PDA

View Full Version : Why isnt the eternal loading screen bug fixed yet?

gabusan
05-27-2014, 07:56 PM
We still have to open the task manager to close the client unless we want to stare at a black screen forever.

This has been here since day one. And it has not been fixed yet. Ubisoft is not a small publisher at all, yet this game crippling bug is not fixed yet, after so many patches?

Why do developers dont give importance to this issue? Just because people does not complain about it anymore does not mean it is gone.

XXAbratzo
05-27-2014, 11:30 PM
Publisher =/ Developer.
Ist pretty obvious thats the development Team is rather slim.
Plus its not beeing moaned about alot like the daily quest stuff.
Still, a bad sign though that such things wont be fixed.

Edit: as i write this i fall Prey to this bug in this second ^^

TrueHolstt
05-28-2014, 12:24 AM
We still have to open the task manager to close the client unless we want to stare at a black screen forever.

This has been here since day one. And it has not been fixed yet. Ubisoft is not a small publisher at all, yet this game crippling bug is not fixed yet, after so many patches?

Why do developers dont give importance to this issue? Just because people does not complain about it anymore does not mean it is gone.

LOL, I thought it was my PC doing that. A very annoying bug then.:mad:

Kimundi
05-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Because it's mainly a bug coming from the user's internet connection. We are trying to improve the game's tolerance about the issue, but that's a bug we are unable to reproduce on our side.

gabusan
05-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Because it's mainly a bug coming from the user's internet connection. We are trying to improve the game's tolerance about the issue, but that's a bug we are unable to reproduce on our side.

It is perfectly normal that an internet conection fails every once and then. But a game that is not able to detect that the conection failed and return to log in screen, and instead goes into camatose mode, well... it is simply unforgivable. THAT is the actual bug, not the Internet conection going awry. No game should force the user to open task manager and close it manually just because the conection failed. It is ridiculous.

Woodder
05-30-2014, 10:14 AM

Kimmudi, if I write a program that artificially simulate connection instability to trigger / reproduce at will this behavior do you think the development team would then commit at adressing the issue in a later patch ? I would submit the source code as well for review and written qa/testing instructions as well.

Je pourrais fournir les instructions en anglais ou en français selon vos préférences.

banduan
05-30-2014, 10:17 AM
noticed that it tends to happen after patches

PapeYuzar
05-30-2014, 01:35 PM

I got the bug during a swiss tournment just now i'm writing: you would refound me with a ticket but this will not happen. This is one of the reason people is leaving the game: game's bugs not fixed from the beginning of the game.