PDA

View Full Version : How to spend my wildcards?

malkorion
05-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Right now I have 112 Wildcards piled up, and I can't decide what to pick up. My priorities are: Standard first, then Open if I can afford it.

Here are the missing cards, followed by wildcard prices, and number of missing cards for a playset (4):

Name WC Count
Gazal, Herald of the Void 28 1
Akane, Caller of Memories 7 1
Ammar, the Cunning 28 1
Masfar, Father of Titans 21 1
Kieran, Knight of Negation 7 1
Morgan, Beloved General 7 1
Phrias, Prince of Annihilation 28 1
Ignatius 7 1
Deleb, Princess of Pain 21 1
Matewa, Voice of Thunder 21 1
Takana Osore, Champion of the Tides 7 1
Akane, Mourner of Lost Memories 28 1
Shalan, Voice of the Lotus 7 1

Wolf Captain 28 4
Caller of the Void 7 2
Fate Bender 5 1
Thrall of Hatred 15 3
Anael, Angel of Redemption 7 1
Mizu-Kami 5 2
Yuki-Onna 12 2
Abyssal Lord 20 2
Djinn Cloudshaper 21 2
Moonsilk Strand 5 1
Immolation 5 1
Shadow Image 20 2
Shalassa's Blade 5 1
Celestial Armour 20 2
Armageddon 20 2
Puppet Master 20 1
Time Jump 5 2
Forked Lightning 20 3
Void Ripple 5 1
Crystal Cavern 20 1
Cosmic Realignment 20 1
Tower of Oblivion 20 1
Wasteland 20 2
Seria's Last Order 5 4
Arcane Intuition 7 1
Path of the Ancestors 20 1
Blind Arbiters 20 3
Night of the Rising Moon 5 1
Tower of the Gardener 28 1
Tower of the Inventor 28 1
Tower of the Smith 28 1
Boneyard 9 2

I'd like to make competitive decks for Standard, I have everything else.

Jarema03
05-30-2014, 08:17 PM
If I were you, I will try to get the expensive heroes from achievments... It is realy a lot of wildcards.
Also, to have competitive deck it is not necessary to have all heroes, therefore I would not buy any lacking hero with wildcards (only if you want to try a specific playstyle, like with Ignatius).
Then, I always think that when I have 3 copies, there is at least small chance that I will get the lacking one. So, I would rather buy a card that I lack in more than one number (of course, not counting uniques).

That eliminates some things from you list.
Then, it becomes more matter of taste and playstyle. For example, boneyards are very useful in some Necor decks, but I prefer deck with exactly 2 of them (I have 3, but do not want to use them all). Abyssal lord is worth it only if you play gate deck ord Dhamiria fatties or something similar. I never use them in my Inferno decks. The same thing goes with spells. Forked lightning is powerful, but only if you like heroes with air magic. I, for one, play only one such hero, and therefore air spells are of low priority for me.

From you list, I will particulary miss (but it is onlu because of my playstyle):
Seria's Last Order
Tower of Gardener
Wolf Captain
Thrall of Hatred
Anael

but I do not remember which of these are from open format

And, of course, probably you should concentrate on one faction first. With over 100 wildcards and not so many cards lacking, I think you can built any single deck you want with new purchases. Therefore, it is really only matter of preferences. If it was my decision, I would buy everything I lack from Necro and Inferno, because that are factions I like to play with the most. And in standard, I prefer inferno.

npavcec
05-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Masfar, Father of Titans 21 1
Morgan, Beloved General 7 1
Ignatius 7 1
Deleb, Princess of Pain 21 1
Matewa, Voice of Thunder 21 1
Takana Osore, Champion of the Tides 7 1

I'd get these. These are all for competitive decks in standard, except Ignatius. Ignatius is must have for Open (the best hero in Open, IMHO).

Other cards I'd consider for standard:

Thrall of Hatred 15 3
Djinn Cloudshaper 21 2
Moonsilk Strand 5 1
Time Jump 5 2
Arcane Intuition 7 1
Boneyard 9 2

Ussoro
05-31-2014, 01:28 AM
@ malkorion
Does this mean you have re-installed the game again? Like the above poster, if I have 3 of a card, I don't buy the 4th, cause i might get from a pack.

I would not buy any hero I can win with achievements:
Gazal, Herald of the Void 28 1
Ammar, the Cunning 28 1
Kieran, Knight of Negation 7 1
Phrias, Prince of Annihilation 28 1 (i gave up and bought this guy, achievement is too much effort for me)
Ignatius 7 1
Akane, Mourner of Lost Memories 28 1

IIRC u can get most of the above with usually winning swiss with that faction except Phrias which is to collect a lot of premium cards from a certain booster.

For standard, depends on which faction u like, here are some good ones to get IMO:

Caller of the Void 7 2
Fate Bender 5 1
Thrall of Hatred 15 3
Djinn Cloudshaper 21 2
Moonsilk Strand 5 1 (Good with ariana)
Shalassa's Blade 5 1 (good for otk, but i find that deck unreliable, at least for my incomplete OTK)
Seria's Last Order 5 4
Arcane Intuition 7 1 (card is luck dependent on what cards your opponent has, but I have lost against this card a couple of times)

tjt2
05-31-2014, 04:48 AM
To add to the previous post:

I got Shalan from winning a swiss with Sanc, which shouldn't be horrible in open.

malkorion
05-31-2014, 05:35 AM
@Ussoro
Are you stalking me? :D

But yeah, when I had some more free time I've decided to come back with a fresh mind / pair of eyes. Only to be frustrated again in Swiss tournaments where I have to face 1500-1700 MMR players because there is no matchmaking in Swisses. = / So I kept smashing my keyboard because I get beaten by new netdecks, cause you know... people don't play their own decks anymore.

After looking at the cards, and what I'd need for Standard, I settled for the following.

Inferno (my favorite faction):
Deleb 21 WC
Thrall of Hatred 45 WC
That's 66 WC. Optionally, I could get my last two Callers of the Void for an additional 14 WC, bringing it up to 80 WC.

