PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity's Director Is Marc Albinet!!!

king-hailz
06-09-2014, 11:30 AM
http://ca.linkedin.com/in/marcalbinet

I wonder how it will be...

killzab
06-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Thought it was Amancio ?!

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 11:39 AM
"SpecialtiesCreation management - Expertise in Game Design - Game theory and methodology - IP use and original creation : storytelling, characters, universes"

We will see about the storytelling and methodology.

SixKeys
06-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Is there a difference between Creative Director and Game Director?

AherasSTRG
06-09-2014, 12:18 PM
We will see about the storytelling and methodology.
Because we have the gaming education to talk about an expert....

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Because we have the gaming education to talk about an expert....

Uh, if the storytelling sucks and hes an expert than yes

oliacr
06-09-2014, 12:23 PM
I think game director and creative director is not the same. So we'll have both.

Shahkulu101
06-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Is there a difference between Creative Director and Game Director?

I think so cause on AC4 Jean Gudeson was CD and Lord Ashraf was GD.

dxsxhxcx
06-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Amancio is the creative director according to his linkedin profile
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/alexandre-amancio/2/b4/225

Mr_Shade
06-09-2014, 02:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_director

'A creative director is a vital role in all of the arts and entertainment industries. In another sense, they can be seen as another element in any product development process. The creative director may also assume the roles of an art director, copywriter, or lead designer. The responsibilities of a creative director include leading the communication design, interactive design, and concept forward in any work assigned. For example, this responsibility is often seen in industries related to advertisement. The creative director is known to guide a team of employees with skills and experience related to graphic design, fine arts, motion graphics, and other creative industry fields.'

http://www.whatgamesare.com/game-director.html

'Similar to the Hollywood model, many larger projects now have a game director. The game director is a creative lead over the whole project, and acts as the final arbiter of what is and is not permitted in the game. Game director is often considered a natural progression of the career of game designer, but some directors come from other disciplines such as art or programming.

Unlike a lead designer, who is often considered one among equals with other leads, the game director is the boss. In smaller studios, the game director role usually does not exist or is filled by a producer. '

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Shade!

So... it sounds like the game director role is a heavier role than the creative one. Seems reasonable since it's a huge project according to what we've heard (10 studios, etc).

Kirokill
06-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Creative Director: Ideas and designing, includes HUD and graphics related.

Game Director: Leader of game content.

That's what I thought.

Mr_Shade
06-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Of course - it does depend on the company / team - since some do other things - but that's the 'basic' roles - however as with everything in life, it's not always simple.. LOL

king-hailz
06-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Of course - it does depend on the company / team - since some do other things - but that's the 'basic' roles - however as with everything in life, it's not always simple.. LOL

Thanks Mr_Shade, but what was Ashraf Ismail's job in AC4.

Shahkulu101
06-09-2014, 02:40 PM
^ Game Director

As credited many times in the promotional material.

king-hailz
06-09-2014, 02:55 PM
^ Game Director

As credited many times in the promotional material.

Ok. Thanks. I have no idea how i forgot. Just thought ash was the creative director because of Alex Hutchinson.

souNdwAve89
06-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Ok. Thanks. I have no idea how i forgot. Just thought ash was the creative director because of Alex Hutchinson.

No, the previous user already commented on that. AC4's Creative Director is Jean Guesdon and Ashraf is the Game Director.