PDA

View Full Version : Put the great graphic from the new trailer in the game...

dandins
06-15-2014, 07:20 PM
When i see these nice rendered trailers - I allways wonder why the game looks so different at the end.

I believe that these special post effects that blur the edges makes the visual impression much more realistic.
For example in Anno 2014 you had a optional graphic option "post effects + crossfade" which blured everything alittle and made it look much better - like in that AC U trailer.

Not everybody liked this effekt but not at least because it used alot of performance. But this is the kind of effect that brings the graphics to a "next gen" level..

I like the detailed picture on 1080p but i hate the sharp edges.. maybe you consider to use such a crossfade effect to bring the game graphics closer to the trailers..

jayjay275
06-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Is this a joke post?

The irony is quite funny.

http://i.imgur.com/lhnl88N.gif

Mr_Shade
06-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Unfortunately - until consoles can process that kind of detail and texture work - it will be impossible to perform the same type of graphics processing as seen in CGI trailers.

Even a $6000 PC, would not be able to render the detail seen in real time.

Maybe with the PS6 or Xbox 7 we can have that type of fidelity.. but until then - I suggest using the gameplay trailers - as a guide to the level of detail in the game and the graphical fildelity.

Shahkulu101
06-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Next you'll be asking them to fart rainbows...

Animusaurus
06-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Game still looks great anyway, and at least a bit like the CGI as in art style.

I just hope they don't bloody downgrade it.

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Uh dude... did you see these in game graphics?

http://i.imgur.com/aXBKt0O.png?1

Yeah that's already mind blowing and hyper realistic.

Just like Animus said... please for the love of god don't ****ing downgrade the graphics Ubi... Don't you dare. Don't touch em. No. Bad dev team.

Actually I think they only did that with Watch Dogs cause it unfortunately has to have that crappy last gen holding it back.

Animusaurus
06-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Uh dude... did you see these in game graphics?

http://i.imgur.com/aXBKt0O.png?1

Yeah that's already mind blowing and hyper realistic.

Just like Animus said... please for the love of god don't ****ing downgrade the graphics Ubi... Don't you dare. Don't touch em. No. Bad dev team.

Actually I think they only did that with Watch Dogs cause it unfortunately has to have that crappy last gen holding it back.
Thats true, i think thats the whole reason they started on next gen, so it won't get downgraded.

I feel less worried now :D

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Glorious PC Master Race held back by the dirty console peasants. :rolleyes:

Animusaurus
06-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Meh, i would play on my PC, but as its broken i can't at the moment.

Guess I'm a defected PC god.

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 08:26 PM

Ikr? In all honesty though my laptop is no longer up to par I HAD to get a laptop because it also doubles as my college laptop for video game development..

It's damn good and runs Tomb Raider/AC3 and the like on high at 30 fps on 1080p with the gpu only getting up to 55c or so. I'm quite pleased with it but unfortunately it just won't do it for Unity and I can't buy a desktop now it's just way cheaper to buy a ps4 for now.

Later on when I'm in a better financial state I will gladly repurchase Unity on PC after buying and building a nice custom desktop with a budget of around 2k.

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 07:26 AM
please for the love of god don't ****ing downgrade the graphics Ubi... Don't you dare. Don't touch em. No. Bad dev team.

Honestly though, it became pretty obvious long ago that W_D wasn't going to look like the 2012 trailer. If anyone thought a cross-gen sandbox game was going to look that fantastic, then lol.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Ikr? In all honesty though my laptop is no longer up to par I HAD to get a laptop because it also doubles as my college laptop for video game development..

It's damn good and runs Tomb Raider/AC3 and the like on high at 30 fps on 1080p with the gpu only getting up to 55c or so. I'm quite pleased with it but unfortunately it just won't do it for Unity and I can't buy a desktop now it's just way cheaper to buy a ps4 for now.

Later on when I'm in a better financial state I will gladly repurchase Unity on PC after buying and building a nice custom desktop with a budget of around 2k.

Yeah that's the problem with College and PC gaming.

