PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only Assassin here that's not feeling this new Assassin, or the setting????

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Yo this dude is underwhelming as F@%K and his outfit is like the wackest of them all. I seriously hope he has better looking outfits lol. This guy is lacking the bad aszzness(yeah I said bad azzness) of the other assissins. Even that female assassin looks more threatening than he does. And from the footage of paris that I seen it was yaaaaaaawn!!!(may have better locations). I mean after coming off of beautiful mysterious islands to lame ol old school paris was a huge let down. AC3 was like this after coming from beautiful old school Italy to wack old school half built boston and new york. But they made up for that with the beautiful frontier and sea missions. Man, even the trailer was the wackest out of all of them smh. The trailers are always bad azz, I hop they got a better one than the one they just released. The game looks kinda like it went back to AC2 style graphics as well.

Honestly, I think this is not a real official AC game(if you know what I mean). I think this game is just a "test" on their first go on the new systems. They are "testing the waters".The next game will be the real one after they get comfortable with the new systems and learn from the mistakes of unity. Next game is gonna be AC 5 and will continue the story just watch.

LoyalACFan
06-10-2014, 10:19 AM
You lost me at "yo."

rprkjj
06-10-2014, 10:22 AM
wut

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Y'all need to step your sarcasm up lol. I remember people clowning on conner but this guy just seems dull from the jump. His outfit doesn't just scream "bad azz assassin" like the others. He just seems all elegant and friendly. The first impressions of the new assassin are really underwhelming.

zsuti1
06-10-2014, 10:32 AM
His outfit makes sense. He is an Assassin, not some celebrity. Assassins need to blend in the crowd an this robe is perfect for that.

phoenix-force411
06-10-2014, 10:34 AM
I was glad that Alex Amancio mentioned "Blade in the crowd".

adventurewomen
06-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Dawg I feel you, yh I'm not feelin' Arno..

:D

RinoTheBouncer
06-10-2014, 10:36 AM
I don’t have anything against the outfit or Arno or the gameplay or the graphics. I’m loving all but the whole co-op thing and the way everything’s being promoted feels like the story has no place in this game. Just cool gameplay like ACIV, but no story whatsoever.

LoyalACFan
06-10-2014, 10:41 AM
I don’t have anything against the outfit or Arno or the gameplay or the graphics. I’m loving all but the whole co-op thing and the way everything’s being promoted feels like the story has no place in this game. Just cool gameplay like ACIV, but no story whatsoever.

Well of course they're going to show us the brand-new features in the first trailers... There's no reason to assume they're slacking off on the story just because the reveal demos don't spoil anything. Besides, I think they worked very hard to establish a mood and theme in the limited screen time they were given, and I'm sure it was a conscious effort to set the stage for the narrative. It isn't being forgotten.

Dag_B
06-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Didn't know the game was about looking "bad azz". Maybe I played it wrong.

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Yeah I'm kinda getting that vibe too.

Didn't know the game was about looking "bad azz". Maybe I played it wrong.
I never said that's what the game was about lol what were you reading? did you even read it at all? I was speaking on what's to be expected. Let me give you a small example of what I'm speaking since you can't grasp what I mean. Go back and look at all the trailers for the last games, no look at unity, look again at the others, and now look at unity's..........I'm on a horse! LOL but seriously, this game just seems like it's getting away from the dark, gritty, bad azz vibe of the previous games. That's all I'm saying. This elegant baby face Frenchman just seems underwhelming.

Farlander1991
06-10-2014, 10:47 AM
On a serious note, I don't really like the E3 outfit. It seems so bland. And by bland I don't mean that nothing's there, just the texture is boring and very... well... it doesn't feel like fabric, to be honest. And I looked at it in the HD footage from Ubi's youtube channel (at first I thought that maybe it was just because of the stream, but it's not). I much prefer the look of it from the Sneak Peek trailer.

adventurewomen
06-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Also seems like Ubisoft are trying to recapture the fanbase, Unity so far in some ways has the same atmosphere as AC2 and Arno reminds me of Ezio, Edward & Haytham.

killzab
06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
I donít have anything against the outfit or Arno or the gameplay or the graphics. Iím loving all but the whole co-op thing and the way everythingís being promoted feels like the story has no place in this game. Just cool gameplay like ACIV, but no story whatsoever.

Because story doesn't matter anymore

LoyalACFan
06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Also seems like Ubisoft are trying to recapture the fanbase, Unity so far in some ways has the same atmosphere as AC2 and Arno reminds me of Ezio, Edward & Haytham.

You don't think there's a bit of Connor in there too? Because his narration made him seem pretty caring and genuinely concerned for the people rather than focusing on his own personal mission. To me he seems like he's got Ezio's charm, Edward's wit, Haytham's elegance and Connor's conscience ;)

Farlander1991
06-10-2014, 10:54 AM
AC E3 footage never had a lot of story content in it, so I don't get what the story fuss is about.

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-10-2014, 10:54 AM
EXACTLY!!!!!!!! I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed this. I like the way AC3 looked the best though. That animation was the best and most realistic looking.

LoyalACFan
06-10-2014, 10:56 AM
EXACTLY!!!!!!!! I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed this. I like the way AC3 looked the best though. That animation was the best and most realistic looking.

... did you seriously just call the AC3 cinematic trailer realistic? The one where he charges a firing line and shoots a bow in midair?

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 10:58 AM
I think the outfit makes Arno look less noticeable, more stealthy and badass. I will probably customise Arno's robes anyway when i get the game but the robes look fine to me and fit the setting. And you say there is no grittiness? You throw a guy out of the window and the crowd beats him up and chops his head of and puts it on top of a gun.. lol

LoyalACFan
06-10-2014, 11:00 AM
I think the outfit makes Arno look less noticeable, more stealthy and badass. I will probably customise Arno's robes anyway when i get the game but the robes look fine to me and fit the setting. And you say there is no grittiness? You throw a guy out of the window and the crowd beats him up and chops his head of and puts it on top of a gun.. lol

Yeah, lol, if anything this one looks "grittier" than any AC before it. Even AC1. Which is something I've been hoping for, AC has been shying away from the darker side of Assassin life for too long.

adventurewomen
06-10-2014, 11:02 AM
You don't think there's a bit of Connor in there too? Because his narration made him seem pretty caring and genuinely concerned for the people rather than focusing on his own personal mission. To me he seems like he's got Ezio's charm, Edward's wit, Haytham's elegance and Connor's conscience ;)
I agree, maybe just some of Connor's personality.. but I really would have liked to see Arno being a different type of character/personality from what we've seen before.

