PDA

View Full Version : Possible Far Cry 4 easter egg for Assassin's Creed?

CurlicuedStorm5
06-15-2014, 10:06 AM
This has probably already been brought up or is me just being a little over the top but I definitely see the Assassin's symbol near the bottom of this new villain's jacket, right beneath where it's buttoned up. Just me? You think it's an intentional little design easter egg or coincidental? Also this is my first post here, I'll probably be posting more since I'm really enjoying AC4 and looking forward to Unity, haven't really been into the series since AC2.

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/1179/11799911/2532336-farcrynew.jpg

Animusaurus
06-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Meh, i wouldn't say it is referencing it…Ubisoft are more likely to have Abstergo imagery for easter eggs.

rrebe
06-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Interesting observation, but I think it's just a coincident.

Oh and welcome to the forums! :cool:

CurlicuedStorm5
06-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Meh, i wouldn't say it is referencing it…Ubisoft are more likely to have Abstergo imagery for easter eggs.

Did they not actually have that in DLC for FarCry 3? Something about going to an Abstergo base? I have this sneaking suspicion that Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, and FarCry are all set in the same universe. They are pretty much identical in their open world mechanics and have hints all over the place. I'm probably wrong, but if there's any series worthy of speculation it's Assassin's Creed.

Interesting observation, but I think it's just a coincident.

Oh and welcome to the forums! :cool:

Thank you! Have other people mentioned this on the forums? It's literally the first thing I noticed when I saw the art. I think my brain has gone into overdrive on making connections between Ubisoft open world games recently due to the connections found with Watch Dogs.

YazX_
06-15-2014, 11:54 AM
well:

Nothing is True, Everything is permitted!

Jexx21
06-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Officially, they aren't in the same universe, they just like putting easter eggs in the games for fun.

In my mind, they're all in the same universe but their stories will never intersect with one another so we'll never see a serious impact from the worlds of the other series. And if there's ever some sort of world catastrophe in one of these series, it probably won't show up in the other one. Then my head canon will change to: they're all in the same universe but they're all also in different timelines of the same universe (essentially, parallel universes that are extremely close to each other).