PDA

View Full Version : Great looking game.. too bad the multiplayer will go to waste on Uplay

DreamAgainXI
06-12-2014, 05:26 AM
Let's see here..
No dedicated servers
Peer 2 Peer hosting
Limited game customization options
No modding
Almost always terrible optimization / terrible console port
And the list goes on.

Splinter Cell Blacklist, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Assassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs.

All of these games have the same problem in common: uplay.

Nobody, not ONE gamer in the entire world wants your terrible Peer 2 Peer online matchmaking garbage.

This game has potential. Like, e-sports potential, if you do it right. For it to even have a chance we need dedicated servers, we need the restrictions taken off and the ability to customize matches how we want. And we need a game that is more than an unoptimized console port.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Hi, details about multiplayer servers have not been announced as yet. Please keep an eye for announcements.

Kaiskune
06-12-2014, 12:20 PM
the only Issue I found with UPLAY was not being able to use certain weapons/skins/maps when playing certain games offline.

that's hardly a major issue to be blunt.

I would argue Future soldier could be considered the worst affected by Uplay, when playing offline you lose all the bonus side arms, the Uplay LMGs, the pre-order DLC rifles and all the Arctic Strike weapons. but again, you just use one of the other weapons in game. I pretty much use the AK-200 all the time, while I rare fly without my 5.7 I'll just switch to the OTS.33 if its unavailable

Stew Jersey
06-12-2014, 01:16 PM
uplay is **** whats its purpose....

Dome500
06-12-2014, 09:55 PM
The problem is not Uplay, the problem is Ubisofts p2p system.

I can't stress this enough because it has been the very same problem with Splinter Cell Blacklists multiplayer:

We NEED dedicated servers or a FUNDAMENTALLY better matchmaking system. Otherwise - even if the Multiplayer is 1A and the best on the market gameplay wise - it will just go to waste because matchmaking does not work and a lot of technical issues are present (yes, there were a lot of tech issues in SCB SvM, a lot of them due to the matchmaking and that was one of the main reasons a lot of people quit playing it)

BOTA-16
06-12-2014, 10:57 PM
If there are not dedicated servers then the whole talk about they wanted to make sure the MP had the highest quality to meet how games are being made today, was complete PR BS. There is absolutely no advantage P2P MP offers. However, I don't see how uPlay effects that. You can have uPlay and dedicated servers.

Memory_Kill
06-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Uplay as a whole does need an upgrade, it needs to be able to handle "high volume stress" a lot better than currently, at least Origin has a quick recovery (speaking about the BF4 beta) and Steam ofc is still second to none for me, even when Dota 2 went live. I hope in the future the uplay "service" is much improved to handle the stress, for all Ubi games that use it.

DontLikeUplay5
06-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Dude don't speak for other people, i like UPlay, and i don't have a single problem with any of the games you mention and i have them all,
so the only waste on Uplay is it looks borning still

I'm sorry, but Uplay is not a good system.

And your signature says:
dedicated UBISOFT Loyalist, so I'm not really surprised with your answer.

DAK.RAMPAGE
06-13-2014, 02:07 AM
I've seen so much negativity from uplay on these forums but yet still have never played a game on it. I am unsure of how this service works.
BUT I USE TO LOVVVVVVVVE the old version of UBI LOBBY where I had all my beloved games i could pick from and play (GHOST RECON 1, RAINBOW SIX RAVENSHIELD AND ROUGUE SPEAR!!!!!, IL-2) SO MUCH FUN WITH THE OLD UBI LOBBY/SERVER. GREATEST GAMING DAYS OF MY LIFE. I hope we can go back to those times when we had a great community to talk with, message and love the game we are playing!!!!
Thank you for making rainbow six actually look how the game used to be!!! (PEEEKING, NO THIRD PERSON!!!!)

digitalFatteh
06-13-2014, 08:55 AM
I would tend to concur, UPlay is garbage. Only need to hop over to the Watchdogs forum to see how its locked out many players, including myself, from their game because it has corrupted a save or stuffed something up. On release of big titles UPlay is crippled and locked out other games services with it and yet guaranteed they will attach it to RB6. Yet the loyal Uplay crowd come out with "Use it in offline mode" which is all well and good unless, you know, you have to be able to connect that ONE time to register the damned game.

Multiplayer ... yeah ... number one focus, does not fill me with visions of rainbows and unicorns of it ending well.

JuggaloRB
06-18-2014, 12:24 AM
Let's see here..
No dedicated servers
-Yep, this will hurt the competitive community
Peer 2 Peer hosting
-Ragequiters who are hosting will ruin games
Limited game customization options
-Yeah Steamworkshop coulda fixed this
No modding
-Always something that can either make or brake a game's life expectancy
Almost always terrible optimization / terrible console port
-After WD's leaked code about PC, oh yeah
And the list goes on.
-Anti-cheat will be terrible I can tell you that
Splinter Cell Blacklist, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Assassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs.

All of these games have the same problem in common: uplay.

Nobody, not ONE gamer in the entire world wants your terrible Peer 2 Peer online matchmaking garbage.

This game has potential. Like, e-sports potential, if you do it right. For it to even have a chance we need dedicated servers, we need the restrictions taken off and the ability to customize matches how we want. And we need a game that is more than an unoptimized console port.

Responses in the quote.