If I wanted to build Control Hakeem, I'd need to buy:
Djinn Cloudshaper 42 WC

Necropolis:
Boneyard 18 WC to complete the set
Seria's Last Order 20 WC, just to finally get the complete set

I'm pretty satisfied with Stronghold, I don't really need anything I haven't opened from packs already (Goblin Mentor)

That's 146 (160 with Callers) I have 114 today.

So I'd buy everything for Inferno and the Djinns for my Myranda / Hakeem decks.

Ussoro
06-01-2014, 07:58 PM
@Ussoro
Are you stalking me? :D

But yeah, when I had some more free time I've decided to come back with a fresh mind / pair of eyes. Only to be frustrated again in Swiss tournaments where I have to face 1500-1700 MMR players because there is no matchmaking in Swisses. = / So I kept smashing my keyboard because I get beaten by new netdecks, cause you know... people don't play their own decks anymore.

After looking at the cards, and what I'd need for Standard, I settled for the following.

Inferno (my favorite faction):
Deleb 21 WC
Thrall of Hatred 45 WC
That's 66 WC. Optionally, I could get my last two Callers of the Void for an additional 14 WC, bringing it up to 80 WC.

If I wanted to build Control Hakeem, I'd need to buy:
Djinn Cloudshaper 42 WC

Necropolis:
Boneyard 18 WC to complete the set
Seria's Last Order 20 WC, just to finally get the complete set

I'm pretty satisfied with Stronghold, I don't really need anything I haven't opened from packs already (Goblin Mentor)

That's 146 (160 with Callers) I have 114 today.

So I'd buy everything for Inferno and the Djinns for my Myranda / Hakeem decks.

haha I'm more of a lurker than a poster :p

ya swiss can get frustrating haha. Funny how u mention netdecks, cause i have experiment with decks before to have my opponent say that my deck is all wrong cause I am not netdecking lol. If others ar netdecking, we have the advantage of knowing everything in their deck and counter it. During academy weekly, since I don't play academy much, I was going to try to netdeck a OTK I saw (it said it was a cheap deck that can win swiss easily), but at the end I decided against it and made a anti-OTK deck with Hakeem, and won my first swiss with academy :D One of my opponent was OTK, so that helped.

I wouldn't buy boneyard, since it's a uncommon, so good chance of finding 1 in a pack. I want the thrall and Djinn too, opened many packs but it keep giving me vamp lord... got 6 of them now :(

banduan
06-02-2014, 03:08 AM
Don't spend your wildcards until you're playing with a deck and realise you're short some cards. Then get those.
Try not to buy heroes unless you are very very sure and/or need it for a quest / tourney.

d90.Dennis
07-06-2014, 11:21 AM
I have the same question but want to focus on BS2 cards since they are the cheapest in the altar and I'm very stingy with my wildcards (I'm lvl 80 and have spent only 8 WC so far and have 286 to spend).

Here are some cards I'm missing and consider to get:

Uniques
Nur - 7
Arcane Intuition - 7
Seria's Legion - 7
Time of Need - 7
Garant's Purge - 7
Yukiko's Shrine - 7
Cassandra's Imperial Devotion - 7

Epics
Banshee x2 - 14
Caller of the Void x4 - 28
Blackskull Clan Warlord x4 - 28
Griffin Battle Priest x3 - 21
Shinje Warrior x4 - 28
Surging Titan x3 - 21 (I didn't see it played much, is it worth getting ?)
Deep Mountain Yeti x4 - 28 (Almot never saw it in play but considered putting it in Takana, is it worth it ?)

Rares
Geyser x3 - 15
Enthrall x2 - 10
Rakshasa Scout x2 - 10
Sayama Champion x3 - 15
Moonsilk Strand x2 - 10
Night of the Rising Moon x2 - 10
Fate Bender x3 - 15
Honor Binds Us x2 - 10
Mass Rage x3 - 15
Cosmic Balance x2 - 10
Hall of Torment x4 - 20
Void Ripple x4 - 20
Immolation x3 - 15
Mizu Kami x4 - 20
Shalasa's Blade x2 - 10
Chain Casting x1 - 5
Crusader Sergeant x1 - 5
Void Arbiter x2 - 10
Crusader Chaplain x4 - 20
Plague Bearer x2 - 10
Shantiri Titan x2 - 10
Bloodfrenzied Wyvern x2 - 10
Elrath's Protection x3 - 15
Curse of the Penitent x3 - 15
Greater Fire Elemental x3 - 15
Vampire Lord x3 - 15
Enraged Cyclops x3 - 15
Panther Warrior x3 - 15
Abyssal Worm x3 - 15
Sentinel of the Ages x2 - 10
Vampire Assassin x4 - 20
Lay of Hands x3 - 15 (Is it even useful ?)
Lava Stream x3 - 15
Fate Weaver x4 - 20

Uncommons
Crusader Treasurer x1 - 3
Town Portal x1 - 3 (can be found in the Inferno starter deck)
Void Wraith x3 - 9 (" ")
Fire Blast x2 - 6 (" ")
Hidden Dojo x2 - 6
Sayama Warden x3 - 9 (can be found in Sanctuary starter deck)
Truce x3 - 9 (" ")
The Frozen Maze x2 - 6 (" )
Titan x1 - 3

Which cards are the most important to get ? Which ones are usefull for many different decks ?

malkorion
07-06-2014, 11:33 AM
I have the same question but want to focus on BS2 cards since they are the cheapest in the altar and I'm very stingy with my wildcards (I'm lvl 80 and have spent only 8 WC so far and have 286 to spend).

Uniques
Nur - 7 (Hakeem, or just Academy in general. Great synergy with Djinn Cloudshapers)
Arcane Intuition - 7 (Hakeem decks run it)
Seria's Legion - 7 (Seria 4/4/4 runs it)
Time of Need - 7
Garant's Purge - 7
Yukiko's Shrine - 7
Cassandra's Imperial Devotion - 7

Epics
Banshee x2 - 14 (Necro Staple - if you're playing Necro, complete your playset)
Shinje Warrior x4 - 28
Surging Titan x3 - 21 (I didn't see it played much, is it worth getting ?) NO!
Deep Mountain Yeti x4 - 28 (Almot never saw it in play but considered putting it in Takana, is it worth it ?)

