PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a weather system in Unity?

king-hailz
06-13-2014, 01:39 PM
To be honest i dont think there will... i mean they havent said anything about it... also will there be a day and noght cycle... the reason im asking is because it looks so much like AC1 it makes me think these elements will be gone... what do you think?

Legendz54
06-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Day and night is obviously in otherwise they just stupid:rolleyes: What i want to know is if there will be snow like in AC3.

pacmanate
06-13-2014, 01:47 PM
@OP - WAT.

Of course there will be :S

RinoTheBouncer
06-13-2014, 03:41 PM
To be honest, Ubisoft’s been very disappointing since ACIII’s ending. From a badly directed ending to a plotless game to a half-a*sed modern day to relying on co-op to bring more online multiplayer fans to the table, the games been going down one after the other in terms of innovation and quality. Look at Metal Gear Solid games. They didn’t kill the soul of the game for the sake of more customers, they bring you the best graphics, the entertaining and connected story and the fun gameplay and they don’t take away the reasons you loved the game in favor of bringing new fans.

AC could focus a lot on making the world more alive with a better night/day cycle and weather system, more interesting and connected stories and a more single player-focused gameplay but no, instead they chose to try so hard to bring new people to the series even if it means causing old fans to leave.

m4r-k7
06-13-2014, 03:44 PM
To be honest, Ubisoftís been very disappointing since ACIIIís ending. From a badly directed ending to a plotless game to a half-a*sed modern day to relying on co-op to bring more online multiplayer fans to the table, the games been going down one after the other in terms of innovation and quality. Look at Metal Gear Solid games. They didnít kill the soul of the game for the sake of more customers, they bring you the best graphics, the entertaining and connected story and the fun gameplay and they donít take away the reasons you loved the game in favor of bringing new fans.

AC could focus a lot on making the world more alive with a better night/day cycle and weather system, more interesting and connected stories and a more single player-focused gameplay but no, instead they chose to try so hard to bring new people to the series even if it means causing old fans to leave.

Hmmm I would agree with you to some extent although if there is one thing that AC 3 did well - it was the weather. The weather was stunning, whether it was the snowy frontier that actually slowed you down, or it was the lightning and thunder storms in the city, the weather was stunning and immersive.

Legendz54
06-13-2014, 03:49 PM
^ I agree, Unfortunately AC gets them the $$$ I notice a pattern where they innovate heaps and make it fresh and then the next 1 or 2 games follow off that formula and then it repeats.. I hope AC unity doesn't feel bland.

Tree running may have been taken out
No Snow confirmed
No Hunting or Animals
Swimming might be gone
No more Naval obviously
Double counter which were pretty cool gone :(
Horses????
Cliff climbing

A lot of Content may have been removed.

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 03:54 PM
^Those contents would have felt tacked on in Paris anyway. I won't miss them.

RinoTheBouncer
06-13-2014, 03:55 PM
^ I agree, Unfortunately AC gets them the $$$ I notice a pattern where they innovate heaps and make it fresh and then the next 1 or 2 games follow off that formula and then it repeats.. I hope AC unity doesn't feel bland.

No Snow confirmed
No Hunting or Animals
Swimming might be gone
No more Naval obviously
Horses????
Cliff climbing

Yeah, I totally agree. They’ve been half-a*sing every game and only improving what’s mainstream and they didn’t even think that their first 2 games sold millions of copies and brought lots of money without multiplayer or that crap.

Hmmm I would agree with you to some extent although if there is one thing that AC 3 did well - it was the weather. The weather was stunning, whether it was the snowy frontier that actually slowed you down, or it was the lightning and thunder storms in the city, the weather was stunning and immersive.

AC3 was great, my friend. I loved every bit of it from modern day to historical to gameplay to story but I hated the way it ended. It’s not about happy or sad endings, it’s about being directed in a really bad way but a very unprofessional director. Compare how ACIII ended with AC:R ending. AC:R makes me cry and it doesn’t show anyone die, while in ACIII, I’m like “so?” and I’m a huge Desmond fan.

The weather was really great but as a fellow member quoted above said, they’re taking out a lot of great features from snow to horses to tree climbing..etc.

Legendz54
06-13-2014, 03:56 PM
I will miss a few of them I'm afraid, I just hope Unity doesn't feel too bland and plain.

m4r-k7
06-13-2014, 03:56 PM

No Snow confirmed
No Hunting or Animals
Swimming might be gone
No more Naval obviously
Horses????
Cliff climbing

Well all that was removed because those features were unique to more rural and nature heavy environments. We are going back to an urban environment for AC U so none of the above features you mentioned matter too much. I'm sure they have added more side missions and stuff to compensate for the loss of them.

jayjay275
06-13-2014, 03:57 PM
I would've missed snow, and that is all. I hope we get PROPER rain like we do in Watch_Dogs and Black Flag.

