PDA

View Full Version : AC: Unity is a great installment but...

n00bfi_97
06-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Hey guys,

Now, usually I don't post on these forums, but recently after E3, I feel I have an important point to make.

The gameplay presented was great, except the HUD was off so I'm assuming the game will be a lot uglier when you actually play it. A similar thing happened with Watch_Dogs; it's a great game, I'm sure AC:Unity will be too, but it won't be able to live up to its hype either, especially since the hype is boosted by ACSP fanbois.

We all know how bad the MP in Watch_Dogs is, and how bad the ACMP can be as well. The point I would like to make is that all the resources going into making SP make MP worse. The Singleplayer campaign completely ruins the MP, which is the focus of the AC franchise. Look at AC2, since they focused so much on SP that they couldn't even introduce the MP and had to delay it till ACB.

TL;DR: SP ruins MP, what do you think Ubi should do to remedy this?

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 12:07 AM
....................wat

but they're being merged. it's already being remedied...

Phoenixfire_LP
06-16-2014, 12:08 AM
I see what you did there

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 12:09 AM
http://youtu.be/ztVMib1T4T4

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Nobody cares about the old MP. Good riddance to it and naval missions.

Go play a real MP game son.

velocitea
06-16-2014, 12:21 AM
....................wat

but they're being merged. it's already being remedied...

"Merged"? Lol co-op =/= sp+mp. Have you ever even played the mp?

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 12:22 AM
Yes.

Co-op is still techinically multiplayer.

It's just a different style.

It's not competative.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Yes.

It's not competative.

I thought this kind of SP players vs MP players stuff only happened on MMO's lol.

THIS GAME WAS MADE BASED ON PVE!!! GO TAKE YOUR E-PEEN ELSEWHERE!!!

THIS GAME WAS MADE BASED ON PVP!!! GO TAKE YOUR PANSY GOBLIN SMACKING ELSEWHERE!!!

NO YOU STUPID OVER COMPETITIVE BRUTE!!!!

NO YOU STUPID PANSY GOBLIN HUGGER!!!!

Good times.

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 12:35 AM
nah when I go to the Far Cry forum most of them are talking about Multiplayer and the Map editor and basically no one wants to talk about the single player even though that's what most people buy it for nowadays.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 12:38 AM
nah when I go to the Far Cry forum most of them are talking about Multiplayer and the Map editor and basically no one wants to talk about the single player even though that's what most people buy it for nowadays.

Inversely what's the most popular game in this series?

AC2.

It's simple, some games have an MP that appeals more than another games MP.

For example I won't PvP in those MMO's that have CD's and skill cycles where you and the other player just go up to each other and click the same skills in and endless cycle while spamming your potions like a drunken bastard and seeing who happens to win.

Dag_B
06-16-2014, 12:40 AM
You realize that the classical competitive multiplayer got killed?
In my opinion the best way to handle this multiplayer. Wasn't fun to me.

Wolfmeister1010
06-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Whenever someone says "we all know" followed by some opinion..it really freaking pisses me off..as if they are the divine voice of all our combined opinions, or as if their opinion is the OBVIOUS correct answer.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 12:50 AM
Whenever someone says "we all know" followed by some opinion..it really freaking pisses me off..as if they are the divine voice of all our combined opinions, or as if their opinion is the OBVIOUS correct answer.

If I wanted to be an *** I'd say typical PvP community type ****.

velocitea
06-16-2014, 12:58 AM
Yes.

It's not competative.

I guess I shldve clarified that Unity co-op =/= ACSP + ACMP. It's a "style" that while may be interesting, is never going to replace the adversarial mp for us long time fans. It's a shame they gave up on something so unique and went the typical sp --> co-op route.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 01:01 AM
@velocitea

ah ok that makes more sense.

I never understood the appeal, but tbh I don't find most competative multiplayer online appealing.

Aside from maybe kid icarus or smash bros multiplayer

STDlyMcStudpants
06-16-2014, 04:17 AM
what..did i..just...read.....
MP wasnt in AC2 because it was too late... MP was thought up during production of AC 3 and they used Ezios popularity to introduce this new concept....
AC SP and MP were completely separate things...
Made by completely separate studios..
They no longer are.. and while i will miss MP.. I dont mind getting a more fleshed out sp in its place...

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:25 AM
MP wasnt in AC2 because it was too late... MP was thought up during production of AC 3 and they used Ezios popularity to introduce this new concept....
They no longer are.. and while i will miss MP.. I dont mind getting a more fleshed out sp in its place...

If you think about it this MP will be FAR less restrictive. You and your friends can explore Paris so the options are open, you can start your own hide and seek games now, you could mess around and toss each other off of high buildings, you could gather **** tons of guards and try to kill them all.

What they really did with the MP was remove all the restrictions and the actual nature of physically killing an opponent, now you can be creative and make up challenges with your friends.

Explore the catacombs, the sewers, knock each other off Notre Dame, take on absurd amounts of guards, set up races, set up stealth challenges, ****.. anything you can think of really.

Dag_B
06-16-2014, 06:20 AM
They might become again, as they already said that it's possible, that they'll add it later. Which also means, it's still possible that it'll return in the next Assassin's Creed.
It also makes my wonder why it isn't seen positive that you do not have to buy the new Assassin's Creed as a MP fan, as the last MP-Game isn't obsolete yet. You'll still find plenty of matches as everyone is still using Black Flag.

deskp
06-16-2014, 06:23 AM
The gameplay presented was great, except the HUD was off so I'm assuming the game will be a lot uglier when you actually play it.

A similar thing happened with Watch_Dogs; it's a great game, I'm sure AC:Unity will be too, but it won't be able to live up to its hype either.

In ac games you can turn off the HUD elements you don't want to see.

Watch dogs showed of a prototype of waht they hoped next gen could achieve 2 years ahead of its release. AcU showed off a gameplay demo 4 months ahead of release

And if you want to make a point about multiplayer in a game that does not have it well.. there is coop but i dont believe you are tlaking about that. Either way if you really want to talk about the nonexcisten multiplayer and how bad the singleplayer will make it go to the multiplayer forum or something.

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 06:25 AM
comet will have competitive MP I'm sure

Dag_B
06-16-2014, 06:30 AM
Not sure. Why would they think about adding it later to Unity if Comet has one? You do not split your MP-Community like that.
My guess is, there simply was no time to reinvent the multiplayer too (and one has to, as it needs to use at least the new parcour system).

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Because Comet is probably running on the AC3/AC4 engine and game mechanics

Dag_B
06-16-2014, 06:48 AM
If it comes out later it would be weird to reintroduce the old parcour system. Not like the last gen couldn't handle parcour up/down buttons. ^^

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 06:54 AM
If it comes out later it would be weird to reintroduce the old parcour system. Not like the last gen couldn't handle parcour up/down buttons. ^^

Well it wouldn't be a reintroduction to those stuck in last gen now would it? ;P

MasterAssasin84
06-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Hey guys,

Now, usually I don't post on these forums, but recently after E3, I feel I have an important point to make.

The gameplay presented was great, except the HUD was off so I'm assuming the game will be a lot uglier when you actually play it. A similar thing happened with Watch_Dogs; it's a great game, I'm sure AC:Unity will be too, but it won't be able to live up to its hype either, especially since the hype is boosted by ACSP fanbois.

We all know how bad the MP in Watch_Dogs is, and how bad the ACMP can be as well. The point I would like to make is that all the resources going into making SP make MP worse. The Singleplayer campaign completely ruins the MP, which is the focus of the AC franchise. Look at AC2, since they focused so much on SP that they couldn't even introduce the MP and had to delay it till ACB.

You are aware its pre alpha so not the final product these concerns are being remedied.

Slain_X
06-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Nobody cares about the old MP. Good riddance to it and naval missions.

Go play a real MP game son.

Could you, please, tell me what 's the name of real MP game ?

velocitea
06-16-2014, 02:00 PM

COD. lmfao :rolleyes:

@Mayrice
Yeah the mp is not for everyone, it has a pretty steep learning curve, and as it is it cld never be 100% competitive with all the bugs/glitches and whatnot. But still, there's a surprisingly dedicated community of fans behind it.

AherasSTRG
06-16-2014, 02:06 PM
The OP is CLUELESS. He has no idea what's with AC's multiplayer:

-- First of all, the idea for the competitive multiplayer came after the release of Assassin's Creed 2, while Assassin's Creed 3 was already in developement.
-- Secondly, the multiplayer part of the previous game was created by a completely different studio than those that were creating the single-player part of the game and on another budget. The developement of the single-player campaign could not affect the multiplayer, because the people and the recourses used for those 2 were completely different
-- How can you compare the hype created from Ubisoft for Watch Dogs, which was being advertised for 2 years straight with the hype they are going to created for Unity, which is out in only 4 months!