Totally agreed & the animation of AC3 did look more realistic and AC3 did look the best!

Even the main cinematic trailer parts of that trailer reminded me of AC3's main cinematic trailer, I wrote this earlier on another thread:

Everything so far about Unity reminds me of previous games even the main trailer is reminiscent of AC3's trailer with the Eagle transforming then changes into an Assassin exactly what Connor did flying through the trees but in Unity - Arno flys past buildings as an Eagle. Then we have Arno nodding at his allies exactly what Connor did in the AC3 main trailer. Everything in that cinematic trailer we've seen before.

It seems like Ubisoft are trying to remake AC3 but this time as the French Revolution of course.

... did you seriously just call the AC3 cinematic trailer realistic? The one where he charges a firing line and shoots a bow in midair?
Shooting a bow from midair is possible and can be done, like you can fire a gun in midair.

Graphically AC3 cinematic trailer looks the same as Unity's cinematic in terms of quality and some direction.

Dag_B
06-10-2014, 11:06 AM
I find it hard to say anything specific about Arno or his Co-Op-Buddys as we did not really see much of him. It's just too early.

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-10-2014, 11:07 AM
ummmmmmmm...... I think this is the main driving force for most of us. The story is unique and like the best ongoing story I've seen in a game in awhile. We all are wanting to know what happened to desmond at this point. Especially after that huge tease AC4 gave us(I'm still mad about that lol). But I seriously hope they don't continue the story on this one because I'm not getting a Xbox one until they start making actual next gen games to play. Which is gonna be like late 2015.You see rocksteady used their heads with the 3rd game in the batman trilogy. They knew that a large number of people didn't have the next gen systems yet. They know we are all gonna buy the last installment after the classic second game. So they pushed it back to a time when a large portion of the fan base will be able to play it.

I seriously think ubisoft should have took a year off this time. I really hope this game doesn't pick up the story because a lot of us fans are gonna be p@%*ed!

shobhit7777777
06-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Thats kind of the point for an outfit - NOT to scream badass assasin to everyone

Dag_B
06-10-2014, 11:09 AM
I sure hope that a game that good looking (from the few bits we saw) does contribute to the story. Seems wasted, if it's just another "spin-off".

killzab
06-10-2014, 11:20 AM
ummmmmmmm...... I think this is the main driving force for most of us. The story is unique and like the best ongoing story I've seen in a game in awhile. We all are wanting to know what happened to desmond at this point. Especially after that huge tease AC4 gave us(I'm still mad about that lol). But I seriously hope they don't continue the story on this one because I'm not getting a Xbox one until they start making actual next gen games to play. Which is gonna be like late 2015.You see rocksteady used their heads with the 3rd game in the batman trilogy. They knew that a large number of people didn't have the next gen systems yet. They know we are all gonna buy the last installment after the classic second game. So they pushed it back to a time when a large portion of the fan base will be able to play it.

I seriously think ubisoft should have took a year off this time. I really hope this game doesn't pick up the story because a lot of us fans are gonna be p@%*ed!

Lol so because a lot of people still don't have a new console, they should do a pointless game with no story ?

Kirokill
06-10-2014, 11:30 AM
To me he seems like he's got Ezio's charm, Edward's wit, Haytham's elegance and Connor's conscience ;)

He also seems to got Altair's mysteriousness, and a similar voice to his.

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-10-2014, 11:33 AM

Yeah, lol, if anything this one looks "grittier" than any AC before it. Even AC1. Which is something I've been hoping for, AC has been shying away from the darker side of Assassin life for too long.
Ok, I didn't want to do this but some of y'all seemed to have forgotten. Just look at these trailers, I was pumped!! after seeing these. These trailers were gangsta!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EwB4jjYCwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIHvnTb6HXw

I'm not getting the same feeling with this new guy at all. The whole group assassin thing is kinda wack too. It's kinda like how they seemed to make AC4 more of a pirate game than a assassins game, you feel me? It just takes the elements of the series away. This game looks more like the tree musketeers more than an assassin game. First impressions mean a lot people. This first impression was missing that assassins polish, you know what I mean?

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Lol so because a lot of people still don't have a new console, they should do a pointless game with no story ?
You took what I posted a bit too literal. I'm saying they should do what they did with ac4 or just took a whole year off.

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Yes the trailers were good.. but ask yourself did the end product of each game meet your satisfaction 100%?.. First impressions are something but not everything.. They showed the group of Assassins in the ACB trailer too so what makes that trailer better than Unity's? The difference is that you won't have to call in 100 assassins to do everything for you and the other 3 assassins in Unity are actual players that you can create your own experience with.. I have always wanted to play and share my experiences with AC and play it with friends.. and now I can do it in an awesome way in Unity.

Just wait and see.. there will probably be the first civ technology and Those who came before and all the good stuff that is in the previous games.. maybe even a Kenway reference. Just remember someone is viewing Arno for a purpose.. it wont just be mindless gameplay without story.

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Arno's face?

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2cnto5k.jpg

AherasSTRG
06-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Yes, you are the only one feeling that way.

Dag_B
06-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Speaking of trailers and what we saw and what not... The gameplay bit in Mani60cent12's signature literally sold the game to me. A few days ago I was like "meh, I am not sure if I want Unity at all" (haven't finished Black Flag yet) and after seeing those smooth parkour moves: "OMG I NEED THIS!". xD

adventurewomen
06-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Speaking of trailers and what we saw and what not... The gameplay bit in Mani60cent12's signature literally sold the game to me. A few days ago I was like "meh, I am not sure if I want Unity at all" (haven't finished Black Flag yet) and after seeing those smooth parkour moves: "OMG I NEED THIS!". xD
Arno's movements need improvement, looks glitchy as hell.

killzab
06-10-2014, 12:13 PM

How?

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 12:15 PM

Glitchy? Looked pretty fluid and smooth to me.

adventurewomen
06-10-2014, 12:17 PM
How?

Glitchy? Looked pretty fluid and smooth to me.
Looks like some of the animation frames have been clipped, obviously Ubi are still working on Arno's animation.

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Looks like some of the animation frames have been clipped, obviously Ubi are still working on Arno's animation.

Really? If its been clipped I didn't notice.. oh well.

killzab
06-10-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm more concerned with NPC's movements; some looked really bad.

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm more concerned with NPC's movements; some looked really bad.

