PDA

View Full Version : New slot machine runs are tougher!

xitooner
06-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Looks like they have expanded their track list for the slot machine. . .which I like.

Unfortunately (and maybe it has to do with my high level of slot machine), they have a distinct tendency to make me do inverted airtime.....

I had to set silver, (but most importantly) 7 seconds of inverted hangtime on a tier 3 track (Trojan Giraffe). Took me longer than I thought I would...

Then they asked for Gold, 6 frontflips, and 5 seconds of inverted hangtime on Pipe Basin. Best I could get (and get gold) after 20+ minutes was 4 seconds....and then I decided it just wasnt worth it. . . .

LerryJawler
06-12-2014, 08:50 PM
yep im getting hard ones like gold on tanktops with the phantom and 3 seconds inverted with the maurader while still getting silver.

LerryJawler
06-13-2014, 06:05 AM
every task seems to be harder. ive already had to blow gems skipping several. what sucks too is that i need coins more than anything and now theyve added stupid costumes to the prizes which makes it less likely to get coins. blah

xitooner
06-13-2014, 08:21 AM
every task seems to be harder. ive already had to blow gems skipping several. what sucks too is that i need coins more than anything and now theyve added stupid costumes to the prizes which makes it less likely to get coins. blah

Yes; I could care less about the costumes, but I go for them anyway just to clear my path to the new tracks (and slight amount of Gold they give (1000 coins is nothing). . .

TheRealTeeHill
06-13-2014, 10:09 AM
I think I've just been given an impossible task on Wall Crack... 10 Backflips, 5 Frontflips and Gold Medal on the Marauder! Is there even enough ramps to do this!?

And still backing out of a track costs fuel! Why!? I earned NOTHING!!!

duuuude2014
06-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Yup. The Slot machine had been one of the few things that I still enjoyed about this game. But since they have cranked up the difficulty, it just isn't fun anymore.

And it may be my imagination, but it feels like I'm getting less in return when I actually complete a track. I spin the wheel and I get 2 of the 10pt Slot machine upgrades, 450 coins and Butch face. Wow. Sooooo amazing. :mad:

xitooner
06-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Yup. The Slot machine had been one of the few things that I still enjoyed about this game. But since they have cranked up the difficulty, it just isn't fun anymore. And it may be my imagination, but it feels like I'm getting less in return when I actually complete a track.

I agree... its hard to be sure since it hasnt been around very long. . .less than 2 days. . . but yes, it feels like the rewards are nerfed.

Mandrake2007
06-13-2014, 04:39 PM
I've only had to skip one challenge before the update but I've had some tricky ones that required a combination of four criteria (e.g. 8 backflips, 15 seconds airtime, silver medal, no faults on my default Marauder). Since the update I've had three finish the run with no faults!

Admittedly I've only done three and my slot machine is only level 13 but to me they seem easier.

TheRealTeeHill
06-13-2014, 04:42 PM
For all the restrictions in place, the Butch face on the reels is just insulting.

tuxino
06-14-2014, 12:06 AM
I just got a mission which is absolutely impossible.

Burnyard - 9 seconds wheelie - 16 seconds airtime - and silver, which is impossible to get when taking 16+9 seconds on track.

Please fix this developers. It is okay to get hard missions - even missions that are impossible with current level of upgrades (annoying but sort of reasonable), but missions that are impossible because of conflicting requirements are not okay.

Ch4er0n
06-14-2014, 12:25 AM
I just got a mission which is absolutely impossible.

Burnyard - 9 seconds wheelie - 16 seconds airtime - and silver, which is impossible to get when taking 16+9 seconds on track.

Please fix this developers. It is okay to get hard missions - even missions that are impossible with current level of upgrades (annoying but sort of reasonable), but missions that are impossible because of conflicting requirements are not okay.

just to note: you shouldnt really add airtime and wheelie time together to get "dead" time. wheelie-ing is always just as fast as regular riding, and in many cases faster. the air time should be the only limiting factor as to whether or not you can do it fast enough for silver. but 16 is a crap-ton, so it may well be impossible, idk

tuxino
06-14-2014, 01:40 AM
just to note: you shouldnt really add airtime and wheelie time together to get "dead" time. wheelie-ing is always just as fast as regular riding, and in many cases faster. the air time should be the only limiting factor as to whether or not you can do it fast enough for silver. but 16 is a crap-ton, so it may well be impossible, idk

I don't count any of it as dead time. Unless it is possible to gather both wheelie time and air time at the same time, so the 16 and 9 can overlap, getting those times racked up will take 27 seconds, and i made a test run at 26.9 seconds, which only gave bronze.

Mandrake2007
06-14-2014, 02:27 AM
I spoke too soon. They're definitely harder.

Not only did they make them harder but my average haul from each spin has drpped considerably. I had a spin earlier with three Butch faces and 10 exp for Lotz! That wasn't worth the gas or effort.

tuxino
06-14-2014, 02:32 AM
Oops. I made a mistake in my post. The wheelie is not time but meters, so it might actually be possible (just insanely hard) to complete my challenge.

B8ZZ
06-14-2014, 02:59 AM
I got Lumber Yard, 12 second Air Time and get a Silver with the Phantom. I CAN'T EVEN GET UP THE FIRST HILL WITH THE PHANTOM. The new challenges are pathetic and force you to upgrade useless bikes...

xitooner
06-15-2014, 04:08 PM
I got Lumber Yard, 12 second Air Time and get a Silver with the Phantom. I CAN'T EVEN GET UP THE FIRST HILL WITH THE PHANTOM. The new challenges are pathetic and force you to upgrade useless bikes...

