Black_Widow9
06-13-2014, 02:59 AM
Where's Comet?? :(
So I'm sleepy and you just said:

"Where's Connor?"

:p lol

Legendz54
06-13-2014, 03:34 AM
Saw the Unity single-player demo at the Uplay Lounge today. I was 3 feet away from one of the 50 inch LG lcd as it was being played. Can't reveal anything else beyond that unfortunately. These lips are sealed. :p

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140222015558/fables/images/b/b7/SAM_Nerissa_Back_Room.png

Mirror Mirror.. your face looks like vomit... now tell me where the **** is AC Comet.

Shahkulu101
06-13-2014, 03:42 AM
Imma tear your ribbon off if you don't give us saucy details, Ureh.

Ureh
06-13-2014, 03:50 AM
Mirror Mirror.. your face looks like vomit... now tell me where the **** is AC Comet.

Your language is most sour, and smells far from a flower. Alas I'm missing a shard, so speaking will be hard. I will need time to mend, so go on your business my good friend. :P

http://www.newgamernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/the-wolf-among-us-episode-3-magic-mirror.jpg

Legendz54
06-13-2014, 06:23 AM
yea im about 2 seconds away from kicking a hole in ya

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1OLi9lwQkxj-RH4u6D0SX4ll5wGgBIdVSBqkFK6FMHC4pxPWr

jd55513
06-13-2014, 03:56 PM
New Assassin Creed Unity Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pcMf-P9GyE

pacmanate
06-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks duddddddddddee

adventurewomen
06-13-2014, 10:47 PM
So I'm sleepy and you just said:

"Where's Connor?"

Lol yeah I did just say: Where's Connor?

COMET is CONNOR!!
^
From my observation.. that explains so much to why it hasn't been announced. However I would like to see Connor in next gen so I have my fingers crossed for Connor to make a cameo in Unity that would be so awesome!!

;)

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2014, 10:53 PM
YOU LEARN TO MOVE ON WITHOUT THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE

-----

AC UNITY, rc

mhg87
06-14-2014, 03:31 AM
so i'm sleepy and you just said:

"where's connor?"

"Where's Charles Lee?!"

Legendz54
06-14-2014, 05:05 AM
"where's charles lee?!"

give me lee

pacmanate
06-14-2014, 01:36 PM
give me lee

If connor wanted a boyfriend there are better ways to go about it than shouting at everyone.

Legendz54
06-14-2014, 01:45 PM
If connor wanted a boyfriend there are better ways to go about it than shouting at everyone.

Where are you charles?

http://youtu.be/oLFlq2SerGQ

pacmanate
06-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Where are you charles?

"Ugh, Uhgghh" (Connor when having a drink with Charles, realising he can take advantage if Charles is drunk)

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Where are you charles?

Oh god, not this video again lol

Mr.GoodKall
06-14-2014, 04:28 PM
I hate MP, ive always loved single player and it looks like Ubisoft is going MP with all their games lately... I don't like the future of AC... not at all.. there are a lot of people who only play for the campaign, so stop changing everything to MP DAMNITTTT

mhg87
06-14-2014, 04:31 PM
I hate MP, ive always loved single player and it looks like Ubisoft is going MP with all their games lately... I don't like the future of AC... not at all.. there are a lot of people who only play for the campaign, so stop changing everything to MP DAMNITTTT

No one is being forced to play the Co-Op mode.

Mr.GoodKall
06-14-2014, 04:37 PM
No one is being forced to play the Co-Op mode.

that's not what I said. The point is that Ubi is switching their focus on MP now and putting less and less attention on SP campaigns

Legendz54
06-14-2014, 04:43 PM
that's not what I said. The point is that Ubi is switching their focus on MP now and putting less and less attention on SP campaigns

The Co op is separate brotherhood missions and other activities. Not part of the main campaign so it will not be affected.

Hans684
06-14-2014, 04:45 PM
The Co op is separate brotherhood missions and other activities. Not part of the main campaign so it will not be affected.

And it's possible to do it alone too.

MasterAssasin84
06-14-2014, 04:53 PM
And it's possible to do it alone too.

This !!

Ive never really been a Fan of MP but that is my preference.

There are Multiple Studios work in AC Unity so they can apply the same focus on various elements of the game .

Hans684
06-14-2014, 10:07 PM
This !!

Ive never really been a Fan of MP but that is my preference.

There are Multiple Studios work in AC Unity so they can apply the same focus on various elements of the game .

Totally agree, never had Online access either.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-14-2014, 11:53 PM
So, we're told that Arno is not an ancestor of Desmond...

Why the heck are we playing him? :rolleyes:

And wasn't Aveline like this as well..?

