PDA

View Full Version : Question from a PS4 noob: On-Disc Languages

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 08:03 AM
The obligatory disclaimer first: I did search for this over google & elsewhere, and couldn't get an unequivocal answer. Sorry if this is too silly a question.

I played AC through AC3 on a laptop with only intel integrated graphics via Steam; for this year's releases, which certainly won't even launch on my machine, I went ahead and bought a PS4. (Which would also mean that I'd never have to boot into windows, and keep my laptop on linux full time; but I digress.)

On Steam, it's easy to pick/change the voiceover language (just a dropdown menu, and a brief download).

How does it work on the PS4? Are there audio files for multiple languages on the disc? (Some PC games, like Mass Effect 3, had this.) Or, is audio-language tied to whichever 'region' you happen to have bought your disc from?

I live in the US, but I like to play my games in German.

I'd be glad if someone could share his/her knowledge about this. Thanks a lot.

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 04:45 PM
*bump*

sorry about that -- but the thread got buried down far too quickly last night.

HercRembrandt
06-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Not sure, but it's very possible that the language choice is simply not there if you bought the game in the US.

The situation is kinda silly. Various language options ought to be available to download regardless of location at least. It's not like that would be impossible to arrange with current tech.

Xstantin
06-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Black Flag on PS4 has English, French, Spanish and Portuguese BR as spoken languages. I live in the States as well.

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the responses!

Various language options ought to be available to download regardless of location at least. It's not like that would be impossible to arrange with current tech.

Yeah, and Steam is proof that it's easily done.

Black Flag on PS4 has English, French, Spanish and Portuguese BR as spoken languages. I live in the States as well.

So it looks like the disc is an 'Americas' edition.... that's good to know, thanks.

How about the 'region lock'? I've read conflicting info about this: Can I order a disc from Germany, and would it work on my US-bought PS4?