On the topic of NPC's i did see a few clones :( not that big of an issue.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/rj1jti.jpg

DinoSteve1
06-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Who made the OP an Assassin?

adventurewomen
06-10-2014, 12:28 PM
There is one voice of the NPC's that stood out was that British accent guy he's been voiced some NPC's in AC3 & AC4 really stands out and breaks immersion as you've heard him talk before in AC3 & AC4.. that's going to be annoying to hear that actor speak for some NPC's again.

Markaccus
06-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Well, befuzzle my snuzzle and drizzle my wizzle. Y'all. Or something.

I think it is still too early to judge these things. They may simply be trying to keep the really good stuff secret.

Edit: Snozzle.

killzab
06-10-2014, 12:30 PM
On the topic of NPC's i did see a few clones :( not that big of an issue.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/rj1jti.jpg

I'm talking about the way they move

kosmoscreed
06-10-2014, 12:36 PM

Looks way better than the other AC games, go back and watch the other games, the improvement on how the character interact with the scenarios is massive, now it feels and look fluid, before was pretty clunky in a lot of cases.

In the other hand, interaction with the crowd looks as bad as always.

ze_topazio
06-10-2014, 12:38 PM
I quite like his robes.

Some of his animations are a bit weird, no human could possible move like that, maybe too much animations for a low frame-rate, he has the Watch Dogs running that looks super slow, like a really heavy person running at full speed but their full speed is still super slow do to their weight, he looks like he's putting a lot of effort to run but moves so slow it's kind of annoying to watch, and just like in Watch Dogs he looks like he is running on the air.

pacmanate
06-10-2014, 01:07 PM
His robes look like a rubber and arno is too skinny

Also regarding running, I hate that he has Aidens running animation, it just sucks. Plus I just keep thinking of Aiden now when I see it.

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 01:12 PM

Also regarding running, I hate that he has Aidens running animation, it just sucks. Plus I just keep thinking of Aiden now when I see it.

Hahaha yes now that you mention it.. Its like someone mentioned above its like watching a fat guy running at full speed and you look like you are going really slow.

Shahkulu101
06-10-2014, 01:13 PM

Might just be a placeholder - anyway Aidens running animations are awesome.

What I'm curious about is how this new parkour up/down works? Does holding R + O mean we automatically climb downwards without having any control? And is parkour up (holding R + X) just a return to AC1-ACR free running?

pacmanate
06-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Might just be a placeholder - anyway Aidens running animations are awesome.

Not sure if placeholder. Mentioned it to Shade and he said maybe W_D took it from Unity. Not sure...

And they really aren't. Aidens arms move like a robot and no one runs with their hands flat instead of clenched. Not to mention his forearms move too far away from his body. He looks like he's trying to fly.

Shahkulu101
06-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Not sure if placeholder. Mentioned it to Shade and he said maybe W_D took it from Unity. Not sure...

And they really aren't. Aidens arms move like a robot and no one runs with their hands flat instead of clenched. Not to mention his forearms move too far away from his body. He looks like he's trying to fly.

I run like that - it's a technique. :(

Markaccus
06-10-2014, 01:29 PM

Sprinters run with flat hands. Less drag than a fist, and they need every millisecond.

pacmanate
06-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Sprinters run with flat hands. Less drag than a fist, and they need every millisecond.

That's great and all, but like someone else said, Aiden's running is slow. It looks like a heavy guy running in slow motion.

Megas_Doux
06-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Or course you dont!

However, I am sold for this setting, I enjoyed the rural approach, mostly on AC IV, but seeing Paris the way is done is outstanding!

Legendz54
06-10-2014, 01:37 PM
This is how i feel when im running as Aiden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJPrvtmAUFQ

FrankieSatt
06-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Yo this dude is underwhelming as F@%K and his outfit is like the wackest of them all. I seriously hope he has better looking outfits lol. This guy is lacking the bad aszzness(yeah I said bad azzness) of the other assissins. Even that female assassin looks more threatening than he does. And from the footage of paris that I seen it was yaaaaaaawn!!!(may have better locations). I mean after coming off of beautiful mysterious islands to lame ol old school paris was a huge let down. AC3 was like this after coming from beautiful old school Italy to wack old school half built boston and new york. But they made up for that with the beautiful frontier and sea missions. Man, even the trailer was the wackest out of all of them smh. The trailers are always bad azz, I hop they got a better one than the one they just released. The game looks kinda like it went back to AC2 style graphics as well.

Honestly, I think this is not a real official AC game(if you know what I mean). I think this game is just a "test" on their first go on the new systems. They are "testing the waters".The next game will be the real one after they get comfortable with the new systems and learn from the mistakes of unity. Next game is gonna be AC 5 and will continue the story just watch.

You lost all respect with me when you started complaining about the outfits. If you are playing the game based on his outfits than you are playing for all the wrong reasons.

AC Unity is exactly the kind of AC game that should have been done instead of Black Flag. AC Unity is a TRUE AC sequel by the looks of it.

Jexx21
06-10-2014, 03:17 PM
You aren't an Assassin and I don't know why you would want to be, because the Assassins are too radical to be a group you actually join in real life (unless you are also radical).

Arno seems cool and I love the way Paris is. Loved Boston and New York in AC3 and Unity just looks awesome.

ze_topazio
06-10-2014, 03:23 PM
The Assassins are definitely radical, look at all the parkour they do.

m4r-k7
06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Love the new gameplay animations and parkour, looks much more smooth. I like Arno's outfit, looks very French and not too over the top. They are going with the AC 1 approach with blending in massive crowds, simple outfit, heavy and light attacks etc which I really like. We have no idea of the story or Arno's characteristics yet.

prince162010
06-10-2014, 03:48 PM

Agreed 100%, but you can't blame the story now, we need to wait for more info and gameplay

Megas_Doux
06-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Paris is so many things that encapsulate what every urban environment in Assassins Creed should be! There are FEW cities that can be up with her: London, Beijing during the Ming Dynasty, or any other great chinese Capital, Ancient Rome, Constantinople/Istanbul, Baghdad during its Islamic Golden age.

superkootje
06-10-2014, 04:13 PM
I don't like French in general.
And I don't really like Arno (but that might change as I/we get to know his story)
But Ancient Paris is great for AC and the graphics and new engine is just... WOW!

JustPlainQuirky
06-10-2014, 04:23 PM
"Even that female assassin looks more threatening than he does."

sexist.

