PDA

View Full Version : AC:U Game of the Show?

Sushiglutton
06-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Ok I realize I'm a tiny bit biased :p.

Anyhow I watched all the conferences and when I go through the various games in my head I think AC:U won. It was the one game that felt new-gen in several ways (crowd density, seamless super-detailed interiors in an open world setting, scale of buildings, co-op). These are not just eye-candy features but will have a great impact on how the game plays.

AC also had the best CGI-trailer imo.

If you disagree, which game do you think had a stronger showing?

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Zelda U, Tomb Raider and AC: Unity won.

I'm not counting games already announced like Witcher 3 or Xenoblade Chronicles X. And I'm not counting remastering likeTLoU and Halo.

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 05:16 PM
^ Uncharted doh

Sushiglutton
06-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Zelda U, Tomb Raider and AC: Unity won.

I'm not counting games already announced like Witcher 3 or Xenoblade Chronicles X. And I'm not counting remastering likeTLoU and Halo.

To me they showed too little of Tomb Raider and Zelda for them to be top contenders. TR was just a short CGI trailer to my knowledge. For Zelda they showed a little bit of gameplay, but it didn't really say all that much.

The Witcher 3 was fine, but I think Unity looks more unique (based on the few minutes shown).

^ Uncharted doh

Same as above: they hardly showed anything.

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Witcher and Uncharted were already announced tho so I don't really count them.

m4r-k7
06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
I think based on pure gameplay demo's (no teasers / CGI trailers) the 3 best were:

Assassins Creed Unity
Batman Arkham Knight
The Witcher 3

All looked fantastic both visually and mechanically.

AherasSTRG
06-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Assassin's Creed Unity, Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and Witcher 3 for me.

Sushiglutton
I have gone dark on Batman. That said I watched the short demo they showed at Sony's conference as I was watching it with a buddy. It does look remarkable, I agree. It's also a contender.

Err...so was Unity...

@Sushi They hardly showed anything, but that was some mighty impressive in-engine stuff. I agree though, Unity was the best game shown.

Agree, it looked remarkable for sure! And obv there's no way of telling if Uncharted 4 or Unity will end up being the better game. But this E3 Sushi's seal of approval goes to Unity.

Shahkulu101
Witcher and Uncharted were already announced tho so I don't really count them.

Err...so was Unity...

@Sushi They hardly showed anything, but that was some mighty impressive in-engine stuff. I agree though, Unity was the best game shown.

Rugterwyper32
06-12-2014, 05:22 PM
AC Unity, Dead Island 2, Zelda U and Splatoon made it for me.
Splatoon came out of ****ing nowhere and it just put a smile on my face. I can't wait to ruin people's lives in Christmas Parties by getting deep into their territory and ruining it with lots of ink. And when they notice there's no stopping me and they're in despair, there will only be a smile. The one smile that comes from the pleasure of making my enemies learn true fear.

Ok, that's overdramatic, but i looks freakin' fun.

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh snap.

You're right.

Zelda and Tomb Raider wins for new stuff then.

@ruger

splatoon looks stupid to me but I love Nintendo. hmm.

Rugterwyper32
06-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Oh snap.

You're right.

Zelda and Tomb Raider wins for new stuff then.

@ruger

splatoon looks stupid to me but I love Nintendo. hmm.

I love it precisely because of how dumb it looks. It looks like great stuff for Christmas and New Years' parties. So that's more or less the reason for it for me.

Megas_Doux
06-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Based on the quantity and quality shown, It was Unity without a doubt, with the Witcher 3 and Far cry 4 and Zelda coming second place.

But I am HUGE fan of the franchise, to the rest of it, it was either more of an boring over milked saga that needs to die or "it looked cool but I just dont care anymore".

RatonhnhakeFan
06-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Tomb Raider and Uncharted were just fancy trailers, no gameplay so they will never win Game of Show in most publications

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Oh I forgot Far Cry 4, that looked amazing. You couldn't tell it was a cross-gen title.

Ureh
06-12-2014, 05:42 PM
I wish they showed longer demos for ACU or at least more of them. Too much of a tease.

Off the top of my head, Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation showed nearly 25 minutes of continuous gameplay on top of the trailers.

pirate1802
06-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Unity and Farcry 4 definitely. No Man's Sky looked awesome too. Tomb Raider hardly showed anything but just that short teaser had me jumping like a pathetic fangirl..

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
u kidding?

We saw plenty of AC: U, Ureh.

Only thing they didnt show that i wanted to know about was the narrative

senatorbean
06-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Ok I realize I'm a tiny bit biased :p.

Anyhow I watched all the conferences and when I go through the various games in my head I think AC:U won. It was the one game that felt new-gen in several ways (crowd density, seamless super-detailed interiors in an open world setting, scale of buildings, co-op). These are not just eye-candy features but will have a great impact on how the game plays.

AC also had the best CGI-trailer imo.

If you disagree, which game do you think had a stronger showing?

I don't disagree. Unity was the best trailer of the show (thus far) IMHO. Exp when the assassins *zip* puts out the flame on the Colonel's igniter and let's the mob have at him. The entire trailer told a story and set up for some serious a** kicking. Made me want to go nuts co-op with some friends. Finally ubi! Between Unity, Destiny and upcoming Halo Collection and Guardians, I am happy I purchased an XB1.

Jexx21
06-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Unity, Far Cry 4, Batman: Arkham Knight

Notable Mentions: Tomb Raider, Scalebound

Aphex_Tim
06-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Oh I forgot Far Cry 4, that looked amazing. You couldn't tell it was a cross-gen title.

Because they showed it on a high-end platform. I'm sure it's gonna look beautiful on PC, PS4 and XBO. PS3 and X360, not so much I'm afraid... Remember how Far Cry 3 already ran at 20fps on PS3?

