PDA

View Full Version : We Are The Modern Day Protagonist AGAIN!!!!

king-hailz
06-11-2014, 12:53 AM
"There will be a modern section to the game as well, in some way starring "you." I'm not quite sure what that means, but they said it'd be different than Assassin's Creed IV, which had the player in the role of an unnamed employee of fictional (and Templar-aligned) Abstergo Entertainment."

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-unitys-paris-is-huge-really-huge-1588817927

So i guess its us again but at the assassin's HQ maybe adding a parkour system to make it like mirrors edge.

Im dissapointed...

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 12:56 AM
i don't trust any source on that but ubisoft themselves

Layytez
06-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Us again ? Great :rolleyes:. If we are not researching at Abstergo then we are probably going to be with the rest of the Assassins or maybe the Initiates.

Shahkulu101
06-11-2014, 12:57 AM
It's not going to be 3rd person anyway...ever again.

king-hailz
06-11-2014, 01:04 AM
It's not going to be 3rd person anyway...ever again.

I have been playing this game since the beginning, and i loved it for a lot of reasons and 3rd person modern day being one of them... and know that they are taking it out i feel betrayed. It is just as important to me as things like parkour. I know a lot of people would stop playing these games if there was no parkour so now that MD is gone why should i buy it...

Shahkulu101
06-11-2014, 01:06 AM
I have been playing this game since the beginning, and i loved it for a lot of reasons and 3rd person modern day being one of them... and know that they are taking it out i feel betrayed. It is just as important to me as things like parkour. I know a lot of people would stop playing these games if there was no parkour so now that MD is gone why should i buy it...

If you feel like the game isn't worth it by your own standards, of course you shouldn't buy it. But you still want to, and will buy it because clearly modern day is not as important as the parkour. :rolleyes:

king-hailz
06-11-2014, 01:14 AM
If you feel like the game isn't worth it by your own standards, of course you shouldn't buy it. But you still want to, and will buy it because clearly modern day is not as important as the parkour. :rolleyes:

Well i will buy it because i love this franchise... but i really do love the modern day parts as much as anything else. It was so unique and cool and now theyve ruined it. The entire concept was so amazing to me that i looked past the bad character development of desmond...

Shahkulu101
06-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Hey, I loved it too. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was excited every time the modern day sections begun - eager to find out more about the over-arching lore. But with annual releases I can understand why they let it go, especially when the majority didn't like Modern Day anyway.

king-hailz
06-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Hey, I loved it too. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was excited every time the modern day sections begun - eager to find out more about the over-arching lore. But with annual releases I can understand why they let it go, especially when the majority didn't like Modern Day anyway.

Well the reason they didnt like it is because it wasnt done properly... i mean i think a lot more people hate the new modern day since its still there but with a **** story and crappy gameplay... i dont think they will ever completely get rid of it but if they are gonna keep it in, make it worth something atleast. I mean it being us concept is terrible, and well some people used to enjoy the previous modern day and now even less of them enjoy it... they might as well completely get rid of it...

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 01:29 AM
WHO...CARES. AC3 modern day was poor..and I actually thought AC4's was great, the best since brotherhood. I like taking a break from action to learn more about the story, and the hacking was fun IMO.

I thought we all loved the modern day in AC4 at first..but now we seem to all hate it?

Just like how many of us liked AC3 at first, but as we get farther away some of us seem to feel "safe enough" to admit that they didn't. It all very confusing.

My ONLY worry about this game is whether or not some of those things like dynamic encounters will be cut from the game. I would like to know VERY early on if they are, not the AC3 situation in which we figured out that half the mechanic were gone only on release day. AC3 e3and early demos also showed dynamic encounters and these "quest" type missions..so I am a bit skeptical..but hey this is Alex Amancio. He only had a year to create Revelations and only one of the mechanics were "cut"..the random encounters...but not even totally cut.

Also I heard that he right off the bat confirmed that there will be NO tower defense in Unity. It is nice to see that he has a sense of humor and can laugh about his mistakes.

Shahkulu101
06-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Well the reason they didnt like it is because it wasnt done properly... i mean i think a lot more people hate the new modern day since its still there but with a **** story and crappy gameplay... i dont think they will ever completely get rid of it but if they are gonna keep it in, make it worth something atleast. I mean it being us concept is terrible, and well some people used to enjoy the previous modern day and now even less of them enjoy it... they might as well completely get rid of it...

Nah, I enjoyed finding all the neat little references, and cool audio logs - some of Desmond's were almost tear jerkers. I thought exploring Abstergo was cool, something I always wanted to do. I'd love it if they could put more meaningful content in there though. I get what you mean, I hate silent protagonists and trying to convince myself I'm in the game world just didn't work.