Rares
Geyser x3 - 15 - staple Water spell - Get!
Enthrall x2 - 10 - for control decks using Dark magic
Sayama Champion x3 - 15
Moonsilk Strand x2 - 10
Night of the Rising Moon x2 - 10 for control decks, definitely
Fate Bender x3 - 15
Honor Binds Us x2 - 10
Mass Rage x3 - 15 - only if you want to play with a Mass Rage deck
Hall of Torment x4 - 20 - I think Dham & Ignatius want this
Void Ripple x4 - 20
Immolation x3 - 15 - only for gimmick decks
Mizu Kami x4 - 20
Shalasa's Blade x2 - 10 - for OTK
Chain Casting x1 - 5 - for OTK
Crusader Sergeant x1 - 5
Plague Bearer x2 - 10
Vampire Lord x3 - 15
Vampire Assassin x4 - 20
Lay of Hands x3 - 15 (Is it even useful ?) NO! hehe

Uncommons
Town Portal x1 - 3 (can be found in the Inferno starter deck) just get the last one somehow. it's a really good spell.
Void Wraith x3 - 9 (" ") - for Mass Rage decks
Fire Blast x2 - 6 (" ")
Hidden Dojo x3 - 9
Truce x3 - 9 (" ")
Titan x1 - 3

Which cards are the most important to get ? Which ones are usefull for many different decks ?

There.

PresidentEth
07-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Right now I have 112 Wildcards piled up, and I can't decide what to pick up. My priorities are: Standard first, then Open if I can afford it.

Here are the missing cards, followed by wildcard prices, and number of missing cards for a playset (4):

There is at least Ignatus in your list that you can pick from the Puzzle Decks (http://www.reddit.com/r/duelofchampions/comments/28l6yv/five_new_puzzles_and_decks_are_available_from_the/) on the Steam market (http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=duel+of+champions+puzzle) for 3 cents (with 58 other cheap cards included)

Uniques
Nur - 7 (for non-OTK Academy decks)
Garant's Purge - 7

Epics
Banshee x2 - 14

Rares
Geyser x3 - 15
Enthrall x2 - 10
Shalasa's Blade x2 - 10 (just for OTK decks)
Chain Casting x1 - 5 (same)

That would be my selection (left out Sanctuary entirely since I don't play them much). But with expansion coming in a few days, I'd suggest waiting on the big WC purchases, maybe the deck you're trying to build will be at the bottom of the food chain once it's released or you'll find out that you'd rather have spent WC for some new cards)

malkorion
07-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I've managed to win Ignatius since then with a Deleb deck. I won mostly due to Swiss bugs, and a really weird tournament.

girolamocas
07-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Generally speaking, I would advice against buying common and uncommon cards, because you are bound to get them eventually by buying packs.

malkorion
07-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Generally speaking, I would advice against buying common and uncommon cards, because you are bound to get them eventually by buying packs.

Gonna be a grammar nazi here but:
advice = noun
advise = verb

marcinie
07-07-2014, 10:08 AM
@malkarion
If I could suggest You something You should wait with shopping for a release of Griffin's Bane (probably this week). I'm pretty sure that HoN cards will be cheaper in Altar of Wishes, so you can just make a profit. However, in my opinion the most important to get are:

Masfar, Father of Titans - but not for this prize (!) W8 for GB. G'sB has a great construct cards (synergy with Masfar special skill).
Thrall of Hatred - but not for this cost (at least 2), w8 for GB
Anael, Angel of Redemption (1)
Djinn Cloudshaper (2) - but not for this cost (1-2), w8 for GB
Moonsilk Strand (1)
Seria's Last Order (2) - but firstly check the Seria's puzzle on Steam, it could be a cheaper option to buy te set (im not sure of content of Seria's puzzle...)
Boneyard (1) - but not for this cost (1-2), w8 for GB

You wrote about STD format, so I focused on STD cards from Your list (however I find Tower of Gardener as an amaizing card and you should get it!;)

@d90.Dennis

Firstly, I have the same advice, w8 fo Griffin's Bane with spending WC (!). The most important in my opinion bolded.

Uniques
Nur - 7
Arcane Intuition - 7
Seria's Legion - 7
Time of Need - 7
Garant's Purge - 7 - (!) - mass discard like this could be crucial after GB release
Yukiko's Shrine - 7 - crap, don't buy it.
Cassandra's Imperial Devotion - 7 - could be really usefull after Heaven boost.

Epics
Banshee x2 - 14 - must have (!)
Blackskull Clan Warlord x4 - 28 - easily can change the result of match ;)
Shinje Warrior x4 - 28 - great blocker
Surging Titan x3 - 21 (I didn't see it played much, is it worth getting ?) - I'm not sure, maybe it could be usefull after GB realease, so You should wait with buying.
Deep Mountain Yeti x4 - 28 (Almot never saw it in play but considered putting it in Takana, is it worth it ?) - i was testing it, not bad with outmanoeuvre decks. Buy 1 and try it!

Rares
Geyser x3 - 15 -must have (!)
Enthrall x2 - 10 - got nerfed, so it's really hard to decide, I'll probably buy to have a whole set.
Rakshasa Scout x2 - 10 - to consider, but quite expensive (The 2 which you have should be enough, but on the other hand GB enters a new academy hero with skill fits to this card)
Sayama Champion x3 - 15
Moonsilk Strand x2 - 10 - great spell, synergy with Ariana skill
Night of the Rising Moon x2 - 10 - really usefull in some decks
Fate Bender x3 - 15
Honor Binds Us x2 - 10
Mass Rage x3 - 15
Cosmic Balance x2 - 10
Hall of Torment x4 - 20
Void Ripple x4 - 20
Immolation x3 - 15
Mizu Kami x4 - 20
Shalasa's Blade x2 - 10
Chain Casting x1 - 5
Crusader Sergeant x1 - 5
Void Arbiter x2 - 10
Plague Bearer x2 - 10
Shantiri Titan x2 - 10
Greater Fire Elemental x3 - 15
Vampire Lord x3 - 15 - but not for this prize
Enraged Cyclops x3 - 15
Panther Warrior x3 - 15 1-2 for Acamas
Abyssal Worm x3 - 15
Sentinel of the Ages x2 - 10
Vampire Assassin x4 - 20
Lay of Hands x3 - 15 (Is it even useful ?)
Lava Stream x3 - 15
Fate Weaver x4 - 20