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 12:57 AM
So, we're told that Arno is not an ancestor of Desmond...

Why the heck are we playing him? :rolleyes:

And wasn't Aveline like this as well..?

Because the who reason we bothered with any protags was because they had some connection with a piece of eden or some magical place, minus AC:R. Not because they were Desmonds ancestor.

kosmoscreed
06-15-2014, 04:44 AM
Anyone knows how to watch this interview?

https://twitter.com/loomer979/status/476910730948526080

Dkyo1983
06-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, been playing Blackflag and love it to bits! As far as capturing the essence of (at least in peoples imaginations ;) ) what pirates are I dont think anyone could have done it better. And now, if anyone wants to touch this area in gaming yours will be the one to tryin beat!!! :)

Its not perfect tho, it could of been definitive.I mean, the naval combat is tough, strategic and most of all fulfilling! The ocean is amazing, the songs sung by crew, the games score is epic and the art design is the bomb! Basically everything at sea(except hand to hand combat) is fantastic.

Before I get to the combat I wanted to maybe suggest a slight change in movement that could maybe make it into UNITY.

Basically the towns in black flag are big and your normal walk (which looks cool) is hella SLOOOOW. So what happens, for almost the entirety of the game your putting pressure on R2 to jog through the environments. This starts to feel very uncomfortable after like 2hrs. Its makes sense when if you want to sprint or freerun but for 'general movement' it seems unnecessary. Could u guys maybe just tweak your standard movement speed to the left analog? No more hold x to walk fast (no offense, but this is ridiculous). I mean both sticks on the ps4 and xboxone have nice resistance so obviously full tilt will be for a jog and normal presure for your walk. It would also help things feel less 'automated'. Like the player is really in control. Please guys....please take this under consideration.

I'm guessing as far as combat goes, people have already said all there is really. The combat since 3 (didn't like ac3, didn't like Connor actually, what a snore he was) has been made to simple. The enemy attack indicators I did not even feel were necessary(played without them), these dudes practically telegraph their movements in slow motion and speaking of which, slow mo following a successful parry I felt again was not needed. Battles felt/feel drawn out and even tho the kill animations are amazing they are too long and ultimately feel shallow because u touch a button and then kill this seemingly idiotic attacker. So basically, the combat in ac3/bf is way to simplistic and unrewarding.

What I have seen from UNITY has me excited tho. No slowmo unless its a defining strike perhaps? And maybe allow enemies to interrupt your constant slashing forcing u back on your toes. Cause I saw one guy just cleave this guard for about 10secs till death. Enemy was just taking a beating then dead. Oh and speed it up by 5% maybe.

Thank you guys, I will continue to support u and your games! :)

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-17-2014, 04:34 AM
NOOOOOOOOO T________T

http://i59.tinypic.com/2enyvkn.png

Ureh
06-17-2014, 05:00 AM
@Humble_Assassin Aw... I was actually hoping for it. Cause some of my family actually took an interest in Unity when they saw it (and they don't play games at all!). Oh well, to be expected I guess. :(

deskp
06-17-2014, 07:38 AM
@Humble_Assassin Aw... I was actually hoping for it. Cause some of my family actually took an interest in Unity when they saw it (and they don't play games at all!). Oh well, to be expected I guess. :(

Guess youre gonna have to share =O

Legendz54
06-17-2014, 11:04 AM
NOOOOOOOOO T________T

Not surprised one bit.. saw this coming a mile away.

DSafrin
06-17-2014, 12:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOO T________T

It was mentioned in one of the interviews as well (that it will be online only).
I still hope it's going to be at least cross-platform, but I guess it's not gonna happen either...

Also, I've heard a rumour somewhere - that there will be only 1 save slot? Does anyone know anything more about it? I hope we get more than one... I like to play a little completionist on my first game, so it takes a lot of time - but I like to replay the story, so at least one more save slot comes in handy.

deskp
06-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Also, I've heard a rumour somewhere - that there will be only 1 save slot? Does anyone know anything more about it? I hope we get more than one... I like to play a little completionist on my first game, so it takes a lot of time - but I like to replay the story, so at least one more save slot comes in handy.

I don't believe that. but if thats the case, can't you juse use a 2. account to play it on a new save? not optiomal but i guess it works. Either way I see no reason to just have 1 save slot

pacmanate
06-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Not surprised one bit.. saw this coming a mile away.

me2

Ureh
06-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Guess youre gonna have to share =O

Yes! But we were thinking of getting two ps4 and two copies of the games. But then the thought of us having to pay double subscriptions fees to psn for several months to play just one game... yeeaaaah, no thanks! :p

AherasSTRG
06-19-2014, 12:05 PM
I haven't played a split screen supporting game since Borderlands 2...

