PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft® sets launch of the crew for november 11

MCMonobrow
10-16-2013, 03:15 PM
As was announced yesterday, the target for the launch of The Crew has been shifted to a little later in 2014.

This decision means our team has more time to develop this massive open-world driving game and bring you an even better experience.

We’d like to thank you all again for your support, stay tuned for all the latest!

The Crew Team

hakeryk2
10-16-2013, 06:30 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sad-crying-cat.gif

asmolnyi
10-17-2013, 08:53 AM
I hope it means the Crew will get good physics, less arcade aspects, not blured rear mirrors and cockpit view will get adjustable camera.

NevatAfriat
10-17-2013, 12:12 PM
do what asmolnyi say ! its will make the game perfect and plz add NISSAN GTR (R35)

ArcAnjil
11-04-2013, 08:48 PM
A rearview mirror ala RACE 07 would be nice, along with real working turn signals for follow-the-leader type cruises/chases.

Soelus
11-05-2013, 04:58 AM
I would like to remind of you of 2 words. Auto Assault. The idea was great but it failed hard. I have no problem you delaying the game as long as the game we get doesn't fail as hard as AA did. In a world where MMO's are a dime a dozen, the novelty of the a driving MMO will wear off quick, if the game doesn't have sound game mechanics & support behind it.

zerosiddeeq7
11-05-2013, 05:10 AM
Agree! please we beg you to make the game physics less arcady in the car handling department. As we we know, You guys have made deep tuning for each car available, we need to actually feel that the tuning makes our cars different just like we feel behind a real car. As car enthusiasts we love to be challenged by our own car and have the ability to tame or control it while no one else can when they drive your car.
plus, i just hope you guys at ubisoft let us change our car speed o meter guages. the one in the demo u provided just seemed off as every car would have the samething. for example if im driving a corvette, i want to see a corvette guage. =P
i wont even mind having gas stations. that would give the game a real "feel". I understand the game is delayed and u guys have more time on your hands,
I hope you guys recognize your most dedicated fans suggestions and take them into consideration to make this game a perfect escape =)

I hope you see this =P

ArcAnjil
11-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Yes!

Less arcady and more real life. Make sure the cars handle differently like they really do.

Add TC, ABS, etc. for those just starting out or who need it (due to controller issues, infirmities, etc.). Just don't advertise the fact that they are using them. Like HC mode in TDU, you would end up with two separate groups who don't like each other.

I didn't care for HC mode in TDU, but I never cared if who I was cruising with was using it, but many times someone would approach me, see I'm not using HC, make a snide comment and take off.

asmolnyi
11-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Agree! please we beg you to make the game physics less arcady in the car handling department.

the one in the demo u provided just seemed off as every car would have the samething. for example if im driving a corvette, i want to see a corvette guage. =P

i wont even mind having gas stations. that would give the game a real "feel".

This ^^^ is +3!
Completely AGREE.

NightRunner8K
11-15-2013, 12:25 PM
No matter how we wait for this game, what matters is to be a good game, without bugs or other problems.

Gargie396
11-21-2013, 04:35 AM
personally im glad its delayed Id rather have them take their time with the game rather then churning out some half finished piece of junk that doesn't live up to the hype,you all take as much time as you all need i say.

i wont even mind having gas stations. that would give the game a real "feel".
I 4th that idea.:cool:

Mochcin
11-21-2013, 02:23 PM
personally im glad its delayed Id rather have them take their time with the game rather then churning out some half finished piece of junk that doesn't live up to the hype,you all take as much time as you all need i say.

Exactly. Now they have time to fix or add something... like more cars. If rumor about 40 cars that will be in game was real that's definitely good that they delayed it

Cmvandy
03-17-2014, 05:24 AM
No refuels that is what ruined mobile racing games is gas you can play 10 races max then you gotta wait 2 hours to go race again or you can spend $10 and go race 10 more times

Gargie396
03-17-2014, 08:48 PM
The crew is NOT a free to play /Pay to win game.

Cmvandy
03-24-2014, 05:32 AM
I know it's not a mobile game but I personally think refueling is a terrible idea on a video game you don't want to be trying to go from one side of the map to the other and then oops your out of gas

asmolnyi
03-25-2014, 06:45 AM
and then oops your out of gas

Are you serious? You must be kidding. You drive and suddenly run out of gas? :D You havn't seen the gauge..and you also didn't check it to prevent the such situation.. Don't be funny man ;)

Fuel cunsumption is one of the best features that would make this game only better and best, IMO.

