PDA

View Full Version : A few things I hope are in Unity, how about you?

pacmanate
06-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Seeing as this is a next gen only game, I was thinking about features they need to put in so it doesn't seem like just a graphical jump

In Unity I hope to see:

Rock climbing make a return
Snow make a return, deformable. Also maybe have it actually Snow instead of having the snow always be present.
Wisps of fog for atmosphere, smoke
A Wind system. Loved this in Watch Dogs, how Aidens trench coat flaps around. I would love to see this in AC. Would also be cool if this affected snow falling and rain.
Get rid of that stupid "must hit guard 5 times in a row before he dies" thing. It is so dumb. Basically a kill animation only happens after a certain amount of strikes. So say the kill animation happens on the 6th strike, you could just slash the guy up 5 times, wait 1 second, slash another 5 times, wait 1 second etc etc. That needs to go.

Are there any features you guys hope are in? Personally I hope Unity as a next gen project doesn't just mean graphics, draw distance etc. I want to see actual mechanics.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:29 PM
I doubt Ubisoft will bring back weather and especially doubt they'd add in wind physics.

Heck, I'm still waiting for actual water physics and blanket physics instead of just covering up water with splash effects and having characters lie on beds without blankets.

but these are minor minor minor gripes.

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Weather would be nice, better AI would also be sweet.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:31 PM
>Assassin's Creed
>Good AI

Ha.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2014, 08:31 PM
100% agree with the above !

I am really interested to see how Ubisoft are going to take advantage of the next generation architecture .

I am really anticipating highly detailed environments and from what I have heard the Nintendo Wii's GPU is so powerful that a games engine could be run completely of the GPU rather than the CPU but on topic this a fantastic opportunity to really exploit the Power of the Next Gen consoles with amazing weather affects and even atmospheric effects like the haze of a spring summer Night.

Megas_Doux
06-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Weather was great in AC IV, although the transitions were kinda drastic. I want Ubi to continue to improve that.

My list:

Platforming levels! A HUGE wasted chance in AC IV.
Bigger crowds.
Revamped combat.
Better AI.
Social Stealth.

SixKeys
06-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Why would they NOT bring back weather? I'm sure we can expect rain and fog at least. Snow is doubtful, depending on when the story takes place.

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
>Assassin's Creed
>Good AI

Ha.
shush you

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:35 PM
I should probably also list stuff aside from the physics engine. Let's see....

Plenty of alternate costumes to choose from.
Weapon upgrades that actually affect gameplay.
A well-written narrative.
Interesting cast of well-developed characters.
Revamped combat.
Fun exotic missions.
Crowds that can be manipulated to your benefit or to your disadvantage.
Better graphics...I guess....not to much where I can't run it....

@steve

a thousand pardons...

@sixkeys

my bad I thought by weather he meant like heavy snow.

Shahkulu101
06-08-2014, 08:35 PM
>Assassin's Creed
>Good AI

Ha.

This is true.

But after playing Watch_Dogs I really hope for good guard A.I - the stealth in W_D is great and I want something similar in AC: Unity. You know, a stealth system that actually works properly...

It's sad that this is too much to ask.

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 08:38 PM
I WANT MEMORY SYNC GONE. It does nothing but restrict freedom.

Sushiglutton
06-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Agree with OP, especially about wind. Think that would really add something especially when scaling high building. Then I hope for more indoor locations (escpecially famous landmarks) that you can enter seamlessly. A more interactive parkour system, a deeper combat system, better AI/stealth mechanics (hoping for these things every year). Hoping missions will rely primarily on core mechanics and be a mixture of open infiltration missions and more large scale set piece missions (aka few eavesdropping/tailing/chasing/pickpocket type missions).

I wish for a new approach to collectibles which is more about quality and less about quantity. In other words having fewer collectibles, but with some more meaningful ways to obtain them. No bloating! Don't mark generic chests on the mini-map and count them towards completion. Let there be things to discover in the open world that isn't marked anywhere. I would love to see tomb like missions make a return and take advantage of a fresh parkour system. Don't spam the map with generic activities to "provide value for the consumer".

Better HUD customization. This is a very easy way of improving the game for more experienced gamers. Let me turn of the SSI and still be able to tell what's in the chests. Don't display mission objectives at all times, with no way of turning them off.

As for the visuals I want more physics. Water, fire, smoke, wind, ice, snow, destructibility and so on.

This list should keep Ubi occupied for a while ;)!

LoyalACFan
06-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Above all else I simply want more realistic enemy behavior. Contextual posture changes would be nice too. W_D has spoiled me, it now seems strange when an Assassin is standing upright in a restricted zone.

