PDA

View Full Version : Cheater's Corner

TheeDesecrator
06-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Who here wants to out themselves as cheaters to expose this awful Free-To-Play model?

First off, I'm not a glitcher, I just want a decent bike for the job.

This game is terribly unreasonable. I've "spent" around $600 on cash and gems and I'm currently worrying that I don't have enough. I've now reached a breaking point where I don't care what happens to my account. If you are going to do FTP, at the least make it so the cost of upgrades is less than a console game. I, along with many others, would gladly give RedLynx $60 or less for the game. There are some really great tracks here, but I now hate them due to having a less-than-ideally upgraded bike and being on the clock having to beat someone(thing) else.

I tried, I really did, to do the right thing and grind and grind and grind. When a dozen or more hours of grinding doesn't do the trick for a small upgrade, shortcuts happen, and I made some shortcuts. I still grind, but I could never make it this far and retain sanity without "spending" $600.

I hate that I resorted to cracking a game by developers I love. If your monetizer were more reasonable, I would've gladly paid $20 or so to be able to actually play the game. As of now, I think I'm close to done.

TheRealTeeHill
06-15-2014, 01:56 PM
$600 O_o

It is outrageous! It's not like UbiLynx are a small outfit and NEED the money. If anyone should out themselves it should be the people who decided the FTP model should be this expensive. So we can throw a digital brick at them!

xitooner
06-15-2014, 03:38 PM
I tried, I really did, to do the right thing and grind and grind and grind. When a dozen or more hours of grinding doesn't do the trick for a small upgrade, shortcuts happen, and I made some shortcuts. I still grind, but I could never make it this far and retain sanity without "spending" $600.

Let he who is without F2P sin cast the first stone. :)

I understand and sympathize. . .and casting no stones. Its essentially the "Robin Hood" syndrome, where the customer feels cheated/gouged "first" by RL, and so the customer does whatever they need to get what they want as "justice", even though in a "fair world" they would have gladly paid a fair wage for services. As it is, they gave us the game for nothing and so by finding ways to pay nothing. . .whats actually changed?

Its an interesting ethical conundrum, but one where I feel both sides have lost something; it may be small, but its there. If its going to weigh on you, I suggest that when you finish the game, you determine the fair price for you, pay it, and walk away. (although any form of payment as the game stands today will encourage the monetization model, which really irks me)

All I know is that F2P-cheating hell is going to be a very crowded, so lets have a party. . .and I'll bring the beer. :)

PS: I really hate those upgrade times! If anyone knows how to make that time "fly by easier", (you KNOW what I mean, sing a happy song, etc, right?) please let me know. . . :)

eflixxx
06-15-2014, 06:45 PM
i have not done the maths, but the true cost of just one fully upgraded tier three bike are in the thousands of dollars. your 600 wont take you very far. they are very greedy.

TheeDesecrator
06-15-2014, 09:57 PM
That's insane. I'm only a couple upgrades into the Berserker, but I believe it as it is already expensive. This truly is the greediest of the FTP games I've seen.

I'm switching to Android in a few months and I will likely go legit for that and maybe even drop $20, but as xitooner states above, I don't want to encourage the FTP model, yet I want to support RedLynx (I did buy 3 copies of Fusion, so hope that helps).

Smeggles
06-16-2014, 11:41 AM

eflixxx
06-16-2014, 11:43 AM
^^ relax.. he only "spent" it..

Smeggles
06-16-2014, 11:46 AM
^^ relax.. he only "spent" it..

I noticed the " " marks after I replied, well, **** the devs and their weak *** game if it can be cheated this easy. Took me 20 seconds to find out how to myself...

Do they expect people not to cheat if it really takes this much moolah to get anywhere in this game?

I'm only level 12 so at the moment there doesn't seem any reason to cheat or put money in but I guess that'll change at a higher level.

aztormac
06-16-2014, 01:17 PM
You should ask yourself "Why these free-to-play games are EVERYWHERE ?"
Because some peoples are ready to spend hundreds $€ in there. And honestly I'm glad that we are not in a pay-to-win...

MaTiSpOrT
06-16-2014, 01:47 PM
That's insane. I'm only a couple upgrades into the Berserker, but I believe it as it is already expensive. This truly is the greediest of the FTP games I've seen.

I'm switching to Android in a few months and I will likely go legit for that and maybe even drop $20, but as xitooner states above, I don't want to encourage the FTP model, yet I want to support RedLynx (I did buy 3 copies of Fusion, so hope that helps).
None is supporting RL anymore if we spend money on any game from RL we are supporting Ubisoft not RL...

I found an interesting article few days ago... probably i wont buy a game from ubisoft anymore...

However, "For years, we've designed games where we expect time is the resource we expect everybody to have." Like other segements of the industry, Ubisoft has come to recognize that some players have more money than time

That's because they're generally convenience purchases, and the games aren't balanced to force players to buy them

Source:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/219149/Ubisofts_trouble_with_Uplay_love_for_companion_app s_and_microtransactions_.php?utm_content=buffer765 5a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

aztormac
06-16-2014, 02:01 PM
About the cheaters don't be fool... The slot machine and the garage requires an internet connection for something...

FrozenWaterfall
06-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Not sure why the slot machine and garage both need an internet connection. They don't even run on the same clock. The slot machine timing is based on your phone, while the garage timing is done through Uplay (I think).

xitooner
06-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Not sure why the slot machine and garage both need an internet connection. They don't even run on the same clock. The slot machine timing is based on your phone, while the garage timing is done through Uplay (I think).

They do it to prevent circumventing their F2P mechanism; other wise you could upgrade/spin at will by messing with time, and not "feel the pain" so central to F2P.

Not sure uplay is required for either... but the bare minimum implementation would be an internet connection so they can access a server somewhere (uplay or otherwise). I am pretty sure they check/record that servers time instead of our phones time; that matches what you experience if you mess with time; they KNOW what the time really is since you last ran it. By requiring an internet connection to both initiate and end an upgrade, they seem to have locked that down fairly thoroughly. (I admire the simplicity of their upgrade fix, if not their intent) :) The slot machine... they require an internet connection to spin at the minimum, which gives them a similar reference point for the hourly checks.

FrozenWaterfall
06-16-2014, 11:55 PM
They do it to prevent circumventing their F2P mechanism; other wise you could upgrade/spin at will by messing with time, and not "feel the pain" so central to F2P.

Not sure uplay is required for either... but the bare minimum implementation would be an internet connection so they can access a server somewhere (uplay or otherwise). I am pretty sure they check/record that servers time instead of our phones time; that matches what you experience if you mess with time; they KNOW what the time really is since you last ran it. By requiring an internet connection to both initiate and end an upgrade, they seem to have locked that down fairly thoroughly. (I admire the simplicity of their upgrade fix, if not their intent) :) The slot machine... they require an internet connection to spin at the minimum, which gives them a similar reference point for the hourly checks.
Yeah, I know why they do it. I'm not sure why they both need an internet connection, as the slot machine definitely runs on your phone's time, at least on Android. Sent you a PM explaining.

Not sure where the check is done. I assumed it was Uplay since everything seems to be linked to it for some reason. Ubisoft love their DRM, almost as much as they love acting like they don't use DRM when they actually do.

TheeDesecrator
06-21-2014, 11:03 AM
None is supporting RL anymore if we spend money on any game from RL we are supporting Ubisoft not RL...

I don't have the distaste for Ubisoft that most people in the forum seem to have. I actually quite like Ubisoft. Some things annoy me and I hope they don't get worse, but overall, I view them as one of the better of the very large publishers. Also, of course RL gets a cut.