Psycho_Yuri
03-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Are you serious? You must be kidding. You drive and suddenly run out of gas? :D You havn't seen the gauge..and you also didn't check it to prevent the such situation.. Don't be funny man ;)

Fuel cunsumption is one of the best features that would make this game only better and best, IMO.

Yes fuel consumption adds a lot of immersion I think. And there are simple solutions for that moment that you run out of gas.
1: A tow truck will tow you to the quickest gas station for a price
2: A friend passes by to hand over a little gas so you can drive to a nearby gas station.
3: This idea came when I wrote Idea 1, A friend can tow you to a gas station with his big vehicle that must be modified to do it! :)

You can make fun big races where you have to refuel to complete the race. There are more gas stations around the route you are racing and you must choose tactically when to refuel and where.

Or a big race where you cooperate with 1 other friend. You start towed on each other and you must choose a moment to switch position from tower to towed vehicle when the 1st vehicle runs out of gas so the 2th vehicle can take over the driving. Be aware that if you drive not carefully you will swing the towed car to the left and right that can lead to very dangerous situations and maybe even let it roll over and unhook or get stuck somewere so you need to be skilled to drive perfect without swinging to different directions you dont want to go :D

AliHaider145
03-26-2014, 10:01 AM
I think we should not wait for this game anymore, because when it will release we can see and play it!

Cmvandy
03-26-2014, 04:13 PM
I think that refueling should be an option because I personally don't like that added realism because let's say your driving you run out of gas the nearest station is let's say 100 miles and you just bought a car upgrade and don't have the money for the tow well then what do you do

Barrybarfly
03-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Booo to the dealy!

YAY to the delay!

Like Watch Dogs the delay makes me sad I have to wait longer, but I would much rather wait for a fully polished version of the game that is as close to the developers dream as possible. That will always beat a game that is compromised purely to meet a release date! :D

vDarkZero
03-28-2014, 02:25 PM
A delay can only have good things come of it. Gives the developers a chance to tweak the game and modify it.

SoberYeltsin92
04-02-2014, 02:09 PM
I tweeted Julian Gerighty (Creative Director on the Crew) again yesterday asking whether there'll be any news soon - his reply "Hey Alex - just finished a press tour. Should be plenty of news very soon! Thanks for your patience!" - https://twitter.com/alexjwhitaker/status/450971011023122432

Sounds promising. At least it's not just the dreaded "soon", finishing a press tour should mean there's something new to come.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-10-2014, 01:08 AM
— Today, at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Ubisoft® announced that The Crew™ will be available on November 11, for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC.

The Crew is a revolutionary action-driving MMO that takes gamers on a wild ride throughout a massive open world recreation of the United States, brimming with exciting challenges and populated by other real players.

During the Ubisoft press conference at E3, Creative Director Julian Gerighty put focus on the dynamic community of players eagerly anticipating the game. He revealed that they will have the opportunity to take part in the late stages of the game’s development starting July 23. A limited number of players will be able to join the development team to play in a PC closed beta version of The Crew and provide feedback on their experience. Further details on upcoming beta stages will be communicated at a later date.

Recently some players have had a chance to play The Crew at selected gaming centers in Copenhagen, Dubai, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Montreal and Sao Paulo. Players were invited to form their crews in order to take part in the Explore and Customize contest. They experienced and praised the huge scope of the game and the RPG mechanics behind the customization of the cars.

For more information on The Crew, please visit thecrewgame.com.
For the latest on all of Ubisoft’s games, visit the UbiBlog: http://www.ubiblog.com.

AngryNeox
06-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Hey we have a beta in one month!
I hope I'm in.
Waiting until november 11 would be just too long.

NightRunner8K
06-10-2014, 10:59 AM
I wish I could test this game in Closed Beta PC, I look forward to this game, will be the best game with cars.

Thaddeus201
06-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Man my birthday is on November 8th.Ahh ****.But i will buy it!:rolleyes:

Ryzza5
06-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Can't wait to give you guys awesome feedback. ;)

Teethgaps
07-08-2014, 01:14 PM
:mad: been waiting ages for a decent racing game even traded in my other ps4 games to get this!!! and now its not till november!!!!!!!!!!!! FML

KamiDolphin
07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Hey if theres a delay, then we kill a person everyday.

