaret
10-14-2014, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the quick reply :) I understand what you are saying but im not looking for a specific date, just curious if it will be before Christmas or after.
I was thinking of getting a xbone as I have friends to race against but should I put it off till after Christmas?

En0-
10-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Even outside of Trials Fusion, I don't think you would regret your purchase ;-)

shakeyclaret
10-14-2014, 11:10 AM
Even outside of Trials Fusion, I don't think you would regret your purchase ;-)

The problem i have with that is that im quite wierd with gaming. If Trials didn't exist then I wouldn't own a console lol

En0-
10-14-2014, 01:36 PM
We're a little bit off topic but I heard people really love the X1 gamepad for Trials :)

Sandholm
11-09-2014, 11:27 AM
There should be ranked play and public play. so that you can go for a good win/loss ratio and just chill and don't care about winning or losing as much all the time. there should also be a different point system, so that you can lose points too so you have to be good to reach rank 1 global in multiplayer instead of just having to play a lot and then you'd eventually hit rank 1 on evo in multiplayer.

and then also something so you can see like your average finish per ranked multiplayer game and public. as many stats as possible would be nice to be honest. and sure of that ranked and public multiplayer would make it a lot more competitive, and friendly for new players/players that aren't so good yet since then they wont have to face the really good people most of the time.

mourinho9
11-11-2014, 06:16 PM
First of all, sorry for my english. I am french and i come here because i wonder what is wrong with the panda in the multiplayer mode. I created Supercross tracks on 360 and it is for the Panda. In the central of tracks ,when you play the tracks, there is no problem but, when you go to the multi mode and play the tracks, the Panda seems to be less powerful and you can't complete the track. So I wanted to know if somebody has noticed that, and if there will be an update to correct this problem
thanks

Rebrief
11-11-2014, 07:31 PM
We could have a ranking system where you start in a division and you get 10pts 1st 5pts 2nd -5 third -10 fourth (SP and SC MP) and the same for hypercross but spread the points and you need a certain amount till you promote in your division and you have a different medal next to ur name.

Another suggestion to be abl to see you opponents stats while waiting in the lobby.

Also when you hover over the player gt or psn it load their rider so u can see what their wearing

Also a voting screen E.G inferno, light city run, frostbite and the lobby votes what next

Thnx for reading would love a reply on what works and what doesn't :)

NSP_I_VeNoMz
11-18-2014, 10:23 AM
^ If they made a single player leaderboards and a team leaderboards for multiplayer as well, I'm sure there won't be the same 50 people who are top on both, meaning not 1 team can rule both leaderboards.
I think it would be good to be able to change the clan tag/team name That's needed to be honest, what if some young kid made a typo, stuck with it forever.
Also what about a gold crown to say, 'hey look I'm in the #1 team', then silver and bronze for 2nd and 3rd place teams. What about an icon for the team leaders possibly?

I'd like to say that I love how they have leaderboards, I love the bulletin board, that's awesome. Anyone know what the 'set new note' does? I see that it displays a message above the bulletin board is it just giving a title to the bulletin board chat or displaying a message to everyone in the team or something?

How long do the join requests stay there for? I get many funny messages that I'd like to keep xd

Also what about a page which you can set options for the requests?

Instead of just having 'review all' 'accept all' 'decline all' etc. Make it so you can accept everyone above 19.5m score, decline anyone below or something along those lines.

I know my OCD is kicking in and not everyone will care but on the team members list, please make it 10per page, having 8 is so... Annoying! :)

What about an icon to tell the team leader if the player has already been invited before?

All I have at the moment :)

NSP_I_VeNoMz
11-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Oh one more suggestion, on the team members page, you can press down at the bottom of the page, or up at the top of the page to go onto the next page. You can't do this on the leaderboards, please make it all consistent cause it's really annoying having it all different.

princessfran
11-22-2014, 01:30 AM
Hi Developers:)

Implement a "Boost Meter" in Multi Player.!
According to what I read/heared on Twitch there will be a sort of "Boost" whenever you do a FMX trick.
I would reccomend a sort of "line" which shows how much boost the player has available to use. (like whenever the player does a trick that he sees how much boost the trick gave)
There could also be the functionality that "The harder the trick, the more boost" the player gains.