Hard to manage both.

phoenix-force411
06-16-2014, 07:32 AM
You'd need to wait until the day you were 70, and then you can play it with CGI trailer graphics.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 07:34 AM
And by then CGI graphics will seem like crap.

And any game that runs under 500fps and 50k graphics is outdated.

If it ain't photorealistic it ain't good.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Yeah that's the problem with College and PC gaming.

Hard to manage both.

Ikr? :( but it's okay, I'll get it for PS4 now and upgrade later on when I can spare a good chunk of cash.

I'm very pleased with the temps I get on this laptop, it's served me well in performance for 3 solid years. It deserves a quiet retirement while I waste away playing Unity.

Honestly though, it became pretty obvious long ago that W_D wasn't going to look like the 2012 trailer. If anyone thought a cross-gen sandbox game was going to look that fantastic, then lol.

Quite true, I never saw it until later myself, I was never interested in WD. It's truly a shame though the crappy last gen holding it back. I know the economy is **** but ffs... it's 400-500 dollars. It's not THAT expensive.

roostersrule2
06-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Meh, i would play on my PC, but as its broken i can't at the moment.

Guess I'm a defected PC god.As am I.

I still prefer console gaming much more.

We have surpassed AC1's CGI trailer though, especially in lighting. We probably did with AC3 though.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 03:24 PM
I prefer PC gaming for the cheaper games, higher performance quality (usually), backwards compatability, mods and lack of online subscription fees.

But I also like consoles for local multiplayer, livingroom convenience, easy start up and guaranteed performance. No need for upgrading either.

jayjay275
06-16-2014, 03:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHlnCzalw1s&list=WL

Without consoles, PC still wouldn't be as popular. You need peasants to fund your game, just like taxes.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 04:10 PM
The french revolution is the console peasants attacking Glorious PC master race out of envy. :rolleyes:

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 04:10 PM
-____________________________________-

Really? Remember when the sneakpeak video came up and we were saying bah! That's cgi? It turned out that that was pretty close to ingame graphics. That's already mindboggling. And you still want more?
*shakes head and walks away*

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 04:13 PM
And then the graphics turn out to be in-game PC graphics on max settings. And the only reason a "B" button prompt shows up is because the people were using a 360 controller. :rolleyes:

jayjay275
06-16-2014, 04:14 PM
The french revolution is the console peasants attacking Glorious PC master race out of envy. :rolleyes:

And who won the revolution? :o

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 04:15 PM
And thus a revolution (of peasants) was ignited...

STDlyMcStudpants
06-16-2014, 05:30 PM
I actually dread the day that games look like cgi lol

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:32 PM
And then the graphics turn out to be in-game PC graphics on max settings. And the only reason a "B" button prompt shows up is because the people were using a 360 controller. :rolleyes:

Don't say such things! I have to switch to PS4 to play Unity ;-; my PC started to chug on AC4BF!

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 05:34 PM
my PC started to chug on AC4BF!

Yeah same. I had to overclock my stuff and that made the fans roar like crazy.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 05:41 PM
What does overclock mean :confused:

And Sesh I guess it's time to invest in a new PC. I'm investing. ;)

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 05:42 PM
You belong to the master race and don't know what it means?????

THIS IS AN INSULT!

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Lol I only joke when I say that.

I don't even have a PC yet. I only borrow one to play games. I recently converted to PC-ism when I was introduced to steam earlier this year. I already have almost 40 games. :cool:

edit: I technically have a PC actually but a crap one.

Before then I was a nintendo lover/Mac user.

I also recently converted to PS4.

So please excluse my lack of PC knowledge. Hue. I'm investing in a high end-pc. hopefully i'll get it before summer ends.

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 05:50 PM
erm.. its basically running your cpu and gpu at higher clock speeds. More than what they're naturally set to. Gives better performance but also heats them up real quick...

and now! *goes to count his own steam games*

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 05:51 PM
I assume faster clocking damages a PC?

