PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Tombs in Unity

bluudmoney
06-16-2014, 04:09 AM
I'm wondering since we will be able to explore the catacombs of Paris will there be assassin tombs like there were in ac2, brotherhood and revelations.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:14 AM
Dunno about tombs but I'm expecting something with the general idea of them down there.

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 04:21 AM
From what I understand, we'll be looking for clues left my Nostradamus in famous landmarks that will lead us to secret stuff. Maybe tombs, maybe not, but between the Nostradamus stuff and the catacombs I'm sure we'll be getting that vibe again.

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 04:22 AM
They've pandered to the 'zomg ac2 beeezt we need troo azsasin ageyn' crowd so yeah the same side missions in a game from 5 years ago are in there

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Demon Ghost easter eggs in the underground catacombs..calling it.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:26 AM
They've pandered to the 'zomg ac2 beeezt we need troo azsasin ageyn' crowd so yeah the same side missions in a game from 5 years ago are in there

You know you like it.

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 04:27 AM
You know you like it.

Yeah...

wvstolzing
06-16-2014, 04:28 AM
They've pandered to the 'zomg ac2 beeezt we need troo azsasin ageyn' crowd

I'm looking forward to the catacombs, as a proud member of that crowd.

Though maybe not that crowd, but the crowd that liked the Ezio 'platformers'.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:33 AM
I'm looking forward to the catacombs, as a proud member of that crowd.

Though maybe not that crowd, but the crowd that liked the Ezio 'platformers'.

Those tombs never get old and now our parkour has been changed, the challenges will likely be noticeably different.

wvstolzing
06-16-2014, 04:42 AM
Those tombs never get old and now our parkour has been changed, the challenges will likely be noticeably different.

I keep replaying them!!! and the music sets up an amazing atmosphere. The first time I played through AC2, I was going through those tombs towards the break of dawn, and getting spooked out. The same with the Subject 16 puzzles and 'the Truth' video; I confess to being honestly disturbed the first time I saw it.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:45 AM
I keep replaying them!!! and the music sets up an amazing atmosphere. The first time I played through AC2, I was going through those tombs towards the break of dawn, and getting spooked out. The same with the Subject 16 puzzles and 'the Truth' video; I confess to being honestly disturbed the first time I saw it.

They were beautiful rather than spooky for me.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 04:51 AM
I must admit the glyphs did freak me out the first time I played through them. I was kind of disturbed by the darkness of it and the creepy *** pictures and painting mixed with that eerie music. It gave me chills the first time I encountered it. Mostly because it just took me by surprise I wasn't expecting anything that dark in my AC at the time. Honestly. And Clays creepy jumbled voice and scrambled thoughts talking fast and screaming. Really made it creepier.

The tombs on the other hand I didn't find scary I thought they we're beautiful and fun to explore. Mostly since it was our only way to see indoors of major landmarks back in those days lol

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:56 AM
I must admit the glyphs did freak me out the first time I played through them. I was kind of disturbed by the darkness of it and the creepy *** pictures and painting mixed with that eerie music. It gave me chills the first time I encountered it. Mostly because it just took me by surprise I wasn't expecting anything that dark in my AC at the time. Honestly. And Clays creepy jumbled voice and scrambled thoughts talking fast and screaming. Really made it creepier.

The tombs on the other hand I didn't find scary I thought they we're beautiful and fun to explore. Mostly since it was our only way to see indoors of major landmarks back in those days lol

I've watched enough horror movies and played enough horror games to have grown a thick skin for that stuff.

It's my favorite movie genre, particularly ghost horror.

It'll be nice to be able to visit 1 out of every 4 buildings now. There's a massive treasure chest in one of the demos.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 05:26 AM
Yeah it came as a jolt to me back then when AC2 came out I wasn't expecting it. I also wasn't used to scary stuff. Horror was never my thing and still isn't. 1 because I don't find it entertaining or pleasant to be scared. And 2 because I find most horror movies to be fairly simplistic plots that are really just very poor set ups/excuses for a long series of jump scares. For example a character turns around and a scary ghost face appears on screen with really loud scary music or it's screaming or saying something in an eerie voice(a la the conjuring or Insidious). Or for a long series of drawn out and suspenseful gratuitous gore scenes(a la anything from the Saw series or Hostel).

