PDA

View Full Version : Mud Cakes Help!

Samammo
05-30-2014, 07:36 AM
I'm stuck on mud cakes (ANBA Tier 2 level). I use the mantis and get through the track easily until the wheel in the middle. I cant get from on top of the wheel onto the small platform no matter what i do.
So, any help you can give me will be appreciated.
EDIT:
I completed this with 84 fails and 5:30 on the clock. Is there a way to get over the wheel and the next few obstacles easily?

Hauserfritz
05-30-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm stuck on mud cakes (ANBA Tier 2 level). I use the mantis and get through the track easily until the wheel in the middle. I cant get from on top of the wheel onto the small platform no matter what i do.
So, any help you can give me will be appreciated.
EDIT:
I completed this with 84 fails and 5:30 on the clock. Is there a way to get over the wheel and the next few obstacles easily?

You might have to upgrade your mantis a bit.

I was also stucked at this level.

The trick is to lean a bit backward when leaving/jumping the wheel and immediately lean forward in the air. You have to land on the platform with the front-wheel of your bike. To get to the next platform you have to do exactly the same. Lean backwards firstly and then in the air before landing lean forward (keep leaning forward when touching the platform with your front-wheel to make sure you dont fall backwards down).

It's a bit difficult to explain but as soon as you got this it will be easy.

Mandrake2007
06-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I was having issues at first too but after a bit of experimentation I've found a solution without upgrading. My Mantis is like 1/2/2/1.

Let the bike rest at the midpoint of the wheel and sit back in the saddle. Let it roll backwards about half a wheels length and accelerate. The trick is to ollie off the wheel before your back wheel gets too low down. From the initial resting point I use the front wheel mark as my ollie point. It feels like you need speed to clear the gap but so long as you jump off the wheel at a high enough point you should be able to clear the gap.

Next time you are on that course just take a few minutes to session that checkpoint. Even if you clear it go back and do it again until you feel comfortable.

Hope that helps.