PDA

View Full Version : Say Hello to Unity's Protagonist and friends

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Wolfmeister1010
06-08-2014, 07:48 PM
I think they could have 1 woman on the team. They usually do in 4 player co-op games.

Yeah and they HAVE a female assassin who seems to be a major character lol. I mean..4 men, fine. But 4 WHITE, BEARDED MALES WITH INTERCHANGEABLE OUTFITS is too much.

killzab
06-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Yeah and they HAVE a female assassin who seems to be a major character lol. I mean..4 men, fine. But 4 WHITE, BEARDED MALES WITH INTERCHANGEABLE OUTFITS is too much.

AGREED they should've had: 1 young confident guy ( Arnaud) 1 older guy , 1 black guy and 1 girl, would be better IMO

Shahkulu101
06-08-2014, 07:51 PM
AGREED they should've had: 1 young confident guy ( Arnaud) 1 older guy , 1 black guy and 1 girl, would be better IMO

Assassin's Creed: PC

Wolfmeister1010
06-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Like, shave two of them and I would feel better. Honest to God.

Whatever, ALL of this is fake to me until e3 tomorrow.

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 07:53 PM
They look like recruits to me. Which is a shame because I was hoping recruiting would be gone. But as we all know Ubisoft loves to recycle it's mechanics.
tbh I liked the idea of recruits, I'm just hoping if it is recruits they act more like they did in ACR rather then AC3 maybe with some updated mechanics.

Reptilis91
Charlotte Corday will be in the game, mark my words.

JustPlainQuirky
Lol poor Radman.

Locopells
06-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Does no one here think they're going for a Three Musketeers thing?!

Not to mention that we don't acutally know what they're doing yet, so it's a little early to get pissed about it...

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Whatever, ALL of this is fake to me until e3 tomorrow.
Maybe not fake but we definitely do not have the whole picture. I just wish we could reign in presumptions a little.

TheHumanTowel
06-08-2014, 07:56 PM
tbh I liked the idea of recruits, I'm just hoping if it is recruits they act more like they did in ACR rather then AC3 maybe with some updated mechanics.
I wouldn't mind being able to order recruits to assassinate a guard or cause a distraction. But the tedious recruiting and levelling by sending on missions thing can go away.

Wolfmeister1010
06-08-2014, 07:56 PM

Not to mention that we don't acutally know what they're doing yet, so it's a little early to get pissed about it...

I sure am pooped though after this barrage of info the past few days ;p

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Was the Three musketeers even a thing during that time? Unless ur talking about gameplay-wise. If so, I don't think so.

And locopels, now that Co-op is 99% confirmed, I do believe that PC co-op recruit thread is in order. Or are you going to wait until official confirmation tomorrow when the forum is flooded with threads? :rolleyes:

sem1rek
06-08-2014, 07:58 PM

It was first thing that came to my mind yesterday, when I saw E3 banner :)

Radman500
06-08-2014, 08:00 PM
arno is tanned, which means he is most likely middle eastern, or half african...he is not white

no proof that he is white

Locopells
06-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Was the Three musketeers even a thing during that time? Unless ur talking about gameplay-wise. If so, I don't think so.

And locopels, now that Co-op is 99% confirmed, I do believe that PC co-op recruit thread is in order. Or are you going to wait until official confirmation tomorrow when the forum is flooded with threads? :rolleyes:

Alright, I'll get onto it in a bit.

killzab
06-08-2014, 08:01 PM
It was first thing that came to my mind yesterday, when I saw E3 banner :)

So these four assassins would meet Alexandre Dumas and he would inspire him the story of D'Artagnan ( Arnaud) and the Three Musketeers ? not bad.

Shahkulu101
06-08-2014, 08:02 PM
arno is tanned, which means he is most likely middle eastern, or half african...he is not white

I'm dying

Megas_Doux
06-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't mind being able to order recruits to assassinate a guard or cause a distraction. But the tedious recruiting and levelling by sending on missions thing can go away.

May be you level them by doing those co-op missions this time.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Radman whatever you do never stop being yourself.

Radman500
06-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm dying

are you just saying he is white, but tanned?

Reptilis91

WTH is wrong with you

DinoSteve1

What is wrong with you?

