PDA

View Full Version : Your Retail Build Predictions

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 07:10 PM
I know I am not the only one who is a bit skeptical regarding Unity and all the content it has to offer. I am trying to stay cautious but I am slowly losing myself to the hype. I can't help feeling like the game was specifically created for me..since the parkour change, combat change and drop of counter kills/streaks, customization of individual parts of your outfit, random encounters, interiors, and crouch button have been things I have wanted since literally day one AC1. It is actually quite spooky.

However..AC3, in the e3 demo and even later games com demo, showed the exact same things as some of the stuff in the Unity demo..such as Elder Scrolls type quests and dynamic events.all of which did not make it into the final game.

Not to mention how dynamic encounters were promised in Revelations, another of Amancio's works, and they were watered down to a very basic minimum in the final game. To be fair he only had a year to create that game, but still.

It is easy to feel optimistic that these things will not be cut, due to the fact that acknowledged the issue of cuts in their first IGN dev blog, and they are set on making the game representative of the E3 demo..and they have a GIGANTIC number of people working on the game..but it is also easy to feel skeptical since we have been down this road before.

I am just wondering what you guys think will happen in regards to the game's content being cut. Obviously the things like Muder mysteries, interiors, co op, and new mechanics will not be cut because those are the core advertising points of the game..but what about the smaller things like those damned random encounters? All games have to make sacrifices..we even know of one already in Unity regarding a female co op character.

Do you think there will be content cut from the demo?

Personally, I am optimistic. The combined facts that Unity has more dev time than AC3, a larger dev team, and it seems to be under a realistic ambition, makes me feel like it will retain the things like random encounters. I mean lets face it..AC3 was way to ambitious. Creating a new engine from scratch, changing combat, stealth, parkour, adding weather, tree running, animals, hunting, crafting, homesteading, naval, snow, rock climbing, programming animations and combat on uneven terrain, programming foliage..it was huge.

Unity seems to be taking it more..slow. It is changing animations, combat, stealth, and parkour, adding new interiors and system events and co op..but it seems to be getting rid of naval, animals, hunting, and possibly even tree running to focus more on the core.

What do you guys think?

Jexx21
06-12-2014, 07:22 PM
to be honest, I really don't care about random quests or whatever. I'm okay without them.

I just want all of the other stuff they're talking about.

Locopells
06-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Have to say I think it's possible, although likely I'm a bit more unsure on.

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 07:24 PM
We will insert the disc, press start and enter the story mode - and then a cutscenes of Yves doing the troll face will appear on screen. Then, the credits will roll.

Jade Raymond told me on a plane.

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Don't care for random encounters as long as ALL of that stuff, the side stuff, is present in the main game.

Also this new mission design thing should enhance replayability. They said you can intercept letters, someone you saved in a side quest could give info etc. I HOPE this is in the main game as this changes investigations.

I am sure the thing about losing a tail, turns into chase, turns into search thing is in the game. Its just I want the NPCs to give us info like they said. It would make peoples approach to the assassination different.

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 07:46 PM
can't we compare this too AC4 which would technically be the latest game out in the series? Why are we harping on E3 from 2 years ago? Let's hope for the best! And if it gets cut oh well... It's not like we haven't seen it before right? and if it doesn't Awesome. Tons of Content made it into AC4 that was shown at E3 of last year, yet we are still talking about what happened in AC3?

We get it broken promises, bad pacing, bad mission design, etc. Gahh...

are we all acting like scorned women here? Lol.

I-Like-Pie45
06-12-2014, 07:47 PM
RANDO(M) EVENTS

----

l, RC

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 07:47 PM
AC4 demos didnt show anything much though. It showed Naval, a hell of a lot. and that was pretty much it for "new stuff" which would obviously be kept.

Unity has SOOO much new stuff, its a complete overhaul.

pirate1802
06-12-2014, 08:25 PM
I'll vote after November :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Everything seems too good to be true - so this is the first AC I will not preorder and instead wait for the reception. I hope I'm not spoiled when I search the forums for feedback though...

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Meep. I don't want to be lied to. And they seemed kinda nervous about it in the IGN dev "making of" vid.

Jexx21
06-12-2014, 08:33 PM
i'd buy any Assassin's Creed game regardless. The parkouring around ancient cities while experiencing historical stories is too good for me to pass up even if it's same mechanics as the past few games.

ArabianFrost
06-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I love their vision for the game, but now that E3 hype has died, there are a lot of things that I'm uncertain of.

I'm getting a bit skeptical about AMM and how it will work out. How do you relocate an enemy? Do they just run out in the same area until you find them or can they go to their intended location and you have to look around the entirety of Paris? Basically, How can they do it while maintaining a feeling that the enemy AI isn' t helping us to relocate them, but in the same time the target doesn't run away to the other side of Paris. Maybe they'll give us tools to do so, I don't know, but it's mechanic I'd like to see in action the most.

And as always, the dynamic crowd interactions. The game is just revealed and they're already talking about cutting stuff and dynamic interactions are the first and easiest thing to let go. All that said, if AMM works well, I might overlook that.