In a lot of racing games such a boost meter was present (this boost could also be used at the moment the player the boost wanted to use) and I can imagine (like when the player is climbing) that this is very usefull
Example can be seen here: (and this is a simple one because they can look much more awesome..lol):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJMZI8GRMyg

Greetzz,
Frances

Nechura
11-27-2014, 02:46 AM
Having a H.O.R.S.E gamemode for FMX would be pretty fun I think. Skill games are definitely something which should be in multiplayer though, if that hasn't already been thought about. Being able to party up with friends and play a bunch of skill games would be great. I could definitely see myself sinking hundreds of hours into the game if that was the case.

Smilies2019
11-27-2014, 11:45 AM
I got the beta key, and tried betaMP for about 1 hour.

What i saw in beta was exacly the same multiplayer as it was in evolution.
The only difrent between those 2 was.....8 drivelines - voice chat and that was it.

The search system has NOT being improved in any ways
It has the same * SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS* without even having a list or number to see howmany are searching too.

In that 1 hour i played BETA MP, i found 2 challengers and they was both in my friendlist on UPLAY.
Also not to mention that in 1 hour i waited like 40 minutes in SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS.

So if u want my oppinion about multiplayer.....(cant say it without being censored)
Ofcource you wil say....Hey chil....its beta MP not full MP.

But to me...BETA on fusion is the FUSION BETA.....and i mean by that.......
I played beta trials fusion when it came out, to test it. so it can be improved.

There was a 40 page list of bugs and suggestions for the full game upon release.(PC players tested it)

And for the testing we got a nice reward: 8 days delay

So if u want to improve Multiplayer on Trials Fusion....make at least the SEARCH FOR PLAYERS better.
Its 2014 and trials fusion was suppost to be a NEXT GEN game.
But *searching for players (without seeing who else is searching)* is more like the 80's. when video gaming was invented.

so my idea to make a better trials fusion included the Multiplayers is: Go to the wishlist what we made before trials fusion was out.

princessfran
12-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Moved reply from "Feedback" to here (seems to me a better choice:)

In forward I would like to mention that I could have missed a few things/answers in this tread (I am trying to catch up :p)
Also I made a few (minor) changes in the text to make this message shorter.

The points that I have written down:

* After session Failure (due lack of players) the screen stays black. (even ESC didn't help and using CTRL/ALT/DEL to kill the program was the only option to restart)
* After session ending due "Host left the session, or stopped the session" the screen stays black again only above mentioned solution was left
* When a player stops during a race, the player didn't move but hanging in the sky with full throttle sound, this was for about 30 seconds untill the player dissapeared..

Suggestion(s):

* Mention at the start of the game (when searching for players) the amount of players that are online
* Choose another layout to watch too, watching a blue blank screen is boring (to be honest) or even better create a sort of picture slides from different tracks with a bit of information about the track like;

- which bike is best to use
- who has the best time on this track
- When the track was created and by which user
- or something else that gives information about the track

Boostmeter:
* The "boostmeter" which was right underneath the timeclock, however...this is a REAL small one, I would rather create a larger one.
* Boost appears random to me (like after a small wheelie) and cannot be used when the player needs it the most, maybe a seperate button which activates the boost would be an improvement.

* Update December 8, 2014:
A player cannot see immediately if boost is enabled (at least, when I started a race against others I was doubting...should I start making tricks or not? I think it's a must to know this!)

* Update December 10, 2014:
On Twitch I've seen MP tracks being created, please implement them in the Beta if possible because riding the same tracks over and over again against the same people (where are you all people who want to have MP in Fusion??) is something that holding me back from testing more and more.

(these remarks get a huge vote from me):

i agree with we should have some more settings in private
+1

Yes a lobby chat between races is what I meant with chat in-game.
+1

+1 (never played MP on Evo, but from other games a huge "Yes, this is what we need" from me!)

Greetss,
Princesfran

TeriXeri
12-10-2014, 10:26 AM
* Update December 10, 2014:
On Twitch I've seen MP tracks being created, please implement them in the Beta if possible because riding the same tracks over and over again against the same people (where are you all people who want to have MP in Fusion??) is something that holding me back from testing more and more.