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 02:09 PM
The Multiplayer felt like Mario Party minigames.

Not sure how people could get invested but ah well.

steveeire
06-16-2014, 02:13 PM
http://youtu.be/ztVMib1T4T4
This

Slain_X
06-16-2014, 02:19 PM
cod. Lmfao :rolleyes:

@mayrice
yeah the mp is not for everyone, it has a pretty steep learning curve, and as it is it cld never be 100% competitive with all the bugs/glitches and whatnot. But still, there's a surprisingly dedicated community of fans behind it.

try again ....

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 04:13 PM

"we all know"

"let's be real"

"I mean, come on.."

"Admit it.."

Whenever you see one or more of these phrases being used, beware. OP is about to load his completely subjective opinion on your head and pass it off as universal truth.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 04:23 PM
"we all know"

"let's be real"

"I mean, come on.."

"Admit it.."

Whenever you see one or more of these phrases being used, beware. OP is about to load his completely subjective opinion on your head and pass it off as universal truth.

Admit it. I mean, come on let's be real. We all know what you say isn't true. :rolleyes:

STDlyMcStudpants
06-16-2014, 05:23 PM
comet will have competitive MP I'm sure

Actually I would bet ANYTHING that there is no online component at all in Comet..
I actually think comet will be a standalone AC4 DLC that they decided to add a little bit more to and put on disc kind of like brotherhood..perhaps introduce some stuff in the unity world.. but i HIGHLY doubt with the size of ACU, that ACC will get as much attention and care... I dont see ubisoft spending money on new servers for hardware they are moving on from
UNLESSS
ACComet is like a story of all 4 assassins so far and they just merge mp from AB to AC 4 all to one spot :D (as in maps and a few fan fave characters from each)

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:24 PM

Chill out I was just trolling. Successfully I see.

That said, I don't play PvP in games that only add it as an afterthought. If I want PvP I look for a game that has combat I like with a game that is focused on PvP for the best results.

You simply can't deny that the focus is vitally important to the quality of a PvP game. When all patches, content, level design, and the like are made in mind with PvP first then you reach a game that exemplifies PvP in the best way imo.

GunZ the Duel comes to mind with it's ridiculously high and unfriendly skill level, you think AC PvP is hard? Try to master some of the skills in that one ;P.

Ferrith
06-16-2014, 05:28 PM
TL;DR: SP ruins MP
AC started as a SP game, with MP being added later. So, the statement that SP "ruins" MP is not true.

what do you think Ubi should do to remedy this?
What I think Ubisoft should do if they are to bring adversarial MP back [not "remedy" mind you], is they reboot the whole MP concept and invest time and money to have dedicated servers, redesign it from scratch, and apply a really good anti-cheating system. Punkbuster, as an anti-cheat application, is just a joke, because, to all cheaters' delight, it can't even detect Cheat Engine.

velocitea
06-16-2014, 08:06 PM
try again ....

Excuse me? Try what again? Should I wave in your face the thousands of psn players alone, on top of that the hundreds of youtubers, the twitter community, the forum community, the players still going back to AC Brotherhood, organized tournaments (with prizes!), regular scrims, oh and not to mention just playing for fun...? Unless you've actually played the game at at least a semi-competitive level you really have no business telling anyone to "try again."

Or perhaps you're asking me to "try again" in guessing why you don't care for the mp, because of the "steep learning curve" statement; maybe you took it as a personal insult? Sorry if you hopped onto the mp hoping for a "point and hit square/x" type gameplay, which while it is on the surface, anyone who's played any of the games and has a higher than 20% win ratio can tell you that there's a heavy psychological aspect and out thinking your opponent required. Of course if you only tried the newest installment I can *almost* understand, since the pullbacks, lag, matchmaking, screen tearing etc especially on last gen consoles is a bit ridiculous. Why doesn't Ubisoft "try again" - to make an adversarial mp that appeals to us veterans as well as newer players so they don't get turned off immediately when they accidentally get thrown into a competitive lobby.

Why doesn't Ubisoft also "try again" to make a sp as appealing as AC1 or AC2? I really hope Unity has a good sp (and for the record I definitely will be buying it), because after Brotherhood they've failed to hold my attention for more than a few hours. AC3 was a joke; AC4 was just boring. I'm tired of the "eavesdrop on this incredibly boring conversation" and "tail the guy who will randomly stop and turn back to stare at you in the middle of the street" type missions. Revelations got a lot of hate (personally I really liked it), but at least it tried to bring something new to the table in the form of bombs, tower defense etc.

TL;DR: I hope AC unity has a great sp, really I do. But I wish Ubisoft would fix its mp to make it equally appealing to newer players & vets alike, because it's a breath of fresh air in this world dominated by shooters.

n00bfi_97
06-16-2014, 10:17 PM

The OP is CLUELESS. He has no idea what's with AC's multiplayer:

-- First of all, the idea for the competitive multiplayer came after the release of Assassin's Creed 2, while Assassin's Creed 3 was already in developement.
-- Secondly, the multiplayer part of the previous game was created by a completely different studio than those that were creating the single-player part of the game and on another budget. The developement of the single-player campaign could not affect the multiplayer, because the people and the recourses used for those 2 were completely different
-- How can you compare the hype created from Ubisoft for Watch Dogs, which was being advertised for 2 years straight with the hype they are going to created for Unity, which is out in only 4 months!

Um, I don't think so. Admit it, the dev team saw the potential MP right after ACI. As for separate studios, that's a largely false notion. After all, the SP fans (understandably) say the same, MP ruins SP except they have it the wrong way round.

The Multiplayer felt like Mario Party minigames.

Not sure how people could get invested but ah well.

We all can see it's obvious you've never been a competitive lobby before... But I still feel as if I should address this worrying concern of yours.

On the surface, this MP can seem quite simple. After, it's just a "Kill this person", much like Assassin contracts in the SP, except you have a compass. In that regard, the MP appears to be even easier because you have a compass to find your target, unlike in SP. The assassination missions in ACSP can be really hard (not all the time, some are quite easy imho) especially since the AI in AC is a lot smarter compared to other games.

A game that comes to mind with inferior AI compared to AC4 would be Dark Souls 2. That game eugh... Anyways, that's besides the point. Like I was saying, the SP -can- be far more difficult than the MP. For example, recently I tried clearing all the Borgia towers without being detected and my God O_O

The AI really stood out there. In some games for example, you'll climb a roof and slowly walk towards a rifleman that was posted there, fully decked out in armour and weaponry, and instead of raising the alarm, he'll stare at you in exasperation, gesticulating with his arms wildly as the SSL metre increases excruciatingly slowly until you're quite literally in his face killing him. His allies which were posted the building will merely say, "What happened here? Must've been my imagination." In other games, you can slaughter 50 guards and run away, and sit down on a bench for example, with your bloody sword at hand and they won't be able to detect you. You can kill someone with a crossbow and then walk into the crowd, and the guards will just investigate the body and search the crowd, completely ignoring you, the guy with the hood and crossbow on his back.

Thankfully, ACSP doesn't have any of these problems. This is demonstrated by my above (attempted) endeavour of trying to stealthily clear out the Borgia towers, and gosh was it difficult. The paths of guard groups were not at all scripted and impossible to memorise, since it was most definitely randomised. Guard posts are almost never in the same place every time, and they are extremely aware, more aware than in MP. It was quite difficult and I felt as I won't be able to complete the challenge unless I have played through each AC campaign roughly 70 times individually!!! In this respect, the ACSP campaign is a lot more random than 8 person MP lobbies. Imo the MP players are a lot more predictable than the unscripted guards in the ACSP and are more aware than them.

All of the above shows how much more difficult, challenging and non-stagnant the SP is compared to the MP, which imho is unfair since the MP was the main focus of the franchise since ACB.

I mean, come on, it's frustrating to see the potential of this MP ruined by the unnecessary effort given into making ACSP! Don't get me wrong, I like the SP and I'm really hyped for AC:Unity (especiialy with the Co-op and new combat) just like every other AC game, plus the graphics are to die for.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Um, I don't think so. Admit it, the dev team saw the potential MP right after ACI. As for separate studios, that's a largely false notion. After all, the SP fans (understandably) say the same, MP ruins SP except they have it the wrong way round.

We all can see it's obvious you've never been a competitive lobby before... But I still feel as if I should address this worrying concern of yours.