Graphics have never been a huge selling point for me, I mean of course I hope it looks good, but being next-gen/PC only I should hope it is. I thought AC4 looked wonderful so there should be no issue there. Weather cycle... eh, I can take it or leave it. In the rural frontiersy environments of AC3 and 4 it was a must, but now that we're returning to urban Europe it's no longer a high priority for me, it would just be a bonus if it was there. Smoke and wind effects would be killer though.

oliacr
06-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Seeing as this is a next gen only game, I was thinking about features they need to put in so it doesn't seem like just a graphical jump

In Unity I hope to see:

Snow make a return, deformable. Also maybe have it actually Snow instead of having the snow always be present.
A Wind. Loved this in Watch Dogs, how Aidens trench coat flaps around. I would love to see this in AC. Would also be cool if this affected snow falling and rain.

Are there any features you guys hope are in? Personally I hope Unity as a next gen project doesn't just mean graphics, draw distance etc. I want to see actual mechanics.

I agree with all of your points. What I would like to see is snow or seasons. Rock climbing should make a return too. I wanna see horses again.

m4r-k7
06-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Oh my god yes I need wind + fog for atmoshpere. Would look awesome in Paris. Also with the wind thing it would look absolutely awesome if the bottom of his robes blew in the wind. In Arkham City Batmans cape blows in the wind so it can be done.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Actually with regards to features I wonder if our beloved Assassination Contracts will make return ? what kind of structure will they have to them ?

Could they possibly tie the Assassination Contracts in with the story to influence the possible outcomes ?

GunnerGalactico
06-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Above all else I simply want more realistic enemy behavior. Contextual posture changes would be nice too. W_D has spoiled me, it now seems strange when an Assassin is standing upright in a restricted zone.

Graphics have never been a huge selling point for me, I mean of course I hope it looks good, but being next-gen/PC only I should hope it is. I thought AC4 looked wonderful so there should be no issue there. Weather cycle... eh, I can take it or leave it. In the rural frontiersy environments of AC3 and 4 it was a must, but now that we're returning to urban Europe it's no longer a high priority for me, it would just be a bonus if it was there. Smoke and wind effects would be killer though.

^ This :)

m4r-k7
06-08-2014, 09:24 PM
I want them to get rid of the stupid kicking kills where you kick enemies into walls and stuff. It looks absolutely stupid and often it glitches making it look so sloppy. Please get rid of it and get more polished combat moves. For example, in AC 4 the single sworded kills were more polished in terms of animations than the duel swords. Give us more variety on weapons i.e. let us have the choice of dual / single swords, throwing knifes etc

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 09:28 PM
No! The kicking + ragdoll physics = hilarity! :rolleyes:

killzab
06-08-2014, 09:31 PM
I want them to bring back ACIII's combat or improve it, not like Black Flag's POS.

OH and copy in Watch Dogs's AI.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 09:33 PM
I didn't notice a difference in land combat in AC3 and AC4. What's the difference?

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 09:35 PM
I want them to bring back ACIII's combat or improve it, not like Black Flag's POS.

OH and copy in Watch Dogs's AI.

lol no, ACR had easily the best combat.

rprkjj
06-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Less of the clip-fest that is the recent combat system in the game. I want something that will reflect a refined swordsman, like Altair. I want the chance of success to dwindle at taking on 3 enemies at a time and then disappear at 6. I want the system to be deep and rewarding. I also want to get rid of the mission constraints. Like somebody else said, they only constrict freedom.

While I've played every AC game and have gotten used to the freerunning, it's broken. It's just not practical to have running and climbing mapped to the same button. Even before AC3 where you had to hold A and RT to run it was problematic. I want the game to be long, like, 15 sequences.

I feel that was a strong point of AC2, even if it was technically shorter than AC4. I want the game to follow Arno from birth to death. It's the only way I see myself and other fans getting closure and a real connection to the character, unless they plan to have a sequel with him. Also, I want them to completely change social stealth.

I want them to make it just as much as a viable option as SC style stealth, and I want them to compliment eachother. SC stealth in restricted areas and rooftops and then social stealth everywhere else. Honestly, just give me more options.

m4r-k7
06-08-2014, 09:39 PM
lol no, ACR had easily the best combat.

Yep ACR had the combination of traditional (AC 1 - AC R) counter attacking with combo's. Although the one thing I didn't like with AC R were the enemy archetypes (can't remember their names) who took ages to kill

Shahkulu101
06-08-2014, 09:41 PM
^ Jannisaries.

Megas_Doux
06-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I didn't notice a difference in land combat in AC3 and AC4. What's the difference?