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 03:44 PM
borderlands 2 wasn't that long ago

anyway I'm pc so I don't care

Lonnie_Jackson
06-19-2014, 09:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92sE29g285Y
Looks as if we are finally the Assassin's ourselves in the modern era of the game. 7:00 mins in.

Secu12
06-20-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm watching France's match at World Cup and I realised I would much like to hear their hymn in this game nad the story of its composal! :d
Since this game is more stealth-based I wonder if you will be able to kill only your targets just like in AC I (as one of the producers stated back then).

Hans684
06-20-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm watching France's match at World Cup and I realised I would much like to hear their hymn in this game nad the story of its composal! :d
Since this game is more stealth-based I wonder if you will be able to kill only your targets just like in AC I (as one of the producers stated back then).

All we need to do is keep calm and follow the creed.

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 04:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92sE29g285Y
Looks as if we are finally the Assassin's ourselves in the modern era of the game. 7:00 mins in.

Sounds great! Sounds like we're part of the initiates and we're training to become Assassins.

pacmanate
06-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Being part of the initiates was confirmed by Shauns message on initiates.

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 02:53 PM
yes I know why are you telling me this

Hans684
06-23-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.accesstheanimus.com/Making_of_hidden_secrets.html

pacmanate
06-23-2014, 06:46 PM
yes I know why are you telling me this

Sounds great! Sounds like we're part of the initiates and we're training to become Assassins.

Because you just said that^...

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Because you just said that^...

I was referring to the modern day gameplay of Unity...

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/Making_of_hidden_secrets.html

This was great. Really looks like Unity is shaping up to be the best Assassin's Creed game, I think it'll win out over AC2 as well.

Escappa
06-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Well, now I'm panicking over the fact that I won't have a PS4 when the game comes out. Sure I can buy the game later; but I'm afraid I'll miss out on the co-op experience. WHY CRUEL WORLD?

Hans684
06-23-2014, 08:33 PM
This was great. Really looks like Unity is shaping up to be the best Assassin's Creed game, I think it'll win out over AC2 as well.

Indeed and AC(1) consider Unity is made with the same vision, only better.

ShadowSolaris7
06-24-2014, 04:40 PM
So did I get this right, the clothes we put on Arno will also be shown in co-op to other players even though the other players see u as an different assassin.

Radman500
06-24-2014, 04:41 PM
hopefully we get some updates on Juno

Locopells
06-24-2014, 05:21 PM
So did I get this right, the clothes we put on Arno will also be shown in co-op to other players even though the other players see u as an different assassin.

Yep.

Wolfmeister1010
06-25-2014, 11:02 PM
Just in case anyone is curious, the e3 demos confirmed to be running on PC at xboxone specs. So probably equivalent to medium-high settings on PC.

pacmanate
06-25-2014, 11:24 PM
Just in case anyone is curious, the e3 demos confirmed to be running on PC at xboxone specs. So probably equivalent to medium-high settings on PC.

That dev at E3 said we would need a really powerful machine to get it looking like that... Definitely a lie on the xbox one specs, otherwise it would be played on xbox one.

Wolfmeister1010
06-25-2014, 11:49 PM
That dev at E3 said we would need a really powerful machine to get it looking like that... Definitely a lie on the xbox one specs, otherwise it would be played on xbox one.

No it is extremely common for devs to use PC on console specs. And to be honest screw what that one interview guy said. Who the hell was he anyway? Honestly I have seen many interviews where the people say things like "I don't know about that part of the game, its not my part" so I would trust an official statement more than that guy.

My info comes from a one on one hands on demo presented to Eurogamer journalists, and they said they were told that it was PC running on specs similar to xBone

Jexx21
06-26-2014, 01:30 AM
I don't really care just as long as the game looks good

And Watch Dogs did look good regardless of how it lived up to the E3 demos.

deskp
06-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Well, your pc gotta be a fait bit better than the consoles to reach the same level, due to pc's not being specialized for it the same way consoles are.And we know ubisoft arnt good at making pc versions. so to have a decent experice you should have an exessive amount of pc power to brute force it's problems.

souNdwAve89
06-26-2014, 09:09 PM
I don't really care just as long as the game looks good

And Watch Dogs did look good regardless of how it lived up to the E3 demos.

