PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: New Material option

The_McCheshire
06-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Hello guys, after recently using the editor quite a fair but to release one of my new tracks I couldn't help but realise how clean everything was (Like you never heard that complaint on the forums before) and so to tackle this issue, I have devised a plan the developers may or may not want to take any notice of, but that's OK ;)
My idea is to introduce a new option on the material section in an object's settings, from here an editor is usually able to customise the colour, roughness and how much glow it emits , so my question is... why cant there be an option for how dirty that particular object is?
this idea will surely help editors produce a more atmospheric and dramatic looking track if perhaps a ramp or even a whole building is covered in a layer of dirt. Ill be the first to admit that this idea is quite a bit far fetched considering how much reworking that must be done to create these new textures but hopefully it will be worthwhile :)
Here me out guys :p

fleskeknoke
06-08-2014, 06:49 PM
yes absolutely, there should be a slider for dirt, and one for corrosion that literally ate holes/parts of the objects.

ObeseSpectator
06-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Nice idea, like fleskeknoke said above corrosion might make for a more appropriate slider on metallic objects, but for practical purposes dirt might look like rust anyways. Although, confusion might be created as a result of too many categories, so perhaps a more universal slider like "decay" or "wear" would suffice.