PDA

View Full Version : FMB, How do i make ships fire their main cannons?

Mobius--1
03-09-2004, 04:53 PM
When making missions in the FMB, I've set up battles between the Marat and some other ships, and I noticed that the Marat's main turrets follow/track the other ships, but they never fire, all the machine guns and side cannons do, however. So I'm confused, how can I get the main cannons to fire at the other ships? I don't know if this is the right forum for this question really, so redirect me if it's not please.

Mobius--1
03-09-2004, 04:53 PM
When making missions in the FMB, I've set up battles between the Marat and some other ships, and I noticed that the Marat's main turrets follow/track the other ships, but they never fire, all the machine guns and side cannons do, however. So I'm confused, how can I get the main cannons to fire at the other ships? I don't know if this is the right forum for this question really, so redirect me if it's not please.

Fennec_P
03-09-2004, 05:01 PM
That is strange. In FB lite they seem to work ok.

Maybe check to see if the target ships are too close.

Also, watch the gun for a long time. I think the Marats cannons have a practical ROF of 1-1.4 rounds per minute, so you might have to wait a while.

DamienW
03-09-2004, 05:05 PM
i did a Tirpitz vs Marat + some smaller ships showdown in the FMB with ACES, and it all went pretty well, at a variety of ranges. The tirpitz won, by the way http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Charlie901
03-09-2004, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mobius--1:
When making missions in the FMB, I've set up battles between the Marat and some other ships, and I noticed that the Marat's main turrets follow/track the other ships, but they never fire, all the machine guns and side cannons do, however. So I'm confused, how can I get the main cannons to fire at the other ships? I don't know if this is the right forum for this question really, so redirect me if it's not please.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might have the ships too close to fire main guns. Also make sure they are BLUE and RED sides, respectively.