There are a few custom XSX on beta TC, but they won't be chosen in matchmaking so you gotta set up private games for those.

There is a building competition going for beta 8 lane tracks as well : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/956483-Beta-Build-off-Challenge

I am actually working on a MP track as well but since the competition runs till Jan 5 2015, more tracks will show up closer to that timeframe instead of now.

Most of my beta time is spent building right now and not matchmaking.

But there's also some bugs affecting people right now (NAT issues/Podium-black screen lockup) I will test it again in the new builds that come of course.

princessfran
12-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Sounds perfect Teri.
I think the bugs have more priority than the tracks now, but I realy hope to see a few more tracks in matchmaking:)

RetiredRonin
12-10-2014, 09:14 PM
I got the beta key, and tried betaMP for about 1 hour.

What i saw in beta was exacly the same multiplayer as it was in evolution.
The only difrent between those 2 was.....8 drivelines - voice chat and that was it.

And track modifiers.
And session modifiers.
And reworking how MP works in displaying characters so your view is never blocked by 3 other riders.
And spectator mode that allows for a big shift in how we can all setup challenges/competitions.
And a total reworking of how the mode actually works.

Just because you see multiple players driving in the same direction does not mean X-Supercross is Supercross from Evo ported over. It is not.

The search system has NOT being improved in any ways
It has the same * SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS* without even having a list or number to see howmany are searching too.

In that 1 hour i played BETA MP, i found 2 challengers and they was both in my friendlist on UPLAY.
Also not to mention that in 1 hour i waited like 40 minutes in SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS.

The best way to play the Beta is to get some Trials friends onto the Beta as well. There are quite a few people who do not play Betas and quite a few people who don't have codes for them. It can take a bit to find matches in the Beta.

But *searching for players (without seeing who else is searching)* is more like the 80's. when video gaming was invented.

I think this is sarcasm, but most games in the 80s did not have online MP.
Video Games were not invented in the 80s.

princessfran
12-11-2014, 08:28 PM
I tried to get a private match with two friends today by using Uplay but unfortunately I couldn't make it work.
Is this something that is know about? or should it work?

En0-
12-11-2014, 08:51 PM
I tried to get a private match with two friends today by using Uplay but unfortunately I couldn't make it work.
Is this something that is know about? or should it work?

Hello,

When did you try and what did you try exactly?
The flow may be not really easy at the moment on PC. It would need a little bit of polish.

Cheers,

princessfran
12-20-2014, 01:33 AM
Hello, When did you try and what did you try exactly? The flow may be not really easy at the moment on PC. It would need a little bit of polish. Cheers,

This issue is already solved and it works perfect now Eno but I have another suggestion.

When sound is muted, it turns on automatically after the race when the players are back in the lobby.
My suggestion is to change this and that when the sound/voice is muted it should stay off (at least untill the game gets rebooted) because;

Uplay has also sound and it gives a echo when both are on.
In some cases, sound/voice is turned off because a private conversation is needed at home and when it automatically turns on again people could hear things that they shouldn't hear.

Greetsss,
Frances

shakeyclaret
01-22-2015, 11:23 PM
Is it possible to have the times showing at the end of each track?

Smilies2019
01-24-2015, 05:14 AM
The best way to play the Beta is to get some Trials friends onto the Beta as well. There are quite a few people who do not play Betas and quite a few people who don't have codes for them. It can take a bit to find matches in the Beta.

I think this is sarcasm, but most games in the 80s did not have online MP.
Video Games were not invented in the 80s.

1:My friendlist with 89 people are hardly playing trials anymore.
2: it wasnt ment as sarcasm, gaming industry has improved big time. so i expected a little bit more.

Lukeyy19
01-25-2015, 02:33 AM
My Feedback

Played some private multiplayer and I'm glad it's finally back and there are certainly some good points, but also things that are missing from Evo that are missed and new features and changes that would be useful.

Good:

I like the bonus points for faults.
I like the track and lobby options.
I like the podiums.
I like that you can select who to spectate after finishing.

