PDA

View Full Version : From Player Perspective Problems and Solution Suggestions

Infernal_Wisdom
05-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Hi guys I wanted to list some problems from player's perspective for feedback to devs, this thread's reason is not flaming! but trying to develop game into better days!

Problem 1 - Legacy cards are too elusive for free players!

Root of this problem:

in old days free players might buy old packs for gold, and latest patch cards could won by swisses, so this should be kept in my opinion. So as it is changed into gold can buy latest patchcards only, there must be a way to obtain old cards with anything, there is no more seals per level, so seals are not helping, we left wildcards and golds only, for free players and paying players balance in my opinion, playing this game must be equal to paying this game, players who play this game free is helping this game too, they are opponents for paying players at least, and most of players are students etc... and they can't afford to pay much money, please devs treasure them and see they will repay you some day, treasure those people :)

how to solve this problem?

Suggestion: Add "Swiss Section" to Options Menu

this way people might choose pack type they want as reward in swisses, for instance a player may win a swiss and gain a premium void rising super pack if a player has choosen "void rising" under swiss options etc...

Suggestion2: Add new offer for players, sell tickets for gold or wildcards

this might be great in my opinion, maybe it sounds like "you are too greedy for wanting tickets for gold" but dear devs let us calculate

in swisses the reward pool is "1 latest patch premium super pack, 1 latest patch pack, 2 bs2 packs and 1 ticket" (1st place+2nd place+lucky prize)

and the participation payment from players is: 8 tickets

so ubisoft gives 1 latest patch premium super pack, 1 latest patch pack, 2bs2 packs for 7 tickets

lets say a premium super pack of latest patch is 2,5 times valuable than normal latest patch packs(since it contains 2x rare/epic and it is premium, but lacks some uncommons and commons etc..) so the prize of this pack is kinda: 25000x2,5=62500 gold

one latest patch pack is 25000 gold and 2 bs2 packs are for 30.000 gold

so for 7 ticket payment ubisoft gives rewards equal to 117.500 gold and when you divide to 7 117.500/7=16,785 gold per ticket

just make it 20.000 gold per ticket to gain profit as company

but as you clearly see a ticket for 20.000 gold is not greedy for players and ubisoft could actually gain many profit from it! and it can be desicion of players with high risk and high reward, 25000 for a latest patch pack or 20000 for ticket to win swiss and gain a super pack

Problem 2: Practice'ing is very hard

since we have 3 different formats(open, standart and weekly) seperating practice mode from normal mode is so hard for players to make practice

Example: Infernal_Wisdom wants to qualify in r2p tournament from gold(we are talking 8/12 months here and r2p seems like his 2/3 mmdoc play time) so he needs to play serious decks to raise his MMR, but in the same time for tournaments he wants to test new decks or test some different version of deck, which will actually cause MMR loss for him, also even if he uses practice mode, since most people in practice mode are playing test decks, those practice games are not actually practice(for instance you wanna test your dhamiria creature deck or myranda deck and your opponent plays a standart kal-azaar nether curse deck, this game is not a practice for you) people needs to test their decks against actual decks, I for myself want to test my deck where people are actually playing competative decks, not their test decks

How to solve this problem?

Suggestion: Add "Practice Mode Section" under Options Menu

when player choses practice mode, let him take experience and gold from game, but prevent him to lose or gain elo/MMR, this way people may test their decks easily and this will encourage players to be more creative and more competative

this 2 problems are biggest in my opinion from players perspective, feel free to add your problems and solution suggestions too without flaming, I am saying this again, the reason of this thread is not flaming the devs or game, the reason of this thread is solving them and giving feedback to devs

sorry for bad english and thanks for reading :)]

malkorion
05-31-2014, 01:11 PM
I wish you would use a standard font type and size, Infernal. :P

1) Yes, Legacy cards are very elusive, even for me, though I have almost everything now. But I guess that's what the developers want. They want you to play Standard, and are forcing you to pay for seals if you want to experience the full game.