Yes, I had a similar situation with Cracked Reservoir and Phantom. I wont call them useless bikes but....its going to be very difficult to get the final choice on the wheel (15+ tries at least) without spending gems to skip.

Which is their intent. . . .

xitooner
06-16-2014, 09:57 AM
And now I got this exact mission as well. :)

By the way, here is the really bad news.... I have a 4/4/4/4 Phantom, and I STILL cant get up that hill. I am upgrading to level 5. . .buy no guarantees it can go up that hill either. And I bet 95% of folks are unlikely to have anything higher than a Phantom 2 or 3 . . which means a LOT of upgrades needed. . ..

xitooner
06-20-2014, 02:22 AM

Want to give an update. . .I thought I had a Marauder 4/4/4/4 at the time... I actually had a 3/3/3/3. Now I really do have the 4/4/4/4, and it can BARELY make it up the Lumberyard ramp with every bit of running start and lean needed. If the log falls down onto that side. . .you cant do it (not enough running start any more). And I had Silver with a 14 second Air Time, so its definitely doable at that point.

MidnightJacket
06-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Newbie to the forums, but I specifically went to google and looked them up just so I could rant a bit. Probably one of my biggest complaints is the new update has killed the slot machine. Everytime I get an inverted airtime I have to pray that it doesn't also require a silver or gold medal, otherwise I completely give up on the game until the timer resets.

It's okay to have inverted air as a requirement, and its okay to have medal requirements, but both together is asking for one insane speed/trick run. I keep getting requirements for a silver medal with a lot of invert time on the bronco - which flips about as well as a bus. Something needs to be done, for the sake of the game.

xitooner
06-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Newbie to the forums, but I specifically went to google and looked them up just so I could rant a bit. Probably one of my biggest complaints is the new update has killed the slot machine. Everytime I get an inverted airtime I have to pray that it doesn't also require a silver or gold medal, otherwise I completely give up on the game until the timer resets.

It's okay to have inverted air as a requirement, and its okay to have medal requirements, but both together is asking for one insane speed/trick run. I keep getting requirements for a silver medal with a lot of invert time on the bronco - which flips about as well as a bus. Something needs to be done, for the sake of the game.

Upgrade your Bronco more and it gets better; it will never be a Mantis, but I find inverted airtime to be fairly doable with it. And Bronco does come in handy on a couple of tracks later for WR times, once its speed reaches a certain point.

Personally, I dont mind the challenge as long as its actually POSSIBLE; sometimes I swear they arent; usually Gold tracks requiring massive airtime of any type. But I just had to shake my head when I saw something like:
Gold + 12 Wheelie + 18 Airtime. They want me in the air 18 seconds out of a 32sec-max run, and get a lot of wheelie time too? Ha!

Right now a few game quests and the slot machine are 95% of the reason to upgrade anything other than Tango/Mantis/Berzerker. This is an unfortunate thing about the game, IMO; they dont (they cant?) design a track thats truly better for a Jackal versus the Mantis. Even the speed bikes (Bronco, etc) have a limited use. So they mostly exist as bikes to sink money into until you get the blueprints for the GOOD bike. So what can they do to make you upgrade them? They give you harder slot quests for them. . .

FlatCircle
07-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Really? Get a silver medal with 4 seconds of inverted airtime on Wall Crack while riding the Jackal? I've got 3/3/3/3 for that bike, but I doubt that I could pull that off with it upgraded. It doesn't sound like much, but I found it impossible. Only my second slot mission I've failed to complete.

I also find it extremely annoying that getting a time of 23.4 seconds on this track will net you a gold medal, but 24.4 seconds will give you a bronze. I despise when the slot asks for a silver on this track, because you're pretty much getting gold.

ViralSpiral-TFG
07-17-2014, 01:17 PM
4 seconds is nothing. Silver is just the minimum, you can get gold and still complete.

I think they've improved it lately, some are right on the edge of possible for me but then I'm slowly upgrading. The good news is that a new task is only 24 hours away.

Mandrake2007
07-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Haven't failed one since the last update.

Keep getting gold and 0 fault.

If it brings up a stupid number of flips or inverted air then it doesn't seem to set a time limit now.

It has definitely improved since this thread started.

FlatCircle
07-17-2014, 10:35 PM
4 seconds is nothing. Silver is just the minimum, you can get gold and still complete.

I know 4 seconds doesn't seem long, but it's tougher when you're trying it. I know you can get gold and complete the mission. I thought it was clear that my frustration was due to the silver medal time being abnormally close to a gold medal. Maybe I haven't noticed it on any other tracks, but a 1 second window between gold and bronze seems silly. I think you should be able to go a couple seconds slower and receive a silver.

I just tried going as fast as I could (next to no air time, let alone inverted) except for the last 2 big jumps. On those 2 jumps, I could get 2.5 seconds, 3 seconds if lucky of inverted air time. And the best time I could come up with was 24 seconds for the run, only 0.4 seconds faster than bronze. It doesn't seem possible to make up the extra inverted time and finish quickly enough, at least not on a 3/3/3/3 Jackal. I'd be curious to know what your best time you could get by going as fast as you can, but staying upside down for as long as possible without crashing on the last 2 jumps, and at what level your Jackal is upgraded at.

LerryJawler
07-18-2014, 02:15 AM
i have a pretty crappy challenge right now. 19 seconds of air time and a silver medal on burnyard. a silver medal is about 24 seconds.