GreySkellig
06-10-2014, 05:04 PM
It seems like there are two groups of people who have gripes with Arno's outfit: those who think it's not "gangsta" enough, and those who think it could use some sort of contrasting element to break up all the blue velvet. I am decidedly in the latter camp. I have no beef with the direction they've taken on the costume--in fact I really like it, as it seems by far the least silly assassin's outfit thus far--but if I have to look at Arno's back for dozens upon dozens of hours, I want it to be at least vaguely interesting.

AssassinHMS
06-10-2014, 05:07 PM
What do people have against skinny elegant males?? And what is the meaning of the word "badass"? Lame bulky guy with an angry face?

I like the outfit. For the first time, since AC1, I feel that the Assassin can actually blend in.
As for coop, the Assassin's personality and the setting's darkness (or lack of it), I think it's way too soon to judge.

RinoTheBouncer
06-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Yeah I'm kinda getting that vibe too..

It’s really frustrating. I loved this game since day one because of how it connects everything and how it tells modern day and historical stories. Now it’s just fancy looks and gameplay. No reason to play other than the fun of playing. No story or anything. Just a GTA in historical times.

Well it matters to me. It’s the reason why I bought the first AC game in the first place and got into the series since day 1. If they’re planning to just erase the story, they’ll be losing a lot of fans in favor of a GTA replica kinda gamers.

Agreed 100%, but you can't blame the story now, we need to wait for more info and gameplay

I agree that we need to see more to judge. The gameplay and graphics look epic, so far but this whole idea of co-op in the single player will make them build the game around co-op and forget the story. I’m sure there will be brutal scenes and awesome action but I wanna know how this ties to other games. It feels like it was built just to be a cool-looking, fun next gen game, totally separate from the numbered series.

Jexx21
06-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Rino, the story is still connected, I would say it's very connected.

marvelfannumber
06-10-2014, 07:13 PM
I don't like French in general.

This is like the 2nd time you've brought this up and I still don't get it. French people are the same as most other people, their culture in modern day is not vastly different from the rest of the west, so I have no idea where you are getting your prejudice from.

Oh well, back on topic, I am absolutely loving the look of the setting. I like how it's dark and gritty with medieval elements like Acre, but still retains the tall buildings and beautiful vistas of Florence and I can't wait to run around there in October. As for Arno, I'll have to wait and see, I mean Connor and Edward ended up being nothing like how they were marketed so you know. It does annoy me how he sounds VERY similar to Edward though, that is kinda wierd.

RinoTheBouncer
06-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Rino, the story is still connected, I would say it's very connected.

Well compared to ACI to ACIII, it doesn’t feel very connected. It is connected by a mythology rather than by a T.V. series style connectivity and cliffhangers.

Paris is so many things that encapsulate what every urban environment in Assassins Creed should be! There are FEW cities that can be up with her: London, Beijing during the Ming Dynasty, or any other great chinese Capital, Ancient Rome, Constantinople/Istanbul, Baghdad during its Islamic Golden age.

I’d do anything for this setting. This, or a Sumerian one.

Jexx21
06-10-2014, 07:26 PM
I think that Black Flag feels just as connected to the rest of the series as the rest of the series.

Maybe Black Flag didn't end on a cliffhanger like the rest of the series, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. To be frank, I actually think that Black Flag arguably expanded the modern day lore more than any of the previous games did individually.

I'm just getting tired of your comments saying that the games don't focus on story anymore when I think they still retain the same amount of focus, if not more.

Layytez
06-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Lore and progression are not the same thing. Sure Black Flag gave us lots of "ah, oh, yeah I remember this", although in terms of story movement...nope. Seems like a spin off just to make use of next gen tech and give maybe one tiny nudge to the plot. Hopefully they prove us wrong because all I see is co-op being thrown at me.

Megas_Doux
06-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Iíd do anything for this setting. This, or a Sumerian one.

Yes!

And forgot to add Babylon!

I-Like-Pie45
06-10-2014, 08:00 PM
I want an AC where a united Assassin-Templar force go after Jesus and the 12 disciples, who were really First Civ cultists!

Just think about the gameplay setting combat and innovative daring story it could present! I'd hire Garth Ennis to write it

RatonhnhakeFan
06-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Lore and progression are not the same thing. Sure Black Flag gave us lots of "ah, oh, yeah I remember this", although in terms of story movement...nope. Seems like a spin off just to make use of next gen tech and give maybe one tiny nudge to the plot. Hopefully they prove us wrong because all I see is co-op being thrown at me.
You're saying it like you're expecting next game, or next next game to majorly move the plot forward. It's not gonna happen. They're trying to make these games as indepenedent as possible to avoid having to deal with any large continuous storyline. We're already getting a new protagonist in every new title just to avoid having to take previous games into consideration. Modern plot is skeletal and will remain so. All with a goal to pump these games every single year with 2038942 studios working on each.

cawatrooper9
06-10-2014, 09:52 PM
I've heard a lot of complaints that Arno's story is just another revenge story.
Check this quote from Amancio, the game's Creative Director, out, if you're feeling this way. "Driven by guilt for his perceived involvement in the death of his adoptive father, Arno joins the Assassins and sets off on a quest to eradicate the consiprators, a new radical branch of the Templars, who are pulling the strings of the revolution and preparing the coming of a new world order. "

What does this tell us?
1. Arno's driven by guilt and the desire for redemption, not revenge. He's likely to be a darker character, since he considers himself responsible for his foster father's death. He might even struggle with joining the Templars (or at least have some sort of history with them).
2. He has a stepfather... what about his biological father? Might he show up sometime in the plot? Or will his long lost father provide some other sort of motivation for Arno. For that matter, what of his mother?
3. It seems as if he's been an Assassin for a large portion of his life. Might he be a more "born and raised" Assassin, like Altair?
4. There's a new radical branch of Templars? Am I the only one excited about this?
5. "New World Order." Get out your tinfoil hats, gentlemen, it's conspiracy time!

In all serious, though, this seems like a more than adequate setup. As long as Ubisoft delivers- and I do have faith in them- this has the potential to blow all other AC games out of the water.