On the surface, this MP can seem quite simple. After, it's just a "Kill this person", much like Assassin contracts in the SP, except you have a compass. In that regard, the MP appears to be even easier because you have a compass to find your target, unlike in SP. The assassination missions in ACSP can be really hard (not all the time, some are quite easy imho) especially since the AI in AC is a lot smarter compared to other games.

A game that comes to mind with inferior AI compared to AC4 would be Dark Souls 2. That game eugh... Anyways, that's besides the point. Like I was saying, the SP -can- be far more difficult than the MP. For example, recently I tried clearing all the Borgia towers without being detected and my God O_O

The AI really stood out there. In some games for example, you'll climb a roof and slowly walk towards a rifleman that was posted there, fully decked out in armour and weaponry, and instead of raising the alarm, he'll stare at you in exasperation, gesticulating with his arms wildly as the SSL metre increases excruciatingly slowly until you're quite literally in his face killing him. His allies which were posted the building will merely say, "What happened here? Must've been my imagination." In other games, you can slaughter 50 guards and run away, and sit down on a bench for example, with your bloody sword at hand and they won't be able to detect you. You can kill someone with a crossbow and then walk into the crowd, and the guards will just investigate the body and search the crowd, completely ignoring you, the guy with the hood and crossbow on his back.

Thankfully, ACSP doesn't have any of these problems. This is demonstrated by my above (attempted) endeavour of trying to stealthily clear out the Borgia towers, and gosh was it difficult. The paths of guard groups were not at all scripted and impossible to memorise, since it was most definitely randomised. Guard posts are almost never in the same place every time, and they are extremely aware, more aware than in MP. It was quite difficult and I felt as I won't be able to complete the challenge unless I have played through each AC campaign roughly 70 times individually!!! In this respect, the ACSP campaign is a lot more random than 8 person MP lobbies. Imo the MP players are a lot more predictable than the unscripted guards in the ACSP and are more aware than them.

All of the above shows how much more difficult, challenging and non-stagnant the SP is compared to the MP, which imho is unfair since the MP was the main focus of the franchise since ACB.

I mean, come on, it's frustrating to see the potential of this MP ruined by the unnecessary effort given into making ACSP! Don't get me wrong, I like the SP and I'm really hyped for AC:Unity (especiialy with the Co-op and new combat) just like every other AC game, plus the graphics are to die for.

Main focus whut? Buddy if the MP was the main focus then there would be no need to have the option to play a SP campaign.

Let's not kid ourselves here, MP isn't the main focus and has never been, it was added to hopefully extend the life of the game after players had enjoyed the SP more than enough.

Co-Op is obviously going to be better than the old MP for the reasons you just described in high detail, because in SP you can have more stuff going on. No longer are their stupid restrictive game types, now you and your friends make your own games. You invent your own competitions.

The very nature of a PvP games requires some things to be simplified for the PvP itself to be deep, challenging, balanced, and enough to make a player keep coming back. In this case it's smaller maps, with a focus on the players who create their own situations based on the rules given, rules placed to keep balance. Gametypes are created to make it EASY to spark competition, not because you can't compete with people without it.

Honestly you sound like every other biased PvP fanatic in every game EVER, in some ridiculous illusion that your preferred mode is the main point or focus despite evidence that you clearly know pointing the complete opposite way.

I like PvP but I'm not delusional enough to go play a PvP based game and tell them that PvE is the main focus when it clearly isn't or vice versa for that matter.

AC has always been SP focused, they saw MP could add a little longevity to the game and add a little fun so they added it. PvP requires that you eschew all unnecessary elements which unfortunately for PvP are the very elements that make a game more than just a game. Story, character, setting, and the effort to make those things feel real and alive.

It's quite literally the difference between a game and an experience and hardly anybody these days just wants to play a game, we've been spoiled too long, mere competition is not enough for most, we crave an experience, something to get lost in.

Oh and btw, here's a tip for the Borgia towers, there's always a path of least resistance, always a better spot to enter the tower.

How do I know? Oh I've only done each one about 60 times each at the minimum.

Dome500
06-16-2014, 11:43 PM
The OP is trolling us I am 95% sure.

He/She kind of exaggerates a lot here, sounds like he/she does it on purpose.

Mp the main focus, lol, with almost no changes over the course except of maps, customization and game modes....
Where do the locations come from? Singleplayer
Where do the characters come from? Singleplayer
Time Period? Singleplyer
Mechanics? Singleplayer

And then someone tell me mp was EVER the focus.
I mean come on, you can't be serious....

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 12:04 AM

Mp the main focus, lol, with almost no changes over the course except of maps, customization and game modes....
Time Period? Singleplyer
Mechanics? Singleplayer

I somewhat think so but there's PvP players all over MMORPG's that are just as oblivious and pompous.

AherasSTRG
06-17-2014, 12:24 AM

How is it largely a false notion?
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Single Player was developed by Ubisoft Montreal, while Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer was developed by Ubisoft Annecy:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Brotherhood#Development

Assassin's Creed Revelations Single Player was developed by Ubisoft Montreal, while Assassin's Creed Revelations Multiplayer was co-developed by Ubisoft Annecy and Ubisoft Bucharest:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Revelations#Multiplayer

Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player was co-developed by 4 different Ubisoft studios, being led by Ubisoft Montreal, while Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplayer was developed by Ubisoft Annecy:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_III#Multiplayer

Assassin's Creed 4 Single Player was co-developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Singapore, Sofia, Annecy, Kiev, Quebec City, Bucharest and Montpellier, while Assassin's Creed 4 Multiplayer was developed by Ubisoft Toronto (if I remember correctly).

No Multiplayer mode (or maybe only Black Flag's) was developed on the same studio and on the same budget as the single player game. And how the heck can I admit something I have no knowledge about?

The OP is obviously a troll.

Ferrith
06-17-2014, 01:29 AM

Time Period? Singleplyer
Mechanics? Singleplayer

No, he is not trolling. He has been a passionate AC MP player for a very long time, and he is probably very upset by the recent turn of events, the fact Co-op has replaced adversarial MP that is.
I won't say anything about his logic though.

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 02:08 AM
No, he is not trolling. He has been a passionate AC MP player for a very long time, and he is probably very upset by the recent turn of events, the fact Co-op has replaced adversarial MP that is.
I won't say anything about his logic though.

Hitler was also passionate.

He should stay his tongue if it's going to allow ******** to dribble down.

Be upset about it, that's fine but don't go an tell people it's the main focus, especially not when you make a massive post that is essentially a compilation of all the evidence needed to prove otherwise.

UniteUnderPower
06-17-2014, 02:56 AM
They've already fixed the multiplayer with this installment though...

EDIT: Single-player RUINS multiplayer? Wat

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 03:08 AM
They've already fixed the multiplayer with this installment though...

Honestly now you can just make your own competitions, me and a few other members thought up a list of like 10 or so things you could do to compete with friends. What they've done is remove restrictive game types and stabbing other Assassins.

UniteUnderPower
06-17-2014, 03:17 AM
Honestly now you can just make your own competitions, me and a few other members thought up a list of like 10 or so things you could do to compete with friends. What they've done is remove restrictive game types and stabbing other Assassins.

Exactly. All it takes is some creativity. I would take an open-ended co-op mode over a series of limited, restricting versus modes any day. I say that it's well worth the sacrifice.

On a side note: Does anyone get a serious AC: Brotherhood feel from Unity? Introducing a new multiplayer, the brotherhood missions, etc.?

Hopefully the story is much longer and deeper, as well as the game much better in general because Brotherhood was one of my least favorite AC games.

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 03:28 AM
Exactly. All it takes is some creativity. I would take an open-ended co-op mode over a series of limited, restricting versus modes any day. I say that it's well worth the sacrifice.

On a side note: Does anyone get a serious AC: Brotherhood feel from Unity? Introducing a new multiplayer, the brotherhood missions, etc.?

Hopefully the story is much longer and deeper, as well as the game much better in general because Brotherhood was one of my least favorite AC games.

Nah I'm getting more of an AC1 vibe, fresh start, stealth focus, thin character, parkour looks awesome as it did when we first saw it on commercials.

UniteUnderPower
06-17-2014, 03:42 AM
Nah I'm getting more of an AC1 vibe, fresh start, stealth focus, thin character, parkour looks awesome as it did when we first saw it on commercials.

I see where you're getting the AC1 vibe, but I also definitely have some Brotherhood vibes thrown in as well.

Ferrith
06-17-2014, 03:49 AM
Be upset about it, that's fine but don't go an tell people it's the main focus, especially not when you make a massive post that is essentially a compilation of all the evidence needed to prove otherwise.
This is exactly what I meant when I refused to comment on his logic.