GunnerGalactico
06-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Overclocking tends to slow down PC's over time

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 05:57 PM
.........you mean longetivty? :confused:

GunnerGalactico
06-16-2014, 05:58 PM
.........you mean longetivty? :confused:

Exactly

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 05:59 PM
I dont expect the PC im getting to last for than 7 years tbh.

By then I'll be able to afford a new one.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 06:03 PM
What does overclock mean :confused:

And Sesh I guess it's time to invest in a new PC. I'm investing. ;)

I'm too poor right now </3

If I bought a new PC I'd want a 770 gpu at the absolute minimum and an i5-4670k with 8 gigs of RAM and a fairly good mobo from asus and I intend to overclock so I need coolers, I don't have a monitor and I want a fancy light up keyboard like my laptop has so yeah...

At the absolute minimum I'd end up paying like 1600 dollars?

That's 100 dollars more than this laptop.

I don't have a TV either but... it's cheaper to pay 700 something dollars for a PS4, a game now, a pre-order of Unity, and a TV.

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 06:04 PM
PS4 is 400 dorra no 7

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:05 PM
@sesh

so this PC isn't good by your standards?

http://i.imgur.com/78bpevB.png

And ps4 costs 700 where you live? daaang. What's the currency?

GunnerGalactico
06-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Overclocking is when you run the processor in your PC faster than it is designed to run

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:18 PM
oh I see...

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Exactly

Which is why I only did for the time I played AC IV back in december. Its running at normal speeds now. I love my Old Faithful too much to let her go to waste like that! D:

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 08:40 PM
PS4 is 400 dorra no 7

@sesh

so this PC isn't good by your standards?

http://i.imgur.com/78bpevB.png

And ps4 costs 700 where you live? daaang. What's the currency?

I always go with NVIDIA. Less heat and driver problems. Wouldn't touch windows 8 with an 8 foot pole either. I would rather build my own as well. I7 Is a waste for gaming, much better to get a fast i5 and OC it.

No guys... the PS4 isn't 700 dollars, I said a PS4, a TV, A game for now and a pre-oder for ACU

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 08:47 PM
@sesh

Eh NVIDIA and AMD both have their share of problems IMO.

I'm only going with windows 8 because I know microsoft will force me to use it eventually if I want to play later games.

I'm not an experienced builder. I break anything I touch.

Is the PC itself any good though for gaming?

GunnerGalactico
06-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Which is one of the reasons why I prefer playing games on a console because it is hassle free :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Which is one of the reasons why I prefer playing games on a console because it is hassle free :p

Same! I was a PC gamer but with all the stuff/needed to add to the PC to run the graphic extensive games, I couldn't take it. Im not that rich lol

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 09:03 PM
@gunner and humble

you console peasants have fun paying subscription fees for expensive online games on your underpowered consoles with no backwards compatability then.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/275/4/d/pc_master_race_by_thewarrises-d5gmwti.jpg

:rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
06-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Same! I was a PC gamer but with all the stuff/needed to add to the PC to run the graphic extensive games, I couldn't take it. Im not that rich lol

Agreed. It's too costly to update the drivers and it is too high maintenance

@gunner and humble

you console peasants have fun paying subscription fees for expensive online games on your underpowered consoles with no backwards compatability then.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/275/4/d/pc_master_race_by_thewarrises-d5gmwti.jpg

Well good for you then. It's not shameful to live within your means.

I don't care much for expensive online games and backwards compatibility. My PS2 still works. :)

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Isn't updating driver software free? :confused:

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 09:06 PM
updating drivers costs $0

If you buy the right parts you only need to upgrade once or twice in a console generation

I'm too poor right now </3

If I bought a new PC I'd want a 770 gpu at the absolute minimum and an i5-4670k with 8 gigs of RAM and a fairly good mobo from asus and I intend to overclock so I need coolers, I don't have a monitor and I want a fancy light up keyboard like my laptop has so yeah...

At the absolute minimum I'd end up paying like 1600 dollars?

That's 100 dollars more than this laptop.

I don't have a TV either but... it's cheaper to pay 700 something dollars for a PS4, a game now, a pre-order of Unity, and a TV.