Tenvern
Is Radman serious?
I don't understand anymore.. Is he like the forum jester or something?!
SHUT UP ABOUT THE DAMN SKIN TONE!

killzab

Now we know he is a troll, can he get banned now ?

Megas_Doux
06-08-2014, 08:06 PM
You can be caucasic and yet a little bit tanned. That is quite a common in mediterranean countries such as Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal......
GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shahkulu101

That's what it appears like to me

GunnerGalactico
Is Radman serious?
I don't understand anymore.. Is he like the forum jester or something?!
SHUT UP ABOUT THE DAMN SKIN TONE!

Just read 5 pages ...my sides are hurting :cool:

frodrigues55
06-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Im so curious to find out how far off we are... although all the promo material is SCREAMING 4 players Coop.

I hope we get a better look on Arnaldo's face too (gameplay, I mean. CGI always change).

Guys, you should really stop hoping for Connor lol. Developers have said time and time again they dont see Connor in any other game, I dont know why everyone keeps bringing him up at every new hooded picture lol. If he gets a bonus, great....

If the DLC is exclusive to PS4 I will officially complain about Ubi's anti-consumer practices. At least bring it to PC, guys.

To be fair, all of the PS exclusive content so far was brought to PC, so I wouldnt worry! Oh and your sig is PURE GOLD. Probably the best signature I have seen here!

Shahkulu101
06-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Now we know he is a troll, can he get banned now ?

Don't ban him, he's hilarious.

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 08:08 PM
You can be caucasic and yet a little bit tanned. That is quite a common in mediterranean countries such as Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal......
GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol I know a guy that during the winter hes as white as a snowflake and during the summer you'd mistake him for a black dude.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:09 PM
I agree with Shah. Keep Radman. He's rad.

@fro

Well if it comes to PC I'm good. I don't respect microsoft as a company anyway.

And thank you ol chap.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2014, 08:11 PM

Either you was Drunk when you wrote this or just plain utter stupid !! I have a Tanned skin complexion so does that mean I am middle Eastern ?

On topic i have to agree with Wolfmeister that until tomorrow I am taking everything with a pinch of Salt

pacmanate
06-08-2014, 08:15 PM
I agree with Shah. Keep Radman. He's rad.

He's really not.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:17 PM
I find him hilarious. But if he's that much of a hindrance I understand. I come from forum sites where plenty trolls roam so I'm used to it. If he needs to be banned then by all means locopels do the deed. Not that I have much say anyway.

king-hailz
06-08-2014, 08:18 PM
OMG SOOOOOO HOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!
(and im not even gay)

https://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-0/10405655_511956372238610_1028251023907627555_n.jpg

pacmanate
06-08-2014, 08:19 PM
I find him hilarious. But if he's that much of a hindrance I understand. I come from forum sites where plenty trolls roam so I'm used to it. If he needs to be banned then by all means locopels do the deed. Not that I have much say anyway.

He should at least get an infraction for spam. 8 posts just about skin colour in different threads and then the sheer amount of threads he makes is a joke.

DinoSteve1
You should have seen the Bioware boards back in the good old days, it use to be hilarious.

Megas_Doux
I mean, why so obsessed with his race, what is this, Stormfront????

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Congrats on 13,000 posts pacmate

and i understand, brah.

GunnerGalactico
06-08-2014, 08:21 PM
(and im not even gay)

https://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-0/10405655_511956372238610_1028251023907627555_n.jpg

If that's what his outfit looks like in the final design... then I'm liking it very much ;)

SixKeys
06-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Found in my inbox. Hnnnngh, dat outfit.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2zzkoro.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:22 PM
gotta love Arno's baby beak.

Megas_Doux
06-08-2014, 08:24 PM
could anyone send me that stream link?

rprkjj
06-08-2014, 08:24 PM
gotta love Arno's baby beak.

Probably why we can't see it in the trailer.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:27 PM
To me it felt like people complained and the developers were like:

"oh shoot we forgot to include the beak"

"just put a small one in there"

"alrighty then" *renders small beak* "perfect"

SixKeys
06-08-2014, 08:30 PM
I hope the beak gets smaller with each release until it's so minuscule you can't even see it.

killzab
06-08-2014, 08:31 PM
i hope the beak gets smaller with each release until it's so minuscule you can't even see it.

what ?!

