PDA

View Full Version : Your moment of "feels"? [SPOILERS]

phoenix-force411
06-12-2014, 12:35 AM
What part in any of the Assassin's Creed games gave you the most feels? It could anything, no specifics.

Mine was in Assassin's Creed III when Connor's mother died...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du6C1GpUyKw

adventurewomen
06-12-2014, 12:41 AM
^ That was also my moment that gave me feels, because it's true to life many villages were burned & destroyed and seeing the main protagonist experience this bought the past back to experience this tragic event/s. I had to put the controller down and take a break when I first played that part of the game I did get emotional. :(

Another moment of feels when Achilles died, that was just so sad.

Also in ACR when the vault door closed on Altair my heart just sank </3

Mary Reed's death was tragic

------------

On a happier note I did enjoy seeing Ezio dressed up as a minstrel singing songs, it was hilarious!

Also so many great and sad moments that have given me feels over the years of AC.

Locopells
06-12-2014, 12:43 AM
End of ACIV, where Edward see all his dead mates sitting at the table, while Anne Bonny sings in the background. Just...wow, so sad.

Lonnie_Jackson
06-12-2014, 12:44 AM
Mine had to be the slave ship sinking in ACIV. Hands down that scene was powerful visually and emotionally.

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 12:44 AM
The endings of ACR and ACIV. The Parting Glass moment was so beautifully melancholy. And his dead friends at the table, oh man...

Yusuf and Mary Read's death.

The execution of Ezio's family.

"And may it never change us."

One of my own story moments, going back to the villa Auditore as Ezio and reflecting on his journey - nearly cried.

phoenix-force411
06-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Altair sealing himself inside the Masyaf vault was pretty heartbreaking. And I still can't believe that his accent is still a problem to some players.

rprkjj
06-12-2014, 12:49 AM
ACR and AC4 endings easily. Connor killing Lee at the bar was less of a feels moment and more of a success baby moment for me.

phoenix-force411
06-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Connor killing Lee at the bar was less of a feels moment and more of a success baby moment for me.

Connor killing Lee was not focused heavily on revenge anymore. It was not a question of "worth it", but of "need." Charles Lee had to die, and Connor made sure of it.

rprkjj
06-12-2014, 12:53 AM
Altair sealing himself inside the Masyaf vault was pretty heartbreaking. And I still can't believe that his accent is still a problem to some players.

I think people who have a problem with it actually understand middle-eastern accents, because I don't think Altair's ACR accent is actually legitimate. I like it though and it sounded middle-eastern to me.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-12-2014, 12:55 AM
In order of most saddest:

Achilles

Haytham

Ziio

Kanentokon

Lee

Don't need much further details than that if you've played the game already T_T

SixKeys
06-12-2014, 12:57 AM
"Sit down and rest a moment..."

phoenix-force411
06-12-2014, 12:58 AM
Whoever put that in the game might have been a troll. That was a long rest...

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Whoever put that in the game might have been a troll. That was a long rest...

No trolling. Just Darby's writing at it again...

Kaschra
06-12-2014, 01:03 AM
The ones that affected me the most were the ending of ACR, AC4, Mary's death, and the whole of AC Embers (not a game, but I just include it). All of these made me sob like a little kid.

Thanks, Darby...

Other scenes that gave me feels:
Haytham's death, the scene with Ezio and Federico on top of the church, Yusuf's death, the very last page of Altair's codex, some Glyphs, Achilles' death, the last Desmond recording in AC4
the sinking of the slave ship in Freedom Cry, the Edward and Anne scene at the end of sequence 11... sequence 11 of AC4 in general.

Megas_Doux
06-12-2014, 01:06 AM
"This is a good life we lead, brother"
Federico Auditore

"He drinks damnation"
Edward Kenway

"I should have killed you long ago"
Haytham Kenway

Edward holding little Haytham at the opera, Achilles Death, Altair┤s death, so many indeed.....

adventurewomen
06-12-2014, 01:12 AM
I can't remember who said that.. please refresh my memory.. :o

SixKeys
06-12-2014, 01:14 AM
I can't remember who said that.. please refresh my memory.. :o

It's a prompt you get in ACR when Alta´r shuts himself in the library.

rprkjj
06-12-2014, 01:14 AM
In order of most saddest:

Achilles

Haytham

Ziio

Kanentokon

Lee

Don't need much further details than that if you've played the game already T_T

Wow, totally forgot about Achilles, now I feel awful...

adventurewomen
06-12-2014, 01:15 AM
It's a prompt you get in ACR when Alta´r shuts himself in the library.
Ahh! I thought it sounded familiar, couldn't place where it was from anyway Thanks for letting me know :)

Locopells
06-12-2014, 01:18 AM
I'm gonna bawl like a kid in a moment...

