PDA

View Full Version : Editor Objects Wishlist (DLC's)

Torphid
06-14-2014, 03:12 AM
As we know, in addition to multiplayer being added, Track CentraI being fixed up, leaderboards being corrected, some minor editor fixes, and tournaments being added there will also be new objects and items coming to the editor in the upcoming DLC's.
I just thought it would be a good idea for creators (or anyone) to post some ideas of what items or objects they would like to see added to the Editor in the upcoming DLC's.
Feel free to be very specific. I'm just curious to know what objects/items people have been craving. :)

A few things id like to see are more smaller objects in general. While the big objects are very cool, there definitely isn't enough small objects (like on Evo) to create custom objects and other things. Everything is SUPERSIZED.

Also, (I'm sure everyone is thinking this) wood. Wood definitely needs to comeback. I know Fusion is going for the "futuristic look" (which I enjoy) we still definitely need wood. Benches, planks, fences, 2x4's, plywood, etc.

They're definitely more things but I'm going to stop rambling and let you guys suggest. :cool:

ObeseSpectator
06-14-2014, 03:53 AM
A horizontal sea foam water effect would be nice to lay over the placid water that we have. Along the same lines as you suggested: chain-link fences, sheet metal, wooden pallets, wooden floor boards (to make hardwood floors), iron/steel I-beams, color tinted glass, brick walls, hollow barrel drums, rope, asphalt, and much smaller variants of rectangular objects (like that of the concrete boarding) to create neater archways and structures. Although the aforementioned objects are desirable, they aren't necessary to accommodate most peoples tracks, and the current list of objects can suffice in most instances to allow creative freedom.

Torphid
06-14-2014, 04:21 AM
I also would like to see cinder blocks back and maybe something like "Caution tape". That'd be sweet

ObeseSpectator
06-14-2014, 04:27 AM
Definitely cinder blocks/brick, and caution tape doesn't seem too far fetched since the chains in game are currently just two sided decals, so the tape could work like that.

Torphid
06-14-2014, 04:32 AM
Also with the piles of leaves, rubble, snow, etc. I hope they'll add a "dirt pile" like in Evo. Very handy, to use as dirt, blood, and other things. And hopefully they can be switched to "decoration only". Not sure why the snow piles cant be decoration only.

ObeseSpectator
06-14-2014, 04:36 AM
Pile of blood? :nonchalance:

But I get your drift, there should be a wider variety of environmental objects.

Torphid
06-14-2014, 04:41 AM
Pile of blood? :nonchalance:

lol, I mean if you position it right you can make it look like a pool or splatter of blood or any other liquid. Unfortunately you can't change the color of the piles in Fusion :/

ObeseSpectator
06-14-2014, 04:56 AM
Ha, I got what you meant initially, and the inability to alter pile colors is what caused me a great amount of grief in Evo where the sand couldn't be made white to look like snow. I guess the past is doomed to repeat itself, but hey we have snow and dead trees now.

GasClown
06-14-2014, 05:28 AM
Wood is obviously one as I've voiced before and so is smaller objects. Another major thing to me is having objects which are worn/weathered and more gritty (and even rusted). Basically, less shine, more grit even with the metals. I think, then they'd meld nicer with the more natural objects like woods if they introduce them as well. I much prefer that dystopian sci-fi style rather than the super shiny stuff. You know - something that actually looks like it's been lived in (or ridden on).

fleskeknoke
06-14-2014, 08:48 AM
XoHAYDNoX (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889548-Suggestion-New-Material-option) had an idea earlier about having a slider
like we got on color now, but with dirt/corrosion/scratches on the editor objects.
Would be fabulous with sliders like that.
More than likely we are not going to see this tho, maby next trials.

Torphid
06-14-2014, 10:07 AM
Great point, that idea sounds awesome. Everything is so bright and shiny currently. So you're almost kind of forced to center your track around a futuristic theme, given that there is no wood in the game currently. Welcome to the future.
But yeah, that sounds great. The ability to adjust the metal to make it rusty or scratched up. Great suggestion :cool:

thecrakfox
06-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I'd love some public domain music like Ride of the Valkyries and whatnot, as well as an easier way to create our own music.

A transparency slider for primes would be nice too.

fleskeknoke
06-14-2014, 07:54 PM
A transparency slider for primes would be nice too.
yeah absolutely!