Megas_Doux
06-08-2014, 08:33 PM
I could not care less about the beaked hood also.

SixKeys
06-08-2014, 08:36 PM
what ?!

I'm sick of the beak. It's not necessary, especially since we're no longer following Desmond. The beak was a cute unifying factor for all his ancestors, but it's not bloody essential.

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 08:36 PM
I hope the beak gets smaller with each release until it's so minuscule you can't even see it.
It shouldn't have but this had me in stitches.

killzab
06-08-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm sick of the beak. It's not necessary, especially since we're no longer following Desmond. The beak was a cute unifying factor for all his ancestors, but it's not bloody essential.

Which is funny since Desmond didn't even have one

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Sixkeys speaks heresy! Burn the witch!

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Beaked hood does not bother me the slightest but I will say I am not sure I am liking the Crossbow Attachment on the hidden blade ? I mean if the Assassins wants remain incognito that very design is technically breaking One of the main tenants in the creed ( Hide in Plain Site ) .

I hope for the sake of cheese that this an optional customisable tool.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:41 PM
So we have the hidden blade, the hidden gun, the hidden crossbow, what's next?

Megas_Doux
06-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Beaked hI mean if the Assassins wants remain incognito that very design is technically breaking One of the main tenants in the creed ( Hide in Plain Site ) .

To me, nothing breask that rule more than ACB´outfit, Ezio looks like a white version of Batman haha.

Hans684
06-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Beaked hood does not bother me the slightest but I will say I am not sure I am liking the Crossbow Attachment on the hidden blade ? I mean if the Assassins wants remain incognito that very design is technically breaking One of the main tenants in the creed ( Hide in Plain Site ) .

It has existed by the name Hidden Bolt and made by Da Vince. And a Hidden Crossbow is hardly the biggest ting making the Assassins seen. They have been standing out since day 1.

GunnerGalactico
06-08-2014, 08:43 PM
So we have the hidden blade, the hidden gun, the hidden crossbow, what's next?

A hidden flame thrower

* sorry, couldn't resist :p *

ArabianFrost
06-08-2014, 08:44 PM

You know it probably is retractable. Discretion aside, I'd imagine it would be pretty uncomfortable to have a loaded crossbow on your wrist at all times.

Hans684
06-08-2014, 08:45 PM
A hidden flame thrower

* sorry, couldn't resist :p *

It actually could be possible with a MD AC.

Shahkulu101
06-08-2014, 08:47 PM
It actually could be possible with a MD AC.

Why would a flamethrower have to be inconspicuous - moreover HOW could a flamethrower be inconspicuous lol?

LoyalACFan
06-08-2014, 08:47 PM
... No way in hell am I sifting through all 60 pages that have been posted since I was last in this thread, but do you know what would be awesome? If Arno was in some sort of leadership position (not necessarily Mentor) and the other Assassins we're seeing were his recruits (meaning that the three bearded men Wolfmeister is decrying wouldn't necessarily be the only ones) only now, we can control them when they're on missions. Think of it this way; each game already releases a bunch of extra multiplayer maps not seen in the SP mode. What if you could send your Assassins to these locations for one-off missions like Ezio's recruits, potentially meaning they could be all across the globe? Alternatively, if you didn't want to play as them during that mission, you could send them off and the mission could be picked up by another player. It would be like Watch_Dogs' matchmaking in that respect. Simply send your recruit off and allow them to be matched up and assigned to another player who would in turn get money/XP/whatever for completing your contract, and when they finished, your recruit would return to you leveled up?

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2014, 08:49 PM
It has existed by the name Hidden Bolt and made by Da Vince. And a Hidden Crossbow is hardly the biggest ting making the Assassins seen. They have been standing out since day 1.

​Hidden Bolt ? Interesting I'm going to have to research this but looking at the design Cant see anything remotely hidden about it.

But As both yourself and Megas said Assassins have been looking pretty obvious since Altair !! the biggest irony of the creed .

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:50 PM
How about for modern day a hidden taser? :rolleyes:

Shock opponents.