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2014, 10:06 PM
I've heard a lot of complaints that Arno's story is just another revenge story.
Check this quote from Amancio, the game's Creative Director, out, if you're feeling this way. "Driven by guilt for his perceived involvement in the death of his adoptive father, Arno joins the Assassins and sets off on a quest to eradicate the consiprators, a new radical branch of the Templars, who are pulling the strings of the revolution and preparing the coming of a new world order. "

What does this tell us?
1. Arno's driven by guilt and the desire for redemption, not revenge. He's likely to be a darker character, since he considers himself responsible for his foster father's death. He might even struggle with joining the Templars (or at least have some sort of history with them).
2. He has a stepfather... what about his biological father? Might he show up sometime in the plot? Or will his long lost father provide some other sort of motivation for Arno. For that matter, what of his mother?
3. It seems as if he's been an Assassin for a large portion of his life. Might he be a more "born and raised" Assassin, like Altair?
4. There's a new radical branch of Templars? Am I the only one excited about this?
5. "New World Order." Get out your tinfoil hats, gentlemen, it's conspiracy time!

In all serious, though, this seems like a more than adequate setup. As long as Ubisoft delivers- and I do have faith in them- this has the potential to blow all other AC games out of the water.

3. He was born in 1768 and joined the Order in 1789

and we are running out of options for character's motivations to join the Order.. lol

I really hope the next one is part of it just because he agrees with their views. No wonder why the Order seems to be always falling into pieces in each game (besides AC1), everyone seems to use it to fulfil their personal agenda.

cawatrooper9
06-11-2014, 12:17 AM
Good catch, I guess I just assumed that he joined at a younger age. Regardless, his motivations for joining are still original. I mean, there are only so many ways that a person might be inspired to become an assassin, and redemption hasn't really been used yet.

SolidSage
06-11-2014, 01:07 AM
Unity gives me AC1 feels.

Trailer is great, as good as the others which were also great.

To me, less is more. Arno doesn't need all the bling and show, he's a BA, no need to advertise it, you'll know soon enough. Being underestimated is a great advantage.

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-11-2014, 01:20 AM
Let me go a bit deeper, because some of what I said seems to be going over some peoples heads. It's much more deeper than me simply not liking his assassin robe. It's pushing away from what we have become accustomed to. It's pushing away from the little things that make the game stand out.

Perfect example:

The iconic hood
In AC3 there was a bug(or ubisoft just made it this way) after the game was finished that permanently removed the hood. Conner never puts it back on anytime. Fans snapped(including myself) about this and ubisoft fixed(or just changed it) this issue with the quickness. On AC4 fans(including myself) raged again! Almost half the game you are without a hood. The only time you have it on is when you are on a mission or in a red zone. Besides not really continuing the story, this was like one of the biggest gripes about AC4. A lot of fans were saying they felt naked, less bad azz, and didn't feel like an assassin without it. It's like superman without the S on his chest.

This is what I'm saying about what we've seen so far. His assassin outfit breaks the mold and the character just looks really safe/bland, not a bad azz assassin. Like some have pointed out already, the way he moves just seems.............I don't know, lol. I don't get the vibe of a mysterious bad azz assassin walking around that could kill anybody like the previous assassins did. His look just doesn't give off that classic "assassin" look that we've all grown to love and expect. When you see the other assassins at first glance you think "S**T JUST GOT REAL!!!!" You look at this guy you just think "cool, a new assassin". Believe it or not some little things like this are really important. It's like if an assassin came along and didn't have the hidden blades or the traditional outfit.

<-----------------------just look at this pic in the background to really see what I mean. That's all I'm saying.

There's a reason why everybody loves ezio's assassin robe over the others. The outfit matters a lot!!

Perk89
06-11-2014, 01:23 AM
I can't say I'm feeling him, if only for the fact that Ubi's opening description was "the brashest, most charismatic, fiercest, stealthiest assassin yet!"

ah, so everything that's tested well with your consumer base in the past all rolled up into one. Gotcha.

and I'm okay with the duds as long as the style is a one off and they bring back some nicer robes down the line.

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-11-2014, 01:28 AM
I can't say I'm feeling him, if only for the fact that Ubi's opening description was "the brashest, most charismatic, fiercest, stealthiest assassin yet!"

ah, so everything that's tested well with your consumer base in the past all rolled up into one. Gotcha.

and I'm okay with the duds as long as the style is a one off and they bring back some nicer robes down the line.
LOL I cringed when I read that. I really wish these gaming companies will chill a little with the over the top hype. It's like how they did the new video game systems. Making us think that were were about to make the usual leap in power but only got a version 2.0 of the current gen. I agree on they better have better robes than this though SMH. I bet nobody is gonna rock his original robe that they claim to love so much.

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 01:50 AM
i can't take you serious when you spell badass as badazz

makes you look like you're trying to be "gangsta"

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-11-2014, 01:53 AM
i can't take you serious when you spell badass as badazz

makes you look like you're trying to be "gangsta"
LOL I didn't know you could curse on here. I tried it before and was censored.

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Anyway, I don't have an issue with the way Arno looks or how he acts (from what we've seen of his character).

I think he'll be a great character, but I really hope we'll see Connor in this game, he's my favorite Assassin in practically all aspects (outfit design, personality, morals, etc.).

Legendz54
06-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Anyway, I don't have an issue with the way Arno looks or how he acts (from what we've seen of his character).

I think he'll be a great character, but I really hope we'll see Connor in this game, he's my favorite Assassin in practically all aspects (outfit design, personality, morals, etc.).

If Lafayette comes to you for help and intoduce's Arno to his "friend" from America who has come to help and you see Connor with a beard walk up to you i will freak..

I-Like-Pie45
06-11-2014, 02:01 AM
i don't think connor can grow a beard

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm actually hoping that Arno will get reprimanded by the mentor in France or something and will be sent to Connor for training and teaching.

Legendz54
06-11-2014, 02:06 AM
i don't think connor can grow a beard

Everyone can grow a beard.

I-Like-Pie45
06-11-2014, 02:08 AM
he shouldn't

we've had enough bearded/stubbled ****s in this series

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-11-2014, 02:22 AM
@Jexx21

Not just talking to you but

What does "trying to be gangsta" mean? I noticed how some people came in here trying to be funny with their slick little comments. I just ignored them but it's just funny to me when I see people do this. So what If I was spelling it that way, is that a bad thing to do? Does everybody on the net have to post exactly the same? Stuff like that is not "trying to be a gangsta" SMH lol!!!!

Some of y'all need to chill out or experience things outside of your little bubble. Everybody is not the same! I could easily say you and others sound like a bunch of computer nerds who have no female interaction. Just off of how uptight some of you are in this thread about certain things. But I didn't do that now did I? I hate this with a passion when I'm online and somebody who hasn't stepped foot out of their lilly white gated community starts this crap. People who's 1st language is not english or people that use slang(what you call "sounding gangsta") are always the butt of people's jokes. The way you and your small circle speak/post is not absolute.