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 01:30 AM
oh my.... Haytham. What a sad fate you had right along with Ziio.

I would also say the ending of ACR

AC4 the end where everybody has passed is at the table.

Ureh
06-12-2014, 01:42 AM
Quite a few that I wasn't expecting.

Probably gonna have to to be Mary Read's death. Was on the verge of tears, I almost thought she would make it.

xx-pyro
06-12-2014, 01:43 AM
The ending of the Connor's Story trailer (yeah yeah not exactly like it was ingame but I still think it's Connor at his best).

I'd say AC4's ending was the most powerful, followed probably by ACR's ending. Other good moments include Haytham's death, and the very beginning of AC2.

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 05:37 AM
The ending of ACIV made me cry.

But the characters on the table could be hitler and stalin and the scene would've been just as sad with that music.

I dont know why I cried. I wasn't emotionally attached to the characters.

That's the only time I cried in AC so far I think.

sem1rek
06-12-2014, 07:40 AM
ACR ending, funeral of Achilles.

king-hailz
06-12-2014, 08:14 AM
The moment that gave me the most feels was definetely the end of revelations, everything about it was just amazing!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mdxGQb2OI

roostersrule2
06-12-2014, 08:23 AM
It's not in the games but Ezio's death.

In the games (in no order):

ACR ending.

Yusuf death.

Kanentokon death.

Lucy death (Revelation of death).

AC4 ending.

"And may it never change us"

Christina death.

Ezio's family execution.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 08:41 AM
When I saw the theatre that was at the beginning of AC3 at the end of AC4

Ezio finds Altair and Altair's last memory. (Altairs Death)

Kanaentokon's death

Connors Ending

Achilles Death

AC4 Ending

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 08:45 AM
End of ACIV, where Edward see all his dead mates sitting at the table, while Anne Bonny sings in the background. Just...wow, so sad.

This and Ezio kicking the bucket in the animated short.

THE-MANK-01
06-12-2014, 12:07 PM
The end of AC4 for me, table scene all the way to the epilogue.

LoyalACFan
06-12-2014, 12:14 PM
The feeliest of all feely AC moments for me had to be Ezio's death in Embers, with Salvation of Forli playing in the background. But seeing as how that's not a game, I'll list others. The table of dead comrades in AC4 was great, as others have said. So was killing Charles Lee. Best one of the games, though, has to be finding Altair's body in the library.

Oddly enough, Giovanni and Ziio's deaths didn't really affect me that much, probably because I knew exactly what was going to happen before I even put the disc in. Achilles' death was really sad, but I kind of expected that too.

Kirokill
06-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Ezio meeting Altair dead body.
Yusuf's death.
Achillies.
The Parting Glass.

In no order, they made me tear.

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Connors mothers death gets me every time. It got me 2 days ago :|

and this cutscene... I dont understand why it gets me. I think its just the way Connor shows his feelings for his father. But Achilles pushes him, and Achilles really seems like the father figure here, the real father figure. How he holds Connors hand and says not to throw it all away. Impactful to me in a really weird way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt16kqUxSLI

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Achilles was a true father figure to Connor.. Took him in, Gave him a home, taught him the values of life and being an Assassin. Passed over all his inheritance to Connor. What pisses me off about Haytham is he abandoned zioo and his only son.. Before i go further is it explained when Haytham finds out he has a son?

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Achilles was a true father figure to Connor.. Took him in, Gave him a home, taught him the values of life and being an Assassin. Passed over all his inheritance to Connor. What pisses me off about Haytham is he abandoned zioo and his only son.. Before i go further is it explained when Haytham finds out he has a son?

I think at the Tea Party.. I think... In Forsaken Lee tells Haytham about a Native boy there and Im pretty sure Haytham has a hunch.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 02:05 PM
I think at the Tea Party.. I think... In Forsaken Lee tells Haytham about a Native boy there and Im pretty sure Haytham has a hunch.