Ricey19666
06-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Idon't own any ubi game that requires the ubi-bloatware in order to save a games progress , nor would i want to own such a game that required it, As for online connectivity ubi has always been weak in this area, I mean they sell their games on a global scale but insist on only having one server farm in Canada, which is unreliable, currently you cannot play vegas2 online, due to the authentication server being unreachable
Ubi should have adopted a similar system to the likes of COD4 for online play, then we could rent slots on independent servers around the globe , or host a real dedicated server on our own equipment the only thing that ubi would then have to supply is a game browser, for joining games that you don't know the hosts IP address basically a direct connection ,not routed via canada ie, two players located in Europe and uk both are routed via ubisoft, Canada , should that server be down, or whatever we are unable to play online, and most of us buy games to play online , the current methods used by ubisoft are very outdated This is what puts me off buying any more ubi games , i don't like being held to ransom by ubi and their poor online connectivity and lack of communication when there are issues

Dome500
06-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Mostly agreed on the points here.
Main things to do for this game to keep it alive:

- Q&A => Make sure there are no serious technical issues at release, that can be a real killer
- NO P2P system => Dedicated servers or similar stuff, don't make a P2P system please, it killed most of your MP modes in the games you made
- Better Matchmaking system (better than GRFS or SCB, those were horrible)
- MODDING SUPPORT !! (I'm serious, support modding, release a mod-kit later as DLC and a map editor, it will keep the community alive)

pennst
06-19-2014, 06:00 AM
We need to be allowed to custimize matches the way we want thats what was great about rainbow eliminates having cheaters in your room cause you could boot them.

Dome500
06-19-2014, 08:47 PM
We need to be allowed to custimize matches the way we want thats what was great about rainbow eliminates having cheaters in your room cause you could boot them.

Yeah being able to vote for a kick and being able to customize matches is also a must (solution for search match filter: "Mode: Hostage Rescue - Custom")

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Thank you for your feedback, although we do not have many details to share at the moment, please keep an eye here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/890603-Rainbow-Six-Siege-announced-at-E3!

BATTLEFACE
06-23-2014, 05:16 PM
I agree with the OP. Though I've never played MP on any of the games that utilize this Uplay system, R6V1 & V2 were plagued with lag issues strictly because of the whole P2P system. Even to this day. I've recently been playing a little V2 with a friend of mine just to get back into the feel of Rainbow and, just as before, the person hosting the game always has the ultimate advantage. It doesn't matter much at this point because I don't play it like I did years ago, but it sure was a pain then and I wouldn't want that same experience for this new Rainbow game.

R6: Siege NEEDS dedicated servers or at least a matchmaking system that places you in games where the host resides in at least the same time zone. Please

Talvos
06-24-2014, 01:15 AM
I will agree the game looks great, and I would love to play it. However after trying to play blacklist since release and having constant lag, rampant hacking, and lack of any kind of support for the pc. I can say with certainty that I will not be picking this game up until Ubisoft shows they can do the right thing and take care the games they release on pc, and not just give us some xbox copy pasted port for the pc.

Ubi I want to give you my money, I really do, you make some great games! It's your lack of care to them once they are released and the lack of developing the game properly for the pc that stops me.

dann2004
06-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Dude don't speak for other people, i like UPlay, and i don't have a single problem with any of the games you mention and i have them all,
so the only waste on Uplay is it looks borning still

dedicated ubi loyalist lmfao....god I hate fanboys , because of people like you is why ubisoft release all there games in beta stage and never fix it,....sorry buddy but people like you hurt the gaming industry with your willingness to pay for broken crap,and then turn round and pat the devs on the back for a job well done.

you might like wasting money on broken products but the rest of us don't,so please please please stop congratulating ubisoft on there broken,unfixed games coz its driving me mad.

DK Portela
07-08-2014, 07:04 AM
Uplay is only part of the problem IF it influences the matchmaker itself, i'll leave it to better savvy people to say if it does or not, if it does then YES its part of the problem for i agree 100% with the banishment of that horrible obscenity that is P2P. Ubisoft workers/moderators/community managers, IT DOESNT WORK! I could make a 20 point list of how it doesnt work and only makes the end customer life a horrible mess and how it kills the replayability of games but i only need to push one example out the door, to this day in 08/07/2014 there is STILL GAMES BEEN PLAYED ON PLAYER OWNED BATTLEFIELD 2142 SERVERS! Let them sink in, game made in 2006 is still being played today.

Ubisoft wants to control its games so it can sell DLC's so it kills mods? WRONG AGAIN. Bethesda has sold more games and still sold its DLC's and its community of modders is triving and one of its most huge assets for having the lifetime of their games strong and a breeding ground for inteligent and gifted artists to be recruited from.

Your company is doing it wrong, stop going for the quick buck and emulating EA, they are NOT an example on how to do it. After your AC Unity debacle in which you already lost 20% or more of your female customer base because you alienated them and antagonized their inteligence, you can take 2 or pearhaps 3 more hits to your bank account, after that its out for grabs, and i dont need a major in economics to understand that, the bigger they are the bigger the economic fall.

Evolve with times, you're selling dreams not insurance policies.

Dome500
07-09-2014, 12:26 AM
After your AC Unity debacle in which you already lost 20% or more of your female customer base because you alienated them and antagonized their inteligence, you can take 2 or pearhaps 3 more hits to your bank account, after that its out for grabs, and i dont need a major in economics to understand that, the bigger they are the bigger the economic fall.

I actually wanted to agree with you until I read that. I really don't understand all that bulls*** about the female protagonist not being in there, etc, that is totally exaggerated.

Agree on the rest though, they should start trying to make games that are moddable, that have dedicated servers and allow for long time replayability.

xMiiSTY
07-09-2014, 09:19 PM
I actually wanted to agree with you until I read that. I really don't understand all that bulls*** about the female protagonist not being in there, etc, that is totally exaggerated.

It doesn't bother me that it's implied that there won't be females. To me, it doesn't make sense story wise to have them.

Does no one remember AC Liberation? >.>