PDA

View Full Version : What were you thinking, Ubisoft?

el_asd
06-09-2014, 08:27 PM
what was you thinking ubisoft when you decided to make AC unity only on pc , ps4 , xbox one and what happened to people who still have ps3 and xbox 360 are kidding ????:mad::mad:

Layytez
06-09-2014, 08:30 PM
They haven't forgotten about last gen apparently yet they haven't announced anything. Wait till Ubisofts conference to see what happens.

mgg93
06-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Oh you poor soul.

lothario-da-be
06-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Buy next gen...

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Just wait until Ubisofts Media Briefing. Check the E3 thread.

TBH, SO GLAD this wasn't made for the PS3 and 360. No more holding back, Ubisoft are doing the smart thing being one of the few next gen only games.

Avantiic
06-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Unity wouldnt be possible like this on xbox 360/ps3..

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Le boohoo, no Unity for you.

EmptyCrustacean
06-09-2014, 08:42 PM
When is that?

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 08:43 PM
When is that?

Try that massive E3 thread.

EmptyCrustacean
06-09-2014, 08:43 PM
They haven't forgotten about last gen apparently yet they haven't announced anything. Wait till Ubisofts conference to see what happens.

When is that?

souNdwAve89
06-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Uh... More of this. As gamers, we should be glad that developers are moving on and taking the full capabilities of the PS4 and Xbox One. If anything, games like Batman Arkham Knight and AC Unity are just more of an incentive to invest in a new console. I understand that money can be tight for people, but start saving up little by little. It's honestly not that hard. This is just an assumption, but I think people are just lazy to work and are still stuck in the past.

Layytez
06-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Uh... More of this. As gamers, we should be glad that developers are moving on and taking the full capabilities of the PS4 and Xbox One. If anything, games like Batman Arkham Knight and AC Unity are just more of an incentive to invest in a new console. I understand that money can be tight for people, but start saving up little by little. It's honestly not that hard. This is just an assumption, but I think people are just lazy to work and are still stuck in the past.

Or simply can't find work.

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Arno is not a tanned white man.

GunnerGalactico
06-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Deja Vu :p

souNdwAve89
06-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Or simply can't find work.

True.

poptartz20
06-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Just wait until Ubisofts Media Briefing. Check the E3 thread.

TBH, SO GLAD this wasn't made for the PS3 and 360. No more holding back, Ubisoft are doing the smart thing being one of the few next gen only games.

I couldn't agree more on this. I don't think it will suffer with dropped frame rates as much either. I'm looking forward to seeing more as well. I'm curious about comet.

I'm hating that I have to go to work for part of ubi's and I'll miss Sony's conference. oh well.. i'll catch up later.

RinoTheBouncer
06-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Because itís about time to move on and create a true next ten experience. They will create a PS3/XBOX 360 game with it and itís rumored to be called ďCometĒ. Nothing is concrete about itís nature but rumors vary from being set in Ancient Rome, to being set in the Caribbean or playing as a Templar.

poptartz20
06-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Hopefully they will give us some insight on "Comet" today. Or if it even exist.

It would be hilarious if Comet was just the 360/PS3 version of Unity.

GunnerGalactico
06-09-2014, 09:48 PM

Well according to Pac, Ubi confirmed that they were gonna release another AC game for previous-gen consoles. And yeah... it would be hilarious if Comet was 360/PS3 version of Unity.

RinoTheBouncer
06-09-2014, 09:50 PM

I doubt that, because they wouldn’t market ACUnity as a next gen game and later reveal a reductive version of it for past-gen. You know, you just made me worried so much!
Ubisoft will probably make a new one and both games will be ACV, together to make ACUnity fans wanna play Comet and Comet fans go and play Unity and that’s double the profits they make each year.

Gladiaattori1500
06-09-2014, 09:57 PM
*were

And comet will most likely be on current gen

poptartz20
06-09-2014, 10:02 PM
I doubt that, because they wouldnít market ACUnity as a next gen game and later reveal a reductive version of it for past-gen. You know, you just made me worried so much!
Ubisoft will probably make a new one and both games will be ACV, together to make ACUnity fans wanna play Comet and Comet fans go and play Unity and thatís double the profits they make each year.

Haha! Sorry I didn't mean to make you worry Rhino! :D

But yeah I could also see that as well! Well, only 1 hour left until we find out.. so hopefully we get answers!

Hans684
06-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Can we play the co-op missions alone too or just co-op?

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 10:06 PM
I hope there is no Co-OP gated content.

souNdwAve89
06-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Can we play the co-op missions alone too or just co-op?