I wish we'd played as Otso Berg, wonder what he's up to...

Legendz54
06-11-2014, 01:31 AM

Perk89
06-11-2014, 01:31 AM
that's disappointing.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Guys...who...cares..

Modern Day is all story at this point. Would you rather us walk around as some new 3rd person assassin shoehorned into the modern day story? Or play as William? No hope for a 3rd person "action" character in William..and what a stupid idea it would be to play as Rebecca or Shaun.

I think they made the right choice. We are likely the same "person" as in AC4.

We all had to see this coming..the assassins asked "you" to work with them and said they would make it "worth your while".

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Doesn't really matter to me as long as the MD story is good.

rprkjj
06-11-2014, 01:45 AM
This is why annualization is awful. We might get the perfect historical experience with Unity but the modern day will hold it back because they were already halfway done with the game when they realized that the AC4 modern day wasn't that great.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 01:53 AM
This is why annualization is awful. We might get the perfect historical experience with Unity but the modern day will hold it back because they were already halfway done with the game when they realized that the AC4 modern day wasn't that great.

No it's because you touch yourself at night.

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 01:54 AM
I think that AC3's modern day was great and that AC4's modern day was great. Both had the best modern-day segments of the series.

Shahkulu101
06-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Who the hell doesn't? - I mean not every night but...

Legendz54
06-11-2014, 01:56 AM
I expected it coming but i cant say i'm not disappointed.. They could just get us to play as Otso berg in 3rd person doing all the hacking stuff or one of the modern day characters from initiates.. I hate playing as 1st person..

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 02:00 AM
You also do realize that since this wasn't actually confirmed by Ubisoft it isn't 100% positive, right? All that Ubisoft has officially said about it is that if you thought Black Flag was different, this will be even more different.

I'm hoping for first-person parkour in a small city environment. Like Dying Light or Mirror's Edge.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Who the hell doesn't? - I mean not every night but...

Men are so lucky. Women have to get like "self pleasure" kits. Too much cleaning.

NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW I am a pure, innocent little girl, and Jesus loves me.

BTW also off topic but how excited are you to play as Fetch in Second Son DLC?

Shahkulu101
06-11-2014, 02:07 AM
Men are so lucky. Women have to get like "self pleasure" kits. Too much cleaning.

NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW I am a pure, innocent little girl, and Jesus loves me.

little too graphic...

And I thought Jews love Moses.

I-Like-Pie45
06-11-2014, 02:18 AM
little too graphic...

And I thought Jews love Moses.

Jesus loves all people regardless of their faith.

rprkjj
06-11-2014, 02:20 AM
No it's because you touch yourself at night.

I think I touch myself everyday actually. Sometimes other people touch me. I wonder what that does, if touching myself degrades the quality of AC.

Locopells
06-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Err, guys...

Dome500
06-11-2014, 02:49 AM
I liked AC3 modern day - a lot. Not because it was particualrily amazing - IMO they did not go far enough - but mainly because it had so much potential and one could really see improvements.
A shame they don't do it Third Person anymore.

My hopes are:

1. That this MD story will be more interesting and will have more story-pull than the AC4 one
2. That they do something along the line of Mirrors Edge, like first-person parkour, that wouldn't be bad if they pull it off the right way.

travilanche
06-11-2014, 02:54 AM

I am the exact opposite. I always hated whenever they pulled me out of the animus to do some boring Desmond mission. Especially in AC III. But I didn't mind it in AC 4 because of the hints at future game locations.

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 03:02 AM
Pffft, you don't need kits. Not with enough skill.

We are talking about developmnent kits, right?

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Women have to get like "self pleasure" kits
that sounds awesome.

Layytez
06-11-2014, 03:48 AM
I can deal with 1st person.....if we can interact with it. Walking around with no form of acknowledgment to information given is not fun. It removes the us from being us when they want us to be us. How about you let us interact with people and give us a list of questions we can ask in order to get more from it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 03:50 AM
REALLY? Mirror's edge-esque modern day?

That's just silly.

For the benefit of most I hope the parkour is simplistic so it doesn't confuse players to learn 2 entirely different gameplay mechanics.

Legendz54
06-11-2014, 03:58 AM
My current feelings on the modern day first person..

Pretend the punching bag is the 1st person modern day protagonist..

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/forthebetter20/giphy_zpsdfc560d2.gif

Dome500
06-11-2014, 03:59 AM
REALLY? Mirror's edge-esque modern day?

That's just silly.

For the benefit of most I hope the parkour is simplistic so it doesn't confuse players to learn 2 entirely different gameplay mechanics.

