PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II 10th anniversary PSVITA-release

piewoe
05-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently started this petition because I would really like to see this happen,
and what is a company without a little bottom-up feedback from time to time?

Since this petition is for an enhanced handheld release of the lauded console game,
I'm posting this in both the console section and the mobile section.

You can find out what enhancements I'm talking about, if you follow this link:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/assassins-creed-ii-10th-anniversary

Thank you to everyone who signs! It takes less than a minute :)
Spread the word, make this happen!

ze_topazio
05-29-2014, 04:43 PM
I wonder if the Vita will still be alive in 2019.

Kirokill
05-29-2014, 04:43 PM
It says page not found.

It would also mean that you'll have to wait 5 more years for it to release right? Since AC2 was 2009...

I wonder if the Vita will still be alive in 2019.
PSPHONTA

Bastiaen
05-29-2014, 05:38 PM
I really liked my vita for a few months, but there wasn't enough 3rd party support, or even really 1st party support. Still isn't. So I sold it.

Locopells
05-29-2014, 07:30 PM
...Everything is Permitted!

guardian_titan
05-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Have a Vita myself and don't use it. Big waste of money. :mad:

While I can see the merit to re-releasing AC2 on another platform for the 10th anniversary (it's worked well for Final Fantasy), AC1 needs the revamp far more. If any game in the series gets a revamp and re-release (even on another platform like Vita), it should be the first in the series ... especially since there's' been a LOT of features added to the series since it first came out.

Let's just focus on the series today, hmm? The series is going in a drastically different direction than what it was a few years ago when AC2 came out, and we should be looking forward, not back. Ubisoft doesn't need to back track to Ezio yet ... if ever. Ezio is done and buried. It's time people let him go. We've already had poor Connor, Aveline, and Edward since him and will soon have 1-2 more (Arnauld and Samuel?). I'd rather Ubisoft focus on future games and not go back to redo old ones. I'm still pissed over AC3L's re-release especially since I bought a Vita just to play it only to find I could've waited a year and got it far cheaper on my preferred platform (PC). :mad:

If a re-release of any of the earlier games is done, Ubisoft will likely just do the odd tweak to it like AC3L and not change much else. I wouldn't count on anything drastic beyond maybe a graphic and UI tweak. A few extra scenes and maybe a quest or two is possible, but I doubt they'd put too much effort into an update when they have other games to work on ... especially now that Watch_Dogs will likely become another franchise.

AC2 isn't old enough to worry about anniversary editions yet. At the moment, it's just too early. In another 3-4 years, it could be a very different story.

piewoe
05-29-2014, 09:48 PM
I wanted to reply to different comments so here goes:

First of all, the link wasn't working, it has been fixed now (at least I checked it and it worked).

Secondly, AC II was released in 2009 so it would indeed be another 5 years until it would come out, but don't forget you have to give developers time to develop it.
A lot of time will go into waiting until I get to my 1000 signatures quotum, so I had better started it as soon as possible

To whoever is concerned about ubisoft allocating resources; handheld versions of games are rarely developed by the developers of the console game
(take the vita version of borderlands 2 as a recent example) so ubisoft could (as a publisher) hire an external company
to develop the game without losing any resources that could be allocated to the next two upcoming AC games.

As far as protagonists go; Ezio is and probably will remain my favourite protagonist in the series.
Even though I liked haytham and wouldn't have minded spending an entire game playing him, Ezio had a likeable personality and overall presence.
When AC III introduced a new character, it felt like the end of an era for me, and I would've loved to see more of Ezio.

Also I always wanted an ezio game on a handheld, and ACII discovery just didn't cut it for me.
I've been thinking about it for a while and I definitely see potential in doing this release on VITA:
-5 years from now, the userbase of the VITA will have grown quite a bit and it would promise more revenue for ubisoft to release it on this platform
-next to simply releasing it for vita, they could probably also release a graphical enhanced version for ps4 and xbone later on (as they did with Liberation), which would make everybody happy
-a lot of fans like me still have a warm place in their hearts for Ezio and AC II overall
-the added features from brotherhood onwards could be incorporated into the new release (I'm talking about the 100% synch mechanic, horseriding in cities, parachuting and the like)
-those the truth puzzles and the da vinci flying machine lend themselves to utilizing the vita-features (touch and motion controls)

It is true that the first AC is an even bigger odd one out in the series and could use a revamp even more, but I think that game was just the bone structure of the series (as in the freerunning mechanics and fighting mechanics), while AC II definitely brought the meat (in terms of story and mission variety) so I'm definitely more invested in the second one than the first one.

Either way this petition started out of something I'm wishing for, and I'm just trying to rally troops to back up this idea.
So feel free, everything is permitted ;)

king-hailz
05-29-2014, 10:52 PM
I would rather have a HD remake for the PS4 or PS5 with the graphics of that time. Or maybe a new handheld console made... but I would rather have that... They should use all the same story cut scenes and stuff but just make it absolutely amazing graphics... I know that is extremely hard... but who knows how different things will be in 2019!!!