Kirokill
06-13-2014, 04:01 PM
The horses mechanics in AC1 were good, they've been worse after it.

ACfan443
06-13-2014, 04:06 PM

No Snow confirmed
No Hunting or Animals
Swimming might be gone
No more Naval obviously
Horses????
Cliff climbing

When was no snow/animals confirmed?

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I totally agree. They’ve been half-a*sing every game and only improving what’s mainstream and they didn’t even think that their first 2 games sold millions of copies and brought lots of money without multiplayer or that crap.

AC3 was great, my friend. I loved every bit of it from modern day to historical to gameplay to story but I hated the way it ended. It’s not about happy or sad endings, it’s about being directed in a really bad way but a very unprofessional director. Compare how ACIII ended with AC:R ending. AC:R makes me cry and it doesn’t show anyone die, while in ACIII, I’m like “so?” and I’m a huge Desmond fan.

The weather was really great but as a fellow member quoted above said, they’re taking out a lot of great features from snow to horses to tree climbing..etc.

Here's the thing dude.

I'll give you the weather, there's no reason for them to remove weather.

Horses though? Meh parkour is faster than ever, the only reason to use a horse was when you couldn't parkour continuously.

Tree Climbing.. You HAVE seen that the trees are far smaller than the buildings right? There's literally 0 reason to keep tree climbing.

Cliff climbing.. What bloody cliffs? You're in a fully developed city.

No more naval. Good riddance I say, look it was good and all but seriously this isn't a pirate game and I'm glad to have AC back and not some ******ed and unrelated mix of elements to appeal to a wider audience. Sailing got dull quickly and the ship battles are repetitive as all hell since you basically had to fight everything to upgrade your ship in 4.

Counters gone. While it's odd it's obvious they're just trying to make a battle system that isn't pressing a single button to end every encounter, they want challenge and realism now and I applaud them for it.

No hunting animals. So what? I sure as hell didn't go off for 5 hours in AC3 to gather skins cause money and crafting were USELESS. In AC4 I ONLY did it because I was forced to in order to upgrade my character. After I finished I didn't go around hunting animals because it was fun, it ****ing wasn't. It was just a lame quick time event.

A lot of these features only existed to patch up issues in the games, like in Rome where you wanted to go faster but there was nowhere to parkour, Naval was simply there to offer a poor excuse for variety instead of adding variety to the core of the game. Counter kills were cool but let's be honest here, they weren't doing the game any favors in terms of quality or enjoyment, it was cool but not fun or complex.

Animals and hunting is the absolute worst culprit. Introduced in 3 which introduced a ton of other pointless features that lead to nothing and have no purpose. All it does is give you crafting materials and money BOTH of which are useless unless you really have a desire to take on the naval missions with a fully upgraded ship.

You can beat the entire game easily without crafting, it's unnecessary. Money was pointless, there was no reason to buy a new weapon, your tomahawk is extremely effective you literally don't need anything else. There was literally no reason to hunt unless you really enjoyed endless QTE's or stalking animals with the same few methods.

In AC4 they merely tried to give it life by making it required but they didn't improve, it's the same crap as before, either QTE it, run up and stab it, or TRY to make the unenjoyable busy work enjoyable by giving yourself restrictions or trying to air assassinate animals.

They were all empty features that served to make the games they were in enjoyable in areas where they otherwise wouldn't have been, they are unnecessary in Unity which seems to have upgraded that which really matters, the main game which is what you'll be doing most of the time. You know.. being an assassin.

AC4 could have done nothing new other than upgrade the systems like Unity is doing and I would have likely considered it the best AC yet. As it stands it has too many features that AC3 ruined and thus is lower on my list.

We don't need all this extra crap, what happened to the times when fans loved AC for AC and not for it's ridiculous over stuffing of pointless features?

AC Unity is exactly what we wanted after AC1, a true and proper AC and nothing else. No distractions, just you, ridiculously tall and large buildings to leap and bound and now fly down from, dozens of targets awaiting you to plant your hidden blade firmly in their neck, massive crowds waiting to serve as your cover as you push them out of the way to deliver death to your targets. Freedom in our approach to kill a target, stealth that can be activated at will, combat that promises to keep things enjoyable without making you feel invincible.