Uncommons
Town Portal x1 - 3 (can be found in the Inferno starter deck)
Void Wraith x3 - 9 (" ") - maybe?
Fire Blast x2 - 6 (" ")
Hidden Dojo x3 - 9
Truce x3 - 9 (" ")
Titan x1 - 3

BTW. Many of the middle-cost cards are situational, for special build decks. So it's hard to choice, the decision is up to You. Only you know what decks are the most usefull/pleasurable to play to You. :)

d90.Dennis
07-07-2014, 10:11 AM
So the cards that seem like a sure bet are: (which amount to 70 WC's)
2x Banshee, 2x Enthrall, Nur, Garant's Purge, Seria's Legion,
3x Geyser, 2x Night of the Rising Moon

Some cards I'm still not convinced about:
Arcane Intuition, Yukiko's Shrine, Time of Need, Cassandra's Imperial Devotion (which of these these Uniques is more useful ? Should I get all of them ?)
2x Rakshasa Scout (an Academy staple ?)
2x Moonsilk Strand (One of the better Dark spells, right ?)
4x Caller of the Void ( a staple for Inferno ?)
4x Blackskull Clan Warlord ( must have for Stronghold ?)
3x Sayama Champion ( Must have for Sanctuary ?)
3x Fate Bender (important creature for Inferno ?)
3x Griffin Battle Priest (an important Haven creature, right ? How many do I need of it ?)
4x Shinje Warrior (one of the better sanctury cteatures, right ? How many do I need of it ?)
4x Void Ripple (One of the better Prime spells, right ? How many should I get if any ?)
2x Honor Binds Us (Maybe the best Sanctury fortune, do I need a full playset ?)
4x Hall of Torment (One of the best Inferno fortunes, right ? How many should I get and in which decks does it work best ?)
2x Hidden Dojo ( a good building for Sanctury, right ? Worth getting a full playset ?)
1x Crusader Treasurer (Haven staple, right ? Worth completing the playset ?)

Some cards that might be usefull but seem quite niche:
4x Mizu Kami, 1x Crusader Sergeant, 3x Elrath's Protection, 3x Curse of the Penitent,
2x Void Arbiter, 4x Crusader Chaplain, 3x Immolation, 3x Mass Rage, 3x Lava Stream
2x Shantiri Titan, 3x Surging Titan ( High requirements but a very strong card for a 5 cost, right ?),
2x Cosmic Balance, 3x Vampire Lord, 3x Panther Warrior, 2x Plague Bearer, 4x Deep Mountain Yeti,
2x Bloodfrenzied Wyvern ( I really like this creature but it's quite dangerous if stolen)

Wikist
07-07-2014, 10:40 AM
So the cards that seem like a sure bet are: (which amount to 70 WC's)
2x Banshee, 2x Enthrall, Nur, Garant's Purge, Seria's Legion,
3x Geyser, 2x Night of the Rising Moon
It's good choice.

Some cards I'm still not convinced about:
Arcane Intuition, Yukiko's Shrine, Time of Need, Cassandra's Imperial Devotion (which of these these Uniques is more useful ? Should I get all of them ?) Arcane Intuition and Time of Need (if you have already some uniques) could be the best options; Devotion: I don't know. You should wait till GB with it.
2x Rakshasa Scout (an Academy staple ?) It's good to have but not auto-include.
2x Moonsilk Strand (One of the better Dark spells, right ?) It's really good spell.
4x Caller of the Void ( a staple for Inferno ?) If you want to play with Inferno rushes then this card is really usefull.
4x Blackskull Clan Warlord ( must have for Stronghold ?) Definitely not must have. It's good with Acamas but I prefer Cyclops Brawler. And other heroes rarely use him (Kat f.e.)
3x Sayama Champion ( Must have for Sanctuary ?) He can be replaced with Shinje Warrior (it's your choice), but it's very good card indeed. Most of Santuary heroes should use him as a 3 cost crature.
3x Fate Bender (important creature for Inferno ?) He's good but can be replaced by Caller of the Void.
3x Griffin Battle Priest (an important Haven creature, right ? How many do I need of it ?) After BG I think it would better to have Devout Priest (common) with cool ability. But it's my opinion. It would be also okay to have both in deck, maybe.
4x Shinje Warrior (one of the better sanctury cteatures, right ? How many do I need of it ?) If you want to play with Sanctuary propably 4, but he can be replaced by Sayama Champion (it's your choice)
4x Void Ripple (One of the better Prime spells, right ? How many should I get if any ?) If you want to play high magic decks than okay and I think two would be enough.
2x Honor Binds Us (Maybe the best Sanctury fortune, do I need a full playset ?) 4x only if you want to build honor Santuary deck, but it's good to have at least 2, sometimes this fortune can suprise your opponent.
4x Hall of Torment (One of the best Inferno fortunes, right ? How many should I get and in which decks does it work best ?) It works well with Ignatius and Dhamiria but these decks don't work well in standard at the moment. So I think you shouldn't buy it. Also it can be used in Dhamiria's Rage deck.

4x Mizu Kami, 1x Crusader Sergeant Not worth to buy at the moment. You should focus on more needed cards.

There it is. Also you should first ask yourself what do you want to play. Focus on one faction/deck and build something with it, then if you would have WC left build something new with something else (another faction or deck with another hero in the same faction?)

malkorion
07-07-2014, 11:12 AM
We got a confirmation that WC prices will drop after GB? :rolleyes: That would make me a bit upset, and I think I'm not alone.

girolamocas
07-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Gonna be a grammar nazi here but:
advice = noun
advise = verb

Thanks, always looking to improve my English :)

d90.Dennis
07-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Why no one recommends Yukiko's Shrine, is it really so bad ?
Arcane Intuition and Time of Need seem much more situational an are more requirement heavy and cost more resources.