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Because they showed it on a high-end platform. I'm sure it's gonna look beautiful on PC, PS4 and XBO. PS3 and X360, not so much I'm afraid... Remember how Far Cry 3 already ran at 20fps on PS3?

What I meant by that was that it didn't look held back that much by the old consoles - I'd mistake it for a next-gen exclusive. Obviously it'll be scaled back considerably on PS3/360 but they've been ambitious with the visual fidelity in any case.

Aphex_Tim
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM
True, true. I'm still very much looking forward to it. I just really hope the last-gen consoles aren't in any way going to hold back potential.

As for the new Tomb Raider; looking forward to that one as well. I just wish games and movies would get rid of the word "rise" for once.

Jexx21
06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Far Cry 3 was built to be graphically beautiful, past the PS360 consoles abilities, so I'm not surprised Far Cry 4 looks even better in next-gen.

Jexx21
06-12-2014, 06:04 PM
true, true. I'm still very much looking forward to it. I just really hope the last-gen consoles aren't in any way going to hold back potential.

As for the new tomb raider; looking forward to that one as well. I just wish games and movies would get rid of the word "rise" for once.

rise of the planet of the apes
rise of the tomb raider

assassin's creed 3
rise

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Batman was game of the show, did you see that ****, it was crazy. I still don't believe its going to work.

flyin-bart
06-12-2014, 06:08 PM
I wonder how much of what we saw in Unity will make it into the final release!!!???

killzab
06-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Batman was game of the show, did you see that ****, it was crazy. I still don't believe its going to work.

Nothing about the gameplay seems that crazy to me...

To me, it's The Witcher 3

Aphex_Tim
06-12-2014, 06:10 PM

I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to drive that Batmobile for sh*t and I'm gonna constantly crash all over the place with that thing. Look at how narrow some of these roads are!

Locopells
06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
rise of the planet of the apes
rise of the tomb raider

assassin's creed 3
rise

Rise of the Guardians
The Dark Knight Rises
Terminater 3: Rise of the Machines

Was having this exact thought earlier today!

Ureh
06-12-2014, 06:13 PM
I wonder how much of what we saw in Unity will make it into the final release!!!???

:) Hopefully all of it and more. Would be kinda foolish to show stuff that won't appear in the game. Especially now that everyone's all hyped. :D

Aphex_Tim
06-12-2014, 06:14 PM
*mumbles something about AC3*

Ureh
06-12-2014, 06:32 PM
*mumbles something about AC3*

*mumbles something about despair and dismay*

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 06:41 PM
I think Ubisoft in General had a bunch of cool looking games!

I've never been a fan of shooters in general, but The Division, looked pretty interesting to me! Of course AC:U Loved it. I've serious watched the damn trailer at least 10 times since it aired. -_- It's sad. Haha. UC4 looked beautiful. I can't believe that was from an actual level in the game. :D Tomb Raider another one I can't wait for either.

Also.. I thought Little Big Planet 3 looked amazingly adorable. :3 more so that that yoshi yarn game.

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 06:52 PM
I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to drive that Batmobile for sh*t and I'm gonna constantly crash all over the place with that thing. Look at how narrow some of these roads are!

Just turn it into the tank thing and you will be fine, I wonder will it take damage though.

Also.. I thought Little Big Planet 3 looked amazingly adorable. :3 more so that that yoshi yarn game.
This, I have never been a fan of LBP but that game looked like so much fun, I couldn't help smiling.

The Order is looking better as well and Uncharted man I can't wait for that.

jayjay275
06-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Unity had the best showing, though I wished I could have seen more Uncharted 4.

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm thinking the plot to Uncharted 4 may have something to do with Elena being missing, why else would Drake come out of retirement.

prince162010
06-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Agreed in everything you've already said ^_^

shobhit7777777
06-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Unity sure as hell impressed me....but the nostalgic in me has to side with two titles which absolutely stole the show..for me

1. Master Chief Collection - I'm really emotionally invested in the Halo universe....and hearing about the MC collection was easily one of the best parts about this E3. Painstakingly remastered editions of a legendary franchise....I will buy an XB1 JUST for this.

2. Rainbow Six Siege: Oh how I've waited for R6. I loved Vegas....but I definitely was always hoping for a more rooted, old school tac shooter a la the legacy R6 games. Its my most awaited Ubi game.

Locopells
06-12-2014, 07:00 PM

Lol! I think it can demolish most things from what I've read!

Aphex_Tim
06-12-2014, 07:02 PM

I was very underwhelmed with what they showed of The Order at the Sony conference. I'm not sure if any more gameplay has been shown though, but that little part made me lose interest in even looking that up.

Lol! I think it can demolish most things from what I've read!

Well that would change things. At least I'd be able to use my Battlefield driving skills. ;)

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Just turn it into the tank thing and you will be fine, I wonder will it take damage though.

This, I have never been a fan of LBP but that game looked like so much fun, I couldn't help smiling.

Oh! I played the first one which was fun and innovative! Kinda fell out of it once the Karting and LBP 2 came out.. but 3 has caught my attention again. It's like the feeling I got when I saw the first game for the first time. It's just fun.

Ohh... the order. I have mixed feelings about this game. I recently watched a 7-10 min worth of game play on it. It had me go from ASDKDFK I must have that game to almost a meh feeling. While visually beautiful the actual gameplay looked kinda clunky and a tad bit lack luster. Maybe it could have been the guy playing it but it was one of the rad members who work on the game. :/ you would think they would be good at it. Either way.. I still haven't lost hope. I've been really pushing for this title since it was announced at last years E3. So time will tell.

Here is that Video of the Order. Either start at the beginning of at 1:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYUFRge6ZMM