Missing from Evo:

Number one is obviously not being able to race standard Trials tracks in private multiplayer, or even normal Supercross, I understand the idea behind X-Supercross but I never found the ghosts to be a distraction, and you could always include an opacity slider or something, plus it means that tracks are even more segregated, you can't just make one track for everyone, you have to make a track that only works in this mode, or one that's only for that mode, plus with X-Supercross it means more work and more complexity used up, but also limits what you can build. The sort of tracks I used to build just can't work properly as X-Supercross, and this just limits the content available to people who enjoy multiplayer, it just seems like you spent all this time and effor fixing a minor issue only to tear apart so much that made multiplayer great in the process of doing so.
There is no leaderboard at the lobby/loading screen, so you can only briefly see the scores at the end of each track.
The host can't exit a track to the lobby and keep his party together, it just completely exits multiplayer.
Players are not shown the difficulty of the upcoming track to be able to base their bike selection on.
Bike selection screen always defaults to the Pit Viper instead of your last used bike.

Other:

Add a setting to disable the timer at the bike select screen and just start when everybody has selected or at least an option to increase it.
I don't really understand the boost meter, I never saw it go up even slightly by doing tricks but every now again I'd get the tiniest little fireball at my rear wheel which I asume was it, does it just use it without even showing you have it?
Would be nice to also see the description and creator of the upcoming track to assist in your bike choice.
Ability to rate user tracks in multiplayer, perhaps a toggle-able option by host.

That's all I can think of for now.

RetiredRonin
01-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Lukeyy19.

C0H00L
01-26-2015, 04:01 PM
hi,
is it possible, in the future, to add a 2nd player to the x-supercross?
i mean 2-8 player instead of 1-8. the camera will allways follow the first player and the 2nd will crash if he is too far from the first( like in local supercross). it's a kind of combination between local supercross and the online x-supercross, so we can play 2 online without split screen... its cool i think:cool: :)

coronadoCA
01-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Add some supercross tracks like in Evolution.

iwound00
01-28-2015, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone. congrats on the new dlc.
I enjoyed the streams on the multiplayer so much i made a MP track. haven't played in a while.
When i went to play against people i realised i can't.!!
No public server or customs in matchmaking sessions.
So we only have 8 tracks over and over.

So add people in private i hear you whisper. Out of 40 (+dozens in met list) in my friends list no-one is playing or not online.
i've no chance of getting it full. even the the stream only just manages it.

So please add custom tracks to public sessions.
There's nothing to pull me back to Trials unless this changes.

I'd prefer it a player can host and select tracks as in private, rather than the game choosing.

and btw Blue is the best #no-sarcasm! ;p keep up the great work guys.

h0ckeydude1
02-01-2015, 08:27 PM
The multiplayer is alright. It can get boring real quick with limited maps. I think a lot of people miss the custom trials tracks in private matches also. It doesn't make sense that you can create a super cross x track and play it with friends. But you can't play a custom made trials track.

C0H00L
02-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Hi everyone. congrats on the new dlc.
I enjoyed the streams on the multiplayer so much i made a MP track. haven't played in a while.
When i went to play against people i realised i can't.!!
No public server or customs in matchmaking sessions.
So we only have 8 tracks over and over.

So add people in private i hear you whisper. Out of 40 (+dozens in met list) in my friends list no-one is playing or not online.
i've no chance of getting it full. even the the stream only just manages it.

So please add custom tracks to public sessions.
There's nothing to pull me back to Trials unless this changes.

I'd prefer it a player can host and select tracks as in private, rather than the game choosing.
+1

Jongie
02-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Customs on public session would be endless fun!

attila-999
02-12-2015, 08:06 PM
this is a very big step, thank Redlynx before asking anything, the game is getting better!

applaud

iwound00
02-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks for grantimg my request for customs in pub MP. :) Seeing how im on a roll now for request number 2.

Trials MP ignoring fails - mode - added as an extra option.

Reason, so WYSIWYG. Results to be what you see, first across the line wins and fails are ignored. no xp score.

I think the reason people want MP is so they can see their opponent at the same time so you can react in real time.
it would be tricky to see a players location and name and know their fail count and where that puts you, while also trying
to flippity flop over obstacles.