I think I'll get the Moonsilk Strands and Rakshasa Scouts.

The remaining decisions to make:
Fate Bender or Caller of the Void ?
Sayama Champion or Shinje Warrior ?
How many Blackskull Clan Warlords to get ?

AlexandrosGray
07-07-2014, 09:41 PM
The remaining decisions to make:
Fate Bender or Caller of the Void ?
Sayama Champion or Shinje Warrior ?
How many Blackskull Clan Warlords to get ?

It depends:
1) For Dhamiria lock and Ignatius discard go for Fate Bender, if you are looking into Deleb or Garant the Caller might be a good choice.
2) Not too sure about this one for the looks of Sanctuary in GB, I believe that Shinje Warrior would be more fitting in a controlish strategy
3) Acamas usually plays with 4 Warlords, but you can cut one or even two if you want.

Edit: For the moment, I'm waiting to see what decks will be competitive after GB and then spend my WCs accordingly, you might want to do the same.

d90.Dennis
07-07-2014, 11:45 PM
I agree that waiting fot GB is the reasonable thing to do.

I'd like to know your opinions on some "niche" cards and whether they are worth having/getting:

Father Sky's Wrath (not exactly "niche") - I got 2, do I need more ?
Mizu Kami - I got 0, are they good for magic based Sanctuary decks ? The stats are rather weak for the cost.
Curse of the Penitent - I got 1, cost more than IS but keeps your creatures alive, what do you think about it ? Good only for Vampire decks or not ?
Sand Storm - I got 2, seems like very decent defensive card that if played at the right timing can be rather useful (in early game it kills your tempo) even in non-stall decks, what do you think about it ?
Elrath's Protection - I got 1, Is it playable ? If so in what decks ?
Lava Stream, - I got 1, very cheap and permanet effect. Is it only for Immolation decks or does it have other uses ?
Dervish Master - I got 2, quite expensive for it's stats but with nice abilities, what's the opinion about it ? In what decks can it be good ?
Deep Mountain Yeti - I got 0, seems like Sanctuary's Blackskull Clan Warlord but with 1 less HP (dies from Lighting Bolt) and an ability which can make it big very quickly, what do you think about it ?
Bloodfrenzied Wyvern - I got 2, seems like one of the better 5 drops in the game with good stats and ability (and it's a Flyer), I wonder why it's not played more, what do you think about it ?
Surging Titan - I got 1, High requirements but good stats and very nice abilities for a 5 drop, can work well with Co9 in my opinion, what do you think about it ?
Shantiri Titan - I got 2, very good blocker with lots of HP but expensive for a defensive creature and can be used effwctively with Focused mind or AoE spells, what's the opinion about it ?
Crusader Chaplain - I got 0, as a Haven 3 drop is it any good ? The stats seem ok at best at the ability is quite situational.
Sentinel of the Ages - I got 2, great stats and abilities (can't move but also can't be bounced) but very high cost and high requirements, is it playable ? (In anything other than the gimmick Asalah deck from Open Format).
Plague Bearer - I got 2, worth completing a playset and building a poison deck around ?
Ink Warrior - I got 1, is it even playable ? What deck can utilise this card and get some value out of it ?
Symbiotic Barkskin - I got 0, is there any use for this card ?

d90.Dennis
07-12-2014, 12:06 PM
After GB launch are there any BS2 cards that became less usefull and not worth getting for WC's ?

Any ideas on how to spend 5000 seals in the most effective way ? (I thought maybe: 2 BS2 boxes and 2 HoN boxes)

Blitz556
07-12-2014, 12:39 PM
I would advise against buying BS2 boxes. The gold costing BS2 packs are cheap and WC cost of BS2 cards are low making it easier to get important cards with WC.

@Dennis - Ink Warrior can copy your Banshees... so yeah it's at playable.

Elrath's Protection is good for protecting Haven fatties or creatures like Ananel. But Broken Bridge is somewhat common these days, making things tricky.

The problem is Bloodfrenzied Wyvern is slow and expensive.

Curse of the Penitent can also combo with IS.

d90.Dennis
07-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Would you play Ink Warrior in your Seria 4/4/4 or rather play Seria's Last Order ?
I would go for the latter which is not limited to using on banshees (but works best with them).
The only creatures worth copying in my opinion are the big Titans and the not played 6 might fatties which no one would put in a deck that goes to 4 magic (maybe only Morgan in his 6/4/4 heroic destiny deck).

The reason I consider BS2 boxes is that they give you better seals/WC's value because they cost less and they contain super packs as well so I get a decent chance to get some missing rares/epics rather than buying single boosters for gold for ages and getting nothing.
Also what is the Alternative ? 3 HoN boxes which will give me less WC's and not necessarily more needed cards ?
And I will have 500 useless seals left (I can buy one pack of t.tickets maybe...)

Blitz556
07-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Would you play Ink Warrior in your Seria 4/4/4 or rather play Seria's Last Order ?
I would go for the latter which is not limited to using on banshees (but works best with them).
The only creatures worth copying in my opinion are the big Titans and the not played 6 might fatties which no one would put in a deck that goes to 4 magic (maybe only Morgan in his 6/4/4 heroic destiny deck).

The reason I consider BS2 boxes is that they give you better seals/WC's value because they cost less and they contain super packs as well so I get a decent chance to get some missing rares/epics rather than buying single boosters for gold for ages and getting nothing.
Also what is the Alternative ? 3 HoN boxes which will give me less WC's and not necessarily more needed cards ?
And I will have 500 useless seals left (I can buy one pack of t.tickets maybe...)
It depends on your preference I guess. Both Ink Warrior and Seria's Last Order works great with Banshees. Ink Warrior copies cannot be bounced or resurrected. Again Last Order banishes the card from your graveyard so both have their downsides.