Won't i7's be useful in the future though once more games utilize hyper-threading?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-16-2014, 09:10 PM
@gunner and humble

You don't know me very well. I don't pay for subscriptions or online games.... Never have, and don't think I ever will.

pacmanate
06-16-2014, 09:16 PM
@gunner and humble

You need to stop with this ****. I've seen you post about the master race too many times in the past few days. Not to mention your signature which makes it look like you think you are better than everyone else "glorious"

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 09:18 PM
I hope you realize I'm being sarcastic.

pacmanate
06-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I hope you realize I'm being sarcastic.

I do, hence your smiley, but its not really funny

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Well then more power to you.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
@sesh

Eh NVIDIA and AMD both have their share of problems IMO.

I'm only going with windows 8 because I know microsoft will force me to use it eventually if I want to play later games.

I'm not an experienced builder. I break anything I touch.

Is the PC itself any good though for gaming?

Ehh I wouldn't buy it, the 8760 is comparable to the gtx 660, except the gtx 660 is better in every way besides power consumption, faster memory clocks, higher memory bandwidth, higher texture rate, better shading unity. better memory bus, etc. etc.

and currently dirt cheap.

You won't get much out of the gpu these days, not 60 fps at 1080p anyways and if I get a PC I won't go lower than 60 fps and 1080p. Decrease the cpu to an i5 4670k and grab yourself a better GPU and a new motherboard if necessary and then you can have a computer that can comfortably play upcoming games for a little bit at least.

By the time MS forces us to use W8 W9 or whatever will be out and judging by their production patterns will be infinitely better than atrocious W8.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Ehh I wouldn't buy it, the 8760 is comparable to the gtx 660, except the gtx 660 is better in every way besides power consumption, faster memory clocks, higher memory bandwidth, higher texture rate, better shading unity. better memory bus, etc. etc.

and currently dirt cheap.

You won't get much out of the gpu these days, not 60 fps at 1080p anyways and if I get a PC I won't go lower than 60 fps and 1080p. Decrease the cpu to an i5 4670k and grab yourself a better GPU and a new motherboard if necessary and then you can have a computer that can comfortably play upcoming games for a little bit at least.

By the time MS forces us to use W8 W9 or whatever will be out and judging by their production patterns will be infinitely better than atrocious W8.

Can you post links to alternative PCs I can buy for around the same price or less?

And if I were to buy this pc, would I be able to play Unity on it you think? And would the PC last? I'm just going for steady games that can run. not max settings.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Can you post links to alternative PCs I can buy for around the same price or less?

And if I were to buy this pc, would I be able to play Unity on it you think? And would the PC last? I'm just going for steady games that can run. not max settings.

Nah. nothing they sell premade will be cheaper then that and perform better.

If you bought that PC and tried to play Unity... you might fall below 30 fps every now and then at 1080p, for 720p it might work at a constant 30 and that would be with the settings well tuned.

Personally I don't like Radeons because they also tend to have lower memory related specs and memory is going to be extremely important as games like Unity increase texture sizes, world sizes, and all the like.

They often just push clock speeds higher than NVIDIA but that does little.

To put it in perspective even my laptop GPU has a better memory bus and memory clock than an 8760.

If I was gonna get a 600 series card I'd get a 670 or its Radeon equivalent and NO less.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Nah. nothing they sell premade will be cheaper then that and perform better.

If you bought that PC and tried to play Unity... you might fall below 30 fps every now and then at 1080p, for 720p it might work at a constant 30 and that would be with the settings well tuned.

Personally I don't like Radeons because they also tend to have lower memory related specs and memory is going to be extremely important as games like Unity increase texture sizes, world sizes, and all the like.

They often just push clock speeds higher than NVIDIA but that does little.

To put it in perspective even my laptop GPU has a better memory bus and memory clock than an 8760.

If I was gonna get a 600 series card I'd get a 670 or its Radeon equivalent and NO less.

nghhhh i can't build PCs though.

You know those sites where you pick the parts of PCs and they build it for you? Would that be a better alternative?