LatinaC09
06-08-2014, 08:50 PM
(and im not even gay)

Nice! It's interesting that the beaked hood is back (not that I care either way lol). I'm loving the new Assassin robes :)

GunnerGalactico
06-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Why would a flamethrower have to be inconspicuous - moreover HOW could a flamethrower be inconspicuous lol?

Relax... it was just a joke.

killzab
06-08-2014, 08:52 PM
How about for modern day a hidden taser? :rolleyes:

Shock opponents.

Already exists

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Shock_blade.jpg

Shahkulu101
06-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Relax... it was just a joke.

And so was I...hence the lol

Relax. :rolleyes:

Codarsnacht
06-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi,
Sorry if this has been posted already but I don't think it has so here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpoC3CJCYAEBXn3.png

From Access The Animus Twitter page

it's a small picture, but I do like the character designs.

Again, sorry if this has been posted but I haven't seen it around here... or maybe it's old and I'm just too late? In that case ignore me! :P

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Wait, when did we get the shock blade??? :nonchalance:

@codar

yeah has been posted already.

Codarsnacht
06-08-2014, 08:56 PM
lol whoops! Just thought I'd post it in case ye didn't see it.

killzab
06-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Wait, when did we get the shock blade??? :nonchalance:

@codar

yeah has been posted already.

It's an unused concept art, you know from when Modern Day was supposed to be important.

JustPlainQuirky
06-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Oh ho ho.

Modern day. Important.

Good times.

LoyalACFan
06-08-2014, 08:58 PM
lol whoops! Just thought I'd post it in case ye didn't see it.

It was a good addition anyway, the old one got buried. This thread is on fire.

GunnerGalactico
06-08-2014, 09:01 PM
It was a good addition anyway, the old one got buried. This thread is on fire.

Actually, you should've been here yesterday... it was ablaze :p

Sushiglutton
06-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Hi,
Sorry if this has been posted already but I don't think it has so here:

From Access The Animus Twitter page

it's a small picture, but I do like the character designs.

Again, sorry if this has been posted but I haven't seen it around here... or maybe it's old and I'm just too late? In that case ignore me! :P

Interestsing. I mean I think four player co-op is like a 99.99% certainty at this point. Wonder if we will be able to carry muskets on the back this time around

ArabianFrost
06-08-2014, 09:04 PM
... No way in hell am I sifting through all 60 pages that have been posted since I was last in this thread, but do you know what would be awesome? If Arno was in some sort of leadership position (not necessarily Mentor) and the other Assassins we're seeing were his recruits (meaning that the three bearded men Wolfmeister is decrying wouldn't necessarily be the only ones) only now, we can control them when they're on missions. Think of it this way; each game already releases a bunch of extra multiplayer maps not seen in the SP mode. What if you could send your Assassins to these locations for one-off missions like Ezio's recruits, potentially meaning they could be all across the globe? Alternatively, if you didn't want to play as them during that mission, you could send them off and the mission could be picked up by another player. It would be like Watch_Dogs' matchmaking in that respect. Simply send your recruit off and allow them to be matched up and assigned to another player who would in turn get money/XP/whatever for completing your contract, and when they finished, your recruit would return to you leveled up?

That is ALOT of mission design for something that's supposed to be a sidequest, unless Ubisoft found a way to make randomly-generated assassinations, it's rather unlikely. And sending this to other locations around the globe? Ubi can barely position us in one city without putting all sorts of hidden walls. I'd hope for that, but Ubi isn't one for taking such risks.

LoyalACFan
06-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Interestsing. I mean I think four player co-op is like a 99.99% certainty at this point. Wonder if we will be able to carry muskets on the back this time around

If the picture is any indication, I'm thinking each Assassin will have their own unique arsenal. Meaning one will carry a rifle, one will have a heavy weapon, etc. Also, I don't necessarily think it's co-op :) I posted a theory a few pages back but I guess it was easy to miss with this thread being as big as it is, lol.

In any case, I hope we aren't forced to carry anything on Arno's back. That outfit is so sophisticated and elegant, I'd hate to see it get ruined by a huge ugly rifle sticking up over his shoulder.

That is ALOT of mission design for something that's supposed to be a sidequest, unless Ubisoft found a way to make randomly-generated assassinations, it's rather unlikely. And sending this to other locations around the globe? Ubi can barely position us in one city without putting all sorts of hidden walls. I'd hope for that, but Ubi isn't one for taking such risks.