I didn't want to even take it there, but some of you guys need to seriously get the stick out of your bottoms. I thought we were all online chilling, hanging out, talking about video games. I could understand If what I post is hard to understand but clearly you all do understand with no problem.

This crap seriously needs to stop, this is the WORLD WIDE WEB!! Anyway, back on topic LOL.

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 02:32 AM
i am a computer nerd who is a virgin

i take no insult to that.

and I like the stick in my butt thank you very much

Locopells
06-11-2014, 02:33 AM

Yeah, that thing about them not being able to is a myth.

Kagurra
06-11-2014, 04:20 AM
OP doesn't seem serious, but anyways, I love Arno's design and character, the one they showed in the new E3 stuff. And there's gonna be more to see and like or dislike as far as outfits IIRC, so something to look forward too.

The game, character, and setting all look fantastic. I'm more excited for Unity than I've ever been for an AC before. Finally we have real crowds, and more in-depth systems. Can't wait.

poptartz20
06-11-2014, 08:14 AM
I honestly don't have a problem with the assassin (as of yet) but I do love the setting. :D Then again I might be a little bit of a Francophile. Dx Plus I just have a love for the 1700's it's one of my favorite times in history.

outside of that , real talk. I think people honestly get caught up in there own ideas. of Where they think the Series should be headed and that there isn't enough of this or that that or that's not what an assassin should do or look like we lose sight of the real focus of the game ourselves. When at the end of the day, AC to me, is about how each character deals with and handles the creed when it comes into their lives within their own time period. Yeah, there is a lore to it due to the fact that there is Juno and all of the others from the first Civ along with the PoE. No we aren't going to be happy with every game that comes out, but hey you move on.

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Most woman can't and I see very few kids with beards.

Legendz54
06-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Most woman can't and I see very few kids with beards.

Just inject woman with heaps on testosterone and heaps of 15-17 year olds have beards and just put the younger ones in ageing time machines.

king-hailz
06-11-2014, 02:30 PM
I know exactly what you mean... its the first AC im not hyped for. I feel its gonna be terrible, it already looks terrible to me... idk why... hopefully im wrong...

Megas_Doux
06-11-2014, 03:28 PM
I know exactly what you mean... its the first AC im not hyped for. I feel its gonna be terrible, it already looks terrible to me... idk why... hopefully im wrong...

Why???

No trolling here, I would like to here your opinion. Because to me, this game has A LOT of potential! The crowds, Paris during the French Revolution, new Parkour system, going inside buildings, the whole "a blade in the crowd" feeling again, Amancio saying he wants an assassin to bee hidding in plain sight instead of Rambo, supposedly no more desync during the tailing missions etc etc. Hey even the graphics look better than I expected.

Kakuzu745
06-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Arno looks really nice in my opinion actually...I get that you might think he is too simple but reality is that probably you will start liking the character when you know more about "his personality".

I hope they play the co-op thing right...it might be very risky in my opinion. Seriously, a crappy co-op might ruin the whole immersion thing in the game...for me at least.

Ureh
06-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Arno looks really nice in my opinion actually...I get that you might think he is too simple but reality is that probably you will start liking the character when you know more about "his personality".

I hope they play the co-op thing right...it might be very risky in my opinion. Seriously, a crappy co-op might ruin the whole immersion thing in the game...for me at least.

Yeah can't wait for him to pull down that hood and reveal his winning smile and gossamer brown locks. Imagine his hair flowing free with the wind. Awesome! Pretty sure he'll be a brash, charismatic and likable.

http://drh2.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/ubi/images/screenshots//E3reveal/ONRA428_S_5.jpg

MasterAssasin84
06-11-2014, 10:20 PM

Must be the minority not feeling the setting !! I've been waiting for years for an Assassins Creed in the French Revolution .

ze_topazio
06-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Arno probably has my favorite outfit in the series.

Reptilis91
06-11-2014, 11:35 PM
In any case, we can customize.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2014, 12:06 AM

This !!

Its a completely different approach to the white robes with the red sash !! but still has the markings of an Assassin.

souNdwAve89
06-12-2014, 03:40 AM
New details on Arno

http://youtu.be/RruHHP_WI6g?t=3m19s

Arno was a nobleman born and raised in Versailles. His father was assassinated when he was 8 years old.

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 03:47 AM

What do you expect? He's french.

New details on Arno

Arno was a nobleman born and raised in Versailles. His father was assassinated when he was 8 years old.

His backstory is nearly identical to Haytham's...Hmm...

Only instead of Versailles it's London.

RagingDragon14
06-12-2014, 03:55 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Arno's father was actually a Templar. And Connor appears during the final scene and reassures Arno.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRUvcg4fWYRYM93o3WYKUKz9DjOx6m1 v101l4gFUmBePw6ZiwFV12yyQw

JK.

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 03:58 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Arno's father was actually a Templar. And Connor appears during the final scene and reassures Arno.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRUvcg4fWYRYM93o3WYKUKz9DjOx6m1 v101l4gFUmBePw6ZiwFV12yyQw

JK.

Would be freakin' hilarious if that happened.

And now I fear it might actually happen.

Please.

No.

No more daddy issues pls.

Ubisoft.

Pls.

No.

Stahp.

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 04:04 AM
New details on Arno

Oh! How interesting! I thought or read

that he was adopted!? and when his father is killed/assassinated he felt responsible for what happened so fast forward years later (I assume) He finds the assassins and joins up with their cause for Redemption?

Then again there is so much random info out there who knows.

souNdwAve89
06-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Oh! How interesting! I thought or read

that he was adopted!? and when his father is killed/assassinated he felt responsible for what happened so fast forward years later (I assume) He finds the assassins and joins up with their cause for Redemption?

Then again there is so much random info out there who knows.

The adoption part is probably still correct, and maybe Vincent forgot to mention it when he was explaining the character.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 04:20 AM
Connor kills arno's father who was a templar!!

poptartz20
06-12-2014, 04:21 AM
@ Soundwave Ahh! that is possible too! Either way it has me pretty curious!

souNdwAve89
06-12-2014, 04:30 AM
^^^^^^^^

The problem is that since Arno is born in 1768, and his father died when he was 8 years old, which means it happened in 1776. That will be far fetched since Connor was busy during that time.

http://youtu.be/9mKot7Sy9Qo?t=4m59s

Arno's father is French and his mother is Austrian.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 04:47 AM
^^^^^^^^

The problem is that since Arno is born in 1768, and his father died when he was 8 years old, which means it happened in 1776. That will be far fetched since Connor was busy during that time.