Yeah, I actually started playing Watch_Dogs recently on the PC at highest settings, and the game looks great still. Sure, it would have been nice if the game looked like the E3 gameplay demos, but the graphics didn't break my enjoyment and immersion. I don't recall Ubisoft giving a reason why they delayed the game in the first place, but I wouldn't be surprised it was delayed to optimize it on all platforms or what people like to say, "polishing". I'm so glad Unity, Arkham Knight, and The Witcher 3 are only on the new consoles and PC.

pacmanate
06-28-2014, 01:49 AM
No it is extremely common for devs to use PC on console specs. And to be honest screw what that one interview guy said. Who the hell was he anyway? Honestly I have seen many interviews where the people say things like "I don't know about that part of the game, its not my part" so I would trust an official statement more than that guy.

My info comes from a one on one hands on demo presented to Eurogamer journalists, and they said they were told that it was PC running on specs similar to xBone

You really believe what Ubisoft are saying?

You should know "console specs" means more powerful, otherwise why not just use the console?

Wolfmeister1010
06-29-2014, 04:42 AM
You really believe what Ubisoft are saying?

You should know "console specs" means more powerful, otherwise why not just use the console?

I should say the same thing to you lol. The difference between my info and yours is that yours comes from a nervous looking dev guy who doesn't know about half the game, and the other came from an official closed door showing.

Because PC is more stable in terms of framerate, and regardless of which system it is first developed for, all games are developed first on a PC. You can't just boot up an xbox 360 and start making a game. and you can record on it and such for demos and screenings and such. Basically all Ubi games in the past have been shown on PC at e3 but look like the console versions. And why should I automatically not believe them? Its not like just because they said it is on PC at console settings doesn't mean that it is automatically the opposite..

Landruner
07-01-2014, 03:18 AM

E3 Demo(s) for AC(s) run on PC and they are scripted (yes scripted for the show case event - The games are directly developed with consoles tools, and then optimized for being ported to PC - (That is only for the AC series, but not for the test of the other UBI 's games such as Far Cry and WDs).

Calvarok
07-01-2014, 05:28 AM
y'all should remember that consoles get the performance benefit of their versions of the game being developed for only one type of hardware, meaning that optimization is always going to be a lot tighter than the PC version which has to run on various types of graphics cards and setups. So running the game at xbox one or ps4-level settings will still require a fairly beefy computer, you can't just match the exact specs of the xbox and expect the same performance.

Radman500
07-01-2014, 05:34 AM
i dont like the eyeground feature when on buildings....it will get in the way and get annoying everytime you are on top of the roof

i hope there is an option to switch it off

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I think everyone hopes that feature goes away. The most cluttered thing I have ever seen in a game.

CaliRuckus1011
07-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Do you think Arno will have the hood toggle as Edward did in Black Flag or do you think that since Arno is more involved in the Creed than Edward was that he wouldn't take off his hood?

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Do you think Arno will have the hood toggle as Edward did in Black Flag or do you think that since Arno is more involved in the Creed than Edward was that he wouldn't take off his hood?

If im honest, I dont see why you would ever have your hood down. You have it up to conceal your face right? So whats the point walking around in the same clothes with the hood down? People would know you are the person who killed 1000000 guards based on your clothes.

Ureh
07-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Sometimes they need to know how handsome you are. That's probably how Arno will get into some parties. Gotta show his squeaky clean smile and wink his eye at the crowd. Sign a few autographs with his hidden blade. That sorta thing...

CaliRuckus1011
07-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Well honestly i always thought yes were assassins but isnt it weird that we walk around towns like Havana, and Boston in robes and hoods as if it were an everyday thing. Like in unity Arno approaches people for murder mysteries, personally if it were me I'd be alittle freaked out if a man in a hood approached me. Now if we walked around town with no hood I doubt that people would suspect anything and when we kill is when we put our hood on, that way no one can see our faces and get suspicious. We only need to conceal our identities when we kill our targets. I don't know its always a thought I've had since the first AC, but I know an assassin must work in the dark. But its kind of hard to work in the dark when you have to walk down a brightly lit street with not many people to blend with haha. Thats why I thought the hood toggle was pretty cool but its not a big deal, it wouldn't stop me for playing or anything like that.

Ureh
07-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Indeed, yes. Sometimes the hood can work against us. Like in AC1, lots of the targets (and their henchmen and the city guards) started keeping an eye out for any hooded men. Their swords are nearly unsheathed and ready to draw blood at the drop of a hat. After each memory block they get more and more paranoid. Al Mualim said that the people in the cities call Altair "the hooded man."

Pockyninjamaste
07-02-2014, 10:08 PM
The game seems interesting but do you really need to play online to really get the full game or will it be possible to do everything as a single player? If not how much of this game is going to be restricted from single player.

rob.davies2014
07-02-2014, 10:31 PM
i dont like the eyeground feature when on buildings....it will get in the way and get annoying everytime you are on top of the roof

i hope there is an option to switch it off

I think it's a really useful feature but it would get annoying if it appeared everytime you stood still on a rooftop.