Controlling your fail account can slow the game down for some and further increase the distance between skilled players.
Frustration can easily kick in. Wouldn't it be nice to pull all levels in so they can finish relatively closely.

Maybe what im saying might only be relevant to harder levels as these also add to the distance between players.
But currently what you see is never reflected in actual finishing place, which for me defeats the purpose of MP.
My first experience and many after is of coming in 2,3,4 and being placed last. so i switched off and did something else.

Another similar point, i played on the live stream the other week, blue had bail out finish on and i thought i finished a close second.
i later watched the stream and i was shocked, hehe ok not that shocked i suck, to find i actually finished last.
so there is a serious lag issue to be resolved regarding accurately determining the position of other players.
so i hope this will be fixed as i said unless what you see is actually what's happening there's little point to it.

IxKILLxZOMBIES
02-18-2015, 09:28 AM
just an idea

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1013059-An-extra-multiplayer-mode

IxKILLxZOMBIES
03-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Might be to complicated to implement but it would be nice to be able to save playlists for private matches so we could play the same tracks on different days with out having to hunt through the favs

this way we could save some competitive playlists almost like tournaments :D it's just I found I have a lot of favs and end up picking tracks someone in the lobby has never played.

Also speaking of tournaments was it ever confirmed whether or not classic tourneys will return after all DLC? The only suggestion threads I can see are this one and the track central one.

So I'll suggest it in here I and I'm sure a lot of other people would love to see classic tournaments return except for maybe blaze lol 100% speed runs long enough

But I think it would be a great addition to fusion a Test your Might 2 maybe even a Ultimate Endurance 2 :D with all the core/DLC tracks you could really make fusion tournys stand out from HD and Evo's mix it up a bit dont be afraid to reuse tracks in multiple tournys like I think you did in HD maybe you could even have a Uplay recomended tourney or two with global score. You could have multiple extreme tournys by mixing the tracks up with just one or two extreme tacks thrown in since extreme fans are always felling a bit left out with the lack of tracks tournys would be a great alternative. I'm so hyped talking about this please let this happen I love static tournaments You can slowly improve over and over for months I recently just improved some of my Evo tourneys

Ps if that does happen maybe don't have every extreme track on TYM2 that would probably drive most people mad even if plat was like 20 faults most trials players are perfectionist and would spend the rest of there life trying to 0 fault it lol

Edit: hope this is constructive I'm genuinely trying let me know if I'm failing please

Smilies2019
03-10-2015, 05:49 AM
suggestions, suggestions. everybody got suggestions and idea's
before fusion was launched, we made a HUGE wishlist.
and nothing has been implanted. (wel..nothing usefull)

there are loads of changes in the trackcentral, BUT WHERE IS THE NINJA FEED?

al im saying is this: you can come up with idea's, but they just do their own thing.
wich is: destroying the trials serie

1000's of fixes, But no fixes on what is NEEDED, (like tireglitch...the no.1 bug from beta)
The PC player base is as good as dead. the 360 dont get single lane MP....i wonder what is next.

TeriXeri
03-10-2015, 10:40 AM
As far as MP suggestions, please review the rewards for matches without 8 players, right now the XP is so low with 2-4 players, it's not even worth putting time in, as well as XP in general having little use.

I'd like to see like something like frontier's reward wheel (but NO respins for in-game cash or some other currency!), maybe add some cosmetic MP-only bike skin/helms/outfit parts to it, with a fair chance to win something, so that it doesn't take months of RNG to complete all the collectibles.

Imo one fair way would be like this: rewards won on the reward wheel get unlocked in the garage/rider outfit but you still have to spend your in-game $ to buy them. It makes the ingame cash useful again.

Could even go an extra mile and require a certain minimum multiplayer XP level just don't make it too punishing.

As far as MP leaderboards go, its just a matter of who puts in the time , not my cup of tea to compete for.

Meenie77
03-14-2015, 11:58 AM
I put this in the what I'd like in the next trials game, but if Fusion is going to continue then it would be good to implement sooner

A super cross revamp

- SX online to be 8 players across 4 lanes. This would allow a party of 4 local players to race another party of 4 online players so you reap the benefits of playing alongside your mates at Home whilst also competing online (each local player would have 1 ghost on each lane) This could be any number of combinactions E.g 2 local players online against 3 solos players and another party of 3 playing locally... or merely 8 players all playing solo online.
- Tie this Into teams and include weekly SX online solo challenges and group challenges.