I am sure players will have an option for both. It is a bad idea to force co-op on players.

Wolfmeister1010
06-09-2014, 10:39 PM
WHAT WAS You THINKING??

I'm gonna use that.

Is it bad if I enjoy watching the last gen fools get angry because they can't hold back the industry anymore?

MasterAssasin84
06-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Ive heard people have moved on for Las Generation

ze_topazio
06-09-2014, 11:16 PM
what was you thinking ubisoft when you decided to make AC unity only on pc , ps4 , xbox one and what happened to people who still have ps3 and xbox 360 are kidding ????:mad::mad:

Well, they're ****ed.

frodrigues55
06-09-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm going to be pleasently suprised if Ubi announces Comet (or its equivalent) during today's conference. Apart from the rumors, they had no leak so far so It is trully an all new thing to look foward to.

Will_Lucky
06-09-2014, 11:42 PM

Your 8 year hardware is irrelevant that is the problem, no point holding back the people who have invested in the future for the sake of giving those behind a copy.

RzaRecta357
06-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Your 8 year hardware is irrelevant that is the problem, no point holding back the people who have invested in the future for the sake of giving those behind a copy.

This

BlakJakXXI
06-09-2014, 11:51 PM
They were likely thinking that making the game only for X1, PS4, and PC would help spare them from the restraints of the previous-gen consoles. That seems rather obvious if you ask me.

joose_2
06-10-2014, 01:31 AM
Disregarding the fact that they are releasing Comet for last gen, why the hell would we buy current gen consoles if they're going to be running games with last gen technology?

adventurewomen
06-10-2014, 01:36 AM
We still have Comet for 360 and PS3 :)

Dome500
06-10-2014, 04:04 AM

Well, I guess they were thinking "wake up and get a new console". I mean seriously man, the new consoles are out 1 year now. I don't say everyone has to have a new one (I myself am a PC player) but 1 year after release of the new platforms you should expect some games being developed for next gen only, because the possibilities for the games are just way bigger that way.

Also, AC:Comet will probably revealed later and be either for old-gen only or cross-gen so calm down.

Disregarding the fact that they are releasing Comet for last gen, why the hell would we buy current gen consoles if they're going to be running games with last gen technology?

The AnvilNext engine was mainly developed for next gen.
IMO we haven't seen the true potential of that engine in AC3 or AC4, only now with the new gameplay of ACU.

killzab
06-10-2014, 08:22 AM
We still have Comet for 360 and PS3 :)

We don't know that yet, I might be a false rumor

Farlander1991
06-10-2014, 08:26 AM

They were thinking of having HUGE crowds in the game (that have normal AI).
They were thinking of recreating Paris in a close to 1:1 scale.
They were thinking of having a co-op mode in that Paris.
And they were thinking many other things that are just plain impossible to do on 8-9 year old hardware on the scale Ubisoft wants to do.

doggnuttz13
06-10-2014, 09:31 PM
:mad:
You are only making AC:Unity for next gen consoles?? How dare you? what of us peasants that cannot afford to shell out $500 for a new system and game; those of us that have been loyal from the start?This is the type of thing that caused the French Revolution and now history is repeating itself digitally.
So what do you have to say for yourselves?

watchdog1964
06-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Hi Guys,

I watched the E3 video releases of Unity with my mouth open, literally drooling in anticipation, eager little bunny that I am I rushed off to the pre-order screen and was left in shock. is it really only going to be PS4 released? or have the shops just not got their act er United yet? will my lovely lil PS3 be neglected from now onwards by Devs worldwide?

Sadly being an injured out of work old fart It will take me forever and a day to save up for a PS4 and thats only if HM Govts snatch squads dont find out I spent my meagre Benefits on a games console!

Please, please say it will be on PS3 too? :P

jayjay275
06-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Nope.
I don't mean to be rude, but it is fortunate that it is current gen only.

poptartz20
06-11-2014, 04:58 PM
yeah sorry WD64 , Current Gen only! :D

save up for one now! :D or just wait a couple of years for a price drop and grab one then! the game should also be cheaper by then too!

I hope you will be able to play the game sooner than later! Good Luck!

Sushiglutton
06-11-2014, 05:00 PM
It's becasue it's a new-gen exclusive that it is so drool worthy ;). Strong rumour that another AC game will be released on Ps3 this fall code named Comet. Keep your eyes out for that one :)!

Kagurra
06-11-2014, 05:52 PM
You didn't know this already?

