PDA

View Full Version : Mission Creator Mode for Assassin's Creed: Unity?

phoenix-force411
06-17-2014, 11:50 PM
I'd like to see a "Mission Creator Mode" like in INFAMOUS 2 where you can make your own missions and the community can play it. It would really add variety to the game, and because it's Co-Op you can set the MAX players for the particular mission as well. You script the entire mission layout and the players can use tactics and other things to complete the mission.

SixKeys
06-18-2014, 12:43 AM
That would be awesome, but Ubisoft hasn't been known for allowing players to mod or otherwise tamper with their games. We did get Game Lab for the multiplayer with AC4 which had its limitations, but hopefully it's an indication we might get something similar for SP in the future.

phoenix-force411
06-18-2014, 12:45 AM
Bump! What do you guys think of this? Because the Animus can also do simulations like the Animus 2.0's Training Simulator, UBI can implement this to give more freedom to the players and share their missions with the community.

UniteUnderPower
06-18-2014, 12:47 AM
This is a great idea and would be amazing, but I highly doubt it will happen. All they would really have to do is expand upon the old Game Lab idea.

phoenix-force411
06-18-2014, 12:48 AM
That would be awesome, but Ubisoft hasn't been known for allowing players to mod or otherwise tamper with their games. We did get Game Lab for the multiplayer with AC4 which had its limitations, but hopefully it's an indication we might get something similar for SP in the future. The Co-op would get dull if there's nothing for friends to do but roam around with you or replay missions with you. I think this can solve that problem and add longevity to the game since Multiplayer is out of the question as well. GameLab was kind of poor and limited, and because there weren't enough mode layouts, creating old modes was impossible or flawed.

UniteUnderPower
06-18-2014, 12:49 AM
The Co-op would get dull if there's nothing for friends to do but roam around with you or replay missions with you. I think this can solve that problem and add longevity to the game since Multiplayer is out of the question as well. GameLab was kind of poor and limited, and because there weren't enough mode layouts, creating old modes was impossible or flawed.

I think the addition of multiplayer mini-games to do while exploring the lush city of Paris would be nice.

phoenix-force411
06-18-2014, 12:55 AM
I think the addition of multiplayer mini-games to do while exploring the lush city of Paris would be nice.
These would technically be mini-games or missions. If there are more cities that you can explore, it'd be even better too.

Sesheenku
06-18-2014, 01:09 AM

There's already a lot you can do if you're creative, horse races, parkour races, various stealth and combat challenges..

This is decent but I'd rather get the dev tools lol they'd never do that though. If I'm gonna mod I don't want their preset models or brush sections, I want to do it from scratch.

SpinoZillaEn
06-18-2014, 01:13 AM
That would be cool, and then you would have to put your own target maybe? :rolleyes:

Dome500
06-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Considering this game has Coop with limited missions and no mutiplayer this would definitely help the long-time motivation of the game.
So yes.

Ubisoft should generally release more map-editors, mission-editors and stuff, they should be more mod-friendly IMO.
I mean what the hell are they afraid of? They should just give us a mod-kit some time after release, that would support long-time motivation.

Ubisoft games have huge potential for mods but Ubisoft seems to be strictly against any form of mod, which is very disappointing to be honest since a lot of other games support mods.

phoenix-force411
06-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Considering this game has Coop with limited missions and no mutiplayer this would definitely help the long-time motivation of the game.
So yes.

Ubisoft should generally release more map-editors, mission-editors and stuff, they should be more mod-friendly IMO.
I mean what the hell are they afraid of? They should just give us a mod-kit some time after release, that would support long-time motivation.

Ubisoft games have huge potential for mods but Ubisoft seems to be strictly against any form of mod, which is very disappointing to be honest since a lot of other games support mods.

It should come at no surprise that they won't give us any sort of mod kit, or would they let us touch the dev tools. If they can give us something like a mission creator, I'd be pretty satisfied with how AC:U would turn out.