AC IVs felt clunkier than AC IIʹs. Like a bad version of it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 09:42 PM
I didn't notice a difference, really. But you're probably right.

m4r-k7
06-08-2014, 09:43 PM
^ Jannisaries.

They are the ones - those bastards. So boring to kill them.

rprkjj
06-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I didn't notice a difference, really. But you're probably right.

I think some of the new animations were just jenkier. They looked glitched and clipped constantly. It doesn't help when you're fighting in the narrow streets and around the paths of the ship. Clipping is one of the most annoying things about AC for me, because it does it constantly.

rprkjj
06-08-2014, 09:47 PM

Honestly I think every enemy except for regulars and scouts should be as hard to kill. I like the power fantasy, but I also like the assassin simulation, so a balance of both would be good.

Wolfmeister1010
06-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Seasons are coming back. Trust me. Just trust me.

m4r-k7
06-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Honestly I think every enemy except for regulars and scouts should be as hard to kill. I like the power fantasy, but I also like the assassin simulation, so a balance of both would be good.

It wasn't that they were particularly hard. It was just very boring to kill them as all they did was defend everyone of your attacks. So it depended on countering their attacks 3 times in order to kill them which is slow, boring and repetitive.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Snow is useless to me if I can't make snowballs and throw them at templars.

Sigv4rd
06-08-2014, 10:08 PM
-Better AI
-Weather
-Improved Parkour
-Social Stealth

I-Like-Pie45
06-08-2014, 10:11 PM
-very beautifully detailed female arm hair
-escargot and cake
-animal abuse for PETA

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2014, 10:16 PM
-Better AI
-Weather
-Improved Parkour
-Social Stealth

Pretty much this ! in a nut shell .

I wonder how they will implement a currency system.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-08-2014, 10:38 PM
-Better AI
-Weather
-Improved Parkour
-Social Stealth

^ This.

Snow is useless to me if I can't make snowballs and throw them at templars.

^ Lol and this.

pacmanate
06-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Ah! Just thought of one.

Get rid of that stupid "must hit guard 5 times in a row before he dies" thing. It is so dumb. Basically a kill animation only happens after a certain amount of strikes. So say the kill animation happens on the 6th strike, you could just slash the guy up 5 times, wait 1 second, slash another 5 times, wait 1 second etc etc. That needs to go.

killzab
06-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Ah! Just thought of one.

OMG this

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Ah! Just thought of one.

Maybe I'm asking a bit too much but i just want a controlled realistic combat simulation to be implemented to Assassins Creed ? I mean for the sake of Cheese why don't these developers truly exploit the potential power of Next Generation CPU's and compliment the kill with glorious visuals of the Next Generation GPU's ?

Maybe Im expecting too much .

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-08-2014, 11:59 PM
I want rain to return which I'm sure it will. But yes, wind like in Watch_Dogs would be amazing. Seeing his coat tails flap or the hood subtly bending and moving in the wind.

I hope the white/red outfit color option returns. "Assassin White" is always my favorite, I don't care if it makes the Assassin stand out haha

I hopehopehopehope they significantly expand upon things to do in the game world. I want random events to pop up that we can optionally tackle or not: muggings, corrupt soldiers, thugs attacking civilians, store robberies, ambushes, etc. They should also be indefinite meaning there is no set number of muggings or store robberies or ambushes so that way, there's always stuff to do in the game world apart from starting fights with guards once the main story and side missions are completed.

JustPlainQuirky
06-09-2014, 01:52 AM
Forgot more things:

Playable Connor DLC
Hidden Mini Guillotine Weapon DLC

That's it.

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 01:59 AM
I want rain to return which I'm sure it will. But yes, wind like in Watch_Dogs would be amazing. Seeing his coat tails flap or the hood subtly bending and moving in the wind.

I hope the white/red outfit color option returns. "Assassin White" is always my favorite, I don't care if it makes the Assassin stand out haha

I hopehopehopehope they significantly expand upon things to do in the game world. I want random events to pop up that we can optionally tackle or not: muggings, corrupt soldiers, thugs attacking civilians, store robberies, ambushes, etc. They should also be indefinite meaning there is no set number of muggings or store robberies or ambushes so that way, there's always stuff to do in the game world apart from starting fights with guards once the main story and side missions are completed.

That might be a bit annoying. It works better in Red Dead because thats just a flat desert where you can see the random events a mile away and can avoid them pretty easily.

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 02:02 AM
That might be a bit annoying. It works better in Red Dead because thats just a flat desert where you can see the random events a mile away and can avoid them pretty easily.