I share the same feeling as everyone here. It's too good of an AC game to be true, that's why I'll probably not preorder, since ACU will determine whether or not I get a PS4 this year.

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 08:50 PM
The crowd AI is dumb, but is to be expected when you have 5000 on screen.

Jexx21
06-12-2014, 08:52 PM
You don't share the same feelings as me Frost, so unless I'm not part of everyone...

ArabianFrost
06-12-2014, 08:54 PM
The crowd AI is dumb, but is to be expected when you have 5000 on screen.

I'm talking more about the enemies. Are they just going to run around the same building to allow us to relocate them or how does their flight behaviour work?

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 08:57 PM
I'm talking more about the enemies. Are they just going to run around the same building to allow us to relocate them or how does their flight behaviour work?

Idk, I am talking about crowd though. They all walk into each other.

ArabianFrost
06-12-2014, 08:59 PM
You don't share the same feelings as me Frost, so unless I'm not part of everyone...

I would have pre-ordered it in a heartbeat if I had already had a PS4. Hell, I'd play full price for a mediocre AC as long as there's a new setting. It's a very unique experience, but this game is my console seller. I can't risk buying a console just for AC then find out the game id poorly executed.

egriffin09
06-12-2014, 09:36 PM
I just hope the AMM system works how they say it will. I don't mind going to a specific point on the map to start side quest, although random events like in the demo would be alot better for immersion. Generally speaking, 90-95% of what Ubi shows at E3 for AC ends up being in the final game. I'm confident that this will be pretty darn close to the final game.

Call me crazy, but I think ACU will have a more immersive game world than ACIV:BF's Caribbean.

Honestly, I think ACU will be what AC 3 should have been, but Ubisoft couldn't pull it off with just the power of the last gen systems.

LoyalACFan
06-12-2014, 09:55 PM
I mean lets face it..AC3 was way to ambitious. Creating a new engine from scratch, changing combat, stealth, parkour, adding weather, tree running, animals, hunting, crafting, homesteading, naval, snow, rock climbing, programming animations and combat on uneven terrain, programming foliage..it was huge.

And that's kinda why I think Unity is going to deliver. I think it's just as ambitious, but in a different way; they seem to be really interested in beefing up the core mechanics, above all. AC3 aimed high, but I think most of its ambition was directed at simply adding more stuff. That whole list you just rattled off was chock full of things that would have been cool to have, but took a TON of time and effort to pull off, at the expense of the game as a whole. In short, I feel like AC3's philosophy was "more, more MORE!' while Unity's seems to be "better, better, BETTER!" At least I hope so. Forty hours of excellent content is better than sixty hours of content ranging from good to garbage.

AnthonyA85
06-12-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm expecting the dynamic crowds thing to definitely be cut, after what they cut from the last two games, i'm positive at least 25% of what we've seen (and what we may see in the gamescom demo and maybe eurogamer) not to make it in.

I just hope the 100% sync thing is finally gone, that i would love to see get cut.

Megas_Doux
06-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Option number 2!

I expect those big crowds during missions only......

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Option number 2!

I expect those big crowds during missions only......

Same. However in one of the interviews the dev said that killing Xavier was a side mission.

EDIT - BUTTTTTTTT It was a demo, and they want to show off as much as poss so they probs put them there for demo sake.

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2014, 01:27 AM
I wonder, did Alex Hutchinson actually ever make a release or announcement or anything about all the AC3 cuts before release? Or did we all just figure it out upon release? Was there like an actually article about it?

I mean..random encounters, quests, canoes, lakes freezing over, soldier camps, free aiming, naval free roam, that is a LOT to have to explain to people being gone.

Anybody? Nein?

Locopells
06-13-2014, 01:43 AM
I don't recall there being an article about it, with the exception of naval free roam - I'm fairly certain they said that wasn't a thing.

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2014, 02:01 AM
You are so pretty

Thanks!!

Ureh
06-13-2014, 03:22 AM
I think 99.1% of the features will be intact. On top of that they'll have more to show too, I bet.

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2014, 04:48 AM
I think 99.1% of the features will be intact. On top of that they'll have more to show too, I bet.

Whats the point oh nine?

LoyalACFan
06-13-2014, 05:09 AM
I don't recall there being an article about it, with the exception of naval free roam - I'm fairly certain they said that wasn't a thing.

Yeah, but that's a bit different considering they never actually said it was going to be a thing. That was just an assumption made by fans.

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2014, 05:11 AM
I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT RAINS SO I SAY GO AHEAD AND CUT EVERYTHING OUT

YOUR MISERY AND TEARS ALLOW ME TO MAINTAIN MY YOUTHFUL LOOK

----

HUGS AND KISSES, rc

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 05:13 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic, because the new features they are showing off this time actually adds to the ores of the franchise, not just-fun stuff like forests or ships, so maybe they'll give them higher priority. I believe the huge crowds are there in missions only,, and a little iffy about no guards on rooftops. But overall I think most of the things they showed will make it into the game.