Hmmm yes true.. maybe he kills his adoptive father instead? Probably not..

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 05:04 AM
I hope Arno is tickelish.

We need a better representation of tickelish people.

It's sheer discrimination and I won't stand for it.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 05:06 AM
I hope Arno is tickelish.

We need a better representation of tickelish people.

It's sheer discrimination and I won't stand for it.

Tickling is so corny and cringeworthy on tv... Just bury the idea of it.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-12-2014, 05:21 AM
New details on Arno

I'm sorry but lol. Maybe it will be good and very well executed, the writer worked on some amazingly written games, but this series has done this theme to death and I hope it's the last time we deal with 'daddy issues'.

pirate1802
06-12-2014, 12:08 PM
yea bro, I'm like totally bummed by this crapass costume. An assassin's costume should have some shizzle and some nizzle, know what I mean? Like Ezio in Brotherhood..... man. you can see from a mile ahead that yo! there comes a badass assassin. All of italy prolly stood up in attention when he came out of his hideout. Compare to this sorryass dude's rags. You can't tell him out from a group of beggars its so bad dude. What good is that for? I swear whoever designed these rags was totally tripping on weed.

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 12:11 PM
yea bro, I'm like totally bummed by this crapass costume. An assassin's costume should have some shizzle and some nizzle, know what I mean? Like Ezio in Brotherhood..... man. you can see from a mile ahead that yo! there comes a badass assassin. All of italy prolly stood up in attention when he came out of his hideout. Compare to this sorryass dude's rags. You can't tell him out from a group of beggars its so bad dude. What good is that for? I swear whoever designed these rags was totally tripping on weed.

You 4got da bizzle ma nig

roostersrule2
06-12-2014, 12:12 PM
I love the setting.

Haven't warmed up to Arno, his voice seems really similar to Edwards and his comments on things during gameplay sorta felt out of place.

The costume from the back is kinda plain, he should have a jetpack or two, to ya know like red bull give him wings.

pirate1802
06-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Oh hey, those familiar faces. :D

Hans684
06-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Edit: Never mind.

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 04:45 PM
A person can be French without there parents being French.

Megas_Doux
06-12-2014, 04:49 PM
I grew weary about this whole %$@(?&$%$%% issues with language/race/country/gender EVERYWHERE in these forums.
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mundosimpson.com.ar/imagenes/technical/1f03.jpg

pirate1802
06-12-2014, 04:50 PM
I grew weary about this whole %$@(?&$%$%% issues with language/race/country/gender EVERYWHERE in these forums.
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason this made me laugh. :D

Hans684
06-12-2014, 05:01 PM

http://www.mundosimpson.com.ar/imagenes/technical/1f03.jpg

Well I'm just curious who is original father is, if it is a previous side character we know of or not. Just speculating and it's not an issue at all, don't care about language/race/country/gender. Your just overrating and tired.

Consider you have technical difficulties I'm just going to stand by for now.

I-Like-Pie45
06-12-2014, 05:02 PM
PROBABLY A JEW

IT MAKES SENSE

l, RC

Megas_Doux
06-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Well I'm just curious who is original father is, if it is a previous side character we know of or not. Just speculating and it's not an issue at all, don't care about language/race/country/gender. Your just overrating and tired.

It was more of a joke than something else and it was NOT directed at you! However, these threads about racism and misogyny, when I think Ubi has show NONE, are getting old. Instead of talking about the game, everybody is discussing race, gender, language, accent etc etc etc..........

In terms of his name, Arno is the german version of Arnaud, and there is some sort of Dorian family, and they come from Burgundy, a region in France.....

adventurewomen
06-12-2014, 06:09 PM
^^^^^^^^

Sounds like what happened to Edward since he was also killed the same way..

Connor was born in 1756, he's 19 years older than Arno

Megas_Doux
06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Sounds like what happened to Edward since he was also killed the same way..

Connor was born in 1756, he's 19 years older than Arno

12 years old, Arno was born in 1768.

SolidSage
06-14-2014, 12:39 AM
Let me go a bit deeper, because some of what I said seems to be going over some peoples heads. It's much more deeper than me simply not liking his assassin robe. It's pushing away from what we have become accustomed to. It's pushing away from the little things that make the game stand out.

Perfect example:

The iconic hood
In AC3 there was a bug(or ubisoft just made it this way) after the game was finished that permanently removed the hood. Conner never puts it back on anytime. Fans snapped(including myself) about this and ubisoft fixed(or just changed it) this issue with the quickness. On AC4 fans(including myself) raged again! Almost half the game you are without a hood. The only time you have it on is when you are on a mission or in a red zone. Besides not really continuing the story, this was like one of the biggest gripes about AC4. A lot of fans were saying they felt naked, less bad azz, and didn't feel like an assassin without it. It's like superman without the S on his chest.

This is what I'm saying about what we've seen so far. His assassin outfit breaks the mold and the character just looks really safe/bland, not a bad azz assassin. Like some have pointed out already, the way he moves just seems.............I don't know, lol. I don't get the vibe of a mysterious bad azz assassin walking around that could kill anybody like the previous assassins did. His look just doesn't give off that classic "assassin" look that we've all grown to love and expect. When you see the other assassins at first glance you think "S**T JUST GOT REAL!!!!" You look at this guy you just think "cool, a new assassin". Believe it or not some little things like this are really important. It's like if an assassin came along and didn't have the hidden blades or the traditional outfit.

<-----------------------just look at this pic in the background to really see what I mean. That's all I'm saying.

There's a reason why everybody loves ezio's assassin robe over the others. The outfit matters a lot!!
Yes but if you go back to the start with AC1 you'll notice that Arno's robes are very in keeping with the original order. Simple and light, hood to conceal identity, then colored to blend it with local inhabitants. In AC1's case, Monks. All the armor came later with Ezio's setting.

The plain blue robe is harkenin back to AC's iconic roots. It's not going over my head, I just remember the beginnings because I was there. BLEND, social stealth.

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 01:26 AM
I ****ing love Arno's robes. They've got some extreme Altair vibes from the shape of the hood and all.

Arno also reminds me of Altair a ton, he's got the same physical build and obviously seems to be more inclined to stealth like Altair.