No it wont. Just has to be like W_D. If random things happen and you help you get rewarded and if you dont help you dont get peniliZed. Thats what I liked about W_D you didnt get bad rep for not doing random crimes

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 02:03 AM
Forgot more things:

Hidden Mini Guillotine Weapon DLC

That's it.

Where is that picture you drew of the Assassins with the Guillotine on his back?

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 02:09 AM
No it wont. Just has to be like W_D. If random things happen and you help you get rewarded and if you dont help you dont get peniliZed. Thats what I liked about W_D you didnt get bad rep for not doing random crimes

How would you be notified? Using the animus as an excuse might feel cheap. He mentioned ambushes, and being notified of an ambush so you can set a waypoint and purposely walk into the ambush would be dumb.

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 02:12 AM
Well ambushes could be tied to high notoriety. Other events could be noTified by npcs. Maybe an NPC shouts for help, or an NPC is getting beat up like AC1, NPC runs up to you and asks for help but leads you to an ambush, NPC runs to you and notifies you of rebels fighting soldiers.

So many possibilities

JustPlainQuirky
06-09-2014, 02:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jm6NWV9.png

Nice and comfortable in my trash bin.

prince162010
06-09-2014, 02:35 AM
100% agree with the above !

Markaccus
06-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Ok, i am a tad late here, but this is what i want to see, if not in Unity, in a future AC game.

1)3rd person modern day stuff with a good story.

2)Platforming. AC2/B tombs style. these first two could even be combined. Using the animus to locate a hiding place for important artifacts, then seeking them out in modern day. Something like that.

3)A return having a Brotherhood (not the one from ac3 where you were stuck with the same 6 invincibles). Augment this with a mobile app a la kenways fleet mini-game so that you can send the assassins away while at work.

4) Special armours/outfits/weapons available to unlock earlier, so that there is more than just a couple of mem-sequences left by the time you get them.

dxsxhxcx
06-09-2014, 03:11 PM
- a better implementation of social stealth;
- (much) better AI;
- harder combat;
- more "meat" to the side missions story;
- a (much, much, much) better modern day story;
- improved mission design;
- optional investigations;
- tombs and puzzles;
- VR training room (similar to ACB's) with a free mode;
- the option to equip/unequip weapons/armor;
- poison blade (like it was in AC2);

Farlander1991
06-09-2014, 03:15 PM
In short, an overhaul and refocus of the core mechanics and pillars - that being social stealth, parkour and combat.

I loved AC4 as a conglomeration of all the best the AC series had to offer so far, but it's time to really move the mechanics forward.

Kirokill
06-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Eating.
Different combat style than fencing.
Better idle animations.
Easter eggs.
Better cheats.
Virtual Training return.
Freedom of equipment.
Windows break.

AssassinHMS
06-09-2014, 04:44 PM
I want the Assassin simulator back but a lot better than what it was in AC1. (And bring back INVESTIGATIONS but try to actually make them interesting varied and realistic)
I want revamped core mechanics (precise and higly ineractible parkour, challenging and somewhat realistic combat and a deep and realistic stealth).

I would also be very pleased if the npcs all have names, personalities, and daily routines, can be interacted with and provide random events and side missions.
I would like as well buildings that can be fully explored (most buildings and not just a few for one or two missions' sake).

I also woudn't mind if ACU places quality before quantity (only 6 or 7 weapons but that actually have different gameplay purposes and that can be removed freely; smaller world that feels varied, populated and alive, etc.)

JustPlainQuirky
06-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Being able to sit down in a chair.

Being able to eat at a table.

Being able to rent a hotel room and go to sleep in your fully rendered blanket.

Being able to buy a house.

Being able to get married.

Being able to have kids.

Being able to spank kids when misbehave.

Immersion x 1,000. Genius if I don't say so myself.

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 04:50 PM
I want the Assassin simulator back but a lot better than what it was in AC1. (And bring back INVESTIGATIONS but try to actually make them interesting varied and realistic)
I want revamped core mechanics (precise and higly ineractible parkour, challenging and somewhat realistic combat and a deep and realistic stealth).

I would also be very pleased if the npcs all have names, personalities, and daily routines, can be interacted with and provide random events and side missions.
I would like as well buildings that can be fully explored (most buildings and not just a few for one or two missions' sake).

I also woudn't mind if ACU places quality before quantity (only 6 or 7 weapons but that actually have different gameplay purposes and that can be removed freely; smaller world that feels varied, populated and alive, etc.)

I agree with most of that. Definitely want the AC 1 simulator feel back to the series. New parkour I think is happening (potentially horizontal wall running.) I want more varied combat and more realistic / polished combat animations - would be cool to have realistic sword fights. Want the intensity of AC 1 battles back. And I would like for little things to be added such as the wind blowing your robes, more fog and mist, more frequent weather changes. And I would like randomly generated side stuff to do post-game.