You can always save the seals for future expansions instead of spending them on what is available now.

Vengyre
07-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Father Sky's Wrath (not exactly "niche") - 2 seems enough for most decks.
Mizu Kami - theyre good because of their reqs, I play up to 4 in some decks.
Curse of the Penitent - for Mill you play 2-3, I have 2 and regret not getting 3rd in the pit.
Sand Storm - I play it only in stall decks, but its an underrated stall card.
Elrath's Protection - very situational, yet playable, in Morgan Fatties or deck like this.
Lava Stream, - crap.
Dervish Master - I play her in Ammar Midrange deck, good card but not necessary to have 4, 2-3 enough.
Deep Mountain Yeti - got 1 for achievement, never played it.
Bloodfrenzied Wyvern - it will be really good with new Bloodrage meta for Stronghold, dunno about 4, but 2-3 will be nearly must.
Surging Titan - fun, but barely playable guy.
Shantiri Titan - same to above.
Crusader Chaplain - used to be really good, now mediocre.
Sentinel of the Ages - same to above, but more fun and a bit more playable (still a Timmy card)
Plague Bearer - I like playing poison Ariana, its a solid and fun deck, it's up to you, if you wanna play it, you may get them
Ink Warrior - basically banshees and Sentinels. Playable in those decks.
Symbiotic Barkskin - I tried this in Ammar Midrange, playable but not rly good.

d90.Dennis
07-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Is Poison-Ariana a "fun deck" only or is it actually good ? I seriously consider getting the last 2 P.Bearers (and maybe Damran as well) to try it out.

I have seen several types of this deck, which is better ?
http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/8285 (your old version, has it benn updated since ?)
http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/9368
http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/10595

d90.Dennis
07-17-2014, 07:53 AM
I have also tried to theorycraft a poison deck myself - http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/12295
I'm not sure whether Enthrall and Time Jump fit well in this deck or should be replaced by 4x Town Portal to make the deck faster and whether or not I should cut some of the 3-drops (for Moonsilk Strands).

d90.Dennis
08-07-2014, 02:10 PM
What I eventually ended up doing was buying 5 HoN boxes with all my remaining seals and got almost everything from HoN with the exceptions of:
2x Djinn Cloudshaper (I don't know if they are worth getting for WC now after the nerf)
2x Death Lord
1x Thrall of Hatred
1x Coral Ohyaku
1x Might of the Tribe (3 is enough anyway, right ?)
Anael (not that good anyway), Masfar, Charity.

With the WC I got from the boxes I completed the playsets of:
Enthrall, Banshee, Moonsilk Strand, Geyser, Rakshasa Scout, Night of the Rising Moon,
Nur, Garant's Purge, Seria's Legion, Arcane Intuition, Cassandra's Imperial Devotion.

Now I have about 310 remaining WC and I'm looking for advice on how to spend them.
Some cards I thought about:

Yukiko's Shrine
Time of Need
Caller of the Void (4) or Fate Bender (3), which is more useful and is any of them good enough to buy ?
Shinje Warrior (4) or Sayama Champion (2) ?
Blackskull Clan Warlord (4), it has a really limited use (Acamas) so is it even worth it and if so how many ?
Hall of Torment (4)
Curse of the Penitent (3), worth getting ? I want it for Sveltana but seems like a good spell for other heroes with Dark school as well.
Mass Rage (3), are Rage decks still good ?
Sayama Warden (2)
Truce (2)
Honor Binds Us (2), any use for more than 2 copies ?
Mizu-Kami (3)
Hidden Dojo (3), worth getting ? Usefull outside Takana as well ?

I don't want to spend WC on GB just yet so I collect them slowly through packs for now.

d90.Dennis
08-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Bump.

What I eventually ended up doing was buying 5 HoN boxes with all my remaining seals and got almost everything from HoN with the exceptions of:
2x Djinn Cloudshaper (I don't know if they are worth getting for WC now after the nerf)
2x Death Lord
1x Thrall of Hatred
1x Coral Ohyaku

Enthrall, Banshee, Moonsilk Strand, Geyser, Rakshasa Scout, Night of the Rising Moon,
Nur, Garant's Purge, Seria's Legion, Arcane Intuition, Cassandra's Imperial Devotion.

Now I have about 310 remaining WC and I'm looking for advice on how to spend them.

Yukiko's Shrine
Time of Need
Caller of the Void (4) or Fate Bender (3), which is more useful and is any of them good enough to buy ?
Blackskull Clan Warlord (4), it has a really limited use (Acamas) so is it even worth it and if so how many ?
Hall of Torment (4)
Curse of the Penitent (3), worth getting ? I want it for Sveltana but seems like a good spell for other heroes with Dark school as well.
Sayama Warden (2)
Truce (2)
Mizu-Kami (3)

I don't want to spend WC on GB just yet so I collect them slowly through packs for now.

mayar21
08-19-2014, 03:48 PM
IMHO:

2x Djinn Cloudshaper (I don't know if they are worth getting for WC now after the nerf) - I don't know too, I don't have them and after the nerf I almost never see Hakeem now, so don't know if he is that weak now or just people want to play new stuff
2x Death Lord - I'm playing 4 of them in my vampire Sveltana deck, the deck does fairly well, and this card is very helpful
1x Thrall of Hatred - a good card in Deleb rush, I play with 4
1x Coral Ohyaku - a fun card but I'm still unsure about it usability, I tried it in some Sanctuary decks but I still didn't find a good use for her, though I recently read that she shuts down boneyards and barracks, so I guess I have to test her more, she might be useful afterall
1x Might of the Tribe (3 is enough anyway, right ?) - I play with 4 coz I think it's a pretty strong card, and it doesn't hurt if you have multiple on your hand but 3 is almost like 4 so, it's not bad too :)
Anael (not that good anyway), - I have him, but don't play him because he was too easy for dark magic to destroy or enthrall, but now I see less dark magic decks, so maybe he wouldn't be that bad now, he should be good against Stronghold which is now very common, but still he has high requirements so don't know
Masfar, Charity. - heroes are heroes, it's always good to have them