Better than the "floating camera".

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 04:04 AM
I'd rather be a floating ipad for 30 minutes than be forced to learn an entirely new gameplay mechanic for maybe two hours of actual use.

Lonnie_Jackson
06-11-2014, 04:05 AM
Why not just let us create "us" in a character creator for the modern day stuff?

Layytez
06-11-2014, 04:07 AM
Why not just let us create "us" in a character creator for the modern day stuff?
Would require more time and resources they are wiling to use...well maybe not for ACU but I don't see it happening.

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 04:07 AM
Yes I'd rather customize myself a 3rd person character to look like me.

Though Ubisoft might feel obligated to add multiple voice options. Or they're afraid of people making their character look like Shrek.

@hollow

Ubisoft has 30 development studios. They're only using 10 for Unity. They have 9,000+ employees. They're the second biggest third party videogame company in the world I'm pretty sure. They totally have resources for it.

Lonnie_Jackson
06-11-2014, 04:17 AM
@Mayrice lol some would do that. But hey, that's their immersion style. I would try my best with what they provide. They could actually make it simplistic and use uplay or acinitiates to give us modern day outfit choices for later on. I'm okay with this.

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 04:19 AM
I would make my character look like Shrek.

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 04:20 AM
Ubisoft should be giving us a mystery to solve in modern day like they did with Desmond in AC1, AC2 and ACB.

Layytez
06-11-2014, 04:21 AM
Yes I'd rather customize myself a 3rd person character to look like me.

Though Ubisoft might feel obligated to add multiple voice options. Or they're afraid of people making their character look like Shrek.

@hollow

Ubisoft has 30 development studios. They're only using 10 for Unity. They have 9,000+ employees. They're the second biggest third party videogame company in the world I'm pretty sure. They totally have resources for it.

I said willing to use, I never said they didn't have the resources.

Lonnie_Jackson
06-11-2014, 04:28 AM
Ubisoft should be giving us a mystery to solve in modern day like they did with Desmond in AC1, AC2 and ACB.
Agreed if you want to use us as the main, they should try and involve us in a lot more than walking and hacking. Not saying I didn't enjoy it but it lacked something.

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 04:29 AM
Ah i misinterpreted then.

Apologies.

I-Like-Pie45
06-11-2014, 05:06 AM
I enjoy playing with myself. :)

wvstolzing
06-11-2014, 05:06 AM
How about the new 'Helix Network'.

Looks like the modern protagonist is on this, rather than the 'animus network'.

souNdwAve89
06-11-2014, 05:27 AM
Helix reminds me of the data fragments in Revelations and Black Flag. Wonder if the modern day character collected them for this network.

mhg87
06-11-2014, 05:27 AM
For those of who who follow the Iniatates website, Maybe we are an Initiate?

Jish_01
06-13-2014, 09:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKot7Sy9Qo
6:40. Seems we're not the Abstergo guy though? thoughts?

king-hailz
06-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Well i guess its similar to AC4 but still very different! All the games from now on will be like this, think of it like this...

AC1 - AC4 is the desmond cycle... because we always went to desmonds ancestors...

According to Darby Arno is not an ancestor of Desmond... so we go to the memories of a new person... but if we are still the protagonist i have no idea what is going on!

Jish_01
06-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Yeah! unless we can make our own character GTA online style.. haha. That'd be a bit of a fail. Well if its first person again.. doesn't that mean that we won't say a word again through the whole of the story? If its 'us' again. That to me sounds like not much will happen in the modern day.. yet again!

AherasSTRG
06-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Darby confirmed Arno is not an ancestor of Desmond

My theory:

YOU are going to be the protagonist, YOU YOURSELF. And Arno is YOUR ancestor, he is YOURS. Hence the ability to costumise him as you wish: "He is my ancestor, huh? I think he was good with the spear..."

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 10:36 AM
OU are going to be the protagonist, YOU YOURSELF. And Arno is YOUR ancestor, he is YOURS. Hence the ability to costumise him as you wish: "He is my ancestor, huh? I think he was good with the spear..."

Hah! I can dream up some more things he was good with. Headcanoning ahoy!

AherasSTRG
06-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Hah! I can dream up some more things he was good with. Headcanoning ahoy!

That was the point of the... spear... :cool:

deskp
06-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I believe, we never walk around or anything. We spend the modern day, in some interface, researching, solving puzzles, recieving emails etc. from the comfort of our own homes.
Maybe if theres some "kenways fleet" similar feature it might be set in the modern day, controlled from our 'personal' interface.

Whose anccestor it is does not matter, they collect genetic material from alot of people.