PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Creed Unity and my Wishlist/hopes/fears

jd55513
06-13-2014, 03:05 AM
AC Unity has had some time to show itself, with me and the rest of the community eagerly awaiting more interviews, articles and developer diaries(IGN ones) i have here some of my most highly desired items and features which i hope in the constraints of development can come into fruition.Some of these are plausible and some of most likely unable to make it into the game.. So here goes.

In order of Hype and Desire....#7-1
7. Assassin creed 3 type of cinematic and sometimes 2 chain kills: I killed like 20,000 peoples just to exhaust all the types of kill animation.....

6. RPG level of Customization :We can all dream.......

5. Black Flag level of content/sidequest.Black flag is in my top favorites for how long it took me to complete 100% and get the platinum. I loved the Naval contracts and most side-quest were very dynamic leaving for many opportunities of play-style.

4. Return of Assassin Tombs and secret armors/robes. Reason: Bling....Nuff said.

3. Revamped Economy system similar to Assassin Creed Brotherhood. With much controversy surrounding the tedious amount of playtime and activities that had to be completed for completing upgrading a city/district many people found the economy system of other games repetitive and unrewarding besides 100% sync and Trophy/achievement. I, on the contrary believe it added to the fun and immersion that allowed me to fall in love with the Ezio saga and the city/culture itself it was well worth 15-20 hours of time to hear that cool ambient sound when purchasing property and monuments

2. Jesper Kyd and Lorne Balfe: Reason. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIrovVoZsrE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxXdzXlu7H8

1. Brotherhood Animus Training Rooms. PLEASE have co- op integrated so that friends can complete in a variety of parkour, stealth and # of kills earned together in a Animus space like in Brotherhood it was fun and challenging and with co-op in Unity, it could be even more epic.

Fears: My only fears are that the game might be rushed and fall in quality. But since this project is being worked on by thousands of people i have my doubts(hopefully there justified) I hope they don't do the COD Ghost Personization Packs for the alleged customization in the game(DON'T DO THIS) it is cheap and lousy.....

I hoped you enjoyed reading and i would love to hear your opinions and feedback!

JustPlainQuirky
06-13-2014, 03:07 AM
Just give the templars tricorn hats and I'll be fine.

jd55513
06-13-2014, 03:11 AM
Really......

LoyalACFan
06-13-2014, 03:14 AM
Just give the templars tricorn hats and I'll be fine.

Might we ourselves be able to acquire the glory that is a tricorn?

jd55513
06-13-2014, 03:17 AM
Might we ourselves be able to acquire the glory that is a tricorn?

There wont be any problem with tricorns because we have axes and spear to destroy them...:)

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 04:19 AM
My one and only fear is that they'll **** it up and not implement all this ****.

I've said it before and I'll say it again I would rather they delay Unity up to two years if it means we get the game with ALL of the features we saw in the trailer..

For ****s sake Ubisoft... Do. Not. ****. This. Up.

Oh yeah and if they showed us graphics that they can't deliver. So far they've done well with AC, delivering us the graphics displayed in their game play trailers but I'm just noting it here.

JustPlainQuirky
06-13-2014, 04:23 AM
We aren't worthy of the holy tricorn hats. http://i.imgur.com/Alhq3eb.png

LoyalACFan
06-13-2014, 05:12 AM
Oh yeah and if they showed us graphics that they can't deliver. So far they've done well with AC, delivering us the graphics displayed in their game play trailers but I'm just noting it here.

AC3 and AC4 actually looked graphically worse at E3 than in the final release, lol.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 05:25 AM
AC3 and AC4 actually looked graphically worse at E3 than in the final release, lol.

I saw it in 4 but not 3 since I didn't really notice 3 lol.

I hope that continues to be the case. I just really want them to come through for us fans this time with this game. I don't want to dream anymore of a perfect AC, make it happen Ubisoft.

jd55513
06-13-2014, 05:52 AM
My one and only fear is that they'll **** it up and not implement all this ****.