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Being able to sit down in a chair.

Being able to eat at a table.

Being able to rent a hotel room and go to sleep in your fully rendered blanket.

Being able to buy a house.

Being able to get married.

Being able to have kids.

Being able to spank kids when misbehave.

Immersion x 1,000. Genius if I don't say so myself.

YES. Next gen = spanking children

Ureh
06-09-2014, 06:26 PM
-Contextual blending spots.
-lots of new hiding spots (like curtains, tables, dresses, etc)
-able to throw guards into breakable objects in environment (like cakes, tables, market stands, scaffolding, glass, expensive antiques, etc)
-more interactive chases (like shooting chandeliers down to slow/stop the target or releasing a wagon filled with barrels to stop guards or cutting the tightrope etc)
-the ac2/acb style city-loading. The way that the entire city was being "constructed" by the animus was coooool dude
-lots of expletives in dialogue

Shahkulu101
06-09-2014, 06:31 PM
EVERYTHING that we saw in that trailer!

Zomg Zomg Zomg

I-Like-Pie45
06-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Most of it will be removed in the final game.

Ureh
06-09-2014, 06:44 PM

It's possible to finish off 8 Janissaries is about 30 seconds if you implement counter kills and the gun in your streaks.

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 07:25 PM
I hope single player is in it.

Locopells
06-09-2014, 07:27 PM
It will be, they'd lose too much by making it co-op only - like me and others have said, SC:Blacklist is probably the model we're looking at here.

Ureh
06-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Same here, it would be ridiculous if they make a franchise that always revolved around offline single-player suddenly require an internet connection and multiple players.

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 07:49 PM

A Wind system. Loved this in Watch Dogs, how Aidens trench coat flaps around. I would love to see this in AC. Would also be cool if this affected snow falling and rain.

Looks like they got the fog/smoke, wind (I think) and have given guards a health bar :D

Very impressed with the new parkour. The sideways climbing is cool as well as no recycled animations.

joose_2
06-10-2014, 01:42 AM
(1) I'd like to see a new animation system. There are so many instances in the past AC games where I'm in the middle of a kill, run, or climb animation where I want to change what I'm doing but I have to wait until the end of the animation and that ridiculous half-second lag period that follows.

(2) Better background music/noise (including the pause menu). This is one of the most annoying things about the game IMO.

(3) Protagonist character development needs to be much stronger. In AC4 it was really stupid to include the ongoing [spoiler....sort of] cutscenes about Edward's love life when the storyline didn't pertain to that at all. I want to know what drives Arno, why he's does what he does, how the killing affects him, etc. Would also be nice to know why the assassins kill the guards doing their jobs, regardless of how bad their jobs are, but this is AC so I doubt it.

(4) Either no hunting system or a completely new one (preferably none...there are much better ways of upgrading gear than hunting animals, especially in a setting like 18th century Paris)

LoyalACFan
06-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Crouching and cover is in! Woooooooo-hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joose_2
06-10-2014, 01:49 AM
2)Platforming. AC2/B tombs style. these first two could even be combined. Using the animus to locate a hiding place for important artifacts, then seeking them out in modern day. Something like that.

I want to have to find a way to a tomb but I'd like there to be multiple hard-to-find ways to get to the tomb.

3)A return having a Brotherhood (not the one from ac3 where you were stuck with the same 6 invincibles). Augment this with a mobile app a la kenways fleet mini-game so that you can send the assassins away while at work.

I didn't really care for the Kenway fleet thing because it was so, so boring and took way too long. Also, I would rather you get bonus cosmetic content and only a slight cash boost instead of like Kenway's fleet. The mobile app thing is a good idea though.

4) Special armours/outfits/weapons available to unlock earlier, so that there is more than just a couple of mem-sequences left by the time you get them.

Completely agree.

Markaccus
06-10-2014, 08:41 AM
(4) Either no hunting system or a completely new one (preferably none...there are much better ways of upgrading gear than hunting animals, especially in a setting like 18th century Paris)

Agree with this completely. The hunting, in my opinion, was an pointless side quest for not much gain. I bought all the items i required for upgrades. In Paris, i would expect a return to tailor shops for pouches et.c.

I also agree with your later post about kenways fleet taking a long time. It's fine once you have the ships, but 36 hours for main missions is steep. They could maybe design it so that the missions are shorter, but for a much smaller financial reward. Maybe the maximum length could be 10 hours, so you can send them away over night, and through your work-day (or school for you young-uns :D ).
Then have some at 20mins for when you are actually playing.