PDA

View Full Version : Failed to start download

eken44
06-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi,

I have just installed Trials and have been asked to update in the launcher. I am unable to download patch as i continue to get error message Failed to start download. I have check trouble shooting page but couldn't find anything on this issue.

I am also having problems with Nvidia cards and on board graphics and am unable to play the game at all due to graphic issues. Is there any fix or work around that I can try to get this working as I would like to play the game I just bought.

Thank you.

RetiredRonin
06-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Hey eken44, are you using a laptop with both Nvidia and Intel video chipsets?

Right click on the Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. Under the NVIDIA Control Panel, navigate to 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings. Select the Global Settings (or per application settings) tab and use the Preferred graphics processor drop-down to select High-performance NVIDIA processor. Then hit the Apply button. Using the Nvidia GPU all the time will adversely affect your battery usage.

For the "unable to download patch", you may need to look at other settings or contact Ubisoft Support.

eken44
06-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Hi shifty,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes it is using both nvidia and intel chip set as my laptop is a toshiba satellite.
Intel i7
Nvidia 740m 2gb - plus Intel hd graphics
16 gb ram

I have changed the settings in 3d manager, however the problem is still occurring. When I open the game and go into video settings it seems that intel graphics are selected. As the max res I can get is 1024x768.

Thank you again for your help on this matter.