PDA

View Full Version : Theories about the Co-Op Campaign

Radman500
06-01-2014, 11:12 PM
rumours have it that in Unity the co-op will have a seperate narrative of the single player narrative

now since Arno is a mentor (according to the rumour leak) maybe he sets up a "strike force" or something with 4 French assassins to do certain missions while Arno is focused on the more serious things in the single player campaign

in terms of gameplay, what would you like to see, co-op interactions etc.

DumbGamerTag94
06-02-2014, 12:02 AM
It will suck.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 12:12 AM
hope it's as fun to play as L4D2 when it comes to 4 player co-op

though it'll probably be online-only which sucks

DumbGamerTag94
06-02-2014, 12:19 AM

So my theory is already starting to pan out haha

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 12:25 AM
having at least 2 player local co-op would be nice. like what valve did with L4D2

Fatal-Feit
06-02-2014, 01:18 AM
Maybe they'll alter the combat/assassinations to play out like in Watch_Dogs to improve stealth co-op. If there's something I thought wasn't disappointing in Watch_Dogs, it was the melee animations.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 02:05 AM
Stealth + Co-op never truley works out.

DumbGamerTag94
06-02-2014, 02:13 AM

Yeah someone's always gotta be a Leroy Jenkins and ruin everything

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 09:11 AM
hope it's as fun to play as L4D2 when it comes to 4 player co-op

If co-op is online-only, then I'm not that excited about it. I don't play MP as much and I don't really care much for it.

SolidSage
06-02-2014, 09:33 AM
CoOp with full maps will be fantastic. Especially if after completing the campaign there are randomly spawning things to do and a selection of mini games. Like flag races, convoy elimination, assassination contracts. Can you imagine free running races that include tower climbs and pass through and leaps of faith etc?
Just getting into a brawl with a bunch of AI with a buddy or two at your back will revive AC for me.

I've been waiting for this since the Truth Glyphs in AC2 showed the couple escaping from slavery in the first civilization times. Has the prophetic vision finally come to? (sorry, MGS bleed over).
Custom Assassin's (male/female) for coop would be even better.

High hopes but realistic expectations. Full map, free roam, online CoOp will be considered a success by me. More than that will really amplify my happiness.

Sushiglutton
06-02-2014, 01:06 PM
A billion times more interesting to me than competetive multiplayer! Will def test it and see how it works. Could be fun. Co-op games do not be as good as SP games for equal amount of fun. I enjoyed the hell out of army of two 40th day for example :).

reddragonhrcro
06-09-2014, 02:09 AM

Guess you never played Splinter Cell.

JustPlainQuirky
06-09-2014, 02:12 AM
I watched reviews. Many said the stealth co-op was somewhat pointless and felt more like divide and conquer rather than co-op.

Ofc I haven't played it myself so I can't judge.

Bastiaen
06-09-2014, 07:45 PM
I watched reviews. Many said the stealth co-op was somewhat pointless and felt more like divide and conquer rather than co-op.

Wait, you believed reviews?

Just kidding. I don't watch many reviews anymore, because I'm just as pessimistic or critical as reviewers are. Splinter cell co-op stealth works, when the players are willing to work together. It's way better locally than online.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Custom Assassins would be awesome!

Split screen open world games would be extremely tough to pull off. I believe... and feel entirely welcome to correct me if I'm wrong... I believe that in order to have local split screen, the game needs to basically run things twice. That's why it's feasible in a game like Halo with self contained levels... but in a game that is an open world with massive amounts of interactive things on screen at once, generating that twice would be extremely taxing on the system.

I don't know the technical aspect of games so I might be completely wrong but I've heard something along those lines is why games like GTA have online multiplayer as opposed to split screen. Then again, the cynic in me believes it's to get more money -- I feel that has more merit in games that are shooters but still don't allow split screen co-op/multiplayer.

mgg93
06-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Co-op seems AMAZING!!!

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/games/assassins-creed-unity/new-multiplayer/index.aspx?utm_campaign=dm_9Jun2014_acu_gameplay-reveal&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=trailer_gameplay&utm_term=

DumbGamerTag94
06-09-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm going to guess that co-op isn't a complete open world. I bet it's smaller areas. And single mission by mission structure. Like the map in the demo will probably only be a handful of streets and the palace. Fully explorable, but only within that area. And I bet nobody ever gets to make the kill alone(so that people don't get upset when someone steals their kill). So I bet once all 4 players are near the target it triggers a cutscene like we see in the demo

DinoSteve1
06-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Co-op actually does look fun, and I hate MP games.