Ah yes now its coming back to me. And I think in Forsaken Haytham also catches a Glimpse of Connor at the Boston Massacre when Haytham is standing next to the redcoat and teen Connor is in the crowd and thats when he is sure its his son or something like that.

Kaschra
06-12-2014, 02:08 PM

Haytham didn't leave Ziio. Ziio left him.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Haytham didn't leave Ziio. Ziio left him.

Ah okay.. Still though.. Doesn't stop him from visiting his son every once in a while.

Farlander1991
06-12-2014, 02:44 PM
He didn't know he had a son until after the Tea Party (sometime between there and Connor's execution).

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Yeah he didn't even confirm he had a son until he saw him in the prison cage in AC3 about to be executed.

#readforsaken

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 02:58 PM
I really want to read Forsaken. However, I don't read books often.

Only novels I've ever read were in school.

Farlander1991
06-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Yeah he didn't even confirm he had a son until he saw him in the prison cage in AC3 about to be executed.

#readforsaken

It's somewhat obvious even if not reading Forsaken, though (I haven't, it was pretty clear that Haytham didn't know about Connor until very late... not entirely clear how he learned about him, though)

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 03:07 PM
I really want to read Forsaken. However, I don't read books often.

Only novels I've ever read were in school.

One of only 2 books I read willingly. I want to read one more called 'mogworld' but that's it. :rolleyes:

Though I have read novel-long fanfiction if that counts.

All of forsaken is basically haytham's life sucking. It's pretty hilarious. Literally everything goes wrong for him.

roostersrule2
06-12-2014, 03:10 PM
One of only 2 books I read willingly. I want to read one more called 'mogworld' but that's it. :rolleyes:

Though I have read novel-long fanfiction if that counts.

All of forsaken is basically haytham's life sucking. It's pretty hilarious. Literally everything goes wrong for him.Like father, like son.

I feel I could make an AC joke about the apple not falling far from the tree but I just ain't feelin it.

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I agree everyone should read forsaken, it made me appreciate AC3 more

pirate1802
06-12-2014, 06:16 PM
What's wrong with people these days? Why don't they read books? Damn kids...

Someone find me an angry grandpa gif ffs

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 06:18 PM

Books have words. Lots of them.

Reading them takes time. Lots of it.

Moultonborough
06-12-2014, 06:21 PM

This. It was absolute a emotional stab in the heart. I can easily admit it brought tears to my eyes that song didn't help at all.

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Hey I've read some reeeeaaaaally long well-written fanfiction.

I've done 6 hour straight reading runs before.

Sure, they involved errotica....but still!

Kirokill
06-12-2014, 06:26 PM

My eyes feel stabbed with wooden tooth needles if I read for more than 2 hours without taking a break.

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Books have words. Lots of them.

Reading them takes time. Lots of it.

Shaku.. it's a good read. Like.. a really good one. It's one of the reasons I say AC3 has the best story line. (Book Included) I like the depth of Haytham as a Character! and it fills in a couple of plot holes from the game. all but the actual massacre of the assassins and what happen to Achilles. :\

you can set aside like 30 mins- hour a day and just finish a chapter a day or so you never know what you can accomplish! woo!

Ureh
06-12-2014, 06:38 PM
My eyes feel stabbed with wooden tooth needles if I read for more than 2 hours without taking a break.

I can read physical books for half a day or longer, but any e-books or long text on a screen and my eyes start to hurt.

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 06:41 PM
lol, I have finished hard copy books and ebooks in a day, if I start reading a good story I wont stop until I finish it. I'm like that with games to, if I find the story compelling I won't stop until I clear the game.

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 06:43 PM
you're a very driven person!

There is no way I could do that. haha! I have other things I have to do. If I'm really into something like that I'll usually finish it in less than a week.

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Well usually when it happens I have no work on, or its a weekend, I kinda time it so it won't impact my life terribly.

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Shaku.. it's a good read. Like.. a really good one. It's one of the reasons I say AC3 has the best story line. (Book Included) I like the depth of Haytham as a Character! and it fills in a couple of plot holes from the game. all but the actual massacre of the assassins and what happen to Achilles. :\

you can set aside like 30 mins- hour a day and just finish a chapter a day or so you never know what you can accomplish! woo!

I'm gonna get it, old school paperback for me.

I actually have The Revelations book, which I read, and the Black Flag book, which I started but never finished.

