PDA

View Full Version : Game closing when a friend logs onto uplay

Krimzon82
06-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Every time a friend makes an action on Uplay my future Soldier closes as if I've hit exit game and I get the uplay "thanks for playing" message
this happens at any point in the game when a friend logs on / off uplay or starts / stops playing any of their games

I've tried the following with zero success:

disable all uplay notification/overlay/cloud (basically any option uplay gives me to change ive tried it in various combinations)
reinstalled both uplay and Future Soldier (ensuring all files are removed including saves)
installed on a fresh copy of windows with only updated drivers uplay and game
changed all game exe's to compatibility mode
removed friends and re added them
modified any setting I could find relating to friends on uplay web interface
unlinked social media and console profiles from account

I have several other uplay games Splinter Cell conviction / Blacklist , Farcry 3 , assassin's creed 3 .. none of these suffer from this issue

when the game runs it runs perfect 60+fps on default settings @ 1080p no issues at all till a friend does something.(plays a game etc)

If anyone can offer any help it would be much appreciated, Obviously an easy solution would be remove my friends sadly that's not an option as I play co-op with them on games that require them to be added

HeXXer26
06-17-2014, 01:16 AM
Hmm can't seem to find any sort of solution that you haven't already tried. It's a very strange problem to have lol.

Databyt
08-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Im having the same problem but maybe a bit different...

Everything is the same except that my game crashes after a minute after entering into the main menu. The game doesnt crash if my friend (who bought the game at the same time when i did) plays with me.

YorkyPudsy
06-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Every time a friend makes an action on Uplay my future Soldier closes as if I've hit exit game and I get the uplay "thanks for playing" message
this happens at any point in the game when a friend logs on / off uplay or starts / stops playing any of their games

Did you ever find an answer to this?
I'm getting exactly the same here. It's fine the other way around (their game doesn't crash when I login/launch the game/whatever).
Really stumped.

Thanks!

UPDATE: JUST FOUND SOMETHING THAT APPEARS TO AVOID THIS FOR NOW...
I've set Uplay to 'Offline' mode (via the cog/settings icon in the top-right), and then launched the game. We can still play together, but it hasn't (yet) crashed after a number of attempts with them logging in/out of Uplay & the game. So for now, I've set my Uplay to 'always start in offline mode' from the 'Network' section of the settings.
CLARIFICATION: (obviously?) in order to play together, whoever is set to 'offline' will need to do the inviting.

UPDATE 2: Well, this seemed to be working yesterday, but now when I'm set to offline I don't get the Shift+F2 overlay, and friend can no longer join me (despite receiving the invite & opting to connect) - it gives them error "connection was dropped". I'm starting to wonder if this is something to do with being on the same LAN. Back to being stumped!

UPDATE 3: Here's another method to try (this one is working for me now)...
Launch the game as normal, with Uplay online.
Once the game has started, ALT+TAB back to Uplay & go 'offline'.
This may give a warning that you should close your game first, but don't do that.
Instead, allow UPlay to force-quit.
The game will continue running, and you should still be able to invite friends to join your game.
The SHIFT+F2 Uplay overlay doesn't work though.