Megas_Doux
06-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Look at Metal Gear Solid games. They didn’t kill the soul of the game for the sake of more customers, they bring you the best graphics, the entertaining and connected story and the fun gameplay and they don’t take away the reasons you loved the game in favor of bringing new fans.

Kojima released a 50 minutes game for 30 dollars,he is not an example of good practices anymore......

No Snow confirmed
No Hunting or Animals
Swimming might be gone
No more Naval obviously
Horses????
Cliff climbing

There is NO reason to remove snow, nor confirm it at this point.
Hunting in the middle of Paris just does not fit.
Again, why would they remove swimming, Paris was building around a river.....
Naval???? I loved it, but if the game is mainly inland, well......
tree running and cliffs? to me is the same as Connor using a bow and Edward a blowpipe. Besides, there are NO real mountains near Paris.
Double counters go against the whole "letīs revamp our combat".
Horses might the the only thing ,however if they cant make it function properly,, better remove them.

Legendz54
06-13-2014, 04:18 PM
When was no snow/animals confirmed?

The game is set in the city of Paris only.. I think we many see dogs and chickens but thats it... No Bears or wolves or Deer.. I am not sure about the Snow yet. I wish they added a little forest area for hunting and non urban interactions.

deskp
06-13-2014, 04:25 PM
No Snow confirmed
No Hunting or Animals
Swimming might be gone
No more Naval obviously
Horses????
Cliff climbing

They havent removed anything, unity is a new ac game buildt from the ground up.

ze_topazio
06-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Kojima released a 50 minutes game for 30 dollars,he is not an example of good practices anymore......

I paid 29.99 Euros for Ground Zeroes, I regret nothing!

king-hailz
06-13-2014, 06:47 PM

No Snow confirmed
No Hunting or Animals
Swimming might be gone
No more Naval obviously
Horses????
Cliff climbing

Swimming will not be gone as their is a massive river going right trough paris... i think horse riding will be back as on the making of AC Unity they show a glimpse of a horse in gameplay... so i think you will use the horse to go to and from versaille.

About snowy paris... it rains in paris and it snows, it will be beautiful if they add snow!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xKNUxOfzV2o/TQD_apKDrZI/AAAAAAAAEQw/JW6CRMyvJ1M/s1600/Notre%2BDame%2Bunder%2Bsnow.jpg

king-hailz
06-13-2014, 06:56 PM
To be honest, Ubisoftís been very disappointing since ACIIIís ending. From a badly directed ending to a plotless game to a half-a*sed modern day to relying on co-op to bring more online multiplayer fans to the table, the games been going down one after the other in terms of innovation and quality. Look at Metal Gear Solid games. They didnít kill the soul of the game for the sake of more customers, they bring you the best graphics, the entertaining and connected story and the fun gameplay and they donít take away the reasons you loved the game in favor of bringing new fans.

I agree with you so much on desmonds end... i literally think AC4 was a goodbye to desmond because of how badly his death was presented... if you watch an interview of Amancio talking about how he handles narrative... he really knows what he is talking about... the end of of ACR was a lot thanks to him... i also agree with you on the fact that nothing happened in AC4! I watched a video of someone's prediction on AC4 before it came out... i wished it ended like that!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2XRbs29SSQ

Also Amancio is talking a lot more about the modern day of the game than people have done before. So lets have some hope Rino!

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 06:57 PM

You're just a sheep that'll gobble up anything with Kojima written on it!

Megas_Doux
06-13-2014, 11:24 PM

Really??????

THAT WAS A SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/NjA9V1Vn2TE/mqdefault.jpg

Dome500
06-13-2014, 11:46 PM
We NEED a weather system (rain, snow, sunshine, etc.)

As for horses => Don't need them in Paris. Besides, they never got it right anyway
Swimming => Will 100% be in, Paris has a river
Naval => Obviously gone, I won't miss it
Double Counter (and Counter in General) gone => HALLELUJA FINALLY, counters were the absolute weak point of the combat system making it way too simple.
Hunting & Animals => Well, we are not in the wilderness. But I think those systems will return in other games. I don't mind them gone for now.

IMO there is more positive then negative, and some thing will DEFINITELY be in (weather for example).

You're just a sheep that'll gobble up anything with Kojima written on it!

Not necessarily.

Ground Zeroes has a very high replay value and amazing mechanics and it occupies you for way more than 10 hours.
Besides, there are games out there which take 4 - 6 hours and cost 60 $, I'm fine with paying 20 bucks for GZ. (not 30, sure, but 20, no problem)-

JustPlainQuirky
06-13-2014, 11:49 PM
Tree climbing is always fun for me. I'll miss it.

