PDA

View Full Version : Races won't start until I restart the game

Jodaro
06-13-2014, 08:47 PM
After the latest patch there's been a very annoying bug in the game that doesn't seem to affect many users.

What happens:
I start a race. I get to the race screen so I can see my bike and the track. But the countdown won't begin and I'm stuck there. I can use the menu to return to the lobby and start a new race but even then the races won't start. I have to force close the app and start it again to fix it. But the next time I return to the game I have to force close it again to fix the issue.

Expected result:
Race starts normally.

How to reproduce:
1. Start the game
2. Put the game in background and let your device idle for over one hour or more
3. Return to the game
4. Start a race

There's also a weird graphical glitch in the lobby that tells me when this countdown bug has started occurring. When playing trials the screen normally fills the entire screen hiding the navigation buttons. Every time the countdown bug starts occurring the navigation bar doesn't disappear like it normally does.

I have tried reinstalling the game but the problem presists.

Device: Nexus 5
Trials version: 1.5.0

FrozenWaterfall
06-14-2014, 03:05 AM
+1 this. This also causes parts of the screen (a thin bar) to remain on the top/left of the screen, depending on the previous menu. I fix it the same way as OP.

HTC One M8
Android 4.4.2
Frontier 1.5.0

the_hezy
06-14-2014, 03:51 PM
+1, but in my experience you can work around this bug by opening up 'Recents' (the right-hand button that pops up the list of apps you recently ran) and going back into Frontier.

IFTHISTHENTHAT
07-08-2014, 12:20 AM
PLUS ONE.

This happened to me today as well.

I'd like to make a special request for a dev or company representative to acknowledge they have seen this and are working to correct the issue.

Almost a month since OP made the thread, and nothing.

lespritdelescal
07-08-2014, 10:16 PM
+1 here as well. Using an nVidia Shield.

I find if I use the home button, it will let me start the race when I jump back into the game. I usually do this so I can finish the race without wasting my fuel,then I exit the app. As soon as I confirm the exit, the app restarts and everything works fine. If it helps, next time I can take a video.

Barrybarfly
07-10-2014, 10:53 AM

I find if I use the home button, it will let me start the race when I jump back into the game. I usually do this so I can finish the race without wasting my fuel,then I exit the app. As soon as I confirm the exit, the app restarts and everything works fine. If it helps, next time I can take a video.

Thats what I do as well. Force stopping the app works too as does a quick off and on of the phone. Still annoying though. Also means when you restart at a cp you have to exit the app to continue too.

CagBall
07-14-2014, 01:55 PM

I do this also. I think it happens when you lose internet connection while the app is open.

k2nph
07-14-2014, 02:54 PM
^^here too & also,
Ive had to uninstall/reinstall 4x now,
As it keeps letting me get so far, then after a while it keeps crashing constantly at the village.
Such a shame as i was loving the game.
Device: Galaxy note3

RetiredRonin
07-15-2014, 01:37 PM
I've reported this issue to the Frontier dev team. Thank you for letting us know!