My point was that they already make a bunch of extra maps for MP anyway. This would be kind of the same thing, potentially even using the same maps that are used for MP. Also, it's not THAT much mission design if the mission is just "find target and kill him." And it would be more than a side quest; it would be the co-op mode people have been asking for if you sent more than one Assassin.

king-hailz
06-08-2014, 09:13 PM
His outfit looks like this!!! But arno is sexier!!!
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/315/a/9/connor_captain_of_the_aquila_outfit_by_okmer-d5knqe9.jpg

Sushiglutton
06-08-2014, 09:18 PM
If the picture is any indication, I'm thinking each Assassin will have their own unique arsenal. Meaning one will carry a rifle, one will have a heavy weapon, etc. Also, I don't necessarily think it's co-op :) I posted a theory a few pages back but I guess it was easy to miss with this thread being as big as it is, lol.

In any case, I hope we aren't forced to carry anything on Arno's back. That outfit is so sophisticated and elegant, I'd hate to see it get ruined by a huge ugly rifle sticking up over his shoulder.

It's just not the pic though, Co-op has been rumoured for a while and I think it would make a lot of sense given how next-gen is perceived by the big companies (aka as a connected, always online, experience). Your theory may ofc also be true, but for now my money is on the co-op (that said, my predictions are rarely correct)

Hans684
06-08-2014, 09:20 PM
​Hidden Bolt ? Interesting I'm going to have to research this but looking at the design Cant see anything remotely hidden about it.

But As both yourself and Megas said Assassins have been looking pretty obvious since Altair !! the biggest irony of the creed .

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Blade#Da_Vinci

Da Vinci

"I ask if he can arm a crossbow bolt beneath my wrist. He ponders for a moment and declares it possible, but expensive."
―Francesco Vecellio asking Leonardo to create the Hidden Bolt.

Upon his arrival in Rome, Leonardo envisioned further improvements to the Hidden Blade, such as a poison dart launcher, which allowed the use of the Poison Blade from a distance.

Leonardo also designed and built the Hidden Bolt, a weapon that could fire small crossbow bolts, upon the request of Francesco Vecellio. As Francesco was only an apprentice at the time, Ezio had not allowed him to use the Hidden Gun, and so Francesco had devised a similar, though lighter, alternative.

prince162010
06-08-2014, 10:19 PM
I want to know guys how did you get these countdown pics ?? someone said that he found arno's pic in his inbox

LoyalACFan
06-08-2014, 10:20 PM
It's just not the pic though, Co-op has been rumoured for a while and I think it would make a lot of sense given how next-gen is perceived by the big companies (aka as a connected, always online, experience). Your theory may ofc also be true, but for now my money is on the co-op (that said, my predictions are rarely correct)

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it probably is co-op. I'm just saying the four-character image doesn't confirm it, any more than this picture confirmed it for Brotherhood ;)

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/11/23/1225959/478033-switchedon-brotherhood.jpg

rprkjj
06-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it probably is co-op. I'm just saying the four-character image doesn't confirm it, any more than this picture confirmed it for Brotherhood ;)

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/11/23/1225959/478033-switchedon-brotherhood.jpg

I was actually disappointed when the recruits ended up looking the same fully upgraded with color swaps.

LoyalACFan
06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I was actually disappointed when the recruits ended up looking the same fully upgraded with color swaps.

Que? They get Ezio's white outfit when you fully upgrade them, with no color swaps available. I actually thought it looked cool since I always changed Ezio's robes to black, but I would have appreciated some options.

deskp
06-08-2014, 10:30 PM

Except Arno, the others don't seems to have a strong personnality.. Maybe the same multiplayer mode as Watch Dogs, you play always Arno, your friends play always Arno too but they see you as a random character and you see them as a random character (so no women).

well they all represent a playstyle. Heavy/axe, Sword, Guns/pistols, and stealth/poison.

Sigv4rd
06-08-2014, 10:42 PM

I think their just trying to show that Arnaudicus Maximus is the Assassin mentor, and these are his apprentices.

DinoSteve1
06-08-2014, 10:45 PM
well they all represent a playstyle. Heavy/axe, Sword, Guns/pistols, and stealth/poison.
Recruits from ACB and ACR would gain the ability to use those things.