I hope it's mapped to a button so I can toggle it on and off whenever I need it instead of going into the HUD menu and activating/deactivating it from there.

Locopells
07-03-2014, 12:49 AM
The game seems interesting but do you really need to play online to really get the full game or will it be possible to do everything as a single player? If not how much of this game is going to be restricted from single player.

They've stated that all co-op can be done on your own, if you're upgraded enough.

Welcome to the forums!

Calvarok
07-03-2014, 01:46 AM
I do wonder how the high ground feature actually functions. do you have a manual trigger to turn it on, and if it's contextual when does it turn off? couldn't spot any specific trigger from the demo they released, it turned off when he was still on the roof.

Jexx21
07-03-2014, 01:53 AM
I bet it's RB/R1

Ureh
07-03-2014, 02:47 AM
They could put it on R3 too! :p

Pockyninjamaste
07-03-2014, 10:38 PM
They've stated that all co-op can be done on your own, if you're upgraded enough.

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks I missed that it is great to know it will still be available single player.

Also thanks for the welcome.

joelsantos24
07-05-2014, 11:23 AM
I think it's a really useful feature but it would get annoying if it appeared everytime you stood still on a rooftop.

I hope it's mapped to a button so I can toggle it on and off whenever I need it instead of going into the HUD menu and activating/deactivating it from there.
You know what? I coul not see the map or any of the conventional monitor displays. You think those can also be turned on-off? Although, I cannot even envision an Assassin's game without the map and the rest of the usual displays.

Another thing, as the developer is going through the (main) mission, he is presented with several other secondary or terciary missions along the way. How can someone even assume that this sort of mechanics could work, on a game as complex as this? I mean, what are you supposed to do with those parallel missions? In past installments, accepting one parallel mission in the middle of a main mission, would mean to abandon (or postpone) the main mission, or vice-versa. At the E3 demonstration, the guy added one of those side-missions to a quest log, so what does that even mean? Should all the missions not appear on the map? Why would you even need a quest log, in the first place? Which brings us to the beginning, and the map issue. Weird. :nonchalance:

Ordall
07-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Don't know if this has all ready come up? But in all the trailers and game play realest Arno only has one hidden blade.

Hans684
07-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Don't know if this has all ready come up? But in all the trailers and game play realest Arno only has one hidden blade.

Arno has been shown with two Hidden Blades too, because every Assassin shown so far is Arno. Arno is everyone, everyone is Arno.

Ordall
07-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Arno has been shown with two Hidden Blades too, because every Assassin shown so far is Arno. Arno is everyone, everyone is Arno.

If you actually look at all the game play you notice that Arno dose double take downs but only has one hidden blade. It is the same for all the assassins shown so far. Try looking at the videos before criticising.

Hans684
07-05-2014, 05:26 PM
If you actually look at all the game play you notice that Arno dose double take downs but only has one hidden blade. It is the same for all the assassins shown so far. Try looking at the videos before criticising.

I'm not only taking this conclusions based on gameplay. I've read articles(news to be precise), that do say everyone is going to play Arno, when you play your game you see yourself as Arno(with his face, your outfit, weapons etc...) and you see the other players(who play as Arno in their game) as any random Assassin(with their outfit, weapons etc...). Then I've seen every screenshot released so far, just look at this screenshot;
It proves my point.

http://www.pressfire.no/image/screenshots2/2000/2850/4067/ss15.jpg

The green Arno has two Hidden Blades(the Arno shown with two Hidden Blades, previous post correct(point proven))), then the brown Arno with a spear, then the brown Arno with an axe and last the default Arno with his standard weapons.

Ordall
07-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm not only taking this conclusions based on gameplay. I've read articles(news to be precise), that do say everyone is going to play Arno, when you play your game you see yourself as Arno(with his face, your outfit, weapons etc...) and you see the other players(who play as Arno in their game) as any random Assassin(with their outfit, weapons etc...). Then I've seen every screenshot released so far, just look at this screenshot;
It proves my point.

The green Arno has two Hidden Blades(the Arno shown with two Hidden Blades, previous post correct(point proven))), then the brown Arno with a spear, then the brown Arno with an axe and last the default Arno with his standard weapons.

I know all the assassins are Arno. It may be on the right arm but there is no hidden blade on the left arm. Plus if this is concept art it means nothing as it changes in development. But in all the demo's the Arnos only have one hidden blade.

Hans684
07-05-2014, 06:35 PM
I know all the assassins are Arno.

Good.

I admit the hidden blade is on the right arm but there is no hidden blade on the left arm.