So I'm not a very big horror fan. Never got in to it. I find it tends to just be overrated cheap thrills with very little satisfying plot.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:31 AM
Yeah it came as a jolt to me back then when AC2 came out I wasn't expecting it. I also wasn't used to scary stuff. Horror was never my thing and still isn't. 1 because I don't find it entertaining or pleasant to be scared. And 2 because I find most horror movies to be fairly simplistic plots that are really just very poor set ups/excuses for a long series of jump scares. For example a character turns around and a scary ghost face appears on screen with really loud scary music or it's screaming or saying something in an eerie voice(a la the conjuring or Insidious). Or for a long series of drawn out and suspenseful gratuitous gore scenes(a la anything from the Saw series or Hostel).

So I'm not a very big horror fan. Never got in to it. I find it tends to just be overrated cheap thrills with very little satisfying plot.

Precisely why I watch only slow burn old fashioned ghost horror that revolves around building atmosphere and tension. That jump scare **** doesn't leave a lasting enough impact on me, I want to be afraid to look at the screen at every turn because the atmosphere is so well created that I can feel the heaviness of the air.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 05:34 AM
Precisely why I watch only slow burn old fashioned ghost horror that revolves around building atmosphere and tension. That jump scare **** doesn't leave a lasting enough impact on me, I want to be afraid to look at the screen at every turn because the atmosphere is so well created that I can feel the heaviness of the air.

Well yeah I kind of like the ghost horror movies. But really those seem more like thrillers to me than horrors. I never really feel scared watching something like that but I feel very suspenseful. Constantly anticipating something. And usually something completely blows me away. I feel like a good example of this would be the sixth sense. One of my personal favorite movies in that type of genre.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Well yeah I kind of like the ghost horror movies. But really those seem more like thrillers to me than horrors. I never really feel scared watching something like that but I feel very suspenseful. Constantly anticipating something. And usually something completely blows me away. I feel like a good example of this would be the sixth sense. One of my personal favorite movies in that type of genre.

Some recent favorites of mine were Grave Encounters, The Woman in Black, The Conjuring, The Innkeepers, The Ward, etc.

I'm derailing the crap out of this thread though lol so I'll leave it at that.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 05:48 AM
True.....more on topic..... I wonder if we will have to find an assassins bones. Or some other important person among the bones and skulls in the caticombs using eagle sense to find the right one? That would be interesting. To make the clues hidden in plain sight throughout the world for you to figure out and move in to the next using your detective skills like Sherlock Holmes/Indiana Jones/or Nick Cage from national treasure? Idk I thing that would be a pretty cool way to do it rather than the old platformers route like were playing Mario bros circa 1989. Kind of make it a treasure hunter/mystery aspect to the game. Which honestly seems like what they're going for given the new murder mysteries and such.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:54 AM
True.....more on topic..... I wonder if we will have to find an assassins bones. Or some other important person among the bones and skulls in the caticombs using eagle sense to find the right one? That would be interesting. To make the clues hidden in plain sight throughout the world for you to figure out and move in to the next using your detective skills like Sherlock Holmes/Indiana Jones/or Nick Cage from national treasure? Idk I thing that would be a pretty cool way to do it rather than the old platformers route like were playing Mario bros circa 1989. Kind of make it a treasure hunter/mystery aspect to the game. Which honestly seems like what they're going for given the new murder mysteries and such.

Who knows, I don't want them to totally remove the parkour challenges those types of areas offer. It seems like we have a lot of detective type work though which is cool, AC3 only touched upon such elements in a light manner and mostly in unsatisfying ways.

wvstolzing
06-16-2014, 06:18 AM
They were beautiful rather than spooky for me.

Sure----just to clarify: The *settings* were beautiful indeed; it was what I was doing (climbing into places I wasn't supposed to be), all the secrets, etc., that was giving me the 'creeps'.

Ureh
06-16-2014, 07:14 AM
Yep most of the tombs and lairs in Ezio's trilogy had a very immersive atmosphere... like you were transported into a another world in a world.

That Joan d'Arc scream scared me the first time. On a subsequent playthrough I forgot it would happen and spooked me again. :p

wvstolzing
06-16-2014, 07:23 AM
That Joan d'Arc scream scared me the first time. On a subsequent playthrough I forgot it would happen and spooked me again. :p

Oh yes, the scream...