I can't build. I don't have the knowledge or time.

Or should I just go with that pre-built PC?

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 10:33 PM
nghhhh i can't build PCs though.

You know those sites where you pick the parts of PCs and they build it for you? Would that be a better alternative?

I can't build. I don't have the knowledge or time.

Or should I just go with that pre-built PC?

I'd really take the time to learn like serious, it really isn't that hard these days, it's really just plugging in a few parts to a mobo, although I admit I grew up in computers as my father is a computer expert. It also doesn't take long to build either, it's not rocket science, you have your mobo, you plug cables and slots into the things they go, maybe require some mounting brackets and that's that.

Those sites,,, honestly they don't charge any less than a pre-built

I really wouldn't recommend that particular PC, the GPU could cause you to suffer in the near future. If you insist upon it, you'd best have money put up for a new GPU asap.

I suggest looking on amazon for a PC with an i5 processor instead, it costs less and is actually MORE efficient in gaming. I7 is mostly for heavy professional work with cpu taxing programs.

Essentially ASSUMING that the PSU AND the MOBO are up to par it could cost you 250 dollars or so very soon just to keep it at a smooth performance.

This is precisely why I'm not going PC right now, it's a very bad time if you don't have a beast system or one that was beast and only awaits a cheap upgrade. Games are about to get more taxing and if you buy a cheap PC now you'll suffer for that choice very soon. As I said I can't imagine that GPU pulling off more than 30 fps in Unity and definitely not stably unless you lower the settings which means most likely playing without any sort of AA or taxing shader effects.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Well I was also planning to use the PC for software like Autodesk Maya and 3DS max...

Can you post minimum reccomended specs for a pc then and a site where I could get all the parts?

I'm just soooo clueless with physical technology.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 10:49 PM
I found this. Is this significantly better than the PC i posted?

http://i.imgur.com/S3f7Ruo.png

If it is, I might go out of my way to learn how to build it....

Though Im scared I'll screw up @-@

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Well I was also planning to use the PC for software like Autodesk Maya and 3DS max...

Can you post minimum reccomended specs for a pc then and a site where I could get all the parts?

I'm just soooo clueless with physical technology.

Ah if you're going to use those an i7 would be helpful.

to play future games fairly good at least for a short while without spending a fortune...

CPU -> I5 4670 (no need to buy the 4670k version if you won't OC) or any affordable i7 you can find

GPU -> GTX 670 or Radeon R9 270x (Minimum to maintain frame rates at and above 30 in future games, NVIDIA has the advantage here with about 30 extra FPS but it's twice as pricey)

MOBO -> Any Asus/Gigabyte/MSI MOBO that meets your CPU socket and other requirements

RAM -> 8GB minimum, Corsair or Kingston are the go to RAM

PSU -> get at least a 700w PSU from Corsair/Seasonic/Antec

Honestly Tiger Direct and Neweggs websites can offer you the parts. Take a look at the parts on both pages for the best price.

That Radeon GPU should be sufficient to keep you at a fairly good frame rate in Unity and not drop below 30, Radeon is cheaper though so if you can get a better Radeon and afford it go right ahead.

Use this site to compare GPU's

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=7

at the bottom under AMD select GPU Performance to see the list of AMD GPU's, don't select any card below 2 gigs VRAM and a 256 bit bus width is ideal.

I found this. Is this significantly better than the PC i posted?

http://i.imgur.com/S3f7Ruo.png

If it is, I might go out of my way to learn how to build it....

Though Im scared I'll screw up @-@

That's ideal, the 770 is a fantastic choice and an able card that will assuredly keep you running games at acceptable speeds for a few years. 2 or 3 maybe.

Just research the topic on the internet until you're confident, there's so many resources and guides, you'll be fine.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 10:56 PM
What is MOBO and PSU

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 10:58 PM
What is MOBO and PSU

Motherboard and Power Supply respectively. That build above is cheap by sacrificing some power in the PSU which will undoubtedly need an upgrade when you upgrade the desktop 2 or 3 years down the line.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 11:00 PM
And just to clarify, all the parts are fully upgradable?