P.S. Since you mentioned Hitler, there is video by hard-core MP fans on Youtube regarding the lack of adversarial MP in Unity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evp0OTN7ub0
LOL

Hopefully the story is much longer and deeper
I just hope the story is really, really good this time around. AC IV:Black Flag was the most boring, story-wise, in the series. At least for me. It was the first AC game I never finished, neither do I intend to.

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 03:50 AM
I see where you're getting the AC1 vibe, but I also definitely have some Brotherhood vibes thrown in as well.

Well there's no recruits anymore really, you did missions for the brotherhood in AC1 as well since you were always part of the brotherhood, unlike brotherhood Unity doesn't seem to have recruits, the other assassins are really there for co-op, to be your friends arno with a random face lol.

That's why I don't say brotherhood. New MP and being in Europe is mainly it's two common factors with ACB whereas the brotherhood is more like the AC1 version where you don't merely send in recruits to just come stab a guy, they're out there in the field aiding you at all times. Like the bureau leaders who offer advice, and the other low rank assassins out there that gather information about targets and tell you for helping them.

UniteUnderPower
06-17-2014, 03:53 AM
Well there's no recruits anymore really, you did missions for the brotherhood in AC1 as well since you were always part of the brotherhood, unlike brotherhood Unity doesn't seem to have recruits, the other assassins are really there for co-op, to be your friends arno with a random face lol.

That's why I don't say brotherhood. New MP and being in Europe is mainly it's two common factors with ACB whereas the brotherhood is more like the AC1 version where you don't merely send in recruits to just come stab a guy, they're out there in the field aiding you at all times. Like the bureau leaders who offer advice, and the other low rank assassins out there that gather information about targets and tell you for helping them.

Obviously the "recruit" system is definitely a massive improvement from Brotherhood's system, as your friends and other players are basically your recruits. It has the same type of theme going though.

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 04:08 AM
Obviously the "recruit" system is definitely a massive improvement from Brotherhood's system, as your friends and other players are basically your recruits. It has the same type of theme going though.

The missions shown so far give me a very AC1 vibe as well, they even added the executioner assassination which was part of AC1's cinematic trailer.

I don't think the brotherhood will be as Ezio's was, They seem to show Arno working alone in SP videos, whereas Ezio made use of the brotherhood in SP.

n00bfi_97
06-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Main focus whut? Buddy if the MP was the main focus then there would be no need to have the option to play a SP campaign.

Following that sound train of logic is Call of Duty is SP-focused. GG.

Co-Op is obviously going to be better than the old MP for the reasons you just described in high detail, because in SP you can have more stuff going on. No longer are their stupid restrictive game types, now you and your friends make your own games. You invent your own competitions.

What're you gonna do? See who kills more guards in X amount of time? <- Luck based as whoever happens to attract more guards will win, because combat is in this is really hard, neigh-on impossible to fight multiple enemies at once, 100% realistic.

The very nature of a PvP games requires some things to be simplified for the PvP itself to be deep, challenging, balanced, and enough to make a player keep coming back.

>implying the SP is complex LOL

You're saying exactly what I'm but in reverse: that the MP ruins the SP. No man, with all due the respect the SP mechanics are simplified to kingdom come, which makes it harder for SP players to join the MP. In the SP you can't even lock someone in the distance.

Honestly you sound like every other biased PvP fanatic in every game EVER, in some ridiculous illusion that your preferred mode is the main point or focus despite evidence that you clearly know pointing the complete opposite way.

No, I'm not saying my preferred mode is the focus of the game; I'm saying the Multiplayer as a whole is the focus of this game.

I like PvP but I'm not delusional enough to go play a PvP based game and tell them that PvE is the main focus when it clearly isn't or vice versa for that matter.

Again, this game isn't PvE based either. If it weren't MP based, I'd say it was story based before I'd say it was PvE based. PvE suggests a certain degree of difficulty when fighting in-game enemies, a feature which is laughably non-existent from AC2 onwards. This shown by how the game can be 100% completed in under 5 hours with no upgrades whatsoever, by someone who isn't even a casual speedrunner.

PvP requires that you eschew all unnecessary elements which unfortunately for PvP are the very elements that make a game more than just a game. Story, character, setting, and the effort to make those things feel real and alive.

And there is no reason this elements cannot co-exist, save for the baying of people that got rektus fektus in the competitive MP.

It's quite literally the difference between a game and an experience and hardly anybody these days just wants to play a game, we've been spoiled too long, mere competition is not enough for most, we crave an experience, something to get lost in.

People play this game for the gameplay, not the storyline lol. At least, not anymore. Up to the AC2 the story was great, but after that well... The stats will tell you the truth. I mean, the only story I like to even vaguely follow is the modern day story; the story of the ancestors in the Animus is more predictable than the fate of someone who just jumped off a cliff.

Oh and btw, here's a tip for the Borgia towers, there's always a path of least resistance, always a better spot to enter the tower.

How do I know? Oh I've only done each one about 60 times each at the minimum.

You might want to read post #38 again and try to see between the lines.

Finally someone that understands!!!

i.e. less effort for Ubi since they don't need to introduce a real multiplayer that isn't a glorified version of Wolfpack. You're basically rewarding videogame companies for being lazy. Okay.

Kirokill
06-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Noob you're so successful in this.

velocitea
06-18-2014, 06:51 PM

Yes, because we already don't make our own competitions, or tournaments. A LIST OF TEN THINGS?? Wow. Yeah that sounds so creative and fun. Can't wait. And yup you're absolutely right, out thinking 7 other players in a lobby, co-ordinating with teammates to outplay another team, escorting your teammates back to your base while counting on your defender to prevent the other team from scoring...all that's so much more restrictive than a glorified wolfpack with some GTA-like free roam elements. Then again I'm sure if I had to out think only lobbies full of players like you I would find it boring pretty fast. Let me guess, you tried the mp once, maybe twice? Couldn't figure out how everyone else was getting so many kills, or so many GOOD kills? How did they keep seeing you even though you're fast walking?? How come that guy running around in high profile is doing so much better than you?? What about that other guy who you hardly ever saw the whole match, you got 10 kills to his 7 but he still won!! How?? Oh that guy, he looks just like your target but nope it was just a civilian...again..why does this keep happening?? God because it's such a dumb game, restrictive game, that's why.

steveeire
06-18-2014, 07:09 PM
This thread is fecking hilarious, well done everyone, give yourselves a pat on the back.

Calbitos
06-18-2014, 07:41 PM
I disagree with op. Singleplayer is what AC is about, not the repetitive and easy multiplayer. Having completed each of the stories at full synch dozens of times and also having played the multiplayer at each instalment, I can say for sure that playing singleplayer was far more rewarding. It also has so much more replay value.

Fooling a bunch of npcs is so challenging with the AI of Assassin's Creed. You need great planning skills to take notice of their paths and take them out. Other missions, like tailing and eavesdropping, take a degree of skill that multiplayer enthusiasts could only dream of. When it notifies me that my target has noticed me, I leave line of sight. Then after waiting 15 seconds, I keep walking. Then repeat. Except it's not repetitive at all, unlike the multiplayer. Sneaking up and outwitting real people is so easy in the multiplayer, which is basically just button-mashing. The computer AI is so dynamic in singleplayer that I could replay it forever! (Not just have one playthrough and never touch it again, like I do with the multiplayer)

I also love how difficult combat is. You are always punished for messing up your moves or messing up stealth. Just playing through the story and finding collectibles is such an enormous challenge! I never have to put restrictions on myself to make the game harder (like trying to to be detected). In the multiplayer, you can easily become a top-tier player after only a few hours played. In the singleplayer, it's the opposite. You are always improving and always learning new tips, tricks, and bringing your game to the next level!

With the singleplayer being far superior and taking far more skill, obviously Ubisoft should remove the multiplayer. Even though they are made at different studios, singleplayer should be the focus. If all the time and effort was taken away from the multiplayer and put into the singleplayer, wow. I can only imagine what a game that would be!

Sesheenku
06-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Following that sound train of logic is Call of Duty is SP-focused. GG.

It might as well not have the SP which is ****ing garbage. It's a waste of time nobody buys COD for the campaign just like nobody buys AC for MP. If you think that then please share the drugs you're on, I need that kind of high bro.

[QUOTE=n00bfi_97;10051337]What're you gonna do? See who kills more guards in X amount of time? <- Luck based as whoever happens to attract more guards will win, because combat is in this is really hard, neigh-on impossible to fight multiple enemies at once, 100% realistic.

Lol PvP doesn't include luck? Don't be a fool everything has to do with luck.