Then look closer. | A question for everyone else reading this, do any of you see a second Hidden Blade on the green Arno's left hand? If so can anyone zoom the picture for those unable to see it? I have an Ipad so I can't.

Plus if this is concept art it means nothing as we all know it changes in development.

It's not concept art, it's a screenshot.

Also there are no Arnos in the demo's that have two hidden blades.

Correct but as said previously that I said that I said previously is that I'm not taking this conclusion based on demo's only.

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 06:45 PM
I know all the assassins are Arno. It may be on the right arm but there is no hidden blade on the left arm. Plus if this is concept art it means nothing as it changes in development. But in all the demo's the Arnos only have one hidden blade.
no, there's a hidden blade on both arms and that's a screenshot

Ordall
07-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Firstly the Arno has only one hidden blade the left arm shows his cuff with no hidden blade I've zoomed and checked. Secondly screen shots can be misleading look at this one of Edward he is doing something that can not be done in game.
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/assassins-creed/ac/AC4BF-media-SS-1-big_141377.jpg
Finally I only said that in the videos the Arnos have only one hidden blade this may mean that he starts the game with only one hidden blade and then gets a second later in the game like in 2 and brotherhood.

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Arno clearly has two hidden blades in this picture:

Ordall
07-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Arno clearly has two hidden blades in this picture:

Maybe there is a second hidden blade maybe there isn't. Besides it dose not mater as Arno seems to do just as well as a assassin with two hidden blades like Ezio and Edward in the demo's for unity.

Hans684
07-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Firstly the Arno has only one hidden blade the left arm shows his cuff with no hidden blade I've zoomed and checked.

Then explain the long metal blade looking thing on his arm if it is not a HB. Is it a razor he can use to shave the possible beard Arno might to get during the FR? Or a razor to shave his... to impress the ladies? Or maybe it's a blade used to cut his hair? Please explain yourself. If it is not a HB, what can it be?

Secondly screen shots can be misleading look at this one of Edward he is doing something that can not be done in game.
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/assassins-creed/ac/AC4BF-media-SS-1-big_141377.jpg

That one is obviously just a screenshot to show the world of the game, there has never been a mechanic like that where we can have one hand armed while hight up on a moving ship, nice try anyway. But double HB's is a mechanic used in every AC since AC2. There is nothing misleading about the screenshot I showed you. The green Arno does have two HB's.

Finally I only said that in the videos the Arnos have only one hidden blade this may mean that he starts the game with only one hidden blade and then gets a second later in the game like in 2 and brotherhood.

And finally I said my conclusion was not only based on gameplay. And yes we do have skill trees and can choose gear and weapons so obviously the standard second HB(green Arno) is going to be an option.

Ordall
07-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Maybe you never know :D I personal don't see a second hidden blade but that dose not mean that one is not there. I just see part of the cuff.

My conclusion was mostly based on gameplay. I'm sorry for any confusion I only ment you had only one hidden blade for some of the game.

Plus it dose not mater as Arno can kill two people at once with one hidden blade so there is probably no need for a second.

Ureh
07-05-2014, 10:52 PM
A second blade might allow him to perform double assassinations faster (and allow for quicker animations). But I do wonder if he can pull of double air kills with just one blade?! :p

Ordall
07-05-2014, 11:01 PM
A second blade might allow him to perform double assassinations faster (and allow for quicker animations). But I do wonder if he can pull of double air kills with just one blade?! :p

You may be right about the faster assassinations. But I believe he could preform double air assassinations using a simular action to the double running assassination in the demo's.

APerfectMan2007
07-05-2014, 11:15 PM
What is my best choice PS4 or Xbox One? I only play AC nothing else.

What is the best choice for AC gaming? This is not a PS4/One thing. I only care about the best AC experience.

Locopells
07-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Can't say about PS4/XBone, but for best AC experience, try for a high end PC, if you can.

pacmanate
07-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Can't say about PS4/XBone, but for best AC experience, try for a high end PC, if you can.

Not with Ubisofts optimization history. Tbf seeing as this was targeted at next gen I don't see why the PS4/X1 and PC version wont be similar. They were for Black Flag.

roostersrule2
07-06-2014, 03:35 PM
What is my best choice PS4 or Xbox One? I only play AC nothing else.

What is the best choice for AC gaming? This is not a PS4/One thing. I only care about the best AC experience.You should play other games like Far Cry, Splinter Cell, Just Dance, Watch Dogs, The Division, Rayman, Rabbids.

Just play anything to increase my revenue.

Also buy the Ubibox, when it comes out, 2016 folks.