This would help keep SX, as a game mode, more relevant and more widely used
It would however make SXS redundant, but then once single player MP comes out, it may well be anyway

sonIccay
03-17-2015, 01:24 AM
custom public servers

Yes that will be very nice. The track options are really great but i miss a lobby to join for everybody.

edit: and i want to save some tracks and settings in my lobby

Bonobhoy
05-07-2015, 12:45 PM
How about CHASE MODE?

2 vs 2

2 players set off and have 1 minute to get ahead of the other 2 ,there goal is to get to the end of the track....after the timer counts down the 2 chasers attempt to catch up and tag the other 2 out?

Maybe the chasers have extra speed boost or something?

oO-shaolin-Oo
05-13-2015, 07:45 PM
It would be good to add an option mute everyone in the setting because since the last update it looks like it isn't possible to mute someone before selected the 1st track

En0-
05-14-2015, 08:10 AM
It would be good to add an option mute everyone in the setting because since the last update it looks like it isn't possible to mute someone before selected the 1st track

Hello,

I forwarded this request to our designer.

Regards,

AgentLoFi
05-14-2015, 02:21 PM
I would like to suggest a social or casual playlist in multiplayer. With this most recent update to multiplayer you have made it into a constantly competitive mode and with that we lost one crucial thing we were having in the previous iteration of multi which is fun. In the old version we would meet a new rider and after the race would invite into our lobby and get back out there, race hard, have fun and possibly meet more people. Now that we can't party up and go into anything that isn't a private match, it has made it much harder to meet new riders and turned away many of the riders on my team and friends list. I know that you could exploit the current system with a full lobby going into multiplayer, but maybe have a party limit of 4 or like suggested have a social playlist.

I love this game and its sad that most of my friends are not playin this game anymore cause we can't party up and have what video games are, FUN. Thank you for your time.

En0-
05-14-2015, 03:05 PM
I would like to suggest a social or casual playlist in multiplayer. With this most recent update to multiplayer you have made it into a constantly competitive mode and with that we lost one crucial thing we were having in the previous iteration of multi which is fun. In the old version we would meet a new rider and after the race would invite into our lobby and get back out there, race hard, have fun and possibly meet more people. Now that we can't party up and go into anything that isn't a private match, it has made it much harder to meet new riders and turned away many of the riders on my team and friends list. I know that you could exploit the current system with a full lobby going into multiplayer, but maybe have a party limit of 4 or like suggested have a social playlist.

I love this game and its sad that most of my friends are not playin this game anymore cause we can't party up and have what video games are, FUN. Thank you for your time.

Hello,

I totally understand your view but I wanted to give you some visibility on why these choices were made.
The reason why we removed the "non competitive public matchmaking" was to avoid to split the players in 2 lobbies and having problems with matchmaking.
The reason why we prevent to group in public matchmaking is to avoid people cheating the ranking.

The private matchmaking allows to play with your friends and to customize the gameplay you want (tracks, gameplay parameters etc...).
It's probably the best feature to use to play with your friends.

Regards,

AgentLoFi
05-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the reply eno, I don't want to sound disrespectful, but I have to ask, is it better to have a social playlist to keep casuals and novices playin or like I'm seeing now, have a high entry level into ranked where most novices or casuals just plain quit the game. It just seems that this ranked multi split the player base already. I just want as many people playing this game as possible. Thanks again.

Tomahog UK
05-14-2015, 06:58 PM
I have to agree with AgentLOFI. Multiplayer for me was a way of relaxing and having fun. I wasnt really fussed about winning. True skill was what the SP leaderboards were for.I know some average skilled players who mostly played MP because they where achieving something by climbing the leaderboards. I fear that some of these ppl may walk away from Trials. Im also in a team and we often played in a party and gained alot of new members. I feel that theres not much fun to be had in MP now.