Yukiko's Shrine - I have it but don't use it in my Sanctuary decks, the effect can be powerful but is very situational, maybe if it wasn't unique you could make some deck around it but as it as I don't know, on the other hand it's only one card so it probably wouldn't hurt much to throw it in a deck
Time of Need - I think it can easily be replaced by Wandering Bard, which may be even better coz you have a cheap blocker in addition to effect
Caller of the Void (4) or Fate Bender (3), which is more useful and is any of them good enough to buy ? - for me Caller of the Void is more useful because he's damage is more reliable, Fate Bender is not bad but he would be better if there was more discard effects but right now there is only Maniac Taskmaster that works with him
Shinje Warrior (4) or Sayama Champion (2) ? I like Shinje Warrior better,for me i'ts one of the stronger sanctuary cards, he is hard to deal with for the opponent, I'm not sure about Sayama Champion, I have a set but not always plays them, so it's nothing mandatory I would say
Blackskull Clan Warlord (4), it has a really limited use (Acamas) so is it even worth it and if so how many ? I don't play Acamas so I don't know if it's reallly key (probably not) but when facing him, he is usually hard to deal with, so I think he's a good card, one drawback is that he is blocked by Lurker because of his requirements
Hall of Torment (4) - may be used as a finisher in a rush deck, but I don't think it's mandatory, Hatred Thrall may be enough, this weakens your hand when drawn early. It is also used in creatureless decks as Mass Rage, as a win condition
Curse of the Penitent (3), worth getting ? I want it for Sveltana but seems like a good spell for other heroes with Dark school as well. - not that good for me, it's a worse and more expensive Insect Swarm, sometimes I'm using this in addition to Insect Swarms with Ariana but I'm not sure it's worth having in a deck
Mass Rage (3), are Rage decks still good ? - I think they are still good, I have probably the worst win rate against them than against any other deck, they always seem to have enough stall/removal to win
Sayama Warden (2) - I use it in a Shalan deck and I think it does fairly well, nice stats for the cost, the ability that synergizes with Shalan, but as a side note I don't think it's worth to spend WC's on uncommons, sooner or later you should have a set of each uncommon just through opening packs, I think it's better to save WC's for rares and especially epics because they are the ones hard to get
Truce (2) - I use it in a Shalan deck too, works well, maybe it would also work in a rush deck like Takana too
Honor Binds Us (2), any use for more than 2 copies ? - I use 3 in Takana deck, if I had 4 I think I would use all 4, for me one of the strongest sanctuary cards, especially in Takana, a big boost to all your creatures can win you game or at least swing the situation in your favor
Mizu-Kami (3) - I haven't found use for her, she's weak against Stronghold, Necro can just kill her with Dark Magic or Banshee, she could be useful against those control/stall decks like Mass Rage or Empowered Spell decks, but because of Arkath Wrath which kills her (I think) it's not the case either, maybe if there was more AoE spells like Insect Swarm you could make a deck aruond her, but as of now, she's not that useful I think
Hidden Dojo (3), worth getting ? Usefull outside Takana as well ? not sure about it, I need to test it maybe, for now it seems not that useful, even in Takana I don't use it, but maybe I should give it a try some more

Xyx0rz
08-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Anael (not that good anyway), - I have him, but don't play him because he was too easy for dark magic to destroy or enthrall
Anael is a "she". There are male angels, but this is not one of them.
I don't get the "too easy to destroy" argument. If a card is so good that it needs to die, that is a good thing, right? That means that whenever they can't kill it, you win. I could understand if you had nothing else worth killing in your entire deck but I doubt that is the case. And you still come out ahead if she gets Soulreavered; you and your opponent each spent a card and 4 resources in the exchange, but you got to heal something.
She's especially good against Necro because she also removes crippling counters.

aBorables
08-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Didn't play before it got nerfed (or play enough against it). I don't know, I personally favor the card for no real reason.

2x Death Lord
Haven't run into any decent ELO that runs this lately. Nor do I play the vampire deck so I have no clue. I say pass because of that.

1x Thrall of Hatred
Finish it. Just get tit, it's good.

1x Coral Ohyaku
Skip for now. 3's a lot anyways and you can always finish if something good pops up.

Yeah think you're okay here.

Masfar if you're bored and want to play around with Construct. Masfar if you're lame and trying to OTK for dailies. No clue on Charity no one plays her.

Yukiko's Shrine

I don't think you should prioritize it. It sounds great on paper but in execution it feels underwhelming. Mainly you have to be behind to use it, and for the most part Sanctuary can keep even in creatures imo. The times I remember using it, it's basically like an advanced Gold Pile. So skip.

Time of Need
I say skip for now. You can survive without it. Apparently a few Garants I've bumped into use it but I usually get my *** handed to me before it gets to that point. Honestly I say don't prioritize this card.

I don't play Inferno so I can only judge based on what Replay Manager is telling me. Let that be the judge for you.

I have a few Delebs in the 1600-1700 ELO range that run Caller of the Void, and it's usually 4 of them. My experience is these things are annoying but the board pressure is high anyways.

Fate Benders are more used with Garant (shocker, everyone's playing Garant), 1500-1700 ELO with 4 Maniac Taskmaster. I personally like Fate Bender since it's kinda beefy to kill.

So there you go. If you plan on playing. Both are worth picking up if you desire.

They're both fine imo but it feels like they got replaced by Kabuki Seductress. If you can wait, maybe some high tier Yukiko deck will pop up to sway your mind. If you want to pick something up, 3 Shinje Warriors maybe. But at the current moment, there isn't a huge need for them from what I've seen.

I would say skip given Strongholds more desirable options at the current moment.

Hall of Torment (4)
The decks that use this to the full extent with 4 copies are very niche. After sifting through deck builds, it seems like the better options are grab two just to toss in here and there, or max at 4 and go crazy. Still niche imo.

Skip. I've seen nothing really notable with it.

I've just started trying Mass Rage. I find it fun to play. Whether it's good or not I don't know. I personally say pick it up for the sake of having options available since you can play around with a few different heroes using it.