>implying the SP is complex LOL

You're saying exactly what I'm but in reverse: that the MP ruins the SP. No man, with all due the respect the SP mechanics are simplified to kingdom come, which makes it harder for SP players to join the MP. In the SP you can't even lock someone in the distance.

Are you stupid or just trolling? You just made a post about how you couldn't do the borgia towers undetected so that tells me all I need to know about you, you aren't even good enough to do that much. It's really not that hard if you use your brain. The MP isn't ruined by the SP, it's ruined because it's tacked on in the first place cause it was never a big deal to anyone.

No, I'm not saying my preferred mode is the focus of the game; I'm saying the Multiplayer as a whole is the focus of this game.

I need the phone number of your drug dealer now please. No it's ****ing not, the whole focus of the game is playing an Assassins story in a historical setting, not seeing who's e-peen is bigger, plenty of games that do exactly that immensely better.

Again, this game isn't PvE based either. If it weren't MP based, I'd say it was story based before I'd say it was PvE based. PvE suggests a certain degree of difficulty when fighting in-game enemies, a feature which is laughably non-existent from AC2 onwards. This shown by how the game can be 100% completed in under 5 hours with no upgrades whatsoever, by someone who isn't even a casual speedrunner.

Player Versus Environment is not only enemies, are you truly that daft? That includes any and all things in the SP environment, puzzles, parkour challenges, stealth challenges, all of it.

***** please don't tell me that ********, the only game that can be completed in 5 hours is AC1 if you play non stop and take the quickest route each time. I've played the SP campaign of pretty much all the games more than most, not even rushing is it possible to beat most of them in 5 hours, it takes at LEAST AT LEAST 20 unless you rush and don't bother getting the unbreakable armors or destroying borgia towers or the like, which is silly, those are enjoyable features meant to be completed during the campaign.

And there is no reason this elements cannot co-exist, save for the baying of people that got rektus fektus in the competitive MP.

Yes there is a damn good reason, most PvP games with PvE use PvE only as a means of preparation for PvP, to level up and gather the gear required to be capable of it. The PvP only needs to be PvP, all other elements are unnecessary and take away from the focus of PvP games. Is AC the only ****ing PvP you play or something?

People play this game for the gameplay, not the storyline lol. At least, not anymore. Up to the AC2 the story was great, but after that well... The stats will tell you the truth. I mean, the only story I like to even vaguely follow is the modern day story; the story of the ancestors in the Animus is more predictable than the fate of someone who just jumped off a cliff.

I agree to a certain degree, but I don't play it to play the same MP game types over and over and over again. I'd much rather explore tombs, enjoy the parkour and the stealth, I don't need to play against anyone to enjoy AC, it's not built that way and to deny it is idiocy as the evidence is stacked against you.

You might want to read post #38 again and try to see between the lines."

"All of the above shows how much more difficult, challenging and non-stagnant the SP is compared to the MP, which imho is unfair since the MP was the main focus of the franchise since ACB."

Unless you were being sarcastic that tells me

A -> The evidence for the game being SP focused is in your face and you still deny it

B -> You still think MP is the focus.

i.e. less effort for Ubi since they don't need to introduce a real multiplayer that isn't a glorified version of Wolfpack. You're basically rewarding videogame companies for being lazy. Okay.

The whole point of the bloody argument. They're not going to take the time to make a fully fleshed out SP and MP, it's unreasonable in most cases on their release schedule.

It's obvious which mode they chose, SP, it's obvious which mode makes more money and is thus the focus. SP. Otherwise MP would still be here.

You're like any number of fan boys, denying obvious evidence to spew crap out from between your lips.

You're either hopelessly oblivious or an excellent troll.

Yes, because we already don't make our own competitions, or tournaments. A LIST OF TEN THINGS?? Wow. Yeah that sounds so creative and fun. Can't wait. And yup you're absolutely right, out thinking 7 other players in a lobby, co-ordinating with teammates to outplay another team, escorting your teammates back to your base while counting on your defender to prevent the other team from scoring...all that's so much more restrictive than a glorified wolfpack with some GTA-like free roam elements. Then again I'm sure if I had to out think only lobbies full of players like you I would find it boring pretty fast. Let me guess, you tried the mp once, maybe twice? Couldn't figure out how everyone else was getting so many kills, or so many GOOD kills? How did they keep seeing you even though you're fast walking?? How come that guy running around in high profile is doing so much better than you?? What about that other guy who you hardly ever saw the whole match, you got 10 kills to his 7 but he still won!! How?? Oh that guy, he looks just like your target but nope it was just a civilian...again..why does this keep happening?? God because it's such a dumb game, restrictive game, that's why.

Oh I'm sorry let's go back to the repetitive same few gametypes instead shall we? Cause those have LOADS of variety with their strict rules right?

Don't give me that ****, Most games have less than 10 game types.

How do you think your precious competitive games were made? Some group of peopel sat down, had an idea, laid down some rules and competed. You can definitely create your own game types, I don't need a game to tell me how to do it that's for sure.

The rest of your post is baseless and pahtetic ad hominem, do you really think I'm going to justify that poorly thought out mess of insults with a response?

Try again with a response that isn't so butthurt.

SixKeys
06-18-2014, 08:41 PM
http://cdn2.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/gallery/189277_200x130.png?v=1367965699.83

Sesheenku
06-18-2014, 08:56 PM
http://cdn2.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/gallery/189277_200x130.png?v=1367965699.83

Props to him if he's actually quite that successful.

n00bfi_97
06-18-2014, 10:00 PM
It might as well not have the SP which is ****ing garbage. It's a waste of time nobody buys COD for the campaign just like nobody buys AC for MP. If you think that then please share the drugs you're on, I need that kind of high bro.

The drugs I'm on are reality mate. The SP gameplay is mediocre at best and we all know people buy the game for its MP. It's a breath of fresh air amongst this world of "Shootplayer".

Lol PvP doesn't include luck? Don't be a fool everything has to do with luck.

Speaking of luck, I'd rather play heads and tails with my baby brother than play the ACSP for the gameplay LOL.

Are you stupid or just trolling?

Oh right, it's come to personal insults now? Despite all these exchanges, have you seen me insulting you? No. Typical SP fanboi behaviour. At least debate properly.

You just made a post about how you couldn't do the borgia towers undetected so that tells me all I need to know about you, you aren't even good enough to do that much.

Sarcasm says hi.

Do you really think I meant all that? The AI in this game is beyond bad. After playing the MP I cleared the Borgia towers, all of them, undetected in under an hour. The SP is piss easy. I like exploring tombs too, but it's a one trick pony. Unlike the MP which is different players every time, the tombs do not change. Guard patrols are absolutely not randomised. The AI in this game is a joke LMAO. You know all that I said? You can literally walk up to an gunman a mile away and stab them, and the surrounding guards won't even care. If you call that easy mode of a game less restrictive than the MP, then I can see why you hate the MP so much, because it's not served to you on a silver platter.

It's really not that hard if you use your brain. The MP isn't ruined by the SP, it's ruined because it's tacked on in the first place cause it was never a big deal to anyone.

I'll repeat the personal insult thing. I can be that immature too, look.

It's really not that hard if you use your brain. The SP isn't ruined by the MP, it's ruined because it prevents Ubi from developing the MP in favour of the SP about which no one cares about in the first place, since ACI.

I need the phone number of your drug dealer now please. No it's ****ing not, the whole focus of the game is playing an Assassins story in a historical setting, not seeing who's e-peen is bigger, plenty of games that do exactly that immensely better.

E-peen? Says the guy who's boasting about completing a piss easy Single Player game 70x6= 420 times! I can't even begin to describe what that is. Comical comes to mind. Pathetic is another.

I'd much rather explore tombs, enjoy the parkour and the stealth, I don't need to play against anyone to enjoy AC, it's not built that way and to deny it is idiocy as the evidence is stacked against you.

Oh okay, you prefer playing the same tombs, same missions, same guards every time and then call MP restrictive and boring? Seems legit.

Unless you were being sarcastic

It has come to this. Yes, I was being sarcastic.

The whole point of the bloody argument. They're not going to take the time to make a fully fleshed out SP and MP, it's unreasonable in most cases on their release schedule.

Which brings me once to my original point: the SP ruins the potential of the MP!!!

Oh I'm sorry let's go back to the repetitive same few gametypes instead shall we? Cause those have LOADS of variety with their strict rules right?

Oh I'm sorry let's go back to the repetitive same few tombs and missions instead shall we? Cause those have LOADS of variety and change every time right?

It's easy to insult, not so easy to bring up valid points like I do.

Try again with a response that isn't so butthurt.

Mmkay.