How about the hidden 'THEY TOOK IT' in all caps, on the crucified Jesus?

not to mention, that such conspiracy & 'hidden history' stuff always creeps me out, no matter how blatantly implausible and silly. What if the most basic certainties of your life *really* are lies, and that the truth is a lot more insane that you could possibly imagine?

I mean, just entertain for a moment, the slightest possibility that THIS GUY may have made ONE true claim:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19784797/Tsoukalos_NOLA_Comic_Con_2012_A.JPG

.... and tell me that you don't get a lump in your throat, hairs standing out, and so on.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Oh yes, the scream...

How about the hidden 'THEY TOOK IT' in all caps, on the crucified Jesus?

not to mention, that such conspiracy & 'hidden history' stuff always creeps me out, no matter how blatantly implausible and silly. What if the most basic certainties of your life *really* are lies, and that the truth is a lot more insane that you could possibly imagine?

I mean, just entertain for a moment, the slightest possibility that THIS GUY may have made ONE true claim:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19784797/Tsoukalos_NOLA_Comic_Con_2012_A.JPG

.... and tell me that you don't get a lump in your throat, hairs standing out, and so on.

We kill people who talk like that dude. Kindly go back to living under your apple of eden illusion like the rest of us and no harm will befall you.

m4r-k7
06-16-2014, 10:35 AM
I wonder if there will be some sort of "ultimate" outfit for Arno for completing all treasure hunts. For example, Altairs outfit in AC 2, Brutos armour in AC B, Ishak pasha outfit in AC R etc

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 10:37 AM
I wonder if there will be some sort of "ultimate" outfit for Arno for completing all treasure hunts. For example, Altairs outfit in AC 2, Brutos armour in AC B, Ishak pasha outfit in AC R etc

Probably not an outfit with universal max stats or anything, but the Nostradamus missions kinda sound like they're leading up to some cool unlockable gear/weapons.

GunnerGalactico
06-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Yep most of the tombs and lairs in Ezio's trilogy had a very immersive atmosphere... like you were transported into a another world in a world.

I especially loved exploring the Assassin tombs, some of the catacombs had a "Prince of Persia" feel to them.

I also felt that some of the glyphs were freaky and eerie :p

Farlander1991
06-16-2014, 11:32 AM

Since customization is important in ACU, outfits won't follow a 'linear progression' as Ezio's armor in AC2-ACR does, so in that sense I don't think there will be an 'ultimate outfit' (it would render the whole customization deal useless). But I'm pretty sure you'll be rewarded for treasure hunts.

wvstolzing
06-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Since customization is important in ACU, outfits won't follow a 'linear progression' as Ezio's armor in AC2-ACR does, so in that sense I don't think there will be an 'ultimate outfit' (it would render the whole customization deal useless). But I'm pretty sure you'll be rewarded for treasure hunts.

Still, there could be a couple of 'most powerful' armors, in a couple of categories (maximizing this or that skill, or 'armor points', or whatever).

As long as there are *interesting* side quests associated with each, and the *timing is right* (not too late in the storyline (ACB), or too early (ACR)), they could work fine.

roostersrule2
06-16-2014, 01:04 PM
From what I understand, we'll be looking for clues left my Nostradamus in famous landmarks that will lead us to secret stuff. Maybe tombs, maybe not, but between the Nostradamus stuff and the catacombs I'm sure we'll be getting that vibe again.That's the kind of stuff I want in AC.

That mysterious **** that used to surround the franchise pre-ACR. There used to be two or three threads a day about TWCB, or the previous games ending or the blood in AC1, but now there's nothing. It's one of the main things the earlier games have over the newer ones.

As for Nostradamus, well he was a pretty strange guy with all his premonitions and stuff, perhaps they were because of a POE?

Dome500
06-17-2014, 06:47 PM
I'd love to have tombs back, was very sad to not see them represented in AC3 and AC4

Rugterwyper32
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM

Honestly, that sort of stuff would be great.
That reminds me that Ubisoft missed such a great opportunity to have Connor meet a Nic Cage voiced character who was considering stealing the declaration of independence. C'mon, it would've been amazing! Gimme my Philly DLC with stealing the declaration of independence include it that I dreamed of!

Ok, no, I know it's not happening but that day I woke up and stayed frustrated all day it wasn't real.