Sushiglutton is right. Finally a new game won't be held back by last-gen. So yeah, Comet is for you I guess. Won't be drool worthy tho.

pacmanate
06-11-2014, 05:54 PM
SOOSHI

I am glad it is current gen only. The PS3 and 360 suck major butt

Hidd3nBeatz
06-12-2014, 07:16 PM
I presume that you have all seen the new Assassin's Creed Unity trailer and personally i think that it looks amazing, the graphics, the co-op, the story line, etc......

I was really exited to pre-order Assassin's Creed Unity for my Xbox 360 but i later found out that its only available for Xbox One and PS4. I know that some people are just going to say " BUY AN XBOX ONE OR A PS4 THENNN!", well not everyone wants to buy an Xbox One or a PS4 at the moment so releasing Assassin's Creed Unity on Xbox 360 or PS3 would be a very wise decision.

Does anyone feel this way?

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Oh God. Where is Josh.

Someone hold me back.

m4r-k7
You don't understand. It would be impossible to put Unity on last gen. The density of the crowds, the 1:1 scale of Paris and the overall visuals could not be possible on last-gen. Thats why it isn't on it.

Jexx21
Why do some people think that the game will be just as good on a platform that isn't as advanced technologically?

Assassin's Creed Unity wouldn't look near as good graphically on Xbox 360 as it does on the Xbox One, PS4, and definitely not a high-end PC.

Oh God. Where is Josh.

Someone hold me back.
hello my name is Josh

m4r-k7
06-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Oh God. Where is Josh.

Someone hold me back.

Don't do it!! Contain your anger!! You must!!

Xstantin
06-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Some people were angry with Watch_Dogs missing features on PS360. I guess releasing "lacking" Unity would be even worse. Everybody deserves the same experience and all that. "Why do they have that awesome parkour move/face/clothing animation/1:1 scale and I don't."

souNdwAve89
06-12-2014, 09:26 PM
I presume that you have all seen the new Assassin's Creed Unity trailer and personally i think that it looks amazing, the graphics, the co-op, the story line, etc......

I was really exited to pre-order Assassin's Creed Unity for my Xbox 360 but i later found out that its only available for Xbox One and PS4. I know that some people are just going to say " BUY AN XBOX ONE OR A PS4 THENNN!", well not everyone wants to buy an Xbox One or a PS4 at the moment so releasing Assassin's Creed Unity on Xbox 360 or PS3 would be a very wise decision.

No, so you're saying that AC Unity is not enough to warrant a PS4 or Xbox One purchase? What about other games that is only on the PS4 and Xbox One that are coming out? Like Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, The Division, etc. This is what happens when the new consoles are out. Developers have to move on because the PS3 and Xbox 360 are holding them back. Many developers have used the old consoles to the max already. Yes, it sucks that people who can't afford the new consoles won't be able to play, but is it fair to those that invested in a PS4 and Xbox One? I don't think so. If developers are held back just because people don't want to buy the new consoles, then there really isn't a point to buy the new consoles in the first place since games continue to be cross platforms, therefore innovation and design will be very limited.

I don't believe Ubisoft ever gave a clear reason to why Watch_Dogs was delayed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was to continue optimizing the game on the older consoles too. Like others have said, AC Unity would not look good at all if this was on the older consoles too such as massive crowds, 1:1 scale realistic buildings, more interior exploration, seamless transitions, more fluid animations, etc.

Kagurra
06-12-2014, 10:02 PM

So you want AC:U to suck?

Eddie..Kenway
06-13-2014, 12:07 AM
I hope far cry 4 doesn't go down the same route.

DinoSteve1
06-13-2014, 12:19 AM

Was it really necessary to post like this, it really annoys people, and they may refuse to engage with you.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 01:19 AM
Ubisoft is CLEARLY incapable of making the innovations they've been wanting to last gen.

Good riddance to the old gen, the last two AC's were disappointing and I'm sure it was partially because the weak *** last gen consoles were really starting to hold things back.

This coming from a guy who doesn't own a new console yet and a PC that stopped running AC's at decent and stable frames after AC3.

I am buying a PS4 in two weeks specifically to have it for Unity now. I'll be pre-ordering Unity as well.

As a PC gamer and nerd, I'm amazed the last gen consoles could even handle AC4 at more than 20 fps, if it wasn't for the way they handle their GPU/CPU's it certainly wouldn't.

This game is definitely the reason to either buy a new PC for me (can't upgrade it's a gaming laptop) or buy a next gen console so either 400 dollars or at the minimum 1300 dollars.

The choice is obvious for someone financially strapped as I.

souNdwAve89
06-13-2014, 01:31 AM
I hope far cry 4 doesn't go down the same route.

