PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Person Modern Day or 1st Person Modern Day?

king-hailz
06-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Which one do you prefer, and which one do you want in ACU?

For me its 100% 3rd Person!

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 10:49 PM
3rd person.

Locopells
06-12-2014, 12:01 AM
3rd person for me.

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 12:06 AM
I Personally like 3rd person games in General. But in the case of this game. If I'm The person that is suppose to be working for abstergo still.. then I think it would need to be First Person.

If we have another Desmond like Character then yeah... 3rd person all the way.

Jexx21
06-12-2014, 12:09 AM
where's "I don't mind either one?"

DisbandedBox359
06-12-2014, 01:27 AM
3rd person every time, it's what they need to do to get the modern day back on track

dxsxhxcx
06-12-2014, 03:51 AM
3rd person

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 03:57 AM
13-0

Quite a tight match we've got going here.

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
06-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Third person. AC is not a first person game like a developer said in Making ACUnity, an IGN Documentary

Aphex_Tim
06-12-2014, 09:41 AM
I actually prefer first person. It's a good change of pace. We already play third person for the majority of the game. I liked how in AC4 it was mostly optional and if you felt like it, you could gather as much info on Abstergo and the Assassins vs. Templars struggle as you wanted. You don't need to play as a third person free-running character for that. I know you could also do that in AC1 but in AC4, I was doing that. Not Desmond.

roostersrule2
06-12-2014, 09:54 AM
3rd person.

No comparison.

Moultonborough
06-12-2014, 10:50 AM
3rd person all the way. First Person fits for some games (mostly FPS but also TES) but not AC. Desmond's Journey it was fine for but they should of dropped it afterwards, not make it as a modern day "character". During the GameSpot interview (if I remember right) it was said we are playing as "ourselves" again but not as a Abstergo employee. I'll find the link if I can.

EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-assassin-s-creed-unity-stage-demo/2300-6419587/ 6:37

RinoTheBouncer
06-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Of course a 3rd person modern day!

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
06-12-2014, 11:23 AM
3rd person all the way. First Person fits for some games (mostly FPS but also TES) but not AC. Desmond's Journey it was fine for but they should of dropped it afterwards, not make it as a modern day "character". During the GameSpot interview (if I remember right) it was said we are playing as "ourselves" again but not as a Abstergo employee. I'll find the link if I can.

EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-assassin-s-creed-unity-stage-demo/2300-6419587/ 6:37

Maybe some kind of third/first person but with the possibility to personalize the character?

Aphex_Tim
06-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Looks like I'm very much a minority here, judging from the current poll results..... :p

dxsxhxcx
06-12-2014, 01:50 PM
I actually prefer first person. It's a good change of pace. We already play third person for the majority of the game. I liked how in AC4 it was mostly optional and if you felt like it, you could gather as much info on Abstergo and the Assassins vs. Templars struggle as you wanted. You don't need to play as a third person free-running character for that. I know you could also do that in AC1 but in AC4, I was doing that. Not Desmond.

while my personal preference is 3rd person (in general), I wouldn't mind if AC's modern day was in 1st person (I would but I could live with it) if at least the character was unique (and by this I mean: have a voice, a mind of his/her own, interact with other NPCs and be affected by the story's events as much as Desmond did, think of it as AC1~3 in 1st person, and while we're at it, PLEASE, give me LEGS and HANDS!! Our real vision is in first person, can't you see your legs, arms and even your body in the real world, assuming you're not blind or lost any of your body's members?.. or is this just "too much" work like put a woman among the co-op characters?) and not supposed to be ourselves.

I much prefer to be told another person story (in AC's case we can use Desmond as example) than pretend I (the player) am part of the story*, I find much easier to relate to another person story and put myself on this character shoes (immerse myself in the story) than pretend I'm supposed to be the character (specially when I don't have the option to choose how to approach a situation, how am I suppose to pretend I'm the character if I don't have any option to how interact with/or something to say about the events that are happening with ME? All I did in AC4 was to be an spectator as the events unfolded with no say in it).

*this approach IMO is much more interesting outside the game, interacting with promotional content related to the story like the old Abstergo Website, Project Legacy, etc, where I can put myselft EXACTLY where I am, sitting in front of a computer.

https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/476160481330475008

I saw that Darby made a "joke" on twitter (see above) about AC4's modern day style trying to justify his decision of putting ourselves as the protagonist because of the co-op, (assumption) probably to give the idea that every single player now playing as themselves is a unique character inside the AC universe (does this mean the characters with which we interacted with in AC4 repeated those lines to millions of people? This must've been really boring for them), IMO this doesn't make the whole thing more enjoyable (for the reasons I stated above) and they could've done that with the old style as well, all they needed to do is create a excuse that made sense story-wise for the other characters to join the protagonist in the animus and voilą, no need to change to 1st person uninteresting characters/events.

ps: if you made it here, congratulations!!

Ureh
06-12-2014, 06:22 PM
I like both. Let's do both of them.

Like when we're in cutscenes, freerunning and exploring most places, it's 3rd person. But when we walk up to a computer, or a wall covered with markings/writings or something it becomes 1st person or over-the-shoulder camera. And maybe add 1st person QTEs like God of War (gouging out the eyes or carving off the ears with our hidden blades).

Dome500
06-13-2014, 12:25 AM
Third Person.

I don't want to be "the floating camera" again...

I much prefer to be told another person story (in AC's case we can use Desmond as example) than pretend I (the player) am part of the story*, I find much easier to relate to another person story and put myself on this character shoes (immerse myself in the story) than pretend I'm supposed to be the character (specially when I don't have the option to choose how to approach a situation, how am I suppose to pretend I'm the character if I don't have any option to how interact with/or something to say about the events that are happening with ME? All I did in AC4 was to be an spectator as the events unfolded with no say in it).

*this approach IMO is much more interesting outside the game, interacting with promotional content related to the story like the old Abstergo Website, Project Legacy, etc, where I can put myselft EXACTLY where I am, sitting in front of a computer.

https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/st...60481330475008

I saw that Darby made a "joke" on twitter (see above) about AC4's modern day style trying to justify his decision of putting ourselves as the protagonist because of the co-op, (assumption) probably to give the idea that every single player now playing as themselves is a unique character inside the AC universe (does this mean the characters with which we interacted with in AC4 repeated those lines to millions of people? This must've been really boring for them), IMO this doesn't make the whole thing more enjoyable (for the reasons I stated above) and they could've done that with the old style as well, all they needed to do is create a excuse that made sense story-wise for the other characters to join the protagonist in the animus and voilą, no need to change to 1st person uninteresting characters/events.

ABSOLUTELY AGREED.

I mean, I want an interesting MD character with his own story and his own problems, his own voice and his own look.
Man, it can't be that hard: Establish a character, let him be our MD-character for 1 - 3 games, conclude his story, start with a new MD character.
Simple.On top you can end his/her story whenever you want, you can create individual new characters and stories which all have a different angle on the whole thing. And you can give all of them a PERSONALITY. Something INTERESTING.

I don't want to be "me" in Assassins Creed.