I've said it before and I'll say it again I would rather they delay Unity up to two years if it means we get the game with ALL of the features we saw in the trailer..

For ****s sake Ubisoft... Do. Not. ****. This. Up.

I agree with you but they have been hard at work with like 5 major divisions of Ubisoft all working in conjunction with each other, plus they have had almost 4 years. Personally i rather they push it back till next year and solely focus on Comet but oh well.

jd55513
06-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Personally for me at least I have Black Flags for PS3 and PS4 and i definitely say that the ps3 version looked the best in my opinion

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:06 AM
I agree with you but they have been hard at work with like 5 major divisions of Ubisoft all working in conjunction with each other, plus they have had almost 4 years. Personally i rather they push it back till next year and solely focus on Comet but oh well.

What would be your reasoning for getting Comet out first?

I'd much rather Unity come out first, especially with the features it's supposed to have. I mean really, this is what we've all been waiting for, crowds that are actually crowds, putting meaning to the phrase "I'm just a blade in the crowd", parkour that gives us actual freedom of movement, combat that is more skill based, stealth that doesn't require an unnatural arrangement of plants and hay carts in obvious unnatural arrangements in order to remain undetected, co-op.

You can rest assured that 360/PS3 can't handle that many NPC's on screen. I'm also quite sure that it's incapable of having maps at that height level.

I'm glad they're moving on early to next gen and this from a man who has a PC that hasn't played an AC game at smooth and stable frame rates since AC4 and doesn't yet own a PS4.

Here at long last is my reason to get a PS4. Funniest thing AC1 was the reason I got the PS3. The graphics were mind boggling to me back then as I never had a powerful enough PC to play Crysis at acceptable frame rates.

Assassins Creed has been my incentive to get a console across the two generations that it now spans. If it wasn't here, I'd be waiting till 2015 no doubt or later waiting for the announcement of a release date of KH3/FFXV but I don't have to since what looks to be the finest iteration of my favorite new IP of last gen is on it's way.

LoyalACFan
06-13-2014, 06:12 AM
What would be your reasoning for getting Comet out first?

I'd much rather Unity come out first, especially with the features it's supposed to have.

That's kind of why I think Comet will be out first. They have to realize a lot of people are going to be buying both, and it's going to be really hard to go back to the old mechanics (which I'm assuming Comet is using) after playing Unity.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:34 AM
That's kind of why I think Comet will be out first. They have to realize a lot of people are going to be buying both, and it's going to be really hard to go back to the old mechanics (which I'm assuming Comet is using) after playing Unity.

Makes sense business wise but they haven't even shown anything about Comet and Unity is a mere four months away.

IMO the message they've sent is, we haven't forgotten about old gen BUT we really want to overhaul the series and get a fresh game out onto the new consoles.

I agree about mechanics, if Comet uses old mechanics I won't even consider playing it, after the freedom of movement that the new parkour is supposed to use and the new stealth I probably won't even play the older games if this is executed well.

Plus the city is going to put even Italy to shame, that is obvious right now.

It's truly exciting to see that this game could possibly be so good that it makes the other games look bland by comparison.

jd55513
06-13-2014, 03:24 PM

I agree that is why i'm very interested in Comet, and why it should release first. originally i thought Comet would be like Liberation was to AC3 with it being set in the French Revolution and following a different character in Versailles or Belgium but to me, from a Business Standpoint. Releasing Comet using the assets of AC BF and AC3 would be less expensive and "copy and paste" which is the most likely.

I'm interested in how good in quality it will be. but to me. it's stupid to reveal it in July and August that's to close to its likely October release.

m4r-k7
06-13-2014, 03:36 PM
The thing I am scared about most is that it will suffer from the same problem as AC 3 did - too many studios working on it.
There were so many studios working on AC 3 which meant management was almost impossible. However, Black Flag had 8 studios and that turned out great so lets hope that 10 studios for this game will pay off.