Jexx21
06-18-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm actually buying Advanced Warfare, my first CoD ever, because of primarily the singleplayer.

The drugs I'm on are reality mate. The SP gameplay is mediocre at best and we all know people buy the game for its MP. It's a breath of fresh air amongst this world of "Shootplayer".

Oh right, it's come to personal insults now? Despite all these exchanges, have you seen me insulting you? No. Typical SP fanboi behaviour. At least debate properly.

First paragraph: most people buy Assassin's Creed for the singleplayer and I'm guessing most don't really touch the MP.
Second paragraph: You say you never insulted him, and then insult him.

n00bfi_97
06-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Second paragraph: You say you never insulted him, and then insult him.

Yeah, I never insultED him, but when you go on 3 days being insulted and not a single valid point being brought, it gets to you okay? I'm sorry.

nacho_casanova
06-18-2014, 10:35 PM
Noob's right, 'nuff said.

velocitea
06-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Lol @seshwhatsurface

You're calling me butthurt? How did I sound butthurt? Please tell me. If I were bemoaning how hard the sp is or insulting the sp simply because there isn't the usual mp then THAT would be butthurt. Or you think I'm butthurt about you? Because you fancy yourself a better AC player than me...well there's no way to know since you only play the sp..and I can GUARANTEE I'm better than you at every single mp mode ;) Not to mention I mostly play private games anyway so as long as the servers stay up I'm fairly happy. Hopeful for comp mp next year, but relatively happy. At least know the definitions of the e-insults you're using.

In fact I'd WELCOME a good AC SP. Haven't played one since Revelations (which imho is highly underrated). AC3 was a joke, and AC4 was just boring. At least Revelations, for all the criticisms it had, tried to implement some new elements (bomb crafting comes to mind, which I genuinely enjoy). You think just because I'm a fan of the mp I don't like the sp or I'm not "good enough at it." Hey how about when Unity comes out and there's some inevitable parkour challenges we see who's better. All the free running skills you developed running from Borgia guards, or mine, running away from 3 or 4 real people with real brains using everything they've got to kill me. But who am I kidding, Borgia guards obviously don't have any built in programming that allows you to hide in a hay bale --in plain sight--, causing them to walk away scratching their heads in confusion. No my friend, you're the one that is coming off as butthurt, insulting n00b (he's on drugs because he enjoys the mp..really.), and I imagine I hit the nail right on the head when I was hypothesizing about your experience (or lack thereof) in the mp.

Please don't assume you're speaking for everyone. Some of us did buy AC3/4 for the mp alone. Also, as far as co-op goes, guess what, us competitive mp fans have years of experience over you in working as a team. So while you're replaying the game for the 70th time, we will have already blown through it, probably with 100% synched it or whatever, and moved on to..oh I don't know, Arkham Knight or Far Cry something.

And I'm still unclear what these "strict rules" you're talking about. All games have rules, even the sp. Or have you forgotten the missions in Brotherhood where you'd immediately desynch after failing to meet one of their flexible requirements? The fact is players bring an element of randomness that NPC AIs just don't. Or I should clarify, AC NPCs don't; even the Arkham games, which I consider to be far superior sp's to AC and with really stellar NPC programming, get predictable after a point. As someone who's played each AC game over 70 times (really dude? there's a lot of other games out there, including ones made by Ubi, that are worth playing..not to mention a jog outside or reading a book or heck even watching tv every now and then might not hurt... js). They might improve the mechanics in Unity, but that will certainly be breaking the mold from the 6 (7?) games we've had so far.

If you hate rules so much I'm surprised you haven't become a pro hardcore assassinate player; it's the true "free for all mode" where you're free to kill anyone in the lobby. Yes in deathmatch you have to find and kill your target while avoiding your pursuer; in artifact assault you have to capture the flag while defending your own...but you can do so in any way you please. And that's exactly the reason why there's actually a lot debates and arguments that happen in the mp community because of all the different playstyles. Actually, thanks to sp-only noobs like you, who out of what I can only assume is sheer stubbornness, still can't seem to grasp the essence of the game, Black Flag is considered by many to be the mp where is the least variety in play style while Brotherhood, the very first installment, is considered to have the most variety.

Even so, Black Flag has gamelab mode where you can change a whole bunch (I don't know the exact number but I think well over 100) of parameters and play private games with your friends. Again, I would've thought this would be perfect for you since it would keep you out of lobbies with hardcore competitive players. Basically gamelab allows you to be as unrestrictive as you want to be, and requires a large element of creativity..then again..I'm talking about creativity to a guy who enjoys playing eavesdrop & board the ship missions 70+ times :rolleyes:

TL;DR: Butthurt implies I'm angry there's going to be sp but no mp. I'm not. I want another epic AC SP, haven't seen one since AC2. I just want you to understand that you're simply wrong to say that NPC AI is more random than human players, and that your personal experience with the adversarial mp has been restrictive because you never developed a competitive play style (or any play style for that matter); ours have not.

luckyto
06-18-2014, 11:35 PM
First off, I'm extremely disappointed with the SP community of Assassin's Creed right now. I've been coming to these forums for years, and you guys are usually thoughtful and open for positive and critical discussion. You generally are not rude --- while I know you have plenty of spirited debates --- it's usually done so without contempt and condescension. You guys are better than this.

Second, the OP has been a vocal member of the MP forums for three years. He's not a newcomer or a troll. He's a long-time AC fan. Believe it or not, there is a huge community of AC MP fans that is fairly active. I like to consider myself a fan of both SP and MP. And while there is definitely a 'branch" in the fan bases, you should both be supportive of each other.

While I'm excited for Unity, I'm quite perturbed by their decision to drop competitive, and floored at the classless way they handled informing fans. It lacked any respect for that community. And whether you played it or not, if you have a shred of empathy, you should concede that it could have been handled better.

A few points:
- Competitive Multiplayer is not Cooperative Multiplayer, and vice versa.
- After AC3, ACIV and Watch Dogs, who here can truly say that any Ubi game will live up to it's E3 presentation? Please. The track record speaks for itself. While each of those titles are fun games --- and Black Flag is one of my favorite games of all time --- none of them lived up to the E3 demo hyping their arrival.
- As much as I love SP, I buy the game on release for competitive multiplayer. The SP will be the same six months after release as it is at release.
- There hasn't been a totally polished AC SP game since ACII. The one-year development cycle has hurt the quality. "Good enough" has become standard. Plus, it's just creating burn out in all but the most hardcore fans.

To answer the original poster: Go to a 2-year cycle, buy some servers, hire your original Brotherhood MP team back, and release a game with SP, Co-Op and MP like Destiny.

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 12:16 AM

Yeah if you only pay PvP games on console. There's plenty more genres on PC so your point is invalid. I'm going to try to chill out now and discuss this with you civilly provided you can off the same courtesy in your next post. I've been playing PvP on action mmorpg's, action games of various kinds, and again you don't like fighters or something? There's more than those pesky FPS out there if you look harder.

I can get that you like the AC PvP but I know you're wrong about it being the focus, the fact that the SP gets more attention is proof of that fact.

Speaking of luck, I'd rather play heads and tails with my baby brother than play the ACSP for the gameplay LOL.

Enough of this squabbling, let's debate facts rather than opinion from this point forward.

I'll apologize then. Your statement about fan boyism is false though, being a PC gamer I've played PvP since I started gaming, in Pokemon/Quake 3 Arena, DBZ mods for Quake and various console fighting games.

Sarcasm says hi.

Do you really think I meant all that? The AI in this game is beyond bad. After playing the MP I cleared the Borgia towers, all of them, undetected in under an hour. The SP is piss easy. I like exploring tombs too, but it's a one trick pony. Unlike the MP which is different players every time, the tombs do not change. Guard patrols are absolutely not randomised. The AI in this game is a joke LMAO. You know all that I said? You can literally walk up to an gunman a mile away and stab them, and the surrounding guards won't even care. If you call that easy mode of a game less restrictive than the MP, then I can see why you hate the MP so much, because it's not served to you on a silver platter.

You need more then that to indicate sarcasm, I can't hear the tone in your voice and your words have no emphasis to point it out.

Secondly don't assume anymore of me and I won't of you, as I said I'm going to do this civilly now. I've beaten DMC3/DMC4 on DMD mode so quite frankly I'm not without skill. I've beaten far more difficult challenges than outwitting someone in PvP in AC.

I'll repeat the personal insult thing. I can be that immature too, look.

It's really not that hard if you use your brain. The SP isn't ruined by the MP, it's ruined because it prevents Ubi from developing the MP in favour of the SP about which no one cares about in the first place, since ACI.