KostasViper
07-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Only 2 weeks till beta now... can hardly wait! ;)

KamiDolphin
07-09-2014, 02:53 PM
2 weeks until I kill everyone.... MUAHAHA!

SpeedFalcon00
09-29-2014, 06:42 AM
Sorry we have immunity here and cannot be killed. :)

LocsterByteMe
10-06-2014, 08:30 PM
I do not mind the delay, would rather it be worked out before release than waiting for a patch. But what I do mind is the beta for consoles and not PC. I mean, really? I'm not one that likes to be slapped in the face and then laughed at.

RFSQ.Dryminator
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM
A delay eh. Well I guess it is for the good.
I bought Logitech G27 mostly for this game, for cruising around and doin' some races. However as people complained, the cockpit racing with G27 was not what they expected.
So please try to make the game as good as possible, for everyone, not just those who prefer keyboard for driving (I had almost no issues with my keyboard).

Also fix that max level graphics bug, which causes huge load on GPU. It was not optimized last closed beta.

BR,
Drym

xxgermankid44xx
10-06-2014, 10:03 PM
As was announced yesterday, the target for the launch of The Crew has been shifted to a little later in 2014.

This decision means our team has more time to develop this massive open-world driving game and bring you an even better experience.

We’d like to thank you all again for your support, stay tuned for all the latest!

The Crew Team

Yes I understand why you delayed the release date of the game, but do you guys think you could maybe "enhance" the next console beta? maybe unlock all the car dealers once we reach level 20 (hint hint).:confused:

fastfan94
10-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Hopefully, the second closed console beta is for the Xbox 360. I can't afford any next-gen consoles right now. Also, my PC laptop couldn't handle the last 2 PC betas, so I hope this comes true.

J3yD_02
10-07-2014, 09:27 PM
sorry but, the release has moved to December 2.

xb0x1sux
10-07-2014, 10:01 PM
How did i know you FALSE ADVERTISING pieces of **** were lying about the release date.. Its not like delaying the game will make it any better. It should have been released last christmas. Now a year later and the game is no better but keeps getting pushed back so we think it will be good when it comes out. But it wont. the game sucks from the ground up.

Seshins
10-07-2014, 11:40 PM
I must admit while i can understand the delay, it is pretty disappointing. Particularly for those of us who have pre-ordered the Gold edition. (im on PC).

Lava1400
10-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Yes!

Less arcady and more real life. Make sure the cars handle differently like they really do.

Add TC, ABS, etc. for those just starting out or who need it (due to controller issues, infirmities, etc.). Just don't advertise the fact that they are using them. Like HC mode in TDU, you would end up with two separate groups who don't like each other.

I didn't care for HC mode in TDU, but I never cared if who I was cruising with was using it, but many times someone would approach me, see I'm not using HC, make a snide comment and take off.

Agreed however pursuits need to be like MW 2005 that was epic and it was one of the best selling NFS however it was quite arcady but hey pursuits are fun:D

j_hova08618
10-08-2014, 05:56 PM

The Crew Team

yeeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this means The Crew is going to be even better than the beta:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: BEST CAR GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!! I love the fact that it is fully online, the open world map is the United States instead of just 1 city, the selection of cars was made by someone with great taste , the graphics and scenery, the driving mechanics are superb, the wide variety of things to do, the u.i. fir the customization.even the game menus are nice, the story mode is intriguing and so much more. I even enjoyed the little details such as re-spawning where i left off at. real life police cars, being able to change cars using the Smart smart phone menu;) fast travel, buses and planes, a co-op story mode and so much more..... HATS-OFF TO UBISOFT FOR MAKING GREAT GAMES AND EVERYONE THAT PUT FORTH SO MUCH HARD WORK AND DEDICATION INTO MAKING THE CREW ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER GAME FROM UBISOFT THAT SHOWS IT OFF THANK YA'LL VERY MUCH FOR BRINGING US THE CREW

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Glad to hear j_hova08618 :) and thank you for the kind words.

FirExBolT
10-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Hello,
let me understand it simple .... is the crew will released in 11/11 or in 12/2 ??!
of course big thanks for ubi teamwork and we proud of it !...
BTW thanks for the new quick replay option :o:o:o

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-08-2014, 09:03 PM
2nd December, this is an old thread.

In fact I will close this to avoid confusion.