Doubt it. Far Cry 4 looks similar to Far Cry 3 with updated stuff, of course. Going from AC3/AC4 to AC Unity is a much bigger leap.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-13-2014, 03:15 AM
They were thinking 'There is new hardware, let's make a game for it that people will want to buy'
lol.....
It's annoying that they moved on to next gen only so fast... but i can respect it.. it is a business after all...
I would bring psychology into this, but I actually take past gen games more seriously than next gen games ATM...
Idk why, but i get a gimmicky feeling about x1 and ps4...
It's a little sad to see them not going for game of the year though... the competition is so little right now they may get it anyway lol...
Such a bad year for games :D

Evenesque
06-13-2014, 03:25 AM
They were thinking 'There is new hardware, let's make a game for it that people will want to buy'
lol.....
It's annoying that they moved on to next gen only so fast... but i can respect it.. it is a business after all...
I would bring psychology into this, but I actually take past gen games more seriously than next gen games ATM...
Idk why, but i get a gimmicky feeling about x1 and ps4...
It's a little sad to see them not going for game of the year though... the competition is so little right now they may get it anyway lol...
Such a bad year for games :D

Why are you even here?

I can't even begin to come close to listing how many reasons you've just given me to completely disregard anything you have said or ever will say.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-13-2014, 03:42 AM
Why are you even here?

I can't even begin to come close to listing how many reasons you've just given me to completely disregard anything you have said or ever will say.

Why are you even here?
There hasn't been a single good game yet...
And unity is clearly not even trying to be top dog.. it will fall on top by default...

deskp
06-13-2014, 05:06 AM

AC unity isnt possible on ps3 360... the game you see and like now wouldnt be what ended up on last gen.

People don't seem to understand how console generations work.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 05:30 AM
AC unity isnt possible on ps3 360... the game you see and like now wouldnt be what ended up on last gen.

People don't seem to understand how console generations work.

I think he understands that or at least there isn't any evidence in his posts to suggest he doesn't.

He gave his opinion on how he feels about the quick move to next gen that's it.

Steelray25
06-13-2014, 06:42 AM
I think he understands that or at least there isn't any evidence in his posts to suggest he doesn't.

He gave his opinion on how he feels about the quick move to next gen that's it.

Quick move?

By the time Unity comes out, next gen will be almost a year old. By that time, we should not be calling it "next" but current gen.

I'm usually a late adopter myself. I think the 360 was out for over 18 months before I finally got one. I had a lot of good games to play by then. ;)

I didn't get angry that games were being made for that gen. I looked forward to playing them when I got it.

Of course, I just happened to be an early adopter this time around. Frankly, I found myself cringing when I saw games were being made for both gens, as I knew that meant the game is not true "next gen." /shrug It is what it is. When I saw Unity was next gen only, I knew it would be impressive. So far, so good.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Quick move?

By the time Unity comes out, next gen will be almost a year old. By that time, we should not be calling it "next" but current gen.

I'm usually a late adopter myself. I think the 360 was out for over 18 months before I finally got one. I had a lot of good games to play by then. ;)

I didn't get angry that games were being made for that gen. I looked forward to playing them when I got it.

Of course, I just happened to be an early adopter this time around. Frankly, I found myself cringing when I saw games were being made for both gens, as I knew that meant the game is not true "next gen." /shrug It is what it is. When I saw Unity was next gen only, I knew it would be impressive. So far, so good.

Has it already been a year? ;P I stand corrected then.

I bought the PS2 ultra late, the PS3 somewhat late due to money and held off on the PS4 because it had nothing I wanted to play. However I'm now going to get it in two weeks and secure a preorder of Unity. I suppose I'll play Watch Dogs till then .

I agree, I would despise buying a new console and having some ancient and irrelevant machine holding it back. Unity exceeded all my expectations so far, although I admit, they were at an all time low after 3 and 4 the former of which I despise and the latter of which I merely find disappointing.

I was literally going to quit this series if the combat continued to get worse but they didn't just fix that... they fixed everything I've ever complained about, everything we've all ever complained about. So once again they've got me back in for a day 1 purchase.

I hope they take the time to make it bug free and optimize it well for all three platforms, especially poor PC, I own all games on PC and until recently they had left that FPS dropping bug on AC3 where regardless of hardware it drops to low FPS in the cities randomly.

rebelguy007
06-13-2014, 07:00 AM
WHAT WAS You THINKING??

I'm gonna use that.

