PDA

View Full Version : Something needs to be done about resurrection cost!

ChocolateSpder
06-05-2014, 10:56 PM
I'm at level 40 now and its costing 20k silver a time to res glads!! I don't know if it gets higher towards 50 but this is insane! Especially when I seem to lose most fights online due to lag. 5 deaths is 100k. 200k gets a decent piece of equipment. I don't know if it's just me that seems to get so crippled by this but I think it should be lower.

VANDAMAG3
06-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Lol, this allot better than before the major patch about 5-6 months ago. You have hit the resurrection ceiling my friend, for prices don't go higher. To make you appreciate how it is now let me paint you a mental picture of what it used to be.

First reserection per glad was free then it was like 500 silver, 1000 silver, 2000, 4000, then around there it cost gold and doubled Every time: 2 Gold, 4, 8, 16, etc.

I'll take a flat silver rate all day!

MystifiedTiger
06-12-2014, 12:04 PM
20,000 may seem a bit steep but as VANDAMG3 nailed it in 1 its better than paying the gold this game was stupidly frustrating back in the early days.i know this game is frustrating now but back in the days before the patch the game was so frustrating it made you want to rip your own teeth out lol

VANDAMAG3
06-13-2014, 07:04 AM
It's not hard to earn silver, fight offline in upper districts, make use of silver boosts from daily rewards, and play online. Also you don't have to resurrect a glad right away, he will stay in your lanista but have a skull icon. If you don't have the coin at least you can hold onto him until you do.

Before the Big patch, if you didn't resurrect when they were executed the fighter was foresaken and gone forever.

Enigma_B_
08-19-2014, 04:30 AM
20k is the max resurrection cost. Yes it's super steep but, that's not what upsets me about it. What upsets me is that they're global. Let's say you have Gladiator A and Gladiator B. Gladiator A is your main guy, use him all the time and died a lot. Gladiator A maxes out at 20k resurrection cost. Then, you switch to Gladiator B, who you've rarely used and has never died. He dies once and it's 20k for him as well...

What i'd like to see are resurrection costs dependent on the gladiator. Either based on the number of times that gladiator has died or on the color rank of that gladiator. That would be nice..

To help with silver, I usually buy a white named character and fight him in the pits until he dies. When he does, I just delete him, buy another. Rinse and Repeat.

Dalivus
08-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Honestly I kind of liked the permadeath of the original release. Buy a gladiator and his first death was free. Typically I don't resurrect my guys at all. Granted most of my gladiators are 420 silver/white named guys that I make more money on their death than what they cost me. I suppose if you have someone with specific perks you don't want to lose then its worth it but I really don't think these guys should be immortal. It really takes away the risk from high level fighters with near-endless money.