PDA

View Full Version : Game randomly slows down the entire system.

Zzzlol94
06-08-2014, 06:40 PM
I've had this problem a few times while trying to do a few full game speedruns for fun. What happens most of the time is, after a track, going straight to the bike selection screen and the game suddenly drops to 6FPS and uses 85-90% GPU, where normal is about 20% but CPU is at normal load about 10% and there's almost no activity on the SSD. When selecting the bike though and it goes through the animation to the loading, it goes back to normal. It seems such a weird thing, as it happens at the same place apparently. It slows down the entire system to the same framerate, which I can see easily while being in-game by looking at livesplit, as it runs ridiculously slow as well (and it has nothing to do with the slowdowns, I tested that already). It happened at other places as well, but it seems to be only happening on a few tracks on Cactus Challenge. Once it lasted for about a minute while playing on one of the tracks.

Starting up the game, I play through all the tracks, but when I get to the 3rd and/or 4th in Cactus Challenge it starts lagging on the bike selection. But it makes no sense because it never happens on the 1st track. I can easily reproduce it and test it further, as it happens every single time.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
Intel i7-920 @2.8GHz
8GB DDR3
Game installation: Samsung 830 SSD 256GB OS: 1TB HDD both running on SATA 2.0
ZOTAC GTX 680 2GB