Sayama Warden (2)
Skip imo.

Truce (2)
Good card imo but too niche. Better off just grabbing it in packs or something.

Two should be fine.

Mizu-Kami (3)
Skip for now. Arkaths Wrath is lame. I like the card otherwise though, but not enough priority for this.

Skip imo.

TL;DR - If you had to pick, Thrall of Hatred (1) > Fate Bender (4) > Caller of the Void (4) > Mass Rage(3)/Hall of Torment (2) > Djinn Cloudshaper (2) (Hey, you might as well finish the set in this case and good off with it). That's 119 WC if I added right assuming you haven't spent it already. Save the rest or use it to finish up decks that you like to play imo.

Anael is a "she". There are male angels, but this is not one of them.
I don't get the "too easy to destroy" argument. If a card is so good that it needs to die, that is a good thing, right? That means that whenever they can't kill it, you win. I could understand if you had nothing else worth killing in your entire deck but I doubt that is the case. And you still come out ahead if she gets Soulreavered; you and your opponent each spent a card and 4 resources in the exchange, but you got to heal something.
She's especially good against Necro because she also removes crippling counters.

Pretty sure he's talking about Heart of Nightmares Anael. Which imo I agree with them for a card that's past the Soul Reaver line with no immediate benefit. Anael Angel of Redemption is great which is what you're talking about.

EDIT: Clarifying - Not to say any fat card without immediate benefit sucks. This particular card just doesn't cut it for me. Although I have absolutely no experience with it at all, so it's more of a baseless argument if anything. I should go and try it now that I think about it.

Xyx0rz
08-20-2014, 12:43 AM
Pretty sure he's talking about Heart of Nightmares Anael. Which imo I agree with them for a card that's past the Soul Reaver line with no immediate benefit.
In that case, yeah, not worth it.

d90.Dennis
08-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Thank you for the advice, I think I will go for these cards for now:

4x Caller of Void (for Deleb, Ignatius, Kal-Azaar), 3x Fate Bender (for Garant), 3x Shinje Warrior, 1x Sayama Champion, 3x Mass Rage + 4x Hall of Torment +1x Void Wraith (for Rage decks), 2x Truce + 2x Sayama Warden (for Shalan).

I don't plan to buy any more BS2 packs so getting some cheap uncommons for WC seems not so bad.

I want the: Thrall, Masfar and Cloudshapers as well but can wait for them to get cheaper because 10, 16 and 16*2 is a pit pricey in my opinion.

d90.Dennis
10-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Now that the prices of GB cards in the Altar are more reasonable I'm looking for advice on which cards to get.
I have 209 WC at the moment.

What I'm missing:

2x Kabuki Seductress - 8 WC
1x Blinding Light - 4 WC
2x Golden Horseshoe - 8 WC
3x Darkflame Fanatic - 12 WC
3x A Tear in the Vail - 12 WC
1x Makeshift Golem - 4 WC
2x Ragefire - 8 WC
4x Kabuki Infiltrator - 16 WC
3x Bloodscar Ritualist - 12 WC

2x Bloodsnake Shaman - 16 WC
4x Ice Meteor - 32 WC
3x Blessed Lake Spirit - 24 WC
4x Kabuki Propagandist - 32 WC
4x Spellhungry Breeder - 32 WC
2x Benevolent Angel - 16 WC
4x Disintegration - 32 WC
4x War Banner - 32 WC
3x Bone Setter - 24 WC
1x Bone to Bone - 8 WC

1x Titan Workforce - 16 WC
1x Hall of Memories - 16 WC
1x Raya, Chosen of the Waves - 16 WC
1x Hasafah, Chosen of the Dark - 16 WC
1x Jezebeth - 16 WC
1x Slava - 16 WC

Since I'm missing so many cards should I keep buying packs for gold before spending WC's ?
Or should I reserve the gold for SoB ?

Gdinut
10-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Now that the prices of GB cards in the Altar are more reasonable I'm looking for advice on which cards to get.
I have 209 WC at the moment.

What I'm missing:

2x Kabuki Seductress - 8 WC
2x Blinding Light - 8 WC
2x Golden Horseshoe - 8 WC
3x A Tear in the Vail - 12 WC
2x Makeshift Golem - 8 WC
3x Ragefire - 12 WC
4x Kabuki Infiltrator - 16 WC

2x Bloodsnake Shaman - 16 WC
4x Ice Meteor - 32 WC
3x Blessed Lake Spirit - 24 WC
4x Kabuki Propagandist - 32 WC
4x Spellhungry Breeder - 32 WC
3x Benevolent Angel - 24 WC
4x Disintegration - 32 WC
4x War Banner - 32 WC
3x Bone Setter - 24 WC
1x Bone to Bone - 8 WC
1x Angel Protector - 8 WC

1x Titan Workforce - 16 WC
1x Hall of Memories - 16 WC
1x Raya, Chosen of the Waves - 16 WC
1x Hasafah, Chosen of the Dark - 16 WC
1x Jezebeth - 16 WC
1x Slava - 16 WC

Since I'm missing so many cards should I keep buying packs for gold before spending WC's ?
Or should I reserve the gold for SoB ?

i can make suggestions based on what types of deck you play more often but the 4X ice meteors are a must! a lot of decks run them if you dont want 4 at least get 3.

hassafah chosen of the dark has a spot in almost all if not all dark magic decks

if you play yukiko get 2 o 3 kabuki propagandist... blessed lake spirit is also a good choice you only need 2 of those

blinding lights are a must in any light based decks. try to get the 2 you are missing if you have any light based decks. (i run 4 of those in all of my heaven decks! and some sanctuary ones)

Xyx0rz
10-11-2014, 12:47 AM
If you're still missing that many cards then you should consider buying packs for gold. From the looks of things, Griffin Bane has more good cards than Sins of Betrayal. I would at least try to get some of the uncommons in packs. 4 wildcards apiece is rather expensive for an uncommon.

I made a spreadsheet in which I calculated the average wildcard value of each type of pack regarding cards I actually need. Perhaps if you made one for yourself that would give you more insight into what is best for you.