E-peen? Says the guy who's boasting about completing a piss easy Single Player game 70x6= 420 times! I can't even begin to describe what that is. Comical comes to mind. Pathetic is another.

As I said I'll lay off that **** now secondly if it's pathetic that I play something I enjoy than it's the same for you, it's pathetic that you play MP so much. Not particularly good argument.

Oh okay, you prefer playing the same tombs, same missions, same guards every time and then call MP restrictive and boring? Seems legit.

Actually I do, the guards in borgia towers for example are never in the exact same position, a lot of them move, even to this day I'm still discovering secret areas in tombs, just because they're the same guards doesn't mean they react precisely the same every time, the AI isn't perfect so sometimes it doesn't react as one would expect.

I do think it's restrictive, how is it not restrictive? It's a gametype with set rules that you can't operate outside of, how is that better than an open world in which you can do a lot more?

It has come to this. Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Fair enough, my mistake.

Which brings me once to my original point: the SP ruins the potential of the MP!!!

You only think that cause you have MP bias though, the evidence is weighted against you, the very fact that they've removed the original MP is proof that MP was never focus.

Oh I'm sorry let's go back to the repetitive same few tombs and missions instead shall we? Cause those have LOADS of variety and change every time right?

It's easy to insult, not so easy to bring up valid points like I do.

Validity is questionable, you say MP is the focus and yet the evidence is stacked against you. You fight for nothing more than your preference here, you ignore the mountain of evidence that begs to differ. I mean seriously if it was such a big focus then who in their right mind would remove it?

You don't go and say make Tekken an SP adventure game all of a sudden that would be madness because it focuses on PvP unlike AC.

[/QUOTE]

Lol @seshwhatsurface

You're calling me butthurt? How did I sound butthurt? Please tell me. If I were bemoaning how hard the sp is or insulting the sp simply because there isn't the usual mp then THAT would be butthurt. Or you think I'm butthurt about you? Because you fancy yourself a better AC player than me...

The ad hominem or are you not versed in logical fallacies? Ad hominem implies rage, if you're not angry fine but it implies. I never said I was better, how curious you would jump to such a conclusion.

well there's no way to know since you only play the sp..and I can GUARANTEE I'mbetter than you at every single mp mode ;) Not to mention I mostly play private games anyway so as long as the servers stay up I'm fairly happy. Hopeful for comp mp next year, but relatively happy. At least know the definitions of the e-insults you're using.

I seriously doubt that. I play SP as much as you play MP but I'm not going to get into a childish e-peen argument with you. I couldn't care less if you are better but it's clear that you care quite a bit whether I'm better than you since you make a point to defend your skill even though I never said I was better than you.

In fact I'd WELCOME a good AC SP. Haven't played one since Revelations (which imho is highly underrated). AC3 was a joke, and AC4 was just boring. At least Revelations, for all the criticisms it had, tried to implement some new elements (bomb crafting comes to mind, which I genuinely enjoy). You think just because I'm a fan of the mp I don't like the sp or I'm not "good enough at it." Hey how about when Unity comes out and there's some inevitable parkour challenges we see who's better. All the free running skills you developed running from Borgia guards, or mine, running away from 3 or 4 real people with real brains using everything they've got to kill me. But who am I kidding, Borgia guards obviously don't have any built in programming that allows you to hide in a hay bale --in plain sight--, causing them to walk away scratching their heads in confusion. No my friend, you're the one that is coming off as butthurt, insulting n00b (he's on drugs because he enjoys the mp..really.), and I imagine I hit the nail right on the head when I was hypothesizing about your experience (or lack thereof) in the mp.

I can agree things have sucked lately in SP. Not denying it. I never said I was even experienced in the MP, I saw vids on it, I didn't like it, seemed too simple for my taste and AC is already simple, I don't like simple, I'd prefer to play a PvP game that has more in depth mechanics, not just ones that have depth because of players. I want both.

Please don't assume you're speaking for everyone. Some of us did buy AC3/4 for the mp alone. Also, as far as co-op goes, guess what, us competitive mp fans have years of experience over you in working as a team. So while you're replaying the game for the 70th time, we will have already blown through it, probably with 100% synched it or whatever, and moved on to..oh I don't know, Arkham Knight or Far Cry something.

The point being that I would bet my house and car that you are a severe minority.

Dear I've played team games okay, ever heard of Phantasy Star Online 2? That is entirely co-op, there you go defending a supposed superiority that I never attacked in the first place.

My my... how easy it is to shake your confidence. A few sentences and you jump to defend a skill that I never attacked.

And I'm still unclear what these "strict rules" you're talking about. All games have rules, even the sp. Or have you forgotten the missions in Brotherhood where you'd immediately desynch after failing to meet one of their flexible requirements? The fact is players bring an element of randomness that NPC AIs just don't. Or I should clarify, AC NPCs don't; even the Arkham games, which I consider to be far superior sp's to AC and with really stellar NPC programming, get predictable after a point. As someone who's played each AC game over 70 times (really dude? there's a lot of other games out there, including ones made by Ubi, that are worth playing..not to mention a jog outside or reading a book or heck even watching tv every now and then might not hurt... js). They might improve the mechanics in Unity, but that will certainly be breaking the mold from the 6 (7?) games we've had so far.

You're talking about a very different set of rules though, for example capture the flag game modes, you have to take the flag or defend the base. That's it.

As for the SP the rules are more like you can't fly or run faster than the game allows you, they aren't really rules, you can play however you like in most cases.

As for playing the games over and over, I greatly enjoy the AC series, my neighborhood has become a ghetto so I don't bother going outside anymore, I'd rather not get shot or offered weed by overly persistent salesman again if that's quite alright with you.

I play most games that I love various times and I do read but video games are my real passion. Believe me I'd love to enjoy the walks through nature I used to be able to enjoy but it's essentially a slum here now and living and walking around outside disgusts me.

If you hate rules so much I'm surprised you haven't become a pro hardcore assassinate player; it's the true "free for all mode" where you're free to kill anyone in the lobby. Yes in deathmatch you have to find and kill your target while avoiding your pursuer; in artifact assault you have to capture the flag while defending your own...but you can do so in any way you please. And that's exactly the reason why there's actually a lot debates and arguments that happen in the mp community because of all the different playstyles. Actually, thanks to sp-only noobs like you, who out of what I can only assume is sheer stubbornness, still can't seem to grasp the essence of the game, Black Flag is considered by many to be the mp where is the least variety in play style while Brotherhood, the very first installment, is considered to have the most variety.

SP noobs, more ad hominem. Not worth a proper response.

Deathmatch is okay but it's still more restrictive than the new MP that's coming up, your one and only goal is to kill the other person, there's nothing else to do. The very essence of game types doesn't allow more freedom than an open world SP portion.

Even so, Black Flag has gamelab mode where you can change a whole bunch (I don't know the exact number but I think well over 100) of parameters and play private games with your friends. Again, I would've thought this would be perfect for you since it would keep you out of lobbies with hardcore competitive players. Basically gamelab allows you to be as unrestrictive as you want to be, and requires a large element of creativity..then again..I'm talking about creativity to a guy who enjoys playing eavesdrop & board the ship missions 70+ times :rolleyes:

I said most of the games I've played a ton, AC3 I played twice and AC4 I barely got through once, I assure you I have a severe distaste for AC4, it's a joke of an AC game in my eyes.

TL;DR: Butthurt implies I'm angry there's going to be sp but no mp. I'm not. I want another epic AC SP, haven't seen one since AC2. I just want you to understand that you're simply wrong to say that NPC AI is more random than human players, and that your personal experience with the adversarial mp has been restrictive because you never developed a competitive play style (or any play style for that matter); ours have not.

I already told you I never played the MP, I told you flat out. I did see some videos and saw that I probably wouldn't enjoy it for long, I didn't play TR MP either, It simply doesn't interest me.

I didn't say that NPC is more random than players, that's impossible but in Borgia towers for example they're usually at a different location depending on when you arrive at the tower, there's various entry points it's not limitless but it's not limited either.

Once again I have to mention GunZ the Duel here, ever tried that? Now that's a proper PvP experience, not only does it take months to master the BASIC skills but you have to understand the effect of pings and how various angles in the way you use your sword can avoid being parried by enemies.

I'm not saying I ever got so good as to take out everyone but I was fairly good, able to take out most competition save for the most seasoned veterans.