He seems pretty badass to me, especially when he goes up to that one guy in the trailer and turns off his little fire thing before he lights all that gun powder, then just walks off with a smirk.

pirate1802
06-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Yes yes, people understand you just fine. It's not like we over here didn't dissect Edward's lack of beak to infinity and beyond right? The way you keep repeating bad azz is the core of the problem. Assassins were never supposed to be BAD AZZZ. He was a hidden figure in AC1. Then came AC2 and kids these days want to play bad azzzzzzzzzzzzz guy with shiny dress and badazzzzzzzzzz armament.

The fact that you compared this to Superman's S totally destroys your position. Superman isn't supposed to hide in plain sight, assassins are. Superman isn't obliged to hide from people, assassins are. Superman doesn't use stealth, assassins do. Period.

And I agree with others. It reminds me a lot of Altair's robes, slim build, nonflashy outfit etcetera.

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 07:21 AM
Yes yes, people understand you just fine. It's not like we over here didn't dissect Edward's lack of beak to infinity and beyond right? The way you keep repeating bad azz is the core of the problem. Assassins were never supposed to be BAD AZZZ. He was a hidden figure in AC1. Then came AC2 and kids these days want to play bad azzzzzzzzzzzzz guy with shiny dress and badazzzzzzzzzz armament.

The fact that you compared this to Superman's S totally destroys your position. Superman isn't supposed to hide in plain sight, assassins are. Superman isn't obliged to hide from people, assassins are. Superman doesn't use stealth, assassins do. Period.

And I agree with others. It reminds me a lot of Altair's robes, slim build, nonflashy outfit etcetera.

I personally felt Altair is the most badass, it's more badass to kill and slip away rather than take out an army.

Don't get me wrong I love Ezio to death and I enjoyed taking out armies for a little bit but social stealth was always more fun, it just got less and less accessible as the games progressed.

Jexx21
06-14-2014, 07:34 AM
i take out armies as altair all the time.

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 07:49 AM
i take out armies as altair all the time.

You're talking to a no life mother ****er who wiped out the entire camp near Acre with the hidden blade without taking any damage.

I still preferred stealth though ;P it felt more Altairish

Jexx21
06-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Oh I do stealth for assassinations but Altair is still a "kill all people who are attacking me even if they're running away" guy to me outside of the Assassination missions.

roostersrule2
06-14-2014, 07:58 AM
Oh I do stealth for assassinations but Altair is still a "kill all people who are attacking me even if they're running away" guy to me outside of the Assassination missions.Agreed, the way he killed those informants was ice cold.

Jexx21
06-14-2014, 08:01 AM
I still don't understand how that complies with the creed.

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 08:03 AM
Oh I do stealth for assassinations but Altair is still a "kill all people who are attacking me even if they're running away" guy to me outside of the Assassination missions.

i always used stealth when possible, like when you have to kill Talal, I jump on the rooftops, throw a knife at the guard across at the other building, jump over to it and use the pole to enter the area undetected.

Agreed, the way he killed those informants was ice cold.

It was necessary, he couldn't have them blabbing to their Templar leaders.

It's actually one thing I hated about Connor, he was too damn soft to be an assassin in some cases while his father Haytham is extremely similar to Altair, he ensures there are no loose ends. Connor was inconsistent, butchering guards without qualms one minute and berating his father for doing the same the next.

Dome500
06-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Yes but if you go back to the start with AC1 you'll notice that Arno's robes are very in keeping with the original order. Simple and light, hood to conceal identity, then colored to blend it with local inhabitants. In AC1's case, Monks. All the armor came later with Ezio's setting.

The plain blue robe is harkenin back to AC's iconic roots. It's not going over my head, I just remember the beginnings because I was there. BLEND, social stealth.

I have to agree with him an all who are digging the new Robes.

Sorry but, nobody was as badass as Altair "the blade in the Crowd" Ibn-La'Ahad. Subtle, deadly. You never see it coming.

What you want @OP is the classic brute badass killing-everything-standing Assassin a la Ezio (AC2) or Edward.
What I want and LOVE is the subtle silent badass Assassin a la Altair.

Agreed, the way he killed those informants was ice cold.

That's how he was. Loayal to the Creed, Cold like a stone. Though you know he had his doubts in the story.

I still don't understand how that complies with the creed.

Simple, there are 2 tenets of the Creed dictating such an action:

- Do not compromise the Brotherhood (informant knows about Altair, can warn Templars, can cause harm)
- Stay your blade from the flesh of innocents. (informants are associated with the Templars, so he is not innocent in most of the cases)

Al Mualmi taught him that there are 3 types of people: The enemies/Templars, the innocents, and those who are blinded by illusion, fear or faith so much that you can not save them anymore.

According to all Altair learned up to this point he acted 100% right.

Dome500
06-14-2014, 08:02 PM
It's actually one thing I hated about Connor, he was too damn soft to be an assassin in some cases while his father Haytham is extremely similar to Altair, he ensures there are no loose ends. Connor was inconsistent, butchering guards without qualms one minute and berating his father for doing the same the next.

And at the same time he was killing Templars (except of his father) without a second thought :D

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Seeing the cinematic trailer again and again, I'm kinda in love with the 'white' Arno. I mean look at him

http://i.imgur.com/pv88hh2.png

That's total Altair. Same build, sameish no-frills coat/robe, same red sash. That's classic assassin outfit right there. If I still see anyone complaining the dress is not BADAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz enough I'm gonna lock him up in a room and force him to play AC1 again and again until he gets the point.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:16 PM
And at the same time he was killing Templars (except of his father) without a second thought :D

There's far more to an assassin then simply not hesitating to kill an enemy.

One of Ezio's recruits didn't hesitate to kill enemies either and we saw what happened then, he killed an innocent due to haste. That's in ACR.

Seeing the cinematic trailer again and again, I'm kinda in love with the 'white' Arno. I mean look at him

http://i.imgur.com/pv88hh2.png

That's total Altair. Same build, sameish no-frills coat/robe, same red sash. That's classic assassin outfit right there. If I still see anyone complaining the dress is not BADAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz enough I'm gonna lock him up in a room and force him to play AC1 again and again until he gets the point.

I really love the blue robe which gives a new color while keeping the traditional look. That's pretty sweet though, I imagine I'll try it sometime and see how I feel about it.

Dome500
06-17-2014, 07:16 PM
There's far more to an assassin then simply not hesitating to kill an enemy.

One of Ezio's recruits didn't hesitate to kill enemies either and we saw what happened then, he killed an innocent due to haste. That's in ACR.

Actually my post was rather a point of criticism and not of praise....

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Actually my post was rather a point of criticism and not of praise....

I see now. Just in case!