Seriously though usually the PS consoles get exclusives for AC so I'd go PS4 and the devs are targeting a higher resolution on the PS4 too.

xxtonypunk96xx
07-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know if it's been confirmed that you can wield two hidden blades this time around again? It seemed like Arno did in the co-op demo but if you notice when he tackles the two guards he only stabs one and then stabs the other one on the ground with his left hand.

Ordall
07-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know if it's been confirmed that you can wield two hidden blades this time around again? It seemed like Arno did in the co-op demo but if you notice when he tackles the two guards he only stabs one and then stabs the other one on the ground with his left hand.

They also only use one hidden blade in the co-op demo. But there is this screen shot that has Arno with a hidden blade on the right arm and possibly one on the left I can't tell personally.http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/assassins-creed/ac/ACU-media-SS-8-big_147457.jpg

xxtonypunk96xx
07-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Hmmm I'm wondering now if not only our clothes but our arsenal is customizable as well

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 12:28 AM
we've been able to customize our weapons for the past 6 games

tw010f
07-07-2014, 06:27 AM
So I just found this forum so I'm apologizing if its already been talked about, but do you think there will be a companion app?

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 06:57 AM
who cares no one uses it

but probably cause ubi likes to do those things

rrebe
07-07-2014, 09:48 AM
So I just found this forum so I'm apologizing if its already been talked about, but do you think there will be a companion app?
I haven't heard anything official about it yet, but it is possible (I quite liked the app for AC4 tbh)
And welcome to the forums! o/

who cares no one uses it
Don't be rude.

I-Like-Pie45
07-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Why so serious

pacmanate
07-07-2014, 03:10 PM

Welcome to the forums!

SixKeys
07-07-2014, 04:47 PM
we've been able to customize our weapons for the past 6 games

No, we haven't. We've only been able to buy new weapons, not choose whether to discard them (unless intentionally burying a heavy weapon in an enemy's skull to get rid of it counts as customizing your arsenal) or tinker with them to make them stronger.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 06:04 PM
No, we haven't. We've only been able to buy new weapons, not choose whether to discard them (unless intentionally burying a heavy weapon in an enemy's skull to get rid of it counts as customizing your arsenal) or tinker with them to make them stronger.
buy new weapons, choose which weapons and which kind of weapons to take... sure sounds like "customizing our arsenal" to me

I mean, that's what Unity is going to have, the ability to buy/receive weapons and choose which ones we can use. I doubt we'll be able to actually customize the weapons themselves, as in choose colors or whatever.

Calvarok
07-07-2014, 07:19 PM
It would be interesting if, for example, bringing only one hidden blade had trade-off benefits of some kind compared to two blades. we've never really had choices like that, weapon stats were the main differentiator and ultimately meaningless.

the issue with allowing players to leave certain things behind is designers can't rely as much on knowing what the player has with them + what slots they left empty, and therefore doesn't have as much information on how to design the obstacles they'll face.

Ureh
07-08-2014, 05:38 AM

Not sure yet, but I'm willing to bet there will be an app closely related to Initiates. It's like the most requested thingy from fans of Initiates! :)

rrebe
07-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Initiates related app would be cool, I like that idea :)

M4kk0n3n3434
07-09-2014, 02:40 PM
I actually liked that hud with no map because it actually felt pretty free. In my game I think I take map away and just go with the flow.

I think that if we see someone from past AC games it's gonna be Stephane Chapheau from AC3 and it would be fun to see someone from old games.

mi5ki
07-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Now we owners of xbox 360 are disadvantaged because we have to buy a new console to play with friends sitting next to us.:mad::mad::mad:

SHADOWGARVIN
07-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Now we owners of xbox 360 are disadvantaged because we have to buy a new console to play with friends sitting next to us.:mad::mad::mad:

There is also going to be an AC game for last gen only.

MickyDaLips
07-16-2014, 11:41 AM

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration, if devs only made games that were backwards compatible there would never be a reason to make new consoles, I'm sure xbox owners were fed up that games came out for the 360 that couldn't be played on the original xbox, same for PS1>Ps2>PS3>PS4

I'd much rather have games developed for a PS4/XBone that xbox and PS1 :)

Jexx21
07-16-2014, 06:35 PM
you don't expect to have an old Nokia cell phone and expect it to do all the things that smartphones can do, do you?

xxtonypunk96xx
07-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up yet but I'd like to point out that within the game title itself is the name Uni one of the names Juno had that Minerva spoke of in AC2 and thought it was a nice little nod at that or it could've been unintentional who knows.