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 11:28 PM
And just to clarify, all the parts are fully upgradable?

Yep, all you do when you start to lose performance is buy a new GPU and replace it, with that build you shouldn't need to replace anything else anytime soon.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Alright thanks. :rolleyes:

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Alright thanks. :rolleyes:

Seriously though you gave me nightmares, super concerned now whether or not they'll give us graphics on that level on consoles since I'm pretty much forced to play it there if I want to play it on release day and I do!

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Alrighty.

BTW how do I know what OS the PC will run? Nowhere on the list do I see windows 8 or anything.

and im watching this vid now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUghCx9iso

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Alrighty.

BTW how do I know what OS the PC will run? Nowhere on the list do I see windows 8 or anything.

and im watching this vid now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUghCx9iso

If there's none listed it may require you to buy your own.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 11:44 PM
FFFFFFFFFF why was that not included in the price tag?? hnghhh

is there any other hidden prices?

Aside from keyboard, mouse, speakers and monitor ofc.

edit: ah man windows 8.1 is an extra hundred bucks :(

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 11:55 PM
FFFFFFFFFF why was that not included in the price tag?? hnghhh

is there any other hidden prices?

Aside from keyboard, mouse, speakers and monitor ofc.

edit: ah man windows 8.1 is an extra hundred bucks :(

Windows 8 is a waste anyways, ****ing XP was still alive up until recently, they won't shut down 7 until a bit after they start 9.

No that's the last thing required. OS, Monitor, mouse, and kb.

JustPlainQuirky
06-17-2014, 12:03 AM
If I get windows 7, will i have to get windows 8 or can i skip to 9?

And you didn't mention all the nails and stuff I'd need @-@ I guess thats a given

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 12:06 AM
If I get windows 7, will i have to get windows 8 or can i skip to 9?

And you didn't mention all the nails and stuff I'd need @-@ I guess thats a given

Screws will come with the parts, you don't buy them. Same with mounting brackets and all required cables.

If you get Windows 7 you'll be able to skip to 9 when it's out far before they ever decide to close off support for it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-17-2014, 12:10 AM
I need to make sure I have the right screw drivers then. hm

aaaughh why is windows 7 expensive still

I assume I should get windows 7 64 bit and not 32 bit?

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 12:11 AM
I need to make sure I have the right screw drivers then. hm

aaaughh why is windows 7 expensive still

I assume I should get windows 7 64 bit and not 32 bit?

Precisely, 32 bit limits the amount of RAM you can use so you want 64 bit.

JustPlainQuirky
06-17-2014, 12:15 AM
the video is telling me i need thermal paste.

also, any reccomended monitors? im a visual artist if that helps finding out whats best for me.

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 12:17 AM
the video is telling me i need thermal paste.

also, any reccomended monitors? im a visual artist if that helps finding out whats best for me.

Yeah, jeez you don't have any PC stuff lying around huh? X} Go with arctic silver for a cheap and fairly good one, it's about 7 bucks.

JustPlainQuirky
06-17-2014, 12:19 AM
Alright now dude talking something about a "rizor" or something for mounting the motherboard. Does that come with it?

edit: this guys accent...i dont understand. he said something about a "motherboard backing plate" or something. That comes with it too? Q-Q

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Alright now dude talking something about a "rizor" or something for mounting the motherboard. Does that come with it?

edit: this guys accent...i dont understand. he said something about a "motherboard backing plate" or something. That comes with it too? Q-Q

Anything for mounting or screws will come with the parts as well as all necessary cables.

As for monitors, get an IPS panel, LED, preferably of Asus brand. Don't bother with a TN panel those are for FPS fanatics that want to play at 120 fps with **** color quality.

Here's my personal build that I planned a bit back

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9kHdFT

Take the monitor from it, it's IPS with a 2 ms response time which is fantastic, you'll get minimal ghosting and optimal color. It really is ideal.

JustPlainQuirky
06-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Ah okay thank you :o