PDA

View Full Version : =======oleg,some for the develpment of this community========

phoenix10
05-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Salute All
1.first add two seater trainers for the game,to so can attract more newbies for their first flight under veteran's flight control,let em get intrested in fly in clouds,in sunset,in every emotion of the sky,and the online squadons can do their flight lesson more easily most important,this is the way to enlarge the community
2.more gamers get intrested in shooting by mouse,ok let em get it ,open the big B17 get the shooters for them ,dont worry about the pilot seat and the norton bombimg system,don't moddel them first ,make the B17 automatic pathing and bombing,the shooter gamers just wonder how many bandit in the sky and how to bust their bullets to get fun as quick as possible,so make a "quick start online mode"for em,first P51s and 109s me 262s in the sky B17 ready for bomb in 10 minutes and contact in three minutes then let em have it!!
all the words i presented is for enlarge the community ,not busting some "hardcore" WWII aviators (i mean the second)

phoenix10
05-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Salute All
1.first add two seater trainers for the game,to so can attract more newbies for their first flight under veteran's flight control,let em get intrested in fly in clouds,in sunset,in every emotion of the sky,and the online squadons can do their flight lesson more easily most important,this is the way to enlarge the community
2.more gamers get intrested in shooting by mouse,ok let em get it ,open the big B17 get the shooters for them ,dont worry about the pilot seat and the norton bombimg system,don't moddel them first ,make the B17 automatic pathing and bombing,the shooter gamers just wonder how many bandit in the sky and how to bust their bullets to get fun as quick as possible,so make a "quick start online mode"for em,first P51s and 109s me 262s in the sky B17 ready for bomb in 10 minutes and contact in three minutes then let em have it!!
all the words i presented is for enlarge the community ,not busting some "hardcore" WWII aviators (i mean the second)

609IAP_Recon
05-16-2004, 12:11 PM
trainers is a good idea.

We had a guy join my dogfight server. And he was polite, etc... but very new.

He was constantly getting shot down. I was thinking back when I first started - it was painful, almost enough to make me not play the game. I was challenged, and pushed on. 3 of my friends all quit, it was difficult.

I think if flight combat sims are going to gain in popularity, they need to work on ways to bring the newbie in and get them comfortable.

Trainers would be nice to have - so I could take a buddy up in one, give him an idea of what it's like.

Edit: note: demo's can't really do this justice. a demo presusposes in many regards that you already know what to do.

Salute!

IV/JG51_Recon

http://www.forgottenskies.com/jg51sig2.jpg

Harh
05-16-2004, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phoenix10:
Salute All
all the words i presented is for enlarge the community ,not busting some "hardcore" WWII aviators (i mean the second)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm to answer about B17.

I am sure that we'll get B17 fully flyable or we'll get nothing more we have now no matter, do simmers want it or not. Don't ask why, I don't know http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If to be more serious, modelling inner of B17's turret positions is not far from making B17 fully flyale and if such work would be in progress, developers would create B17 wholly.
Saying about tuning the game for turret playing... The problem is that, such feature is not so easy to implement. It is not enough just to create turret positions... You seen game B17 (surely). Have you noticed how much was created to make theese turret positions playable? If I remember correctly speech pack just for inside B17 chat took more than 50MB. To make that all good, not just to add this as a feature it needs too much work, so devteam unlikely to spread workflow this way.

I understand that Il2 simmers, who want this feature do not really care of all things like a good speechpack and so on, but if developers wouldn's make such things their games will have lack in quality in a time. That all is not about making B17 turrets playable, but about why such features are not getting in the game.

By the way about quickstart online mode "defend bombers", it is certainly a good idea. It is not hard to implement and it would add new online expirience. I'm for it.

That all is just my point and many will not agree with it.

Sorry for such a long answer http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

p1ngu666
05-16-2004, 12:37 PM
any online game your gonna get owned real bad first time really

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mysig3.jpg
&lt;123_GWood_JG123&gt; NO SPAM!