Ureh
07-17-2014, 07:25 PM
@xxtonypunk96xx Hehe if that turns out to be more than just a coincidence then I wonder what the "ty" stands for. :p

tw010f
07-18-2014, 04:38 AM
It would be interesting if, for example, bringing only one hidden blade had trade-off benefits of some kind compared to two blades. we've never really had choices like that, weapon stats were the main differentiator and ultimately meaningless.

the issue with allowing players to leave certain things behind is designers can't rely as much on knowing what the player has with them + what slots they left empty, and therefore doesn't have as much information on how to design the obstacles they'll face.

I see it being similar to WD. The player will start out with one blade, and through the process of gaining skill points the player can get a second blade. now my question is will the player be able to max out all their stats like WD? I feel there should be a strategic process to the skill lines. It's pointless to have a character who has max stats in stealth, navigation, and fighting. With the implication of coop the player should only be allotted enough skills to max one skill line, or balance all three. That way it makes the player have multiple play troughs, and makes the game more challenging.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-18-2014, 01:05 PM
I see it being similar to WD. The player will start out with one blade, and through the process of gaining skill points the player can get a second blade. now my question is will the player be able to max out all their stats like WD? I feel there should be a strategic process to the skill lines. It's pointless to have a character who has max stats in stealth, navigation, and fighting. With the implication of coop the player should only be allotted enough skills to max one skill line, or balance all three. That way it makes the player have multiple play troughs, and makes the game more challenging.

This will only work if you actually play the co-op missions with multiple players. If you're going to play them alone then it will be useless if you only maxed out one skill tree. I imagine those missions will be very hard even if you maxed out all three skill trees, wich i'm very happy with. I like a challenge. I think they will do it the same way as WD did.

CaliRuckus1011
07-22-2014, 08:51 PM
I know this has probably already been answered but would we need to consoles to play coop, or if my friend is sitting next to me could he just pick up a controller and start playing with me???

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 08:53 PM
no

SHADOWGARVIN
07-22-2014, 10:18 PM
I know this has probably already been answered but would we need to consoles to play coop, or if my friend is sitting next to me could he just pick up a controller and start playing with me???

No split screen co-op.

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 01:11 AM

Dont need a controller for that kind of hanky panky ;)

joelsantos24
07-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Do you guys think Sony/Ubisoft are gonna make some sort of bundle, when Unity comes out, for fans to be able to buy the PS4 along with the entire AC colection? To be completely honest, that's one of the factors that are keeping me away from next generation, because what the hell am I gonna do with my entire AC colection? I'm not gonna keep two systems, the same way I didn't keep my PS1 and PS2. I can't believe I'm gonna have to sell everything and then rebuy everything back for PS4.

LoyalACFan
07-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Do you guys think Sony/Ubisoft are gonna make some sort of bundle, when Unity comes out, for fans to be able to buy the PS4 along with the entire AC colection? To be completely honest, that's one of the factors that are keeping me away from next generation, because what the hell am I gonna do with my entire AC colection? I'm not gonna keep two systems, the same way I didn't keep my PS1 and PS2. I can't believe I'm gonna have to sell everything and then rebuy everything back for PS4.

Well, Sony has that PlayStation Now streaming service launching next year I think, so for that reason alone I think they'll be avoiding physical rereleases.

Jexx21
07-27-2014, 12:38 PM
But PS Now sucks. It's overly expensive and you need to have a pretty fast internet connection to use it.

I think that it's possible they'll do a re-release for the games, but not for Unity. More like in a few years from now.

teafox02
07-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Whilst I can appreciate your frustration, if devs only made games that were backwards compatible there would never be a reason to make new consoles, I'm sure xbox owners were fed up that games came out for the 360 that couldn't be played on the original xbox, same for PS1>Ps2>PS3>PS4

I'd much rather have games developed for a PS4/XBone that xbox and PS1 :)

Yes you're right but they could do ONE local multiplayer assassin's creed game for xbox360.

joelsantos24
07-28-2014, 02:35 PM
But PS Now sucks. It's overly expensive and you need to have a pretty fast internet connection to use it.

I think that it's possible they'll do a re-release for the games, but not for Unity. More like in a few years from now.
I actually contacted the Ubisoft Support page on Facebook directly, and asked if they actually had plans to release the AC Anthology on PS4, for instance. Well, they said there are no plans at this time, to release that on PS4.

Pretty disappointing, to be honest. I was thinking on buying the PS4 + Unity this August or September, but I changed my mind. I'm going to wait, at least, another year. I have my entire AC collection - which I want to keep playing - and plus I'm a huge Gran Turismo fan, and I bought GT6 just before Christmas, and I'm not going to give up on that.

What I cannot understand, though, is why they released the Anthology for PS3, just before the PS4 was also released. If you're going to make an Anthology, they make it now and for next generation. Because, are we actually moving on, or not? If we are, then give us the means to carry the series onto next generation.