SixKeys
06-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Que? They get Ezio's white outfit when you fully upgrade them, with no color swaps available. I actually thought it looked cool since I always changed Ezio's robes to black, but I would have appreciated some options.

Their capes are still different a different color even after they get the master assassin robes. I didn't realize that until my last playthrough.

LoyalACFan
06-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Their capes are still different a different color even after they get the master assassin robes. I didn't realize that until my last playthrough.

They don't get capes at all until they're initiated though...

prince162010
06-09-2014, 12:55 AM
I think you've missed something between these two pics
who can figure out what was that thing?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/1236286_405367072937933_8830283876728016026_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10400809_511922172242030_2397817167298610403_n.jpg

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 12:58 AM

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 01:01 AM

The green one just looks mischievous as hell.

JustPlainQuirky
06-09-2014, 01:02 AM
If the 3 other assassins are actual plot-relevant characters and not random recruits, I can see people shipping the hell outta them.

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 01:05 AM
I think you've missed something between these two pics
who can figure out what was that thing?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/1236286_405367072937933_8830283876728016026_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10400809_511922172242030_2397817167298610403_n.jpg
His cravat is tucked in on the first pic :O

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 01:06 AM
The one thing that changes how I feel about an AC game when they first show it off is how it looks. Just in how the mechanics seem to work. Like how AC2 felt a lot different then AC1, and how AC3 felt different then the Ezio trilogy. Even AC4 felt pretty similar to AC3 even with the open-world naval. Naval felt like they added another game on top of Assassins Creed, instead of revamping the core of AC. I did appreciate the subtle changes like better guard placement, tagging enemies, ect.

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 01:08 AM

He also looks wider in the first one. It's always weird how for characters like Edward and Ezio the concept art portrays them as more bulky than in game.

Locopells
06-09-2014, 01:10 AM
So these four assassins would meet Alexandre Dumas and he would inspire him the story of D'Artagnan (Arnaud) and the Three Musketeers? not bad.

Something like that!

I-Like-Pie45
06-09-2014, 01:15 AM
Alexander Dumas wouldn't be born until 1802, and by then, the FR would have already ended with Napoleon in power...

pacmanate
06-09-2014, 01:17 AM
He also looks wider in the first one. It's always weird how for characters like Edward and Ezio the concept art portrays them as more bulky than in game.

Mm, either way, either one is fine to me. He does look slightly bulkier in the top one but it could be due to him having his arms straight by his side. If theres one thing AC renders have taught me is they never look like their in game models so we shall see what he looks like haha

deskp
06-09-2014, 01:29 AM

Would be fun if it pops out when you freerun, and one of his idle animations is tucking it back in. thats next gen. ;D

JustPlainQuirky
06-09-2014, 01:31 AM
A seperate button for putting on hood.

A seperate button for tucking in cravat.

Do it Ubisoft.

It's genius I tell you.

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 01:33 AM

Do it Ubisoft.

It's genius I tell you.

Hopefully there's a mission where Arno sits at dinner with his target and whenever his cravat comes loose he gains suspicion.

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 01:33 AM

pfft this is nothing if you have ever seen a Bioware trailer, the characters from the trailers look nothing like their in game versions.

Alexander Dumas wouldn't be born until 1802, and by then, the FR would have already ended with Napoleon in power...

Now whenever anyone mentions Dumas, all I can think about is this guy.

http://i62.tinypic.com/29p81hs.jpg

rprkjj
06-09-2014, 01:34 AM
pfft this is nothing if you have ever seen a Bioware trailer, the characters from the trailers look nothing like their in game versions.

Yeah, even Shepherd on the ME1 box art looks completely different.

prince162010
06-09-2014, 02:24 AM
Would be fun if it pops out when you freerun, and one of his idle animations is tucking it back in. thats next gen. ;D

Yeah that's the truly next gen :D

Do it Ubisoft.

It's genius I tell you.

I like your idea of making a separate button for these things , sounds awesome ;)

sings_in_tune
06-09-2014, 02:27 AM
I can't believe I've read this whole thread. I haven't even finished AC1 yet.

"Hopefully there's a mission where Arno sits at dinner with his target and whenever his cravat comes loose he gains suspicion."
This made me laugh out loud!