TheBlazeJp
05-18-2015, 04:06 PM
I have to agree with AgentLOFI. Multiplayer for me was a way of relaxing and having fun. I wasnt really fussed about winning. True skill was what the SP leaderboards were for.I know some average skilled players who mostly played MP because they where achieving something by climbing the leaderboards. I fear that some of these ppl may walk away from Trials. Im also in a team and we often played in a party and gained alot of new members. I feel that theres not much fun to be had in MP now.

In My review thread I did note the importance i feel of having a searching system to match with similar skilled players.
This would also help with those who want to relax and have fun or those who are really new to Trials Fusion and not be paired against the best players who end up DNFing them or make the experience as such that the feel the need to quit out, lose motivation or not have as much fun as they could have.
Like in my thread having for example a matching gap of +/- 500 would go to great lengths to make the experience overall a little smoother I feel.

If x Player like Agent here or Toma has a rating of say 1600. The above would make it so that the max they would match against is 2100 and the lowest 1100.

As it stands a player who has a 2400+ rating can match against a 7 players with a rating of under the basic (1500).
I feel it could be improved on a little.

My suggestion is just an idea, as is the number. But I feel a +/- matching gap would do a lot of positives.

Tomahog UK
05-20-2015, 05:35 AM
In My review thread I did note the importance i feel of having a searching system to match with similar skilled players.
This would also help with those who want to relax and have fun or those who are really new to Trials Fusion and not be paired against the best players who end up DNFing them or make the experience as such that the feel the need to quit out, lose motivation or not have as much fun as they could have.
Like in my thread having for example a matching gap of +/- 500 would go to great lengths to make the experience overall a little smoother I feel.

If x Player like Agent here or Toma has a rating of say 1600. The above would make it so that the max they would match against is 2100 and the lowest 1100.

As it stands a player who has a 2400+ rating can match against a 7 players with a rating of under the basic (1500).
I feel it could be improved on a little.

My suggestion is just an idea, as is the number. But I feel a +/- matching gap would do a lot of positives.

Not a bad idea but i dont think theres enough players for this to work. some people would really struggle to find a game.

Tomahog UK
05-20-2015, 05:38 AM
Im not sure if this has been suggested before but would it be possible to have a MP leaderboard for Teams? The overall MP score of everybody in a team calculated into like a master score. I think this would give more incentive for players in teams to play more MP to get there Team up the leaderboard. Hope this makes sence. Cheerz.

skycamefalling84
06-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Hello there,

I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but in my opinion the public matchmaking contains way too little trials tracks and way too much X-Supercross tracks and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one thinking like that.

My suggestion is this: Either put more trials tracks in the map rotation OR, even better yet, have two different playlists, one for trials and one for X-Supercross. Maybe even a third for mixed?!

Apart from that, really awesome game you guys put together, keep it up! :-)

sonIccay
06-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Either put more trials tracks in the map rotation

No way. Impossible.

edit:
Its nearly one month ago, :nonchalance:. I was reading "... put more HARD trials tracks in the map rotation"

Few days ago i was driven about 6 games so 12 tracks and there was no more than one hard track in the pool.
Do i need a minimum of level to find more hard or even extreme tracks ?

brian_aka_brian
08-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Have a multiplayer mode with only hard and extreme tracks.

Vantier
10-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Private match scoring system improvement.

Problem = People DNF in ninja tracks receive no points, which means there is no competitive drive among the players in the match who are unable to finish the track, but nonetheless make easily measurable differences of progress on said track.

Solution = Add a scoring system that takes into account how far someone made it into a track before the ending timer expires.

mtomato_
12-30-2015, 12:49 PM
- Some form of an alert when a match has been made even when you're tabbed out (PC version). A flashing taskbar button is noticeable enough and is used by many multiplayer games.

- A viewable list of the current pool of tracks with the option to start playing them in SP mode (for practice). Knowing a track beforehand makes a huge difference. It can be easy to win even against top riders if you know an important (and easy to execute) time saver and they don't.
Currently if you want to practice these tracks, you have to get into a MP match, memorise the options and then search for them individually in Track Central, single player and online multiplayer private match with checkpoints turned off (this can make some tracks impossible if they don't reset after returning to the starting point).