Not swimming though. Swimming in Assassin's Creed suuuuuuucks.

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2014, 11:58 PM
@Rhinobouncer you make a bold claim...mostly in representation of yourself. Very few people think that AC 4 was worse than AC3 and the reaction to Unity has been overwhelmingly positive..

How can you say that they are just trying to add more for the sake of getting more people to the game when the entire marketing point is the reinvention of the core mechanics? I liked AC3 too but it was the most halfassed game of the series..maybe behind Revelations..but Revelations only had a year.

I think Paris should have horses.

They are likely there..we have seen horse drawn carriages in the IGN vid..
Also where was snow confirmed to not be in the game?

Megas_Doux
06-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Not necessarily.

Ground Zeroes has a very high replay value and amazing mechanics and it occupies you for way more than 10 hours.
Besides, there are games out there which take 4 - 6 hours and cost 60 $, I'm fine with paying 20 bucks for GZ. (not 30, sure, but 20, no problem)-

HUGE Metal Gear Solid fan here!

And Ground zeroes was pure GREED. I completed the "game" with ALL the optional objectives within 55 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much of a joke that is, sure the mechanics are awesome, but was that worth a FULL release??? I do NOT think so, 10 hours??????? Come on!!!!!!!

Back on topic, I am craving to see Paris during winter.....

JarekKorczynski
06-14-2014, 01:53 AM
As for horses => Don't need them in Paris. Besides, they never got it right anyway

There will be horses, I think. Some may be seen inside the Bastille in the cinematic trailer; and usually, these trailers tend to hint at features and mechanics in the final game, right?

Jexx21
06-14-2014, 02:06 AM
Rino, sometimes I agree with you, most of the time I don't. I'm really tired of you stating that Ubisoft is loosing the soul of the AC series or that the games aren't as connected as before as they are still as connected and AC Unity is set to bring the game back to the core ideas of the series, thus restoring its soul. Weather is most likely going to be in, at least rain. And in 1789 there was a harsh winter that led to revolts so if we don't get a winter at the beginning of the game (Arno joins the order in 1789) I would be pretty surprised.

JustPlainQuirky
06-14-2014, 02:09 AM
SO YOU GUYS ARE TELLING ME....

You are unsure WHETHER or not WEATHER will be in the game?

*snort*

*cough*

*gack*

Dome500
06-14-2014, 05:53 PM
HUGE Metal Gear Solid fan here!

And Ground zeroes was pure GREED. I completed the "game" with ALL the optional objectives within 55 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much of a joke that is, sure the mechanics are awesome, but was that worth a FULL release??? I do NOT think so, 10 hours??????? Come on!!!!!!!

Back on topic, I am craving to see Paris during winter.....

Everyone is different.
I agree the price was to high and we could have had 1 or 2 missions more.

Non the less it is what it is.
Kojima wanted to show the mechanics and gameplay and he did.
You weren't forced to buy it and I am sure it will also be in a package together with The Phantom Pain later on.

See it as a Beta.
Man, there are a lot of betas costing the same or even more than that and are 90% of the time worse than this game. And there are a lot of stupid idiots buying this s*** as it comes out.
Yes, I think the pricing was completely idiotic considering the length of the game.
But I have to admit the gameplay is amazing and the game has potential for more than 10 hours of gameplay when replaying the missions in different ways and experimenting with the huge environment.

Rino, sometimes I agree with you, most of the time I don't. I'm really tired of you stating that Ubisoft is loosing the soul of the AC series or that the games aren't as connected as before as they are still as connected and AC Unity is set to bring the game back to the core ideas of the series, thus restoring its soul. Weather is most likely going to be in, at least rain. And in 1789 there was a harsh winter that led to revolts so if we don't get a winter at the beginning of the game (Arno joins the order in 1789) I would be pretty surprised.

Agree with you.

Though one thing I have to say Rhino is right about most of the time: I am also - like he is - sad about the lack of Modern Day importance content and the lack of a real interesting story in MD (as well as the lack of a character with a real personality in MD).

You are unsure WHETHER or not WEATHER will be in the game?

I am telling you I am 100% sure weather will be in the game.
I mean come on, we have weather since AC3.
And this is next gen.

Sushiglutton
06-14-2014, 07:22 PM
I def hope different weather is in the game and my guess is that there will be. I think it's a very cool feature in open-world games as it completely changes the mood of the location and that add variety. Rain could also affect line of sight.