And the crossbow will make it hard for him to "hide in plain sight" - haha.
He hides by sitting between 2 people on a bench. And in roof gardens! I laugh every time.

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 11:53 AM
So Arno is tanned, that means hes not white doesn't it?

GunnerGalactico
06-09-2014, 11:55 AM
So Arno is tanned, that means hes not white doesn't it?

Really?, I was under the impression he was a tanned caucasian.

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Really?, I was under the impression he was a tanned caucasian.
I'm joking, didn't you see the threads yesterday?

GunnerGalactico
06-09-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm joking, didn't you see the threads yesterday?

I knew you were and yes, I did see the threads yesterday.

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Ah! ok then. My bad.

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Guys and girls. All the billboards of the past E3s, with the newest.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BprzJ2WCEAAYmhe.jpg:large

oliacr
06-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Unity's looks the best to me.

SixKeys
06-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Unity's looks the best to me.

AC2's is the best IMO. The whole thing with Ezio showing off his two hidden blades makes sense for the banner to be that wide. With the other ones it looks like they didn't really need all that space and couldn't figure out what to put there, so they just threw in some extra characters. In Unity one of them even gets cut off on the side.

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 04:57 PM
AC2's is the best IMO. The whole thing with Ezio showing off his two hidden blades makes sense for the banner to be that wide. With the other ones it looks like they didn't really need all that space and couldn't figure out what to put there, so they just threw in some extra characters. In Unity one of them even gets cut off on the side.

The most exciting addition to AC has been those double hidden blades. When I first saw them, and Ezio as a character with his awesome smirk, it was just glorious

Shahkulu101
06-09-2014, 04:58 PM

Nay:

- ACB showing off multiplayer characters to promote new feature
- ACR shows off the fact we will control both Ezio and Alty
- AC3 shows the blood and thunder of the revolution - and the box art...
- AC4 is unnecessarily wide I'll give you that, but they haven't threw in any characters
- AC Unity's indicates Co-op

SixKeys
06-09-2014, 05:00 PM
The most exciting addition to AC has been those double hidden blades. When I first saw them, and Ezio as a character with his awesome smirk, it was just glorious

Ehh, I've always thought they were kind of unnecessary. Cool, sure, but I could live with just one. In ACB you can choose to go through the whole game without getting the second blade.

I did think it was funny how in the AC2 E3 gameplay reveal video you can hear the audience gasp and cheer the first time Ezio performs a double assassination. :D

SixKeys
06-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Nay:

- ACB showing off multiplayer characters to promote new feature
- ACR shows off the fact we will control both Ezio and Alty
- AC3 shows the blood and thunder of the revolution - and the box art...
- AC4 is unnecessarily wide I'll give you that, but they haven't threw in any characters
- AC Unity's indicates Co-op

I get that, but AC2's has the best composition IMO. Just Ezio with his blades. A cool character against a simple white background, showing off a new feature in an eye-catching way. With the others they don't look specifically designed for the banner width, making it so that on AC3's you can barely see Connor's face because he's been shrunken down so much due to the vertical pose. ACR's would work if Ezio's hookblade - one of the game's biggest additions - wasn't cut off at the bottom; another case of an unfortunate use of an existing image. His hookblade arm was pointing downwards in the original image and they didn't change his pose for the banner, so it's badly cropped. AC4's is just messy all around. ACB's is the second-best, but I hate that all the multiplayer characters are off to one side and the title is left. Would be better if you had Ezio in the middle, two MP characters on either side and the title in the middle.

Megas_Doux
06-09-2014, 05:11 PM
AC IV -check my sig- is my favorite with ACU and AC II being second.

Radman500
06-09-2014, 06:12 PM
so i guess his full name is Arno Valedictorin or something

Ureh
06-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Ehh, I've always thought they were kind of unnecessary. Cool, sure, but I could live with just one. In ACB you can choose to go through the whole game without getting the second blade.

I did think it was funny how in the AC2 E3 gameplay reveal video you can hear the audience gasp and cheer the first time Ezio performs a double assassination. :D

Yeah they always set-up the double assassinations for us. Maybe they could make us work for them, you know? Like we have to manipulate two guards to come close to each other so we can take them down at the same time.