Locopells
06-19-2014, 12:40 AM
OK everyone, keep it cool please.

velocitea
06-19-2014, 12:50 AM
This isn't a debate of what's a "proper" pvp. I only brought up the "skill" comments and I got carried away with the noob bashing because I had assumed you were one of the dozens of players I've seen rage quit out of the game and swear to never touch it again because they couldn't win the first 20 or so sessions they played. I see that I'm wrong so of course those comments were misplaced and apologies in order, because it's actually not funny to me anymore, just sad. You've never even bothered to try it, making all your opinions on it completely invalid. I never played Battlefield, or the game you mentioned, for example (and I can't) but I'm not going to go around forming opinions on them based solely on videos, especially when they have such a loyal following behind it. Personally I don't really like watching videos of multiplayers I don't play, or at least tried, because I usually can't understand the complexities well enough to enjoy them. Like n00b said, AC MP is a breath of fresh air as far as online multiplayers go; not all of us enjoy shooters (or are able to play them).

You remind of that group of Christian moms or whatever back in the early 2000s who banned the Harry Potter books in their town, because they were convinced they were evil etc etc (in your case "evil" is replaced by "restrictive") even though they had never read (=played) them. You think deathmatch is as simple as just killing your one target, and that that's your only objective, or that because the overarching artifact assault objectives of "steal" and "capture" means "that's it.." you have no grasp of the level of teamwork required at a competitive level to "just" defend and steal, or the awareness needed to avoid your pursuer(s) and still get a good kill (x8 if it's in a lobby of all comp players)...anyway no use repeating myself because it's like talking to a brick wall that insults you back; you're clearly too stubborn to even consider the other side of the argument and maybe trying out a couple matches. Your comments illustrate your ignorance and arrogance towards the game (these aren't insults, just observations based on the fact that you've never played the game, yet insist you understand its restrictions, freedoms, etc). I really feel sorry for you because you missed out on a really interesting & surprisingly complex game and a wonderful tight knit community of players and friends, many of who (myself included) would've been happy to play with you/show you the ropes or what have you, until at the very least you can form an opinion that's informed from more than just youtube.

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 01:04 AM
This isn't a debate of what's a "proper" pvp. I only brought up the "skill" comments and I got carried away with the noob bashing because I had assumed you were one of the dozens of players I've seen rage quit out of the game and swear to never touch it again because they couldn't win the first 20 or so sessions they played. I see that I'm wrong so of course those comments were misplaced and apologies in order, because it's actually not funny to me anymore, just sad. You've never even bothered to try it, making all your opinions on it completely invalid. I never played Battlefield, or the game you mentioned, for example (and I can't) but I'm not going to go around forming opinions on them based solely on videos, especially when they have such a loyal following behind it. Personally I don't really like watching videos of multiplayers I don't play, or at least tried, because I usually can't understand the complexities well enough to enjoy them. Like n00b said, AC MP is a breath of fresh air as far as online multiplayers go; not all of us enjoy shooters (or are able to play them).

I can admit my opinions on MP don't hold weight EXCEPT for noob trying to say it's the main focus. It'd be mad for them to remove the main focus, so removing it shows very clearly that it's not the main focus.

I can agree it's a breath of fresh air in the console PvP area but I started PvP gaming on PC so it's fresh but there's a lot of fresh PvP experiences on PC, so I need something that seems more in depth, from the videos it seems like it's rather simple.

You remind of that group of Christian moms or whatever back in the early 2000s who banned the Harry Potter books in their town, because they were convinced they were evil etc etc (in your case "evil" is replaced by "restrictive") even though they had never read (=played) them. You think deathmatch is as simple as just killing your one target, and that that's your only objective, or that because the overarching artifact assault objectives of "steal" and "capture" means "that's it.." you have no grasp of the level of teamwork required at a competitive level to "just" defend and steal, or the awareness needed to avoid your pursuer(s) and still get a good kill (x8 if it's in a lobby of all comp players)...anyway no use repeating myself because it's like talking to a brick wall that insults you back; you're clearly too stubborn to even consider the other side of the argument and maybe trying out a couple matches. Your comments illustrate your ignorance and arrogance towards the game (these aren't insults, just observations based on the fact that you've never played the game, yet insist you understand its restrictions, freedoms, etc). I really feel sorry for you because you missed out on a really interesting & surprisingly complex game and a wonderful tight knit community of players and friends, many of who (myself included) would've been happy to play with you/show you the ropes or what have you, until at the very least you can form an opinion that's informed from more than just youtube.

Not in AC but in pretty much any other game I do, I have plenty of PvP experience with teamwork and all, I STILL play Quake 3, been playing for 13 years, played various action MMO's that REQUIRE teamwork.

I am not incapable of understanding the basics, it's the in depth part where admittedly my opinions fail to reach but I never said they were perfectly informed opinions.

It probably still wouldn't have been my thing even if I ended up being good at it, I've played a lot of PvP, some in games I could utter the name of and you'd think wtf is that? All unique in their own ways so AC MP needed to do a little more to entice me to play it, the SP has already gotten worse, an MP that runs on the same basic mechanics I had grown tired of most likely wouldn't hold me. It just doesn't hook me at this point because I know it's merely a variation on mechanics I currently dislike, perhaps it would keep me entertained for a few months at the most but that's it.

Same has happened with many PvP games, their mechanics eventually get tiring to me, the nature of doing the same few types of games wears on me quickly and I quit to find something fresh.

I say it because I know how I am and very few games have managed to make me enjoy them for more than a few months.

btw I do not approve of the removal of a feature just because I don't take to it so you're Harry Potter analogy is off, I just don't care that it's removed and I do enjoy co-op.

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 01:16 AM
Assassin's Creed Comet will most likely contain the competitive multiplayer that the past games have had, because it's likely that Comet will be running on the AC3/AC4 engine.

Both the SP and the MP of Assassin's Creed are good and both have a good sized playerbase, although the SP probably has a larger playerbase (because to be honest, singleplayer has a larger playerbase in almost every game).

I recognize that the multiplayer fans might be angry about this, but I actually find it curious because doesn't not including MP in Unity increase the longevity of Black Flag's multiplayer? This was it won't die off so fast?

I can't say that the SP is holding the MP back or vice versa, because they are developed by different studios. I'm almost certain that Ubi has money to burn so I'm not sure why they wouldn't put the MP into one of this years AC entries.

velocitea
06-19-2014, 02:18 AM
btw I do not approve of the removal of a feature just because I don't take to it so you're Harry Potter analogy is off, I just don't care that it's removed and I do enjoy co-op.

The analogy wasn't meant to imply you to want its removal, but rather that you formulated negative opinions on it never having played it (just as they formulated negative opinions on the book never having read it).

I recognize that the multiplayer fans might be angry about this, but I actually find it curious because doesn't not including MP in Unity increase the longevity of Black Flag's multiplayer? This was it won't die off so fast?

The thing is the Black Flag player base is split across 4 consoles, for one thing. And a large number of the veteran players agree that there is a LOT wrong with the game (mechanics, matchmaking, contract system disconnection issues etc etc no need to bore you with details), which is frustrating because many of these issues were not present in the older games. And if I've sounded frustrated/overly noob bash-happy, it's because they removed a lot of core features in BF (again no need to bore you with details if you're not already familiar with it) to make it "new player friendly," at the expense of competition and balance. A lot of us end up going back to the older games/hosting private lobbies, and I guess we were hoping that us long time fans would FINALLY see a polished mp. It would be a shame if Black Flag is the last mp we get to see; I guess we're just hoping for some call back to the glory days of ACB/R... :\

Also this:

I can admit my opinions on MP don't hold weight EXCEPT for noob trying to say it's the main focus. It'd be mad for them to remove the main focus, so removing it shows very clearly that it's not the main focus. This he doesn't actually believe..he's not actually that stupid trust me lol

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 02:21 AM
Hmm, I only played Black Flag's MP up to Level 36, to be honest the AC MP as a whole started to bore me with AC3, not due to the mechanics getting worse in my eyes though, just that I was getting tired of it.

Like how I used to play Team Fortress 2 a lot but then stopped playing because I got tired of it.

I'm personally not the kind of person to dedicate myself to a MP game, just play it until I tire of it and then move on.

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 02:25 AM
The analogy wasn't meant to imply you to want its removal, but rather that you formulated negative opinions on it never having played it (just as they formulated negative opinions on the book never having read it).

The negative opinions are also part of what Jexx said, I know it won't keep me interested for long. I've found very very few PvP games that have kept me interested.

This he doesn't actually believe..he's not actually that stupid trust me lol

I hope you're right.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-19-2014, 05:53 AM
I like game.

Farlander1991
06-19-2014, 07:58 AM
AC competitive multiplayer needs its own stand-alone game. Problems solved for everybody - those who like it get a dedicated game, those who aren't fans of competitive don't have to get it, and support for that stand-alone game never ends (unlike so far support ends when each next title is released).