Is it bad if I enjoy watching the last gen fools get angry because they can't hold back the industry anymore?

This is laughable. Hold back anymore? As if you've owned a next gen console for years. Lolz. No need to be a ******bag anyway guys

RBEYZ
06-13-2014, 07:03 AM

I think that is the point, no one was thinking; unless Ubisoft is just getting tired of making money. Who thought it was smart to alienate possibly the largest portion of their markets, just because Sony and Microsoft decided to go next gen? Don't Ubisoft realize that true gamers are not going to pay to become beta testers for Microsoft and Sony; we are going to let the bugs get worked out before shelling out so much money to replace something that is not broken. I guess we will see how this all plays out in October.

rebelguy007
06-13-2014, 07:04 AM
You didn't know this already?

Sushiglutton is right. Finally a new game won't be held back by last-gen. So yeah, Comet is for you I guess. Won't be drool worthy tho.

It could be. Not that it could compare to Unity but it could be brilliant. Last gen doesn't suddenly suck in quality just because next gen is here

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 07:07 AM
This is laughable. Hold back anymore? As if you've owned a next gen console for years. Lolz. No need to be a ******bag anyway guys

I find it equally ******y to complain about a game being next gen.

Let me be quite frank I am not in good financial standing, I've made a mere pittance these last few years but **** if I complain about the next gen getting some solid games that actually make use of its hardware for the poor people that have been suffering with these new consoles that have a mere handful of quality tiles and few which can be graphically or mechanically considered next gen.

rebelguy007
06-13-2014, 07:08 AM

It's sad that gamers have become so alienating to entire scores of other gamers now. It's like console fanboys but more elitist

I find it equally ******y to complain about a game being next gen.

Let me be quite frank I am not in good financial standing, I've made a mere pittance these last few years but **** if I complain about the next gen getting some solid games that actually make use of its hardware for the poor people that have been suffering with these new consoles that have a mere handful of quality tiles and few which can be graphically or mechanically considered next gen.

Sorry if I came across harsh, I agree there should not be complaints. Unity wouldn't be Unity if it was for last gen. I just dislike how arrogant lots are acting toward last gen players, it amounts to "lol ur poor or lazy and hold us badasses back" It's just alienating. Hopefully complainers about Unity should understand why it isn't on last gen though, Ubisoft have told them a dozen times.

Steelray25
06-13-2014, 07:51 AM
I agree, I would despise buying a new console and having some ancient and irrelevant machine holding it back. Unity exceeded all my expectations so far, although I admit, they were at an all time low after 3 and 4 the former of which I despise and the latter of which I merely find disappointing.

Oh, I don't think I'd go that far. It's a bit disappointing, sure. But it's to be expected during transition. This is just the first time I'm on the other side of it. LOL

dbzk1999
06-13-2014, 08:19 AM
I don't mind them releasing it for just next gen I'm upset that I'm going to miss out on the rest of the story

souNdwAve89
06-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Eh, some gamers (here and other sites) act as if the game will be in limited supply, and anyone that can't buy any of the new consoles will never get a chance to play Unity. The game will still be there, yes, you may be late, but at least you'll eventually play it. I skipped the PS2/GameCube/Xbox era because my parents didn't want to buy me any of the consoles. When I finally got one of the early PS3 models, I played some of those hit PS2 games many years later.

Honestly, if Unity was cross platform, I can imagine people still giving Ubisoft even more crap for "being the same", "nothing new", "lazy reskin", etc since they had to optimize the game on all platforms. At least with Unity being only on the new consoles, they are able to make Unity a big upgrade from previous games. Sure, many of the things are still there, but you can say that about any game in a series like Uncharted or Batman Arkham. The difference is that people put Naughty Dog and Rocksteady on a high pedestal just because of their track record.

dbzk1999
06-13-2014, 08:51 AM
Sure, many of the things are still there, but you can say that about any game in a series like Uncharted or Batman Arkham. The difference is that people put Naughty Dog and Rocksteady on a high pedestal just because of their track record.

That's under an assumption that people ARE NOT upset about it (especially considering it looks like arkham knight will be the last along with uncharted 4 POSSIBLY at least that's how it appears) heh higher pedestal

Aphex_Tim
06-13-2014, 08:57 AM
There's always a way, people!
Up until the release of AC:R I didn't even have a platform of my own that could run the AC games. And I've been a fan of the series since the PoP spin-off days.
Around the release of AC:R I finally got my own PS3. Every game before that, I had played on Playstations or Xboxes that I managed to borrow for a week or two while borrowing the games from other people. Still managed to play every game that way! ;)