AherasSTRG
06-09-2014, 09:11 PM

Ow, man, do not trust the reviewers that wrote that. I have played all of the co-op missions of Blacklist in all of the difficulty modes and I gotta say that it was one of the most cooperative and stealth filled things I have done in my life. And I have been to Uni.

poptartz20
06-09-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm thinking it will be like that one game... ohh... Dead Island I think.

RinoTheBouncer
06-09-2014, 09:45 PM
I wanna be able to play a fully solo/offline story mode. I wouldn’t wanna rely on anybody being or not being online to play. I wanna see more info. about that soon. Co-op looks really interesting and fun but I want my first play through to be a pure single player experience.

Assassin’s Creed just tweeted me saying “E3 isn’t over yet..” when I asked about the single player campaign, so we can surely expect more to be revealed including a proper cinematic trailer. Not that we didn’t expect that, but just saying.

poptartz20
06-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Oh I totally agree Rhino. I want to be able to enjoy my single player experience and then come back to playing online. So as long there is no hindrance I'm looking forward to it!

GunnerGalactico
06-09-2014, 09:52 PM
I think we can go solo, ie: we can choose whether to play co-op or not.

RinoTheBouncer
06-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Oh I totally agree Rhino. I want to be able to enjoy my single player experience and then come back to playing online. So as long there is no hindrance I'm looking forward to it!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Not everyone has a stable internet connection nor need we rely on somebody to play the story mode. I hope it won’t be swarming with glitches!

Jarek23
06-09-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm in the pool that doesn't want my Single Player first playthrough ruined because of co-op. I hope it doesn't lock out certain content or areas if you play solo. In the gameplay with commentary video they said, we're going to take a different route because our co-op buddy just unlocked a door for us with his lockpicking skill. Really, stop forcing social gameplay onto these games ubi. I love competitive multiplayer, I love wolfpack, I even enjoy co-op, but not when it's forced into single player.

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 10:28 PM
There is NO co-op campaign. Single player campaign only.

The co-op is free roam with friends and random missions - it is not a campaign / story.

Jexx21
06-09-2014, 10:32 PM
that isn't true m4r

m4r-k7
06-09-2014, 10:36 PM
that isn't true m4r

From the website:

Assassinís Creed Unityís co-op missions allow you to fight alongside other players in challenging and dynamic scenarios. These co-op missions, which exist alongside the single-player story, have been crafted specifically for assassins to work in tandem as they take down targets throughout the city.

Seems it is not a campaign, they are seamless missions like in Watch Dogs.

souNdwAve89
06-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Fans are speculating it to be similar to Splinter Cell: Blacklist's co-op feature.

RzaRecta357
06-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Pretty obvious from what we've seen already or at least it looks obvious that it'll work like watch dogs.

You're all Arnaud in there games new style of customization taken further than Edwards tons of different suits. In the SP demo he had the option to do all the side quests alone or with people and they had 1-4 counts.

joose_2
06-10-2014, 01:02 AM
I don't want co-op to take the place of the AC Multiplayer we've always had. It required major work in some installments but I really enjoyed BF with a few exceptions and I'm looking forward to it in Unity.

Dome500
06-10-2014, 04:07 AM
CoOp with full maps will be fantastic. Especially if after completing the campaign there are randomly spawning things to do and a selection of mini games. Like flag races, convoy elimination, assassination contracts. Can you imagine free running races that include tower climbs and pass through and leaps of faith etc?
Just getting into a brawl with a bunch of AI with a buddy or two at your back will revive AC for me.

I've been waiting for this since the Truth Glyphs in AC2 showed the couple escaping from slavery in the first civilization times. Has the prophetic vision finally come to? (sorry, MGS bleed over).
Custom Assassin's (male/female) for coop would be even better.

High hopes but realistic expectations. Full map, free roam, online CoOp will be considered a success by me. More than that will really amplify my happiness.

This.

Right to the point Sage.
COOP! YEAH!

I don't want co-op to take the place of the AC Multiplayer we've always had. It required major work in some installments but I really enjoyed BF with a few exceptions and I'm looking forward to it in Unity.

But what exactly is the point of having the SAME multiplayer every year just with slightly better graphics on small maps, especially now that they have perfected it in BF.

I am okay with it being in Untiy, but honestly, I think developing it any further is not really needed, since it is as good as perfect since BF.

I am very excited about Coop.
Sounds like you will be able to play 2 - 4 player coop, maybe you can even play the missions alone if you want, but I think the brotherhood experience is important there. Different Weapons and outfits will make you look different and I'd love to work in a team to assassinate targets. More interesting than any mp and requires some communication.

SolidSage
06-14-2014, 12:48 AM
^ Yeah Dome, this is a major development for me. Can't wait :)