PDA

View Full Version : When will the Uplay game save sync issue be fixed ?

Dicehunter
06-06-2014, 09:27 PM
So I went to press play a few days ago and noticed my save game was gone, Like completely erased which seriously pi**ed me off as I had about 40 hours on this.

I also noticed for some reason the Uplay game saves are not being uploaded/synced anymore, Any update on this ?

Locopells
06-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Cloud sync is still disabled for the moment - no news on when it will come back, sorry.

Lovecommunity
06-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi,

same Problems here, 40 hours play time and the save is lost! Please recover the saves, 40 hours are a long time...

Gre Micha

Locopells
06-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Check your save folder, there might be something you can use.

Dicehunter
06-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Check your save folder, there might be something you can use.

Sadly not, Checked and nothing is there, Lots of people I know have had this happen as well, Uplay needs some serious work, It's decades behind steam. *Slight exaggeration but you get my drift*

YazX_
06-08-2014, 12:14 AM
well i believe the cloud sync is not coming back for AC4 due to numerous problems it, anyway, since the same problem is repeating itself with watch dogs, i know its somehow late but i created a dynamic backup/restore tool for all Ubisoft current games and future, check it out.

Speedy_PC
06-08-2014, 06:24 AM
G'day all,

I've solve my own problem with my save game file all I had to do is just turn off the cloud sync and that's it see screenshot below.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/18514/m_20140608-jaly-54kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/18514/20140608-jaly-54kb)

YazX_
06-08-2014, 10:45 AM
G'day all,

I've solve my own problem with my save game file all I had to do is just turn off the cloud sync and that's it see screenshot below.

AC4 cloud sync support for saves has been taken down long time ago due to many people lost their saves, so this option doesnt affect it, the OP is wondering on when the this feature is coming back which i highly doubt it would.

rock3ru1984
06-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Hello !

IMO cloud sync is the next step in game saving progress for games that require an active internet connection to be played.
I lost all my progress and i had the game synced like 90% sometime ago when i had to reinstall my OS.
Even the cloud save from the Witcher 2 works and i love it.
Myself i don't like to do manually back-ups of my save games.
I didn't feel any issue while the cloud sync was active. It's such a pitty a feature like this had to be disabled.
I was counting on it for the fact that i don't have to worry about the safety of my savegame files.
Things are going only backwards.

Dicehunter
06-10-2014, 04:19 AM
Hello !

IMO cloud sync is the next step in game saving progress for games that require an active internet connection to be played.
I lost all my progress and i had the game synced like 90% sometime ago when i had to reinstall my OS.
Even the cloud save from the Witcher 2 works and i love it.
Myself i don't like to do manually back-ups of my save games.
I didn't feel any issue while the cloud sync was active. It's such a pitty a feature like this had to be disabled.
I was counting on it for the fact that i don't have to worry about the safety of my savegame files.
Things are going only backwards.

99% of cloud saves work apart from a lot of Ubisofts as their Uplay client needs a lot of work which sadly it is not getting for some reason.

I wish they would just shut it down and port it all over to Steam where simple things like cloud saves have been working for years now.

The idea behind Uplay is a good one, I enjoy it's features when they work but it is a dead end in it's current state.

The dev team don't update it enough or fix problems enough that the community reports a good example being the AC4 cloud save, They just disabled it instead of fixing it.

Steam gets an update every day or 2 that help problems customers report, The same goes for Origin if at a slower rate.

Unless the dev team stop sitting on their hands Uplay will die a slow painful death.

Ommicrone
06-19-2014, 07:04 AM
Closed/