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Yeah! I have blackflag as well.. I started it and stopped on about chapter 20. haha. I'll eventually finish it. :|

Locopells
06-12-2014, 06:51 PM
I've read Forsaken, want to read The Secret Crusade, as the two with the most non-game story in.

Want to read the others sometime though, for gap-filler info.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-12-2014, 07:00 PM
I hate when you have to read a book to finish the backstory of a game. X_X I don't like reading...

adventurewomen
06-12-2014, 07:08 PM

I've done the same and with the same content, err yes all about should I really say his name lol ;)

GunnerGalactico
06-12-2014, 07:34 PM
I've just started reading The Secret Crusade

Kaschra
06-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Forsaken is a great read, I can only recommend it.
I also quite liked the AC4 novel, even though it didn't add as much new content as Forsaken. The book for AC2 was not that good.

Is this one okay? :p
http://31.media.tumblr.com/dfa5c6b6e52ffd632e89e7c8ac634597/tumblr_mq1f5pBWt51snnis5o1_400.gif

pirate1802
06-12-2014, 08:50 PM
I can read physical books for half a day or longer, but any e-books or long text on a screen and my eyes start to hurt.

Same. I can read physical books till the cows come home, or till I fall asleep. But ebooks make my eyes hurt.

lol, I have finished hard copy books and ebooks in a day, if I start reading a good story I wont stop until I finish it. I'm like that with games to, if I find the story compelling I won't stop until I clear the game.

Finally, someone. Yeah I finished a 700 page novel in 3 days once. :p Its the same here. Once you start reading, and if it's interesting you can't stop even if you wanted to!

Is this one okay? :p
http://31.media.tumblr.com/dfa5c6b6e52ffd632e89e7c8ac634597/tumblr_mq1f5pBWt51snnis5o1_400.gif

Perfect!

Kirokill
06-12-2014, 08:53 PM
It's the opposite for me. I can read physical books till the cows come home, or till I fall asleep. But ebooks make my eyes hurt.

You're like him, not opposite.
Either that or you quoted the wrong person.
My eyes hurt from both things, e-books in addition give me headaches, which is a normal thing.

GunnerGalactico
06-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Finally, someone. Yeah I finished a 700 page novel in 3 days once. :p Its the same here. Once you start reading, and if it's interesting you can't stop even if you wanted to!

I did too once, when you get to the exciting and interesting bits... you can't put a book down.

Dome500
06-13-2014, 12:36 AM
So with "feels" you mean genrally, not like sad only or happy only, but generally?

Well, the most actual feelings I think I had in AC2 in the beginning when Ezio stood with his brother on the tower.

"We live a good live Brother"
"The best ! May it never change"
"And may it never change us"
*epic music*

And of course, also one of my favorites (because I love philosophy) was Altairs dialogue with Al Mualim when Altair finally understood what "nothing is true, everything is permitted" means.

Aside from that, well.

I was sad when Ezio lost his family.
I was feeling excitement and mystery when Altair started to doubt his missions.
I felt disgust at the Doctor in AC1 when he broke the legs of the poor "patient"
I felt horrible when Mario was killed.
I felt sorry for Connor when his mother was killed.

I felt sentimental in AC4 in the final scene when Edward saw his fallen friends raise a glass and his eyes wandered the music playing in the background. (this one is also a big one).

Megas_Doux
06-13-2014, 12:48 AM
Any differences between Black flag novel and its game?

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-13-2014, 01:08 AM
"And may it never change us." -- Then the immediate and inevitable hanging. Man it feels like forever since I was watching E3 on G4 and saw the AC2 trailer...

The ending of ACR which was poetic as f**k. Walking the halls as Altair and putting the torches out and then "resting for awhile.." When that prompt came up I was heartbroken.. I didn't want to! And then the nice mirror of Ezio lighting the torches and finding Altair and then speaking through time to a mysterious Desmond that he'd never know but knew was somehow aware of what was occurring. Amazing.

Perhaps the most poignant scene in the entire series to me, is at the end of AC3. When Connor cracks a small smile as the British leave America. He "won" and freedom and equality would reign supreme in the new land of opportuni...ties... and then he sees the colonists selling people. Slaves. The look on his face...it's so depressing. Because for all the good he did, we know what happened to the natives, to blacks, to asians... Despite JUST struggling and fighting tooth and nail for freedom, they immediately turn around and take it from others. That must have shaken Connor's view of the world more than anything else that happened to him.