PDA

View Full Version : R6 Siege Gunplay/Customization

YoProF
06-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Looking at the E3 gameplay Im very excited to play the new R6.
But the gunplay felt a bit weird to me :confused:

The recoil was extremly low, it would be great to see high recoil for more skilled matches

The gun in the gameplay has 31 bullets, that means: 30 bullets inside the magazine + 1 inside the chamber
If there are bullets inside the magazine/chamber and you'll reload, you'll get 31 bulllets.
When you shoot all you're bullets and reload you'll also get 31 bullets. This should be 30. That 1 bullet is from last round and doesn't fit inside that 30 round magazine.

During the gameplay the icon that shows the amount of bullets you have, wasn't always proberly synchronized with the shooting.
http://youtu.be/6wlvYh0h63k?t=2m33s
This seems a little bug where the icon doesn't change at all, while he's shooting.

* I would love to see some gun custumization, like silencer, flash lights, scopes and maybe some fancy new stuff? ;)

* Customization of the characters would be nice. To change the appearance of your character just the way you like.
Some fancy things like bandanas, scarfs and helmets to make your own personal character.
And some tactical stuff like different kinds of armor.

I hope you guys like these ideas :cool:

Sorry for my bad English :nonchalance:

Robbiej68
06-15-2014, 01:47 PM
I'am sure they will correct the recoil, because there was none :)
.....and yes it's looks odd that you will get 31 in a empty reload.
It's pre alpha and there is still a long way to go.

Dome500
06-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Yeah I hope they'll correct the recoil.
As for the customization: YES PLEASE.

mattyxb
06-15-2014, 09:35 PM
keeping the character customization is a must.

TheCyrcus.TTV
06-23-2014, 03:40 AM
Agreed, especially with character customization. I'm a pretty artistic / creative person, so I love character customization. It's another form of expressing ones self. It also leaves more openings for ranking unlocks.

Real720
06-23-2014, 05:07 AM
Agreed, especially with character customization. I'm a pretty artistic / creative person, so I love character customization. It's another form of expressing ones self. It also leaves more openings for ranking unlocks.
I would have to strongly disagree. Other than the 3rd-person wack-a-mole gameplay mechanic that plagued Vegas 1 and 2, the feature that killed the multiplayer atmosphere in those games was the superfluous amount of character customization, appearance-wise, allowed in the game. I loathed seeing players wearing bs clothing/gear such as pink tank tops, "Spiderman" armor, the "Blue Man Group" outfit, and etc. The bottom line is that the game should keep character customization down to a minimum, at least to a point where it's deemed realistic and believable.

Pest_AWC
06-23-2014, 05:46 AM
I would have to strongly disagree. Other than the 3rd-person wack-a-mole gameplay mechanic that plagued Vegas 1 and 2, the feature that killed the multiplayer atmosphere in those games was the superfluous amount of character customization, appearance-wise, allowed in the game. I loathed seeing players wearing bs clothing/gear such as pink tank tops, "Spiderman" armor, the "Blue Man Group" outfit, and etc. The bottom line is that the game should keep character customization down to a minimum, at least to a point where it's deemed realistic and believable.

I agree with most of this. Vegas was a bunch of multi-colored mercenaries running around with big coins floating over there heads because it was the only way to tell who was on your team. That had absolutely nothing to do with anything in Rainbow six books or games. Players need to have matching colors and camo patterns.

That being said, I am fine with things like a custom arm-patch like Ravenshield had, and even face mapping from Vegas. Realistic choices for body armor and head gear are also fine, as long as it stays color-coordinated with your team. Body sizes would also be realistic. I would imagine a larger soldier would be slower and have more target area to be shot, but be able to carry more equipment and perhaps sustain a little more damage. As long as it is realistic and balanced, go for it.

TheCyrcus.TTV
06-24-2014, 03:27 AM
No, of course I don't want to see idiots running around in pink shirts. That crap ruins immersion, but I love customization within the bounds of realism.

sgt_brent
06-25-2014, 01:41 AM
No, of course I don't want to see idiots running around in pink shirts. That crap ruins immersion, but I love customization within the bounds of realism.

The trend in gaming lately is more serious, and of darker tones. I would love to see silly outfits and colours attached to the customization system in Siege, but honestly I don't think it will happen. That type of humour would have fit in well 5-10 years ago......

Games take themselves too seriously anymore.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Thank You for your feedback.