You have interesting suggestions, but I'd prefer if they just added the old packs to the Legacy section of the shop, and make them available for gold (no WCs, I guess, but we'd be able to at least have a chance at those cards)

2) Sell tickets for gold - YES, please.

3) As for MMR and ranking, I don't really care anymore, since I'm playing very wonky decks to complete quests, which makes raising my rank impossible.

Gadjemil
05-31-2014, 02:01 PM
As for MMR and ranking, I don't really care anymore, since I'm playing very wonky decks to complete quests, which makes raising my rank impossible.

And that's why you will always see the same players in tournaments. Nobody bothers to be competitive anymore.

Some just want to test new decks. Others want to do their daily quests.

The competitive scene is anything but dead thanks to Ubi's visionary latest patch.

npavcec
05-31-2014, 02:04 PM
I failed to read your post IW because the font you choose just plain hurts my eyes.

The competitive scene is anything but dead thanks to Ubi's visionary latest patch.

Yes. Sadly, this is so true.

Infernal_Wisdom
05-31-2014, 02:45 PM
I wish you would use a standard font type and size, Infernal. :P

1) Yes, Legacy cards are very elusive, even for me, though I have almost everything now. But I guess that's what the developers want. They want you to play Standard, and are forcing you to pay for seals if you want to experience the full game.

You have interesting suggestions, but I'd prefer if they just added the old packs to the Legacy section of the shop, and make them available for gold (no WCs, I guess, but we'd be able to at least have a chance at those cards)

2) Sell tickets for gold - YES, please.

3) As for MMR and ranking, I don't really care anymore, since I'm playing very wonky decks to complete quests, which makes raising my rank impossible.

My logic was "my english is bad, at least maybe the shape of writing could be good" but I failed more by chosing comic sans too it seems :P and I changed it

for the topic:

devs might want to players to play standart, but as a player, players have to choose what to play I think :) Devs can make it hard to obtaining legacy cards, I am ok with it, but making it almost not possible is kinda sad, I had saved seals in the beginning of this bs2&hon patch, I bhought boxes etc.. and played swiss to gain complete hon set, yet I think I spent 300 wildcards or something like that to complete some decks, and 300 wildcards sems huge but actually it is 10-11 hero/epic and thats all, you might say 4x lava spawn 4x cloudshaper and 2-3 hero :D so 300 wildcards is not giving you too much cards, but they serve as planned, so thanks to wildcards I could buy critical missing cards, but when you see 300 wildcards is like 100 days of daily quests :D and because of this I don't think wildcards will helping people to gain legacy cards in future, you can buy only your standart format missings with wildcards(which is logical too) so this leads us to solve the elusive legacy problem :) hope devs can think and find a solution :) I offered my humble solutions :)

and for daily quests, it is not that hard for players with good card pool, still it chills even me when I saw the "win 5 games with heaven daily :)"
but for every player daily quest design could be changed, for instance I've met some friends at very low level with limited card pool but they were good players
I can even name one of those players "Lashkor" I'm sure most of you are not remembering him
he was playing akane(academy) and he said he is experienced from mtg and believe me I played against him and he is truly good player :) he left the game and I am sad, he did some good mmdoc streams as well, believe me watching him was great, so players like these must be protected

A player with low level can complete a deck with wildcards, he might have only one good deck, but let him play competative, but at the same time there are daily quests, which he needs to do for wildcards to extend his cardpool, but at the moment players like this could not make their daily quests easy and since their "other decks" are not that strong, daily quests lowers their win ratio and they have no chance to play competative level and this is a clearly problem

Also the new ranking system with r2p is better than previous one, I accept it :) but still it needs to improve, my suggestion would be for r2p you need to play "lets say 100 games at least" and the ranking should be based upon winning ratio and thats all, in the current ranking system, first games are more valuable.... why?... I don't know :)

I failed to read your post IW because the font you choose just plain hurts my eyes.

I've changed it bro :D maybe it hurts less now :D