PDA

View Full Version : Tumblr is bad right now (also my own views over race ********)

FourDea123
06-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Hey jsut a warning Tumblr is like Radman times ten now so if you dont want a headache id leave it

its just come on because of setting it would be impossible to tell a story without bringing race into it and maybe they don't want that

Radman500
06-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Hey jsut a warning Tumblr is like Radman times ten now so if you dont want a headache id leave it

its just come on because of setting it would be impossible to tell a story without bringing race into it and maybe they don't want that

i mean i understand why they wont have a black character, i mean it is 18th century france

but they could of had a girl

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Tumblr is always full of overly sensitive people who find every little thing to complain about.

FourDea123
06-08-2014, 10:19 PM
yeah thats a good point
but they do in the concept have a female assassin so thier is deffo one in thier

adventurewomen
06-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Seriously you didn't need to create this thread.. quite frankly it's rude especially if you want other members to comment on them on this thread. Think about how the other person would feel put yourself in their shoes. If you have a problem with someone let them know via PM or inform the Moderators of this forum.

FourDea123
06-08-2014, 10:22 PM
as opposed to all the very necessary threads put up by Rad over the months about Arnies skin color

silvermercy
06-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Tumblr is always full of overly sensitive people who find every little thing to complain about.
THIS 100 times. As much as I love Tumblr, it is just full of social justice warriors. And not in a good way... You have the good and then you have the bad ones...
They remind of those people who go to innocent cat videos on YouTube and post comments like "This is animal cruelty! This kitty is so bored it's playing with its tail!! <-- true comment I saw once.

adventurewomen
06-08-2014, 10:24 PM
as opposed to all the very necessary threads put up by Rad over the months about Arnies skin color
Any member reserves the right to create threads, doesn't matter at the amount, if they have a great topic about them sure they can create their threads. I've seen no problem with Radman's threads.

If you don't want to see their threads, then use the Ignore feature of the forums, that's what it is there for use it.

rprkjj
06-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Any member reserves the right to create threads, doesn't matter at the amount, if they have a great topic about them sure they can create their threads. I've seen no problem with Radman's threads.

If you don't want to see their threads, then use the Ignore feature of the forums, that's what it is there for use it.

They're redundant clutter.

killzab
06-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Seriously you didn't need to create this thread.. quite frankly it's rude especially if you want other members to comment on them on this thread. Think about how the other person would feel put yourself in their shoes. If you have a problem with someone let them know via PM or inform the Moderators of this forum.

aren't you contradicting yourself ?

GunnerGalactico
06-08-2014, 10:28 PM
I've seen some of Radman's threads and sometimes he discusses constructive topics.

And I do stress sometimes

adventurewomen
06-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Also I'm 1/2 Mohawk and I've seen some racist comments about my heritage and race on other places regarding things that were seen in AC3 & ToKW.. on the internet not on these forums btw.. but you just have to try to ignore the comments if they hurt you.

--------------

aren't you contradicting yourself ?
Don't start.. :rolleyes:

I'm not it's just common sense..

ArabianFrost
06-08-2014, 10:29 PM

Adventure is right. If there isn't already a thread specifically dedicated to Radman's discussion, then he can make a new one.

The social justice warriors of tumblr strike once more!

killzab
06-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Adventure is right. If there isn't already a thread specifically dedicated to Radman's discussion, then he can make a new one.

Except he would everytime post his message in every major thread at the time AND create a thread for it

FourDea123
06-08-2014, 10:32 PM
"hey guys i think arnos two twelfths Cantonese... intriguing"

actual quote from radman

LoyalACFan
06-08-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm offended that a game set in 18th-century France stars white men with facial hair!

FourDea123
06-08-2014, 10:36 PM
dont you dare start on the facial hair (like thats fans key problem if they were shaved it would good and diverse apparently)

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Also I'm 1/2 Mohawk and I've seen some racist comments about my heritage and race on other places regarding things that were seen in AC3 & ToKW.. on the internet not on these forums btw.. but you just have to try to ignore the comments if they hurt you.

--------------

Don't start.. :rolleyes:

I'm not it's just common sense..

Are you sure? Because I seem to remember someone, not saying who, accusing me of doing this very thing on this very forum?

I'm joking btw :p

adventurewomen
06-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Are you sure? Because I seem to remember someone, not saying who, accusing me of doing this very thing on this very forum?

I'm joking btw :p
Well the stuff that I read on the internet comments regarding my heritage and race was that had made me annoyed.. nothing compared to anything you had said anyway these comments else where were on a whole different level...

silvermercy
06-08-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm offended that a game set in 18th-century France stars white men with facial hair!
Yeah, where are the women with facial hair!?

I-Like-Pie45
06-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Yeah, where are the women with facial hair!?

I think we should focus on giving females detailed arm hair before we go to the face

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Well the stuff that I read on the internet comments regarding my heritage and race was that had made me annoyed.. nothing compared to anything you had said anyway these comments else where were on a whole different level...
I believe you, but I never said or would saying anything like that, the things I don't like about Conor are about him as a person, not about anything else. But I don't want to get into a Conor debate so lets move on.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Listen... race is still a touchy subject and no, racism isn't dead. It WOULD be nice to see more than just white protagonists in games and Assassin's Creed has been pretty good about this. Hell, the first game featured a middle eastern hero. They've also had a half french/half black hero (who was also a female) as well as a full black hero. In the expanded material, they've had a female asian hero and so on.

Problem is, the black Assassin was just DLC for a game with a white hero (so not a FULL game) and the French/Black female Assassin was only in a handheld title which was later ported to consoles. It's not quite the same as having a full game released on consoles as a main entry for the series.

I would love to have a game set in China with a female Chinese Assassin as the protagonist and no, I don't want it to just be DLC for a different game OR a handheld title. I want it to be a full fledged entry into the main series.

Diversity isn't bad. In fact, it's great. So after Unity... I really hope we move away from 18th century European influence and embrace diversity when it comes to time periods and settings AS WELL as diversifying the protagonists. A Chinese female assassin, an Indian male assassin, an Elizabethan female assassin, and so on.

Locopells
06-09-2014, 12:57 AM
OK, before this take the place of the other thread on this topic, with the equal potential to end very nastily.

And not a particularly constructive OP either, whatever the motivation.